The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

164969_526901100678501_1269972578_n.jpg

If he's taken Eva with him, yes. North Carolina? They were supposed to have flown down there, not taken the limo, that weekend away in Reflected. The decision to ride down in the limo was a last-minute change of plans by Gideon.

Plus, the U.S. cover of Entwined depicts luggage tags - so travel definitely is somehow a key component of the story.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday - which means we're getting a snapshot today, probably at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 19. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-18:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

12. A vase of white roses with a card that says "Happy" (can't see what) and signed xoxoxoxo. This was substituted from the original shot of an elevator bank.

13. Pieces of women's clothing scattered at the foot of a bed.

14. An NYPD detective shield (badge).

15. A man's hand grasping a bed sheet

16. A set of stairs or spectator seats (in Times Square?)

17. A man's hand holding a French passport

18. A private jet parked at an airport.

If he's taken Eva with him, yes. North Carolina? They were supposed to have flown down there, not taken the limo, that weekend away in Reflected. The decision to ride down in the limo was a last-minute change of plans by Gideon.

Plus, the U.S. cover of Entwined depicts luggage tags - so travel definitely is somehow a key component of the story.

good thinking there LN, here in the UK it is a bottle of perfume on the cover :)

"Can you escape your problems"

This put a lump in my throat.. what are the multitude of problems that need to be escaped from?

*sigh*

If they are taking his jet, why would he need tags on an internal flight?

For immigration purposes yes, if they are leaving the country?

Where shall we start? :(

I bet Gideons going to get an ulcer with all his worries. :(

I have thought that Gideon will have some sort of financial catastrophe..

and that Eva will somehow help Gideon in this regard..

I often wondered how much money Eva has..

from the compensation money that Stanton has invested for her...

Maybe he is not classed as a flight risk and they are going on a wee holiday :)

His pilot is required to file a passenger list along with a flight plan, for domestic and international flights alike.

However, it wouldn't be too hard for Gideon to arrange for false information to be filed -- he'd be paying those pilots a small fortune to work for him, and he might get them to believe he wanted to avoid having his "fiancee" finding out he was taking his "mistress" on an out-of-town trip. The chances of getting caught by the U.S. government would be pretty low. People using private jetports don't have to go through the regular security passenger screenings everyone boarding commercial flights must.

It'd be dicier to take Eva out of the country, because the pair of them would need to go through customs upon arrival in the foreign country and then again upon return to the United States, a process that would involve both of their passports being examined by government officials.

His pilot is required to file a passenger list along with a flight plan, for domestic and international flights alike.

However, it wouldn't be too hard for Gideon to arrange for false information to be filed -- he'd be paying those pilots a small fortune to work for him, and he might get them to believe he wanted to avoid having his "fiancee" finding out he was taking his "mistress" on an out-of-town trip. The chances of getting caught by the U.S. government would be pretty low. People using private jetports don't have to go through the regular security passenger screenings everyone boarding commercial flights must.

It'd be dicier to take Eva out of the country, because the pair of them would need to go through customs upon arrival in the foreign country and then again upon return to the United States, a process that would involve both of their passports being examined by government officials.

Gotcha!

She got 5 million dollars in a payout, 8 years ago. Depending on how Stanton invested it, it will be quite a substantial amount.

If Andie's theory is right that the countdown pictures are in reverse order from the snapshots, then this plane picture coincides with the detective shield (Chapter 14).

It'd be risky for Gideon to fly somewhere while still under active investigation, even though technically he's still free to move about. His own lawyers would have strongly advised him to stick around New York. If the cops for a minute thought he might be trying to flee somewhere, they'd seize on that as the appearance of guilt, and the prosecutor would rush to try to get an arrest warrant. Right now, his lawyers would be working very hard to make sure the cops never even charge him to begin with -- that the case goes away as "unsolved" because no arrest is made.

A possible theory -- Gideon decides to gamble with the cops, forcing them to either "fish or cut bait." He resumes travelling as a means to try to make the prosecution wake up and smell the coffee -- they don't have enough evidence to be able to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt to a jury, so it's time for them to back the h*** off and let him go on with his life now.

If my theory is right, his legal team is probably going to freak. But Gideon is probably determined he wants the case GONE as soon as possible so that he and Eva no longer need to hide. He wants her back openly. He wants to "put a ring on it." He doesn't want to spend years seeing her in secret while Brett and other men, believing she's single, keep wooing her. His insecurities would lead him to fear that given enough time, Brett might succeed -- or if not him, some other man.

I do at times feel sorry for Gideon with his insecurities, imagine how he must feel, he has had no love most of his live and this gorgeous blonde bombshell comes into his life and not for his money, I think it is going to take a wee while and a lot of persuasion from Eva that she really does love him.

Like Eva said at the end of Reflected (I know we are not there yet in the chapters a day but I finished listening to it last night) She is going to Marry Gideon which speaks volumes to Gideon so hopefully he can hold onto that and develop that and trust her feelings for him. :)

Totally get that but why when it comes to Eva/Cary he flat out said " I know love when I see it."? I mean Eva and Cary have an amazing bond, so much so that even Nathan supposedly attacked Cary.

So how come he knows what "love" looks like?

Also, any thoughts on potential significance of food/snack throughout the book in regards to Eva?

I am a bit confused here LN, about the part of Gideon wanting to avoid have his "fiancee" finding out, who is his Fiancee and his mistress as from what I can remember Gideon never got engaged to anyone at the end of Reflected :(

If Andie's theory is right that the countdown pictures are in reverse order from the snapshots, then this plane picture coincides with the detective shield (Chapter 14).

It'd be risky for Gideon to fly somewhere while still under active investigation, even though technically he's still free to move about. His own lawyers would have strongly advised him to stick around New York. If the cops for a minute thought he might be trying to flee somewhere, they'd seize on that as the appearance of guilt, and the prosecutor would rush to try to get an arrest warrant. Right now, his lawyers would be working very hard to make sure the cops never even charge him to begin with -- that the case goes away as "unsolved" because no arrest is made.

A possible theory -- Gideon decides to gamble with the cops, forcing them to either "fish or cut bait." He resumes travelling as a means to try to make the prosecution wake up and smell the coffee -- they don't have enough evidence to be able to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt to a jury, so it's time for them to back the h*** off and let him go on with his life now.

If my theory is right, his legal team is probably going to freak. But Gideon is probably determined he wants the case GONE as soon as possible so that he and Eva no longer need to hide. He wants her back openly. He wants to "put a ring on it." He doesn't want to spend years seeing her in secret while Brett and other men, believing she's single, keep wooing her. His insecurities would lead him to fear that given enough time, Brett might succeed -- or if not him, some other man.

I think it's just a metaphor and shouldn't be taken literal though....

I can't see him having a financial crisis. He is to smart with his money. And they have enough issues without adding that to the mix. That would be too much.

The natural assumption, based on appearances, is that after Corrine's divorce goes through, she and Gideon will marry. He wanted to marry her years ago, but she left him. Now she's left her husband and come running back to Gideon -- and anyone who looks at her can clearly see she is deeply in love with him. The fact he's seeing her exclusively would lead people to believe he's thrilled he's gotten her back.

Based on this lie, people would assume they're already engaged in all but name now. Perhaps even secretly engaged, but for proper society appearance, they're going to wait until Corrine is officially single again before announcing their marriage plans.

Meanwhile, if Gideon is in a serious relationship with Corrine headed toward the altar, but is f***** Eva on the side, then she's his mistress in all but name. As soon as Corrine becomes Mrs. Gideon Cross, then Eva (if Gideon's still keeping her on the side) would actually be his mistress.

This is what I meant when I presented a scenario about how Gideon could give some of his employees a legitimate reason for wanting to sneak around with Eva -- and to get them to do what he asks, keeping their mouths shut if they want to continue to collect fat paychecks.

I think it's just a metaphor and shouldn't be taken literal though....

Agreed, KiMa -- every one of these pictures (with perhaps the exception of the NYPD detective shield) is symbolic somehow and not to be taken at literal face value. But every one of them is some sort of hint to the plot, and so it's fun here to try to spin various theories about what the pictures might hint at.

Sylvia and her publisher both have done an excellent job building our excitement.

Agreed, KiMa -- every one of these pictures (with perhaps the exception of the NYPD detective shield) is symbolic somehow and not to be taken at literal face value. But every one of them is some sort of hint to the plot, and so it's fun here to try to spin various theories about what the pictures might hint at.

Sylvia and her publisher both have done an excellent job building our excitement.

As Gigi said, it will be interesting to see who is going to be eating crow pie!

Whose theories were right or nearest.

I just have a bad feeling in my gut. :(

With a possible 2 more books to come, will this storyline go pear shaped. I'm hoping it ends on a positive note, But!!!

If not to NC then the Florida Keys it would be practically deserted down there at this point in the summer ...

But SD did say in that interview that she loved when she wrote the part about GidEva in NC so I think a return visit there in EWY is certainly a possibility...