The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I have read FSOG too, and I really liked it at the time.   It was a completely different experience with BTY, though. I can only quote one of the comments on the back cover of BTY: "... it's what FSOG could have been." Admittedly a little unfair towards James's work, but absolutely true.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite genre is mystery but Sylvia's Crossfire series is such a great story that I will definitely continue to read her books religiously as they are released.  They are great stories, well written and I not only care about the characters but I feel their pain and joy.  I love when a writer can take me through every possible emotion when I'm reading. 

I completely agree! I so love a story where you actually really care about the characters, and the author has done such a wonderful job that it tugs on your emotions. 

Before FSOG I had never read any erotica except some of the classic stuff like O and Nin, etc. in college. Also tried Sleeping Beauty but couldn't stand it. I liked Fifty enough that I wanted something else like it and someone suggested BTY and RIY. After I read (and re re re read ) those, I couldn't get into FSOG again. Wish I could - to help me get through the wait!

I also think that VICTOR or more specifically VICTOR and MONICA is the SD bombshell I have been predicting... Up to this point there have been zero snapshots or snippets devoted to these 2 important people in Eva's life...It's either gonna be explosion or disappointment...Only June 4th will tell...

Yes!! I want more Victor!

Before FSOG I had never read any erotica except some of the classic stuff like O and Nin, etc. in college. Also tried Sleeping Beauty but couldn't stand it. I liked Fifty enough that I wanted something else like it and someone suggested BTY and RIY. After I read (and re re re read ) those, I couldn't get into FSOG again. Wish I could - to help me get through the wait!

That was pretty much like me. I'm embarrassed to say this, but when I picked up FSOG, I didn't exactly know the whole story behind it, just that a lot of people were picking it up, so I grabbed a copy. 

I was a little hesitant at first in getting BTY, but after my countless re-reads, I've never looked back. 

Hi GiGi

Just in some of the grammar, the way the book read, I had to re-read a couple of times to get the idea of what she was meaning, maybe it was more on my Ipad books rather than the paper copy but there were just some in the first and third book that I went "wait, what is she trying to say here".  Nothing drastic but just little things but I do tend to read then re-read books over and over again to get right into them.

Sheens 

Hi Sheens,

I was just wondering are your from Europe?  I know that being a Canadian, I could understand her writing because our English is Queen's English or British English.  I think that for those readers in North America, they may not have understood her references as readily. 

Thank you for your explanation.  It was greatly appreciated and it helps me to understand your perspective more. Thanks again.

Yes GiGi I think they need to clue in here. Sylvia has suggested people write to the publisher. I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait for book 4.

Hi Kirsten, 

If the publishers are smart, they will clue in, if not then they will lose more readers and that will surely affect their profits.  Time will tell.  It is never such a good idea to play politics with fans when they are awaiting the release of their favourite series.  It could ultimately backfire on the publishers...sigh!

I love EL James she is a very shy unassuming person and I loved her books ....Her first attempts at writing were amazing and as I said earlier I thank her for writing such an entertaining series. :) :)

Hi Sscrph, 

I have to say that I really liked her books.  I really didn't have anything negative to say about the series.  I took it as a light summer fluff read.  I know that she is no Charlotte Bronte, but in my opinion she did a fine job.  I really didn't pay much attention to all of the hype so it was very easy for me to get into the books.

It was very predictable in some respects and the supporting characters were not really developed.

Hi Sscrph, 

I liked the fact that some of the supporting characters were not explored a lot.  I think that the entire premise of this book was strictly Christian and Anastasia.  Everyone else simply wasn't all that important.  It is almost as if these two got lost in one another and no one else in the world seemed to matter as much.  Just a thought...

Hi Sscrph, 

I have to say that I really liked her books.  I really didn't have anything negative to say about the series.  I took it as a light summer fluff read.  I know that she is no Charlotte Bronte, but in my opinion she did a fine job.  I really didn't pay much attention to all of the hype so it was very easy for me to get into the books.

Couldn't agree more I reread all of them at least six times at last count and then started on Crossfire and now you know what I'm doing with my free time because I'm on this forum!! :)

Hi Sscrph, 

I liked the fact that some of the supporting characters were not explored a lot.  I think that the entire premise of this book was strictly Christian and Anastasia.  Everyone else simply wasn't all that important.  It is almost as if these two got lost in one another and no one else in the world seemed to matter as much.  Just a thought...

Yes so true I just loved their witty repartee and I thought the story was so poignant about the whole lack of touching on Christian's part .

It could have probably gone more books too but she decided to wrap it up in 3 Oh well !!

Couldn't agree more I reread all of them at least six times at last count and then started on Crossfire and now you know what I'm doing with my free time because I'm on this forum!! :)

Ditto.

My daughter has threatened to hide them.:(

They give me a nice warm tingly feeling. Love a good love story.:)

Hi Kirsten, 

If the publishers are smart, they will clue in, if not then they will lose more readers and that will surely affect their profits.  Time will tell.  It is never such a good idea to play politics with fans when they are awaiting the release of their favourite series.  It could ultimately backfire on the publishers...sigh!

I agree GiGi. I have a few friends who have given up on the series because of the delays. :(   I can't even imagine not reading the rest of the series because I was annoyed over the release date. Well, I am obviously a wee bit obsessed here. :)  Having said that, I do know of several who don't want to pick up any other series that comes out by Penguin which I certainly understand, since they are the ones incurring my wrath with these delays.

Skip the conflict chapters, go straight to the resolutions eh! Keeps the blood pressure down. :)

Then there's the option of going to the sex scenes -- including the final part of the Chapter 10 Reflected scene, when that encounter shifts from Gideon revenge f****** Eva to hurt her and shifts to making love to her.

Then there's the option of going to the sex scenes -- including the final part of the Chapter 10 Reflected scene, when that encounter shifts from Gideon revenge f****** Eva to hurt her and shifts to making love to her.

Which begs the question since we are nearing the end of our reread... What is everyone's favorite sexy scene in the series?

I'll start by saying mine is the limo scene ...sooooo hot!!!

Which begs the question since we are nearing the end of our reread... What is everyone's favorite sexy scene in the series?

The library at the Vidals..!!

Do we have to pick just one? How about .... a top three?

In order of appearance, rather than #1 ... #2 ... #3 ...

• Limo sex, the first time
  • In the library
  • And yes, the ride to North Carolina ... dark and dangerous though most of that scene is, it's really hot too.

Mine is when, Gideon gives her the ring, and she wakes up h*rny in the middle of he night! Phew!

Yes the library

And the plane to Las Vegas