The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

A love story from a mans POV. How good would that be. We had snippet New Year's Eve. That was brilliant. A whole book. Wow!

I know that snippet from GC's POV was amazing. SD did a wonderful job. I would definitely read and re read it if she ever wrote it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During that video interview Sylvia gave on Booktalk Nation earlier this month, she was asked whether we'd get more Crossfire stuff from Gideon's point of view -- from inside Gideon's head. 

Her answer had been that for now, she's not planning extensive material from inside Gideon's head. Her reason why was very intriguing -- it's because Gideon hasn't let her in.

Essentially, her characters come into her inspiration fully formed, and the Gideon inside her imagination is still a closed-off person in many ways.

Yeah. I remember now.

I love how her imagination works.

I just wonder how she copes, when writing one book and she gets thoughts for another that might be mid series. She said she jots down notes on anything that comes to hand, even till receipts. Made me smile. :)

One thing I've been wondering about during all the discussion and worry of the police searching for evidence of a continuing affair between E&G is what about evidence from the security team, if indeed there ever was one? How could either Gideon or the Stanton' s be sure someone on the surveillance team wouldn't talk? Especially given they're often former police. I mean if Gideon or Stanton is paying for round the clock watch on Nathan and/or possibly Eva, wouldn't that be the best evidence of all of some kind of strong connection ? And if he removed the security before the night of the vodka party, that would be another pointer, though I guess someone could argue there was a back entrance Gideon could use.

Seems to me, whoever organized the security would be at risk of either blackmail or police charges. And if it was only Angus or Clancy doing the covering, they couldn't have managed many hours. Raul? Another person that has to keep quiet.

OMG, Julie -- how could I forget?!!!

My own burning spoiler question: what was Gideon's hair color policy when it came to the bedroom (er, hotel room in his case)?

The redheaded Anne Lucas does not count toward official policy, because she was a revenge f*** not Gideon feeling frisky enough to get laid. Soooooo ..... when Gideon fell into a h.o.r.n.y mood, was the rule:

• Only brunettes need apply?
  • Brunettes need not apply, I don't want to mix dating and sex like I did with Corrine, so no more brunettes in bed?
  • Doesn't really matter - blonde, brunette, redhead. As long as she's willing, available and without expectations of anything more.
I guess it matters because it had while it been love at first sight when Gideon looked into Eva's eyes, it had been just burning l.u.s.t when he saw her out on the sidewalk, looking up at the Crossfire in awe -- him envisioning her on her knees looking up at him that way. Did she catch his eye sexually because she wasn't a brunette -- OR -- did she catch his eye despite the fact she wasn't a brunette?

I'd like to think it didn't matter one way or another. I'd like to think that the whole brunette thing was a Mommy issue, plain and simple, that Gideon was unconsciously striking back at his trophy wife brunette mother, who chose her rich husband's bribed doctors over her own child. Gideon is getting even with trophy girlfriend brunettes, ones he refuses to become intimate with, because his only attempt to combine both -- Corrine -- ended badly.

If it's true he f*** only brunettes too, well I find that more disturbing, because it does make Corrine along with his mother far more of a sexual fetish issue.

Either way, Eva has broken the Reign of the Brunettes. But I still want to know just how deeply the issue ran with him before he fell in love with an amazing woman who just happened to be blonde.

It's interesting as when GidEva met, a brunette was present that presumably fit right up Gid's "qualifications" but Gid paid her no mind and was drawn to Eva.

In the opening chapter of BTY, Eva states "I was walking towards the bank of elevators, when a svelte, beautifully groomed brunette caught her purse in the turnstile and upended it spilling a deluge of change....."

I will say reading over that first chapter, can provide some insights per say, no??? It represents a major shift, now that we then "know a little bit more?"

During that video interview Sylvia gave on Booktalk Nation earlier this month, she was asked whether we'd get more Crossfire stuff from Gideon's point of view -- from inside Gideon's head. 

Her answer had been that for now, she's not planning extensive material from inside Gideon's head. Her reason why was very intriguing -- it's because Gideon hasn't let her in.

Essentially, her characters come into her inspiration fully formed, and the Gideon inside her imagination is still a closed-off person in many ways.

I found that fascinating when SD said that!!

It's interesting as when GidEva met, a brunette was present that presumably fit right up Gid's "qualifications" but Gid paid her no mind and was drawn to Eva.

In the opening chapter of BTY, Eva states "I was walking towards the bank of elevators, when a svelte, beautifully groomed brunette caught her purse ins turnstile and upended it spilling a deluge of change....."

I will say reading over that first chapter, can provide some insights per say, no??? It represents a major shift, now that we then "know a little bit more?"

You are right on with this KiMa!!

Remember he was staring at Eva even as he was talking to the brunette and Eva had to interrupt to get her badge back!!

Gid was totally oblivious to the brunette... the brunette kept gushing thank-yous to him....while he was focus on Eva. From the onset, he was drawn to Eva even as his "customary type" was present. He went back to the building for no one else but Eva.

I find myself re-reading/listening via audio to that opening scene from a more enlightened perspective.

Today is Memorial Day in the US--it is a holiday to honor those who sacrificed their lives in the military---do you all have something similar in Europe? 

We have two Remembrance Days to honour our soldiers who died in WW1 and WW2. They are not official holidays, but in such occasions people from our Government attend functions and lay flowers at the memorials (unfortunately not poppies, which is so romantic!!)

We have St. Anthony's Day (June 13) here, which used to be a holiday day.

We have two Remembrance Days to honour our soldiers who died in WW1 and WW2. They are not official holidays, but in such occasions people from our Government attend functions and lay flowers at the memorials (unfortunately not poppies, which is so romantic!!)

We have St. Anthony's Day (June 13) here, which used to be a holiday day.

We have Remembrance Day on November 11 to honour our soldiers who fought in WWI and WW2. In Canada, they aren't officially holidays, unless you're working for the government. They have a lot of events that take place on that day as well.

The only day all retailers get off is Christmas Day.

It used to be that everyone, including retailers, also got off the second biggest U.S. holiday, Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November. But now the opposite is true for retailers, because Thanksgiving starts a retail frenzy.

Many people get a four-day weekend for Thanksgiving, and they do holiday gift shopping that weekend. The day after Thanksgiving is known as "Black Friday" -- the biggest retail day of the year (black meaning "profit" on the balance sheets, as opposed to red, which means "loss" on financial balance sheets.) Now Black Friday has been creeping into Thanksgiving itself, with some stores opening that Thursday night in order to lure shoppers. Most of the major retailers definitely are open by midnight Thursday into Friday offering special sales in the morning. Every retailer wants the earliest shopper to come to their stores to spend money first.

It's nuts. People either love or hate Black Friday -- either go out of their way to plan their shopping that day or avoid stores like the plague.

I was in the US once for Black Friday...it was insane! I live pretty close to the US and I go fairly often.

The closest thing that we have to Black Friday is Boxing Day on December 26 (and if you live anywhere in the country besides my city) the stores are usually insane with people shopping. 

Even though I am a naturalized USC, I was born in Grenada and pretty much familiar with most of the British Holidays as well....at least some...as we were colonized by British, gained independence, but the Queen's face still appears on most of the currency used in Grenada.

I was in the US once for Black Friday...it was insane! I live pretty close to the US and I go fairly often.

The closest thing that we have to Black Friday is Boxing Day on December 26 (and if you live anywhere in the country besides my city) the stores are usually insane with people shopping. 

Boxing day here in Scotland can get quite crazy as well here like Black Friday over there

I actually emailed E.L James to let her know how I like the series and told her the same thing of wanting the series re-written from CG's POV. She responded that she is tinkering around with that but not to get my hopes up as it might not be published. So fingers crossed it might. To be honest I would absolutely LOVE if SD re-wrote the Crossfire series from Gideon's POV after the original series is complete.

I would love that. Thank you for asking her and sharing the info. :-)

OMG, Julie -- how could I forget?!!!

My own burning spoiler question: what was Gideon's hair color policy when it came to the bedroom (er, hotel room in his case)?

The redheaded Anne Lucas does not count toward official policy, because she was a revenge f*** not Gideon feeling frisky enough to get laid. Soooooo ..... when Gideon fell into a h.o.r.n.y mood, was the rule:

• Only brunettes need apply?
  • Brunettes need not apply, I don't want to mix dating and sex like I did with Corrine, so no more brunettes in bed?
  • Doesn't really matter - blonde, brunette, redhead. As long as she's willing, available and without expectations of anything more.
I guess it matters because it had  while it been love at first sight when Gideon looked into Eva's eyes, it had been just burning l.u.s.t when he saw her out on the sidewalk, looking up at the Crossfire in awe -- him envisioning her on her knees looking up at him that way. Did she catch his eye sexually because she wasn't a brunette -- OR -- did she catch his eye despite the fact she wasn't a brunette?

I'd like to think it didn't matter one way or another. I'd like to think that the whole brunette thing was a Mommy issue, plain and simple, that Gideon was unconsciously striking back at his trophy wife brunette mother, who chose her rich husband's bribed doctors over her own child. Gideon is getting even with trophy girlfriend brunettes, ones he refuses to become intimate with, because his only attempt to combine both -- Corrine -- ended badly.

If it's true he f*** only brunettes too, well I find that more disturbing, because it does make Corrine along with his mother far more of a sexual fetish issue.

Either way, Eva has broken the Reign of the Brunettes. But I still want to know just how deeply the issue ran with him before he fell in love with an amazing woman who just happened to be blonde.

Could it be possible that the women he saw socially were brunettes only and the women he was involved with se***lly were anything. I would think if he was seen in public with women they were not the women he was taking to the bedroom.

in regards to Angus helping Gideon with th murder, didn't he drive Eva to and from Dr. Peterson... Cause Gideon said he was working late and would take a cab, Angus will pick you up.  Am I right?

There was CG POV in the last FSOG book about the interview then how he got all that info on Ana and then went to the hardware store.  Said he never actively pursued a woman before.

Can't wait  (too bad I don't live in Norway, did read the review and now I have many more questions)  June 4 can't get here soon enough

Hi, I personally agree with those of you that see the "brunettes issue" as a "mommy issue" as if he couldn't "control" what happened with the most important woman of his life when he was a child and so now he tries to "control" his relationships with adult brunettes women.

Clearly when he met Eva he could not control himself and could not  stop himself from wanting her...

I am incidentally also quite curious to find out how it is explained that he first said to Eva he had more sex with her in a couple of weeks that in the previous 2 years and then he said to Dr. Petersen he had sex twice a week...

Anyway, I think we are all ready for the book... too much wait is not healthy when it comes to this...

Shame that most of us will just be waiting and waiting again for book 4  only starting the 6th of June... 

I wished the books were longer... and maybe cover a longer spell of time... it is nice to see the story developing day by day, but it would be also very nice (maybe in book 5?!) to see what happens long term between them... I would love have a little look into their lives a few years later... when they hopefully are well settled in their relationship... maybe have children?! and what happened to the other characters of the books as well...

Hi, I personally agree with those of you that see the "brunettes issue" as a "mommy issue" as if he couldn't "control" what happened with the most important woman of his life when he was a child and so now he tries to "control" his relationships with adult brunettes women.

Clearly when he met Eva he could not control himself and could not  stop himself from wanting her...

I am incidentally also quite curious to find out how it is explained that he first said to Eva he had more sex with her in a couple of weeks that in the previous 2 years and then he said to Dr. Petersen he had sex twice a week...

Anyway, I think we are all ready for the book... too much wait is not healthy when it comes to this...

Hi paulatim.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm an Essex girl!

I said a while back that I thought the brunette fetish had mummy issues.

I think he is exacting his revenge on (his mother)brunettes by sc*ewing them and casting them aside (abandoning them) like his mother

did him. I did go more into it if you can find my post. Mummy also seems to have a penchant for young men, hence the comment to Elizabeth by Gideon at the garden party. Not long now. :)

in regards to Angus helping Gideon with th murder, didn't he drive Eva to and from Dr. Peterson... Cause Gideon said he was working late and would take a cab, Angus will pick you up.  Am I right?

There was CG POV in the last FSOG book about the interview then how he got all that info on Ana and then went to the hardware store.  Said he never actively pursued a woman before.

Can't wait  (too bad I don't live in Norway, did read the review and now I have many more questions)  June 4 can't get here soon enough

You do have a point here, forgot about that

Hi paulatim.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm an Essex girl!

I said a while back that I thought the brunette fetish had mummy issues.

I think he is exacting his revenge on (his mother)brunettes by sc*ewing them and casting them aside (abandoning them) like his mother

did him. I did go more into it if you can find my post. Mummy also seems to have a penchant for young men, hence the comment to Elizabeth by Gideon at the garden party. Not long now. :)

I did think that as well Julie then a horrible shudder went through me just the thought of Elizabeth penchant for young men like that made me cringe a bit, just as well Cary was ready to leave as well as Gideon/Eva 

Angus did drive Eva from work to Dr. Petersen's and then from Dr. Petersen's to home. He'd have gotten her home sometime before 7:30 p.m. (the weekly appointment was 6 p.m.). 

The party that was Gideon's alibi was from 6-9 p.m.

My theory is Angus started the evening off as part of Eva's alibi (all of her movements could be accounted for by witnesses, Angus included) then once she was safely at home (Cary and home nurse as her alibi) then Angus put himself into position to assist Gideon.

My guess is Raul picked up Gideon at the Crossfire, then drove to Corrine's to pick her up for her "date" with Gideon, drove the pair of them to the party, then drove Corrine home. Gideon still would need to have alibi coverage for later in the night, to be safe, so my guess is he told Eva the truth when he said he was working late -- he arranged some sort of late business meeting for after the party.

Angus did drive Eva from work to Dr. Petersen's and then from Dr. Petersen's to home. He'd have gotten her home sometime before 7:30 p.m. (the weekly appointment was 6 p.m.). 

The party that was Gideon's alibi was from 6-9 p.m.

My theory is Angus started the evening off as part of Eva's alibi (all of her movements could be accounted for by witnesses, Angus included) then once she was safely at home (Cary and home nurse as her alibi) then Angus put himself into position to assist Gideon.

My guess is Raul picked up Gideon at the Crossfire, then drove to Corrine's to pick her up for her "date" with Gideon, drove the pair of them to the party, then drove Corrine home. Gideon still would need to have alibi coverage for later in the night, to be safe, so my guess is he told Eva the truth when he said he was working late -- he arranged some sort of late business meeting for after the party.

thanks again LN for the info, I never thought of it like that and I forgot about Raul LOL, guess that is because he is not such a prominent character as Angus is :)