The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

OK, by popular "yes" votes by several members, this is to start a new thread devoted to Sylvia's latest clever way to keep us enthused and entertained until June -- she's going to post clues to Entwined twice per week -- Tuesday and Friday -- to cover every chapter of the forthcoming novel.

Here's how she explains it on www.sylviaday.com

Between now and the release day of Entwined with You, I’m going to be posting two “snapshots†a week–one on Tuesday and one on Friday. Each snapshot (not to be confused with a snippet or excerpt!) will tie into a chapter in some way. So, two chapter peeks a week from now until June 4th, which will take us through all the chapters.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got two separate theories:

1. More of Gideon continuing to deliberately manipulate the media, especially the tabloids, via continuing to appear in public with Corrine even though he is now secretly seeing Eva.
  2. The cops leaking the story to the media that a former step family member of socialites Eva Trammel and her mother Monica Stanton had been found murdered a couple of weeks earlier in New York City. I'm sure the media would mention why Eva is famous enough to be tabloid fodder -- she recently had a hot and heavy thing going on with celebrity billionaire Gideon Cross.

Why I like # 1 better:

I can see Gideon and Eva making a pact in Chapter One that whatever the danger, they find a way to spend stolen time together. In order to lessen the risk, Gideon is going to need to keep up the public lie he's seeing Corrine. Eva will be willing to put up with that, now that she knows the truth about why Gideon started living that lie.

His public behavior at the start of Entwined would be a continuation of what he started doing halfway through Reflected. Especially because we know he deliberately set things up to have himself photographed with Corrine on at least two separate occasions the week of the murder. And those are just the ones we know about, because Eva saw those. She quit looking after the picture of the party at the hotel, but Gideon was continuing to spend time with Corrine. Eva caught him red-handed coming out of the Crossfire with Corrine a couple of weeks later.

Why I think #2 is a possibility

Maybe the cops want to continue to turn up the heat on Gideon and Eva, including even draw out of the woodwork people who might know something. Such as a witness who can place Gideon near Nathan's hotel the night of the murder. Or perhaps make it harder for Eva to walk around in public unnoticed, because suddenly she'd be back in the news again, this time for something even juicier than being Gideon's now-former girlfriend.

Hi,

I am new to this. I have been reading this forum for months and finally decided to jump in. I ABSOLUTELY love Sylvia Day's writing. I have read many of her books. However the Crossfire series is by far my FAVORITE. I am really hoping that this press release is for the NYPD dropping the case. i want to get right to the good stuff! lol

Thank-you, LN!

I hope that it is your theory #1

but my gut tells me that it is theory #2...

BUT do you think your theory #1 and #2 could both come into play?  Both parties (Gideon and the police) trying to manipulate the press?

Thank-you, LN!

I hope that it is your theory #1

but my gut tells me that it is theory #2...

BUT do you think your theory #1 and #2 could both come into play?  Both parties (Gideon and the police) trying to manipulate the press?

It's possible that later in the story, the cops might start pulling the same malarkey that Gideon is -- manipulating the media. Fighting fire with fire?

Maybe Chapter One would simply involve Gideon and Eva finally being able to talk about everything they couldn't for the prior three weeks -- everything from the day Gideon started pulling away. Including his using Corrine as a public cover to manipulate the media. And about Eva finally -- finally -- gotten past her insecurity about Corrine, knowing now for certain Gideon never slept with Corrine (since she came back to town.)

Some sweet make-up sex and then a clear-the-air conversation afterward. And a joint decision about how Gideon is continue to conduct himself in public. And the start of a plan of how Gideon and Eva are going to see one another in private. I can see all of that in the first chapter. Sex. Long Overdue Talk. Plan.

I agree with theory #1 LN. That makes the most sense to me . Gideon has to keep up appearances as far as Corrine goes, although we have talked about that having a negative effect on Eva at some point. Hopefully she keeps that google alert closed. ;)

I don't think Eva ever will be 100% comfortable with Gideon spending time with Corrine. But I do at last see her trusting Gideon, because near the end of Reflected, Eva on her own finally tackled her fears about Corrine. By confronting Corrine herself, Eva determined once and for all Gideon had not slept with Corrine -- not that morning, not the night of the party, not a nooner at the Crossfire. So Eva has faced her own demons.

Eva warned Gideon the day she agreed to be his girlfriend that she could get crazy with jealousy and insecurity. Her issues erupted full fury the night she met Corrine, and her issues around Corrine threatened the relationship every bit as much as Gideon's issues of keeping secrets and shutting Eva out. So now, in Entwined, I expect to see an even stronger Eva no longer insecure about Gideon's love.

As for the Google alerts and the rest of following tabloid coverage of Gideon, that'll be interesting. Will Eva finally do what Gideon has asked all along -- quit reading that stuff? It used to cause her such anxiety. And after the party picture, she finally stopped bothering, because (at the time) she'd seen everything she needed to know her worst fears (at the time and totally wrong) were justified. However -- if Eva is now going to be an active part of fooling the cops, might all of that tabloid stuff now be need-to-know? That she should stay on top of it as part of the plan she's now actively part of?

PRESS is going to be an important topic in Chapter One, per our very first clue.

So maybe I am REALLY far off and being sick and staying home from work is making me a little loopy.  However I am assuming that the pen and paper have something to do with them writing something in the paper or maybe something was written in the paper.  Originally my mind went to the crossword puzzle in the paper, because whatever do you need a pen for when reading the paper.  Then I thought again and didn't take it so literally, again I am home sick today LOL. 

Maybe Gideon decided that since he is always so good at manipulating the press with pictures, that this time he would do it in writing.  No I do not have any kind of idea as to what was written, but maybe he gave an interview about Nathan to the newspaper in hopes of getting their story to the press before the press starting speculating. 

Hi LNCronan,

Your theory is interesting. You mentioned that Sylvia would post clues. Thus far your theories have accounted for the press and the newspaper, but what about the pen? How does that factor into your theories?

It is very clear that Sylvia doesn’t do something for no reason. So I wonder what the pen could be about. Could it be some kind of written communication between Eva and Gideon, or between Gideon and the press, or Eva and the press? Could the pen be a “Cross†pen (brand and surname no pun intended)?

For the pen, the thing that jumps to mind is the proverb "The pen is mightier than the sword." It means that words are a more powerful weapon than brute force. Napoleon was often quoted as saying he feared hostile newspapers more than he feared bayonets.

I read into it that words (media manipulation) could prove more powerful than the police force. 

I know it's a stretch, but that's what came to mind.

BTW, on Twitter, Sylvia indicated there are going to be a total of 22 of these clues. Sweet!

From her Facebook page--
Sylvia's definition of snapshot:

"Snapshot: 1 : a casual photograph made typically by an amateur with a small handheld camera 2 : an impression or view of something brief or transitory <a snapshot of life back then> - not to be confused with a snippet or excerpt! :)"

&nbsp;

From her Facebook page--

Sylvia's definition of snapshot:

&nbsp;

"Snapshot: 1 : a casual photograph made typically by an amateur with a small handheld camera 2 : an impression or view of something brief or transitory &lt;a snapshot of life back then&gt; - not to be confused with a snippet or excerpt! :)"

&nbsp;

Hi AMC,

How do you think that Sylvia's definition fits into this entire thread? I am now curious. :)

Very dangerous if there is any press out there about Gideon's connection to a crime and also with Corrine in general. I say this as then it opens the possibility that those 3 individuals whom Cary had is sexual escapades with wherein Gideon physically attacked the guy who was coming on to Eva and Cary later commented that

The girls flew out of the apartment fast because they were scared. Cary mentioned that unless the guy Gideon attacked and the other two girls who were in on the sex escapades don't connect that none will be the wiser.

Work any potentially news out there linking Gideon to a violent act um what if the guy he attacks recognizes him.... This adds fire to the flame so I am praying this isn't some clue about any association between Gideon and the murder of Nathan...

I like the Brett idea. Remember he did an interview saying that there really was an Eva out there and he was hoping to reconnect with her..!! Niice thinking KiMa.. I was thinking maybe Eva would start to communicate with Brett but not lead him on, just as an distraction as Gideon is using Corrine into the dust clears..!!

Hi KiMa,

I like your theory about Gideon and the "orgy" guy. In the first book Eva described the guy's pupils as being dilated which would make me think that he was "high" on something. I guess the question will become, just how high was the "orgy" guy and can he really be trusted to accurately identify Gideon? What do you think?

I think that when Brett comes back to town when the concert tour ends, Cary is going to end up leaking -- deliberately or inadvertently -- that Eva is the woman in the song Golden. Then over at Vidal Records, Christopher Jr. is going to have a press field day with it, both for record company publicity and as a golden opportunity (pun intended) to twist Gideon's tail. All it would take is a little digging on Christopher's part to uncover the dirt on how Eva used to be a wild groupie. It'd be as easy as Christopher asking some of the band members.

Eva would never use Brett, but I can see she and Gideon ultimately using the tabloid feeding frenzy to their advantage, because it would create a plausible reason -- jealousy -- for Gideon to suddenly be interested in Eva again. A plausible reason even the cops would recognize that some jury might buy. It would create the fake public appearance of a second love triangle, this one with Gideon, not Eva, on the short end -- and Gideon wanting to do something about it, given his nature. In the process, he blows it with Corrine.

Here my theories about how the spin could be made via some well-planned nudging in the background by Gideon (with Eva helping.)

• Right now, as Entwined opens, we have love triangle number one: Corrine-Gideon-Eva. In Reflected, Gideon had been in the middle between the two women. Corrine, whom he had wanted to marry years ago suddenly came back to him. At the time, Eva was his relatively new girlfriend. He jumped at the second chance with Corrine and Eva came out on the losing end. However, Gideon naturally assumed Eva would wait around as number two, holding a torch like every other woman who has ever been serious about him. 
  • But as Entwined unfolds, the public sees a new, second love triangle develop: Brett-Eva-Gideon. Brett the rock star who wrote Eva a beautiful love song begging for another chance, a song that's a hit and he's been performing on a concert tour. And he's already been telling the media, back in Reflected, he's reconnected with Eva and wants another shot. Years ago, Eva wanted him -- badly. Now all Eva has to do is snap her fingers and Brett is her's. Eva suddenly has a very viable option to waiting around hoping things don't work out between Gideon and Corrine.
  • And Gideon doesn't like this new development one bit. He's never had to compete for a woman before, and it brings out every last competitive ounce in him. There aren't too many guys that can give a celebrity billionaire a run for his money (another pun intended) but a celebrity rock star is one. So Gideon could make this look like he is feeling threatened and this makes him reconsider leaving Eva hanging on the string as his number two choice. 
  • Suddenly, he's yet again publicly torn between the two women. Corrine suddenly looks less spectacular beside Eva, who now has both Brett and Gideon interested. Corrine doesn't stand for Gideon being interested in Eva again. So for the second time in her life, Corrine walks away from Gideon (behind the scenes he actually drives her away but lets her walk away with her dignity intact, making it look like she dumped him yet again.) 

After Corrine leaves, Gideon openly tries to win Eva again. She has her pick between two wanting another chance, and she chooses Gideon. Both Eva and Gideon had old flames after them, but their rocky new relationship works out in the end. The tabloids would eat this up. The cops would be frustrated yet again -- the pen being mightier than the sword (the media being mightier than the cops.)