The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been posted before:

SD is a former Russian linguist for the U.S. Army Military Intelligence---interesting!

This info was in the bio. section on SD in the back of SD's two books that I am reading ...

"Pleasures Of The Night" and "Heat Of The Night"....  

That's so cool!!! It doesn't surprise me she has a gift for languages, because some writers do. But it does demonstrate why she's such a talented writer.

can't wait to hear what info you get from the meet & greet!! : ) I wish I had written down questions beforehand!!  

Hi Kirsten,

You had better dish all the dirt when you come back from the Meet & Greet girl!  We will all be waiting with baited breath!! Quick, quick, sister, start preparing your questions!!  You’re going to have to be ready!!    :)

she's married and has both children & step children. Everyone always asks her husband if he is the inspiration behind Gideon and he always responds jokingly "yes" lol!! just because he gets that question so often. She's always being referred to E L James but unlike EL, Sylvia does more interviews and book signings and spends time with her fans.  Fame hasn't changed Sylvia one bit. She drives a Prius and lives in the same house she was living in when she had her daughter. All the more reason to love her!! some people let fame get their heads but not Sylvia!! She tries to stay under the radar with people recognizing her especially when she goes to the dentist. I think she goes by her married name with dr offices etc. She told us a funny story about her son had come home with paper (I think it was a bad grade on a test) from the teacher that Sylvia had to sign. So he goes back to school the next day and puts the paper on his teacher's desk and says "People wait for hours just to get her signature"! lol  

Lucky!!! Any other interesting tidbits about SD?

She IS interesting---would love to meet her and hear her speak!

I totally agree with you. I believe he has learned his lesson and will not go back to his old ways after seeing the turmoil Eva went through because he kept her in the dark. When Eva told him about Nathan raping her in BTY, it always bothered me why Gideon didn't let her in on his rape. can anyone explain why he didn't tell her back in the beginning?  

she's married and has both children & step children. Everyone always asks her husband if he is the inspiration behind Gideon and he always responds jokingly "yes" lol!! just because he gets that question so often. She's always being referred to E L James but unlike EL, Sylvia does more interviews and book signings and spends time with her fans.  Fame hasn't changed Sylvia one bit. She drives a Prius and lives in the same house she was living in when she had her daughter. All the more reason to love her!! some people let fame get their heads but not Sylvia!! She tries to stay under the radar with people recognizing her especially when she goes to the dentist. I think she goes by her married name with dr offices etc. She told us a funny story about her son had come home with paper (I think it was a bad grade on a test) from the teacher that Sylvia had to sign. So he goes back to school the next day and puts the paper on his teacher's desk and says "People wait for hours just to get her signature"! lol  

I just spit coffee on my computer monitor, I laughed so hard at her son's line!!!. Sounds like he's got as much sass as Eva. Love it!

I totally agree with you. I believe he has learned his lesson and will not go back to his old ways after seeing the turmoil Eva went through because he kept her in the dark. When Eva told him about Nathan raping her in BTY, it always bothered me why Gideon didn't let her in on his rape. can anyone explain why he didn't tell her back in the beginning?  

Gideon's own serious issues are a belief he's not worthy of love and a great deal of trouble trusting people.

He couldn't trust anyone to know the truth he'd been raped. Why would he? His own mother didn't trust him. And this problem is the reason he didn't get married -- it was impossible for him to share a home with Corrine, because it would include sharing a bedroom, and she'd find out about his rape nightmares.

He couldn't even trust Eva with the truth. He dumped her as soon as she witnessed one of his nightmares for the first time (and bitterly regretted breaking up with her -- four days later, he begged her to come back.) But he still wouldn't talk about it. Not until the final days of Reflected did he dare start opening up -- and the reason he did is he finally understood that his refusal to open up to her is what would make her move on to a life without him.

I can totally see them getting married in a small ceremony on the beach possibly at the house in NC with their nearest & dearest - Cary, Ireland, Victor, Arnoldo, Monica, Stanton & of course Angus. Victor & Cary would give her away and Ireland would be maid of honor. Elopement would be another nice alternative and then have a small reception at the house in NC.

Hi everyone,
I think that Eva Cross has a nice “ring†to it…no pun intended. :) I do however wonder how the intended happy couple would deal with the entire wedding “thing� Would they elope, get married at city hall or have a church wedding?

• I personally don’t see either Gideon or Eva getting married in a church. Neither person strikes me as terribly religious or that into tradition. I also couldn’t see that many people being invited to attend this function.
  • Gideon and Eva eloping might be nice if they got to jet away to some tropical destination. What would become of Cary though? Do they elope with Cary and a few friends in tow? Or do they do it Vegas style and go for a quickie chapel style wedding?
  • What about city hall? Do you see Gideon, the richest man in New York City getting married at some dingy government office to his beloved Eva? I personally don’t think so.
Then there would be the matter of whom would be invited to the wedding; Gideon, Eva, Monica (can stew over what wedding dress Eva chooses to wear or not wear and then can sit in a corner and look at some pretty diamond encrusted bobble that Stanton bought her to amuse herself with :)) , Stanton (can pull out his wallet and pay for this shindig gratefully knowing that Eva will no longer be his problem but Gideon’s instead :)), Cary (can flirt and/or shag someone from the wait-staff and hopefully find his happily ever after), Ireland, Arnoldo (since he has a restaurant he can cater the event or can host a nice quiet reception :)), Angus (will keep his gun in tote and protect everyone ensuring that nothing else can go possibly wrong :)), and Victor (will finally have a clue as to what kind of stinky mother Monica was/is). Other than that I am not sure that I see a whole lot of other guests. What does everyone think?

Snapshot #13 just hit the Internet. Here's the link: http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/04/30/entwined-snapshot-13/

Seriously hot!!!! 

In the foreground on the floor are a pair of white lace panties, black stockings and a pair of black patent leather pumps. They're next to the foot of a bed. Half hanging off the mattress is a woman's white silk blouse.

Pretty sure this depicts Eva's clothes thrown on some bedroom floor. Not his bedroom though, not from the description we've been given of the color scheme of Gideon's bedroom. It could be her room, or it could be another bedroom - hotel room, secret love nest, etc. ......

Thank you so much for your explanation, LN. It's help me understand it better. I'm re-reading the chapters again but I'm also going to get this on audio too.  

Gideon's own serious issues are a belief he's not worthy of love and a great deal of trouble trusting people.

He couldn't trust anyone to know the truth he'd been raped. Why would he? His own mother didn't trust him. And this problem is the reason he didn't get married -- it was impossible for him to share a home with Corrine, because it would include sharing a bedroom, and she'd find out about his rape nightmares.

He couldn't even trust Eva with the truth. He dumped her as soon as she witnessed one of his nightmares for the first time (and bitterly regretted breaking up with her -- four days later, he begged her to come back.) But he still wouldn't talk about it. Not until the final days of Reflected did he dare start opening up -- and the reason he did is he finally understood that his refusal to open up to her is what would make her move on to a life without him.

I can totally see them getting married in a small ceremony on the beach possibly at the house in NC with their nearest & dearest - Cary, Ireland, Victor, Arnoldo, Monica, Stanton & of course Angus. Victor & Cary would give her away and Ireland would be maid of honor. Elopement would be another nice alternative and then have a small reception at the house in NC.

I see them getting married eventually, but not in the timeframe of EWY. It is only 2 weeks and Sylvia said they have a lot to work on. Maybe (ill hopefully LOL) book 4 or beginning of 5 will have our beautiful beach ceremony in NC.

My guess is they go to Cali to see Victor. My question is why the luggage tags? Wouldn't they be using one of Gideons planes where his crew would be handling the luggage?

Snapshot #13 just hit the Internet. Here's the link: http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/04/30/entwined-snapshot-13/

Seriously hot!!!!

In the foreground on the floor are a pair of white lace panties, black stockings and a pair of black patent leather pumps. They're next to the foot of a bed. Half hanging off the mattress is a woman's white silk blouse.

Pretty sure this depicts Eva's clothes thrown on some bedroom floor. Not his bedroom though, not from the description we've been given of the color scheme of Gideon's bedroom. It could be her room, or it could be another bedroom - hotel room, secret love nest, etc. ......

Yes I agree, H-O-T :-D

I was trying to tell if it was pantyhose or stockings.... It almost looked like pantyhose. We know Eva prefers stockings so maybe it is Cary's room with Tatiana?

she's married and has both children & step children. Everyone always asks her husband if he is the inspiration behind Gideon and he always responds jokingly "yes" lol!! just because he gets that question so often. She's always being referred to E L James but unlike EL, Sylvia does more interviews and book signings and spends time with her fans. Fame hasn't changed Sylvia one bit. She drives a Prius and lives in the same house she was living in when she had her daughter. All the more reason to love her!! some people let fame get their heads but not Sylvia!! She tries to stay under the radar with people recognizing her especially when she goes to the dentist. I think she goes by her married name with dr offices etc. She told us a funny story about her son had come home with paper (I think it was a bad grade on a test) from the teacher that Sylvia had to sign. So he goes back to school the next day and puts the paper on his teacher's desk and says "People wait for hours just to get her signature"! lol

I will be one of them waiting. The teacher should have said I expect more of your writing. Lol

thats just classic. Hope that teacher treasures that autograph. That lads got his head screwed on right.

could it be, that he thought she wouldn't be able to handle the baggage that she was already carrying. When they were in NC, Gideon told Eva about his mother not believing him, Eva flew off the handle. Gideon made a comment "look at you, so off and upset" he didn't want to burden her.

I was reading some of the comments under the snapshot and people were saying that they wondered if Eva slept with Brett. NO WAY she would do that! I was shocked that was even said to be honest. Maybe i am a little obsessed with this book and feel like i am friends with Eva and Gideon. So i except everyone to be as invested. LOL