The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I agree. It's like an unnecessary dragging to this. If chapter one doesn't

Put an end to N's death, I will be disappointed. Way too much room for other characters that needs exploring.

Hi KiMa,

I agree.   I think that time could be much better spent on trying to figure out why Monica and Elizabeth Vidal are such crappy mothers?  Seriously, I have to know...what is their deal anyway.  :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi KiMa,

How do you think that Victor found out about Eva's past?  Do you think that Eva and Monica lived in San Diego until Monica's marriage to Stanton?  Or do you think that perhaps Victor kept tabs on his child using his police connections?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

victor will be devastated when he finds out about Eva's rape. I'm sure he will do whatever possible to help Gideon get out of his mess. I wonder how Victor will react, as both a cop and father?

My sisters friends daughter was date raped, a while back. The man responsible was caught thank goodness and jailed. But the father has stated that, if he ever saw the guy about he would be a dead man. Police warned him to move away and never come back for his own safety.

Parents will protect their children at all cost.

Ok, I have to ask a stupid question. I have read RIY too many times to count and am I missing clues to G meeting with his security team the Tuesday after they returned from NC? I know that we know he did not go to his apt with the Dr. that might. Can anyone help me out.

eva rang him from the hospital, he didn't chat much, while he spoke he walked away from someone out of the room I.e security. I think Eva's mind had Corrine possibly there, making her miserable.

Hi KiMa,

I agree.   I think that time could be much better spent on trying to figure out why Monica and Elizabeth Vidal are such crappy mothers?  Seriously, I have to know...what is their deal anyway.  :)

well ladies. I'm seriously going the same way, because I spend all my time on this forum. I'm addicted to it. I hate the time difference. When I'm in bed you're chatting. Got to move to the States. :)

I would love to see it on the beach in North Carolina with Gideon in a white linen suit and Eva in a flowing gauze number with Victor Cary both giving her away ... Ireland as a bridesmaid and perhaps even Mark, Steven , and Shauna in attendance ...What do you all think? Let's all put down our ideas of what their wedding would be like!!!

Hi Gigi this is my wedding post...

I agree. It's like an unnecessary dragging to this. If chapter one doesn't

Put an end to N's death, I will be disappointed. Way too much room for other characters that needs exploring.

Yes!  I hope to hear more about Victor!!  I think that SD said that we would be hearing more about him!

And I want more character development on Ireland, too!!!

EDIT:  Also I want to see more of Arnoldo!!!!

Yes!  I hope to hear more about Victor!!  I think that SD said that we would be hearing more about him!

We're definitely going to learn more about Ireland -- we heard that from Sylvia herself in a new interview that hit the Internet yesterday.

The interview is on the fan site of actor Henry Cavill. He's the guy that Sylvia wants to play Gideon if (when, we all pray!!!) Lionsgate, that has bought the film rights to Crossfire, makes any TV movie or miniseries.

One of the questions she answered in the interview was about Gideon's family -- specifically about what was the problem with his brother, Christopher -- is it jealousy?

Here's her answer, which mentioned Ireland by name: "All of the Crossfire characters are complex. As the series progresses, we’ll see deeper into the layers of characters such as Christopher, Monica, Stanton, Elizabeth, Ireland … That’s one of the reasons why the series couldn’t be completed in three — or less — installments. Not only do Eva and Gideon have a lot of ground to cover, but the secondary characters have issues to be dealt with as well."

The link to the interview was posted on this site yesterday, but I'll add the link below so that no one has to dig back into the threads (which are getting pretty long as we're getting increasingly excited about the approach of Entwined. http://henrycavill.org/en/exclusive/interviews-articles/item/405-crossfire-series-writer-sylvia-day-talks-writing-and-henry-cavill

Most of the interview is about Cavill as an actor (it is his fan site, after all) and about Sylvia as a novelist. But the piece does include some specifics about the unfolding Crossfire saga. Well worth reading -- especially the very last paragraph. Guaranteed to make the fans here go "oh, that's so incredibly sweet."

In the interview she said this as well, which is comforting

"It’s easy to return to writing Gideon and Eva’s story, even after spending months crying over them, because I love them so much and I very much want them to find their happily ever after. I want them to get there sooner rather than later — they’ve already been through so much — and that’s only going to happen if I sit down and put the words on the page."

Ps- note the operative words about her wanting their HEA to be "sooner rather than later." SQUEEZE!!!!

In the interview she said this as well, which is comforting

"It’s easy to return to writing Gideon and Eva’s story, even after spending months crying over them, because I love them so much and I very much want them to find their happily ever after. I want them to get there sooner rather than later — they’ve already been through so much — and that’s only going to happen if I sit down and put the words on the page."

Ps- note the operative words about her wanting their HEA to be "sooner rather than later." SQUEEZE!!!!

Loved that part -- even she was crying over them. Is it any wonder we do :)

I honestly think that whatever happened to Nathan will be quickly explained. I always maintain that he was killed off suddenly for a reason. He isn't that significant when there are soo many interesting facts to learn about all the major characters.

Another awesome plausibility would have been to have Eva use her Krav Maga skills on Nathan..., let's see who she uses them on

I agree. The story needs to move on! Especially with getting to know more about Gideon.

Loved that part -- even she was crying over them. Is it any wonder we do :)

These characters have such a humanizing appeal :)

Ps- I read Seven Years to Sin, and I know SD said that's the inspiration for Gideon and Eva's story and while Eva and Gideon are such unbelievable unique, I have the urge to re-read Seven Years to Sin once more and see what else I can possible learn in regards to Eva and Gideon.

These characters have such a humanizing appeal :)

Ps- I read Seven Years to Sin, and I know SD said that's the inspiration for Gideon and Eva's story and while Eva and Gideon are such unbelievable unique, I have the urge to re-read Seven Years to Sin once more and see what else I can possible learn in regards to Eva and Gideon.

I haven't read Seven Years to Sin, but from what I understand, it's also about two abuse survivors, and I imagine it shows some things about what makes a man like Gideon tick. I'm glad Sylvia ran with that concept into the modern era, because we live in an era  where medical techniques people couldn't have even dreamed about centuries ago now exist. Including techniques in the field of mental health. Much more knowledge exists now about the lasting effects of serious abuse -- and about ways to help abuse survivors. 

Some people are blessed to heal almost on their own, though the positive influences life can give to counter the negative. That's been true throughout humankind, and it still is true today. However, also true is that most people carrying around deep wounds have a much better shot at healing if they get skilled help (treatment) to move forward.

Hi Sharonm745,

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)   Gideon isn’t on trial per say, we have all just been speculating and coming up with theories and then have been dissecting them into smithereens until the release of the next book on June 4th. 

Thus far some of the members in the forum have been speculating as to whether Gideon will be charged with Nathan’s murder.  Some people believe so and have been presenting their theories and arguments as to how the scenario might play out. 

Thanks.  I'm going to go back to page 6 when I'm on my lunch break and try to get caught up.  From what I've read so far there are some interesting speculations (some I like and some not so sure). It looks like there is a good group on here. 

Hi KiMa,

I may be wrong but I got the feeling that Monica was distraught because she was playing the wealthy wife role and missed the signs of her daughter's trauma.  My guess is she volunteered a lot and as a result Eva was around Nathan too much alone--well actually with the staff that never gave Monica a head's up.  I feel like Monica was working so hard to get some status back after her parents disowned her eyes were closed.   I think she loves her daughter but she doesn't know how to make amends.  

In Elizabeth's case I'm thinking Christopher Sr. had something to do with the cover-up and bought off Dr. Terry.  It sounds like Elizabeth was fighting depression after her 1st husband's suicide and wanted to rebound with Vidal.  I'm not making excuses because there is no way that I allow my child to remain in a situation that caused him/her pain.  Even if there wasn't signs of physical abuse something was off she should have blocked the doctoral student from coming to her house. 

Of course I'm probably wrong.  I never figure out what going to happen next.  I guess that is why I'm a reader and not a writer.

I hope Arnoldo forgives Eva and they can be friends!

We're definitely going to learn more about Ireland -- we heard that from Sylvia herself in a new interview that hit the Internet yesterday.

The interview is on the fan site of actor Henry Cavill. He's the guy that Sylvia wants to play Gideon if (when, we all pray!!!) Lionsgate, that has bought the film rights to Crossfire, makes any TV movie or miniseries.

One of the questions she answered in the interview was about Gideon's family -- specifically about what was the problem with his brother, Christopher -- is it jealousy?

Here's her answer, which mentioned Ireland by name: "All of the Crossfire characters are complex. As the series progresses, we’ll see deeper into the layers of characters such as Christopher, Monica, Stanton, Elizabeth, Ireland … That’s one of the reasons why the series couldn’t be completed in three — or less — installments. Not only do Eva and Gideon have a lot of ground to cover, but the secondary characters have issues to be dealt with as well."

The link to the interview was posted on this site yesterday, but I'll add the link below so that no one has to dig back into the threads (which are getting pretty long as we're getting increasingly excited about the approach of Entwined. http://henrycavill.org/en/exclusive/interviews-articles/item/405-crossfire-series-writer-sylvia-day-talks-writing-and-henry-cavill

Most of the interview is about Cavill as an actor (it is his fan site, after all) and about Sylvia as a novelist. But the piece does include some specifics about the unfolding Crossfire saga. Well worth reading -- especially the very last paragraph. Guaranteed to make the fans here go "oh, that's so incredibly sweet."

Ahh...How awesome would it  be if Henry Cavill played Gideon?! He was great on The Tudors..I'm sure he could do a good American accent since he's now playing Superman. .:) .Amber Heard would be my Eva too...I think she fits her description perfectly. Dave Franco would be good for CVJ

I like the idea of Magdelana and Arnoldo hooking up! I think she's good people...Hopefully she'll be agood friend to Eva and Gideon. They could double date! I don't think Brett and Corrine combo works though...lol...

I just don't understand either how Monica couldn't have noticed anything for  4 years!! I guess she didnt' touch laundry or see her daugther in the mornings??? Eva and Nathan couldn't have been friendly w/ each other. It's just horrible...Monica deserves the guilt she feels. I can't wait to see Victor's reaction to all of this.

Oh...I finished Seven Years to Sin...I thought it was great! Emotional read at times, could def see where Gideon and Eva came from.

One week til chapter one! :)

Hi Gigi this too...

Quick note to add Gigi: The reason I see Gideon in a white linen suit is because Eva loves his suits and I think he should wear the cerulean blue tie that matches his eyes and Eva in a flowing gauze number for Gideon's Angel what do you think??

I think that once Arnoldo sees that Gideon forgave Eva, and that Gideon is so happy with Eva -- the way Gideon started out that night of the concert, then Arnoldo will forgive her too. Arnoldo thought Eva was great right on up to the moment she did something really stupid that hurt Gideon really badly. Arnoldo saw with his own eyes Eva could complete Gideon or destroy him.

And unfortunately, right now (i.e. where Reflected left off) Arnoldo is probably still furious at Eva and saying "good riddance to bad trash." Last he saw of Eva, he was getting out of the limo and was thinking at the time Angus was driving Eva straight home. Arnoldo chewed Eva out and then watched the limo drive away.

Fast forward to the very next time Arnoldo saw Gideon -- Monday, when Gideon arrived at Arnoldo's restaurant on a "date" with Corrine. And knowing Gideon well, Arnoldo would have been able to read Gideon's body language enough to something was really eating Gideon badly. (Of course, Arnoldo wouldn't have known a thing about the truth -- Nathan had Gideon now terrified.)

P.S. I think Magdalene and Arnoldo actually could end up as a couple. They're both single. They both have a very good, very old mutual friend - Gideon.