The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait till we get to that chapter to discuss the trip to NC because I do think Gideon was very cruel to Eva at the outset and I have a hard time putting that aside...I love Gideon as much as the next girl but if Eva wasn't so broken I wonder if she would have put up with all that turmoil and got out of that dam car!!!

That was a little harsh for me to take in, too. Even after I've read it over and over again.

That was a little harsh for me to take in, too. Even after I've read it over and over again.

this was one of the reasons I read the books again, because I didn't like Gideon the first time round. I found him controlling for all the wrong reasons, his behaviour and attitude stank. But it all fell into place the second, third, fourth............. Time around. His Eva is his lifeline and safe place.

I can't wait till we get to that chapter to discuss the trip to NC because I do think Gideon was very cruel to Eva at the outset and I have a hard time putting that aside...I love Gideon as much as the next girl but if Eva wasn't so broken I wonder if she would have put up with all that turmoil and got out of that dam car!!!

I would have gotten out of the car.

this was one of the reasons I read the books again, because I didn't like Gideon the first time round. I found him controlling for all the wrong reasons, his behaviour and attitude stank. But it all fell into place the second, third, fourth............. Time around. His Eva is his lifeline and safe place.

True. You can't help falling in love with him and his insane passion LOL but he could've went about it a different way.

I would have gotten out of the car.

she tried to get up but he held her down . She was naked, apart from her doc martens. Gideon gave her the option of using the safe word, but she knew he had an agenda, and needed to see it through even though it was horrendous for her

Why would Gideon even tell Corrine she was insecure. Does he truly not realize this woman is still in love with him? Why give her that type of an emotional advantage over Eva?

I think this is a perfect example of how clueless Gideon is with regard to women and how they behave in general and his total ineptitude with regard to relationships ...His big d--- may get him on the Dean's List in the bedroom but his big mouth gets him on the Loser List a lot of the time!!LOL

he understood , as I hadn't, that the night had fallen apart because of my jealousy and the deep-seated need I had to make him feel it for himself. Phew that was one car journey! I can hear Eva now saying-what my kids would say on a car journey-are we nearly there yet!!!

Of course the generous broken Eva we love would rationalize it that way...

When the pair of them had long talks over the weekend, Gideon had come to understand his portion of the blame for the Brett incident. He recognized that he had underestimated just how intolerable the Corrine situation was to Eva. He admitted that he used to think Eva was over-reacting to Corrine, but when he himself had been hit with jealousy and insecurity over Brett, Gideon "got" that the Corrine situation was tearing Eva apart.

So on one level, the post-concert kiss/fight turned out to be a good thing for their relationship. Yes, on some levels, Eva had been over-reacting to Corrine -- but -- Gideon finally realized he'd been under-reacting to the same situation.

Which is why I want to scream in his face "You idiot!!!!" for turning around and using Corrine as a cover story. What, did he think that Eva was going to settle down, now that they'd fought about the whole issue Friday and over the weekend? Duh!!!! Um, no. He took Corrine out, and she immediately got even by taking Brett out. Then Gideon painted himself into a corner where he couldn't even talk to Eva while Brett's out there on the road talking about having reconnected with Eva and wanting another shot at a relationship.

If Gideon absolutely had to use another woman as a cover to make it look like he'd left Eva for the other woman, why didn't he pick Magdalene? Magdalene probably would not have had "exaggerated expectations" -- and Gideon had been socially dating Magdalene long enough in the past that she could have been sufficient cover.

Great point!! Magdalene would have been a lot better cover!   Stupid move, Gideon!

Unless, something else is going on here?

I think this is a perfect example of how clueless Gideon is with regard to women and how they behave in general and his total ineptitude with regard to relationships ...His big d--- may get him on the Dean's List in the bedroom but his big mouth gets him on the Loser List a lot of the time!!LOL

I sadly have to agree sscrph. I think I might have yelled at him via my kindle when Eva mentioned that to Corrine in RIY. LOL.

Why would Gideon even tell Corrine she was insecure. Does he truly not realize this woman is still in love with him? Why give her that type of an emotional advantage over Eva?

I thought the same thing. I think he can be clueless sometimes. I guess he really wanted to believe that she wanted he to be happy.

I saw this quote and thought of a certain person.

Only trust someone who can see these 3 things in you

The Sorrow behind your smile

The Love behind your anger

And the Reason behind your silence

I saw this quote and thought of a certain person.

Only trust someone who can see these 3 things in you

The Sorrow behind your smile

The Love behind your anger

And the Reason behind your silence

I love that quote!

Mr. Sometimes Clueless Cross. Carefully re-read that first conversation Corrine had with Eva, out of Gideon's earshot, on pages 312 to 314 of Bared. This was immediately after Gideon had taken Corrine aside and tried to convince her to keep quiet about their (his and Corrine's) history for now, given Eva's insecurities. Already, Corrine was using the weapons Gideon just handed to her.

In order, this is what Corrine fed to Eva, acting oh so sweet as she did, the two-faced little ......

Said she and Gideon had been friends for a long time

Suggests Gideon had always stayed in contact with her over the years

Admitted she was still in love with him

Throws down the gauntlet - she wants him back

Told Eva she (Corrine) was grateful to her for getting Gideon to open up

Lands first punch by making Eva fear that maybe her own purpose had been to prepare Gideon for Corrine

Gave her reason for leaving Gideon being afraid at the time he was possessive -- yet she later realized his being possessive had been a good thing

Suggests Gideon is possessive of her still -which is exactly why Gideon had latched right onto Corrine the instant he saw her there, and walked around for some time with Corrine on his arm

Explained that when she found out how serious Gideon was about Eva, she (Corrine) at first was afraid to see them together as a couple

Suggests that something changed so that now Corrine has no reason to fear Eva as a real rival anymore

Oh so casually threw in a mention that when she reached out to him for help to come back to New York, she called him in the middle of some charity event

Corrine knew d*** well she interrupted Gideon on a date with Eva. Corrine scored a knockdown punch here - Gideon had ditched her (Eva) that night to drop everything for Corrine's needs

"He told me he'd met someone. That he wanted you and me to meet when I got into town."

Implication - he never told Corrine he was in love with Eva. Implied that he wasn't even going to tell Eva about Corrine until Corrine got back to town. Made it clear Gideon wants Corrine a part of his social life again. 

Mr. Sometimes Clueless Cross. Carefully re-read that first conversation Corrine had with Eva, out of Gideon's earshot, on pages 312 to 314 of Bared. This was immediately after Gideon had taken Corrine aside and tried to convince her to keep quiet about their (his and Corrine's) history for now, given Eva's insecurities. Already, Corrine was using the weapons Gideon just handed to her.

In order, this is what Corrine fed to Eva, acting oh so sweet as she did, the two-faced little ......

Lands first punch by making Eva fear that maybe her own purpose had been to prepare Gideon for Corrine

Gave her reason for leaving Gideon being afraid at the time he was possessive -- yet she later realized his being possessive had been a good thing

Suggests Gideon is possessive of her still -which is exactly why Gideon had latched right onto Corrine the instant he saw her there, and walked around for some time with Corrine on his arm

Explained that when she found out how serious Gideon was about Eva, she (Corrine) at first was afraid to see them together as a couple

Suggests that something changed so that now Corrine has no reason to fear Eva as a real rival anymore

Oh so casually threw in a mention that when she reached out to him for help to come back to New York, she called him in the middle of some charity event

Corrine knew d*** well she interrupted Gideon on a date with Eva. Corrine scored a knockdown punch here - Gideon had ditched her (Eva) that night to drop everything for Corrine's needs

"He told me he'd met someone. That he wanted you and me to meet when I got into town."

Implication - he never told Corrine he was in love with Eva. Implied that he wasn't even going to tell Eva about Corrine until Corrine got back to town. Made it clear Gideon wants Corrine a part of his social life again. 

what a cowbag! Every time I read that passage, I want to punch that lady's -she ain't no lady-lights out. I think I would have marched right out of there myself, if I had been Eva.

I kinda want to b*****slap Corrine. She was very manipulative of Eva that first night! It goes to show that she doesn't really care about what Gideon really wants. She only cares about herself!

When the pair of them had long talks over the weekend, Gideon had come to understand his portion of the blame for the Brett incident. He recognized that he had underestimated just how intolerable the Corrine situation was to Eva. He admitted that he used to think Eva was over-reacting to Corrine, but when he himself had been hit with jealousy and insecurity over Brett, Gideon "got" that the Corrine situation was tearing Eva apart.

So on one level, the post-concert kiss/fight turned out to be a good thing for their relationship. Yes, on some levels, Eva had been over-reacting to Corrine -- but -- Gideon finally realized he'd been under-reacting to the same situation.

Which is why I want to scream in his face "You idiot!!!!" for turning around and using Corrine as a cover story. What, did he think that Eva was going to settle down, now that they'd fought about the whole issue Friday and over the weekend? Duh!!!! Um, no. He took Corrine out, and she immediately got even by taking Brett out. Then Gideon painted himself into a corner where he couldn't even talk to Eva while Brett's out there on the road talking about having reconnected with Eva and wanting another shot at a relationship.

If Gideon absolutely had to use another woman as a cover to make it look like he'd left Eva for the other woman, why didn't he pick Magdalene? Magdalene probably would not have had "exaggerated expectations" -- and Gideon had been socially dating Magdalene long enough in the past that she could have been sufficient cover.

Using Corinne as the "cover" girl is just too juicy of a story for the tabloids to run with. Former fiancée etc this is just what Gideon is counting on them to do a story about Magdalene wouldn't sell newspapers!!

I wonder what Sylvia thinks about our reactions to Corrine as a character. Certainly amused. Maybe shaking her head.

• Are we all over-reacting, like Eva often did, because Corrine never ever was a rival and we need to quit getting so worked up?
  • Or have those of us posters who have been cutting poor Corrine some slack as a sad character been under-reacting like Gideon -- and will see the "real" Corrine unmasked in Entwined?

Is it June 4 yet?

Is it even May 4 yet?

Sigh .... we're getting there. At least it's not November 4.

what a cowbag! Every time I read that passage, I want to punch that lady's -she ain't no lady-lights out. I think I would have marched right out of there myself, if I had been Eva.

lol after reading this, it only makes me despise Corrine more. I'm so glad Eva confronted her at the end of RIY. I hope she has another confrontation with Corrine in EWY lol 

I don't think Corrine is going to be as much as a problem as we think. The only power she had over Gideon was the fact that he felt bad about how he wasn't honest with her. However if she was honest with herself she would have known all along that he was not "in love" with her. She set her self up this time knowing that he is involved and in love with someone else. She is trying to manipulate him by using their past together. I don't think she realizes just how important and irreplaceable Eva is to him. I think once he makes that clear she will vanish. She needs to keep her pride in check. And i don't think she is a horrible person, she just fell for the wrong guy. We have all been there. But it is time for her to get over it and move on!

it must've ate at her that he chased after Eva that night. something he never did with her. had she not be downright cruel to Eva, I probably wouldn't despise her as much. I'm sure once Gideon and Eva have their talk, that guilt he had for not being in love with her (Corrine) will vanish immediately. It doesn't seem like she tried to get to know the real Gideon inside and not the rich and sexy Gideon who would make her a trophy wife. It doesn't seem like she cared too much about him because if she had, she would've picked up on his anguish over losing Eva. She can't even be happy for him like Magdalene is. She's a selfish person who thinks about nothing but herself. okay I'm done venting about corrine lol 

I wonder what Sylvia thinks about our reactions to Corrine as a character. Certainly amused. Maybe shaking her head.

• Are we all over-reacting, like Eva often did, because Corrine never ever was a rival and we need to quit getting so worked up?
  • Or have those of us posters who have been cutting poor Corrine some slack as a sad character been under-reacting like Gideon -- and will see the "real" Corrine unmasked in Entwined?

Is it June 4 yet?

Is it even May 4 yet?

I say let the unmasking begin!!! LOL

Sigh .... we're getting there. At least it's not November 4.