The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I hope any discussion with/about Corrine will include Gideon's explaining his new 'RING' to her.  I'm sure she noticed it knowing he doesn't wear any other jewelry.  

Also, I'm sure any police questioning confused her and wonder what she asked of Gideon after it was over.

So many questions to be answered, beginning to feel like Eva, LOL.  So guess will we start getting answers / insights on Tue with Chapter 1 and then just 4 weeks / 28 days until the whole book is released.   I hope Barnes & Nobles and Amazon's networks are ready to be overloaded on the 4th.   :)   

Hi Fsumom, 

You bring up such a good point!  I never stopped to consider that Corinne might be looking at Gideon's hands.  Thus far no mention had been made of Gideon wearing jewellery prior to dating Eva, so it must have been a shock for Corinne to have seen the ring, that Eva bought for Gideon, on his finger.  That must have been a real punch to her gut.  I don't think that Corinne would have been able to explain something like that  away to herself.

Here is my question; after Gideon started this charrade with Eva (and the false break-up and false dating of Corinne), did Gideon take off the ring that Eva gave him, or did he keep it on the entire time?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would explain the comment that Angus made about Gideon knowing when to stop. Angus was so in tuned to Gideon after all of these year's so he would more than recognize any look that Gideon would have made.

Hi Rcmcap, 

I am sorry I don't understand.  Could you please explain further?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. :) 

You brought tears to my eyes with, "I wander through fiction to find the truth".. its so true, things have happened to me in my life that I was never able to talk about..when I read this book back in august I new there was something about it that I couldn't place why I was so drawn to it .. for me this book has allowed me to talk about the dark in my life with my husband of 22 years and gave me a sense of freedom I never had.. I know that may sound weird but every once in a while there is that book that touches u and this was it for me this is why in a way I can't wait for this series to be over to see how it ends not that it would effect my outcome, I have the best husband but to see that there can be a happy ending even with darkness in your life I have found mine and I want all the Eva's in the world to find there's!!

Hi Jeanmarie,

Well said lady.  I am glad you found your happily ever after. :)

I think Graves did interview Corrine and had to find out that Gideon wasn't with her for that amount of time because he was checking on guests and going in and out of the hotel as well as losing all sight of him for a half hour to an hour. She would be all too willing to gush to them that she's dating Gideon again and probably would balk at the idea of why the cops would be interested in Gideon. who knows she might even lie and cover for him by saying she was with him the entire time. I hope we hear that Graves went to Corrine and what was said in that conversation.     

Hi Caroline,

I wonder if Detective Graves did interview Corinne whether it would have worked in Gideon’s favour.  It is obvious that Corinne still carries a torch for Gideon and that Gideon apparently dumped Eva for Corinne.  I could only see that Corinne’s absolute belief that she and Gideon were once again dating being in Gideon’s favour.

Why would Gideon kill for a woman whom he only dated for a few weeks?   Why would Gideon also kill for this woman when she cheated on him (as was witnessed by everyone in the parking lot including Gideon and his entourage)?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

one thing that sticks in my mind, is when Gideon tells Eva , that Corrine was surprised that Eva didn't look like her(Corrine), as all his other "partners" did. Did that send alarm bells ringing to Corrine, that he had totally gone off track, and she felt threatened?

Hi Julie, 

Could it be that Corinne used that bit of information to try and use that against Eva?  If Corinne is as evil as some people think that she is, then could she be deluding herself into thinking that Eva is nothing more than a blond fling?  After all Gideon has always had "serious" relationships with women like Corinne, women who look like Gideon's mother?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think Monica is praying Victor won't find out the truth because he will blame her for not being around Eva because she was too materialistic and will be mad that she kept it from him. I read FSOG and wow his mom was the queen of s**** mothers but I won't put her in that same category. Elizabeth yes for not believing Gideon but I'm going to give Monica the benefit of the doubt for now until I read EWY and see if she changes from being two dimensional. Yes Monica is materialistic & self absorbed but her guilt is punishing her now and I kind of feel bad for her.

Hi Caroline,

I could buy the argument that Monica is materialistic and there is nothing wrong with that so long as you don’t hurt another human being while you are busy acquiring your wealth.  What I find so off-putting is the fact that Monica didn’t tell Eva about Nathan’s return to New York.  Why on earth would Monica keep that a secret?!  Why didn’t she tell Eva about the blackmail and the videotapes and photos?  Did Monica really think that she alone (or with Stanton’s help) could protect Eva without her knowledge?  I find that almost impossible to believe.  Even after Nathan’s death she said nothing to Eva.  It was only after Eva prompted her mother that Monica leaked scant details about Nathan. 

Again, only after several more days and Eva’s direct questions did Monica spill the beans about Nathan.  My question is why?  How does that make Monica a good mother (I am not saying that you said Monica is a good mother)?  I have to say that I am having a hard time finding redeeming qualities about this woman. 

The past is the past, you are right, but Monica keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again.  I find that hard to swallow as well.  I hope Sylvia addresses this in the next book.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

what a cowbag! Every time I read that passage, I want to punch that lady's -she ain't no lady-lights out. I think I would have marched right out of there myself, if I had been Eva.

Hi Julie & Ladies,

I am sitting here roaring with laughter!  Just remember that "All is fair in love and war".  Something tells me that poor Corinne has started a war with many of you!   I hope she wears false wigs and sunglasses so that you ladies won't be able to recognize her walking down the street. :)

Just remember that before you all run her out of town, that she hasn't run over any of Gideon or Eva's family pets. She may just be a super catty woman.  I think Eva can handle her.   :)

Hi Jenny,

I really hope that Corinne isn’t as depraved as everyone seems to be making her out to be.  I really hope that she realizes (with Gideon’s honesty and help and apologies) that she and Gideon aren’t meant to be. 

I just can’t seem to get past the part that Gideon played in helping make Corinne the way she is.  I am not as quick to forgive or overlook the role that Gideon played in this entire scenario.  I think that what Corinne did was nasty but it doesn’t rise to the level Armageddon 5 full scale war.  Would Eva really want that?  She is growing and changing and as such she is changing her tactics with Corinne.  I hope that Gideon follows suits and that Corinne grows up and leaves the relationship with some dignity.  I really wouldn’t want her to be destroyed. 

I guess I will have to wait and see what Corinne is really like on June 4th.   I hope that Sylvia doesn’t take the easy way out and make this woman an absolute villain.  It is like Sylvia said; many of these characters are flawed.  As the reader I can see that some of them are trying to better themselves and improve their lives and relationships.  I just hope that Corinne is one of those characters.   

Hi Jenny,

I really hope that Corinne isn’t as depraved as everyone seems to be making her out to be.  I really hope that she realizes (with Gideon’s honesty and help and apologies) that she and Gideon aren’t meant to be. 

I just can’t seem to get past the part that Gideon played in helping make Corinne the way she is.  I am not as quick to forgive or overlook the role that Gideon played in this entire scenario.  I think that what Corinne did was nasty but it doesn’t rise to the level Armageddon 5 full scale war.  Would Eva really want that?  She is growing and changing and as such she is changing her tactics with Corinne.  I hope that Gideon follows suits and that Corinne grows up and leaves the relationship with some dignity.  I really wouldn’t want her to be destroyed. 

I guess I will have to wait and see what Corinne is really like on June 4th.   I hope that Sylvia doesn’t take the easy way out and make this woman an absolute villain.  It is like Sylvia said; many of these characters are flawed.  As the reader I can see that some of them are trying to better themselves and improve their lives and relationships.  I just hope that Corinne is one of those characters.   

Hi Kirsten,
Again we are left with the fact that every decision that Monica made was for her own benefit and not Eva’s.  It makes me wonder why Monica had no faith or trust in Victor.  Wouldn’t she have wanted a man who was in law enforcement and had an incredible number of connections involved so that she could ensure the safety and well being of her child?  I don’t know, something seems odd.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I'm still trying to get caught up on this site (pg 39).  I explained to my boss that I wouldn't miss any deadlines but I'm hooked and need to read through these posts.  (Bribed her with a copy of Bared to You.  I think she is hooked now too)

Anyway GiGi

I didn't mean to imply that I think Monica or Elizabeth are good mothers.  I think they both have baggage and, as so often happens, bad parents learn their parenting skills from there own bad parents. I do, however, think Elizabeth is the worse.  She must have heard Gideon's screams when he had nightmares. 

I know a couple people from very wealthy (old money) families.  They surprise the ###### out of me when I see how much they allow "the help" to take over where children are concerned.  I do not mean to say that this is the norm.  I obviously only know these folks from work and the conversations we have at lunch. 

Hi Sharonm745,

I didn’t think that you implied anything. :)  I find that Monica tends to be a hot button topic for me these days.  I sit and read the passages as they played out in the book and I still shake my head.  I think that I have remained consistent in given all people the benefit of the doubt, even the despicable ones. 

Monica confounds me.  She keeps getting chance after chance after chance and she still keeps screwing up….sigh!! Seriously?!  I don’t know.  That woman better start talking before I call one of my very hairy European Aunts to put a curse on that woman (just kidding…almost…but not quite).   Sigh! :)

I want to see what makes that woman tick, and I am telling you I had better start hearing some serious sob story to account for her actions.  My patience is running thin with that woman. :)

You are correct in that some very wealthy families leave the rearing of their children to the “domestic help†which I find interesting to say the least.  It is almost as if the women have done their job and sired an offspring for their husbands, but the responsibility seems to end there (no I am not saying that all wealthy families are like that but some are).  I had lived and worked in Europe for a while and had been in a circle of “uber wealthy†families as well.  I often found myself surprised at how little actual hands on these women were with their children; doctors visits, dental visits, homework, afterschool activities, bathing, dinner times were all attended to by one of the household staff (a majority of the time).  Often times, many of these ladies and gentlemen were off at social functions or charity events or even at work.  I don’t know…

I hope any discussion with/about Corrine will include Gideon's explaining his new 'RING' to her.  I'm sure she noticed it knowing he doesn't wear any other jewelry.  

Also, I'm sure any police questioning confused her and wonder what she asked of Gideon after it was over.

So many questions to be answered, beginning to feel like Eva, LOL.  So guess will we start getting answers / insights on Tue with Chapter 1 and then just 4 weeks / 28 days until the whole book is released.   I hope Barnes & Nobles and Amazon's networks are ready to be overloaded on the 4th.   :)   

Great point about the ring--I had not thought of that before!

I think that the police have already questioned Corinne----because she was with Gideon on the night of Nathan's murder...

Great point about the ring--I had not thought of that before!

I think that the police have already questioned Corinne----because she was with Gideon on the night of Nathan's murder...

And for Gideon's sake, I hope Corrine has told the cops she and Gideon are a couple again (of course, neglecting to mention things haven't yet moved beyond the early platonic stage.)

It's very important for Gideon to have Corrine as a possible defense cover story the pair of them got back together again four days before Nathan died -- especially now because the lead detective tricked Eva into confirming the truth.

The detective knows the truth Eva and Gideon broke up after Nathan's body was found, Eva ended the relationship, and that judging from the look on Gideon's face when he got dumped, he was still very much in love with Eva (and thus he had the motive to kill to protect her.)

Friday!!! Twice-weekly snapshot will come this morning (likely around 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.)

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 14. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-13:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

12. An elevator lobby

13. Pieces of women's clothing scattered at the foot of a bed.

Note: Up until now, new snapshots have come on Tuesdays and Fridays. But the first one next week (#15) will hit the Internet this coming Monday instead of Tuesday .... because instead of a snapshot next Tuesday, we're getting the final pre-book-release glimpse of some text of Entwined. It will be the ultimate "snippet." (Drum roll please ....) the entire first chapter of Entwined!!! 

Hi Caroline,

I could buy the argument that Monica is materialistic and there is nothing wrong with that so long as you don’t hurt another human being while you are busy acquiring your wealth.  What I find so off-putting is the fact that Monica didn’t tell Eva about Nathan’s return to New York.  Why on earth would Monica keep that a secret?!  Why didn’t she tell Eva about the blackmail and the videotapes and photos?  Did Monica really think that she alone (or with Stanton’s help) could protect Eva without her knowledge?  I find that almost impossible to believe.  Even after Nathan’s death she said nothing to Eva.  It was only after Eva prompted her mother that Monica leaked scant details about Nathan. 

Again, only after several more days and Eva’s direct questions did Monica spill the beans about Nathan.  My question is why?  How does that make Monica a good mother (I am not saying that you said Monica is a good mother)?  I have to say that I am having a hard time finding redeeming qualities about this woman. 

The past is the past, you are right, but Monica keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again.  I find that hard to swallow as well.  I hope Sylvia addresses this in the next book.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Gigi,

god no! I don't think Monica is a good mother either. sorry if it came across as that. yes she loves eva no doubt and wants only the best for her but I was so annoyed with her that she kept the fact hidden that she saw nathan let alone that he approached stanton & gideon with the photos and videotape as blackmail. I know everyone had Eva's best interests at heart to protect her from evil nathan but not telling hurt her even more because of the secrets everyone kept from her. it's just as bad as Monica and Eva not telling Victor. Keeping secrets from someone will not stay hidden from long because the person will find out eventually. She is a big girl and she needed to know this important information.  I think Eva should've been told that he was in town. I also didn't like how she was with Eva on Saturday morning. You're absolutely right, she keeps making the same mistakes over and over and she's not learning from them obviously. Stanton keeps enabling her behavior and she needs to go back and see Dr. Petersen because her behavior will never change.  I hope we get to learn more about Monica and hopefully see her change from a two dimensional person.

Friday!!! Twice-weekly snapshot will come this morning (likely around 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.)

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 14. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-13:

1. The word "Press" over a fuzzy shot of a newspaper page, and a fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

11. An Aston Martin sports car

12. An elevator lobby

13. Pieces of women's clothing scattered at the foot of a bed.

Note: Up until now, new snapshots have come on Tuesdays and Fridays. But the first one next week (#15) will hit the Internet this coming Monday instead of Tuesday .... because instead of a snapshot next Tuesday, we're getting the final pre-book-release glimpse of some text of Entwined. It will be the ultimate "snippet." (Drum roll please ....) the entire first chapter of Entwined!!! 

Whoo-hoo!    #cannotwait

Eva told her at the RIY that Gideon was in lover with her and Corinne said will he's spending his time with me.   Get a clue Corinne.  Do you want to be with someone who's not in love with you.   Eva even said he's hurting just be a friend.   Maybe will see in EWY that she starts being a friend.

I just want her gone!LOL

Hi Julie,

Fabulous!!

Easter is coming.  So all my forum sisters are invited!  I have a nice big house with lots of bedrooms for all.  Be sure to bring your sleeping bags though ladies!  I also have a nice backyard so whom ever doesn't fit in the house can pitch a tent in the backyard. 

Also, remember to bring sweatpants or stretchy pants.  You ladies are going to eat like there is no tomorrow European style!! :)

P.S.  I should warn you that I have four dogs who think that they are human and they will absolutely kill you with kisses and licks! Oh and they also expect belly rubs and ear rubs too!  So be warned.    :)

That sounds Awesome:) My husband thinks I'm crazy for the amount of time i spend talking about these books. He just doesn't understand:)

GiGi, I was responding to LN's post #1471. I guess her quote didn't copy to my comment. If there was some sort of non verbal sign between Angus and Gideon to get Eva away from the fight.

Hi Rcmcap, 

I am sorry I don't understand.  Could you please explain further?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. :)

one thing that sticks in my mind, is when Gideon tells Eva , that Corrine was surprised that Eva didn't look like her(Corrine), as all his other "partners" did. Did that send alarm bells ringing to Corrine, that he had totally gone off track, and she felt threatened?

The way Corrine twisted that downplayed the obvious fact Corrine would have been following Gideon and Eva as a couple online. It almost makes it seem like Corrine was surprised that night to see what Eva looked like -- when we all know d*** well Corrine certainly saw numerous pictures of Eva online since Eva became celebrity Gideon Cross' girlfriend. 

And ..... Corrine's little manipulative remark in passing about how she'd called up Gideon for help one night, and interrupted the "poor guy" at some event where he was there to give a speech? There were red carpet shots of Gideon with Eva as his date. Between the fact those shots were the earliest pictures of Gideon and Eva as a couple -- along with timeline info Corrine would have gathered during her frequent phone conversations with Gideon -- would prove it was Gideon's first date with Eva. One Corrine succeeded in ending early.

That was Corrine's knockdown punch when she immediately made use of the weapons Gideon unknowingly handed to Corrine just moments before - Eva is very insecure and jealous -- and had been 100% in the dark about Corrine's relationship with Gideon, including their recently re-established "friendship." Corrine had gotten Gideon to drop everything for her (Corrine) in the middle of his first date with Eva.

AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I think Monica is praying Victor won't find out the truth because he will blame her for not being around Eva because she was too materialistic and will be mad that she kept it from him. I read FSOG and wow his mom was the queen of s**** mothers but I won't put her in that same category. Elizabeth yes for not believing Gideon but I'm going to give Monica the benefit of the doubt for now until I read EWY and see if she changes from being two dimensional. Yes Monica is materialistic & self absorbed but her guilt is punishing her now and I kind of feel bad for her.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt too.  Eva loves her mom a lot and doesn't blame her.  I figure with all her therapy she must have talked through some of this.  My biggest complaint is that she didn't share with Victor.  I'm anxious to see how the family dynamic works out.

Mrs. C for the win again -- always the first fan in line here to snag the snippet! You rock!!!

That's not a regular cop badge either, because regular badges are silver. It's gold "shield", which means it's a detective.

Ah hah!!!!!!

OK, repeating my you-read-it-here-first big theory, which I believe will make the murder case go buh-bye forever: Detective Graves seriously effed up the case for good. She questioned Eva without Eva's lawyer present after Eva explicitly invoked that right. Graves' mistake poisons key evidence Gideon had the motive to kill Nathan. Permanently poisons the evidence.

The answer Graves tricked out of Eva -- who dumped who and when -- cannot ever be admitted as evidence now. And even if Graves gets more dirt now, by catching Gideon and Eva together, that newer evidence also is poison. There's even a legal phrase used by defense lawyers (and judges ruling on defense motions to toss illegally-gained evidence.) It's known as "fruit of the poisoned tree." If illegal evidence is the root, then everything else springing from that root also is inadmissible.

So, Chapter 14 -- murder case is OH-VER and our lovers can at last be safe to come out from hiding.