The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

See page 330 of Bared to You (which happens to be in Chapter 22 - the read-a-chapter-a-day one we're on right now). In it, Gideon explained some important stuff to Eva about justifying his present-day friendship with Corrine.

Gideon felt guilty about being the cause of Corrine's marriage falling apart. He knew Corrine's husband in the past, and he liked the guy a lot. And Gideon figured out the reason the Grioux's marriage fell to pieces was her husband finally figured out Corrine wasn't in love with him, because all along she'd remained in love with Gideon.

This is the guilt that Corrine had been playing to in order to get Gideon to be an "old friend" as she (Corrine) has been going through a rough time. When Eva told him he needed to start cutting off contact with Corrine, he refused to do so, because he thought it would be cruel, given that Corrine's in crisis.

Has Gideon been in contact with Corrine's estranged husband, trying to help reconcile the pair? At least assuring Giroux that contrary to what the media is screaming about -- Gideon and Corrine Back Together Again!!!! -- fact of the matter is Gideon does not love Corrine and has no intention whatsoever of marrying her.

You make a good point. maybe being that they are friends, Gideon felt compelled to call Giroux and set the record straight that he and Corinne were just friends and had no future together despite what the tabloids are reporting...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So maybe Gideon was at least mindful enough that resuming dating Corrine again would damage more than just his own relationship with Eva -- it would further damage Corrine's on-the-rocks marriage. If Corrine's husband really thought Gideon took Corrine back, he'd likely abandon any idea of trying to salvage the marriage and instead would definitely divorce her.

One other possibility -- Gideon dumped Corrine early in Entwined, then called Corrine's estranged husband to assure him that as far as he (Gideon) is concerned, he's done with Corrine period. He's "finished" business with her forever. In fact, he plans to have no more contact, period, with her. Gideon could spin it in a positive way to the husband by explaining he (Gideon) is forever out of the picture, so the way is clear for the husband to try to save his own marriage.

Do you think its a coincidence that today's snapshot coincides with the last chapter of BTY. Us being told about Corinnes hubby?

Do you think its a coincidence that today's snapshot coincides with the last chapter of BTY. Us being told about Corinnes hubby?

I do think it's co-incidence, just the way the timing fell.

Sylvia set up the snapshot schedule to give us 11 weeks of clues leading up to Entwined's release (22 chapters total - two snapshots per week equals 11 weeks)

Meanwhile, the idea to re-read one chapter per day gave us 44 days total (22 chapters per book) to even further amp up our excitement -- as if we needed any encouragement! ;) -- and so that we would have fresh in our minds all the past story threads as we learned where some of those led even further in Entwined.

I think Gideon contacted Giroux.  Eva suggested that Gideon wean Corinne off him so he is turning to her husband.  One thing I thought Corinne was already divorced.  I have to go back and read that section when I have a break.

I think they are in the process of getting divorced it is not final yet .Magdalene states to Eva at the fund-raiser that the marriage fell apart and they're now getting divorced...

I think the night Corrine called Gideon in a great deal of pain, having already booked a flight to New York and was calling ahead to make sure he'd be there to help with she arrived, was probably the crisis point where she'd moved out on her husband. 

She called Gideon on his cell phone, and she happened to catch him at the advocacy center fundraiser. Once he ditched Eva and left the event, he had time to call Corrine back in order to be able to really talk to her. It was then that Corrine found out Gideon had met someone new (i.e. Eva).

Corrine ended up cancelling her flight, too chicken to have to see with her own eyes Gideon with a new girlfriend.

I think what happened though was that in the days that followed, on the Internet she would have seen all those pictures of Gideon with his new girlfriend - him kissing her on the sidewalk, the two of them arguing and passionately making up in Bryant Park -- and of course, shots of him and Eva on the red carpet going into the fundraiser.

Those pictures probably made Corrine desperate -- which is why the following week, she did leave France for New York and pull the first of her stunts by figuratively crashing a high society event Gideon and Eva were certain to be attending, hoping to catch the both of them off-guard.

I agree with you Julie!

Victor and Eva . And he's found out about Nathan and what he did to his baby girl.

The frosted glass shows how this has blurred him professionally and how it's blurred their relationship.

But like Gideon's office glass goes clear then victors relationship with Eva will become stronger and clear like glass!!

Now I could just be talking nonsense and reading toooo much into it !

If Victor finds out will he really confront Eva about it. Imagine what that will do to her to know her dad knows. I think it would be stealing her innocence all over again. I think that Eva would rather not have her father look at her knowing that she was brutally raped. 

I don't think Gideon contacted Giroux. But maybe Giroux contacted Gideon and asked point blank if he(Gideon) and Corinne were back together. Gideon saw this as oppurtunity to get rid of Corinne and told Giroux the truth that he(Gideon) wasn't with Corinne and had no plans of getting back with her because he doesn't love her. Probably Gideon told Giroux that if he came to NYC it would show Corinne that Giroux isn't "indifferent" towards her like she thinks. So hopefully Corinne gets back with Giroux and moves back to France so Eva and Gideon don't have to worry about her unrequited love any longer.

I don't think Gideon contacted Giroux. But maybe Giroux contacted Gideon and asked point blank if he(Gideon) and Corinne were back together. Gideon saw this as oppurtunity to get rid of Corinne and told Giroux the truth that he(Gideon) wasn't with Corinne and had no plans of getting back with her because he doesn't love her. Probably Gideon told Giroux that if he came to NYC it would show Corinne that Giroux isn't "indifferent" towards her like she thinks. So hopefully Corinne gets back with Giroux and moves back to France so Eva and Gideon don't have to worry about her unrequited love any longer.

If Victor finds out will he really confront Eva about it. Imagine what that will do to her to know her dad knows. I think it would be stealing her innocence all over again. I think that Eva would rather not have her father look at her knowing that she was brutally raped.

I agree, to some extent. This is a tough one. Its almost like a grieving process. anger, devastation, healing. Eva would be mortified that her dad knows, as she is still his little girl. He will be equally devastated that he was not around to protect her. There will be fury for Monica, for keeping it from him. Gratitude to Gideon.

You maybe right. 

Here's a link to an Internet site where all of you ladies around the world can figure out what U.S. Eastern Standard Time translates into your local time. 

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

On the first row, use the drop-down box to put in U.S.A - New York, New York (which is in the Eastern time zone)

On the second row, use the drop-down box to find the name of your country and name of a major city there that you know is in your time zone.

BE SURE TO PUT THE TIME (19/ 7 P.M.) in the time box too. Otherwise, the site simply will calculate what the time is right now, not what it will be later tonight.

The site will then convert New York time to your own time.

P.S. Bookworm, I used this to figure out 7 p.m. New York time is 1 a.m. in Johannesburg

Here's a link to an Internet site where all of you ladies around the world can figure out what U.S. Eastern Standard Time translates into your local time.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

On the first row, use the drop-down box to put in U.S.A - New York, New York (which is in the Eastern time zone)

On the second row, use the drop-down box to find the name of your country and name of a major city there that you know is in your time zone.

BE SURE TO PUT THE TIME (19/ 7 P.M.) in the time box too. Otherwise, the site simply will calculate what the time is right now, not what it will be later tonight.

The site will then convert New York time to your own time.

P.S. Bookworm, I used this to figure out 7 p.m. New York time is 1 a.m. in Johannesburg

Thank you LN, you are a star. Will set my alarm :-)) or rather I won't sleep

Would Corrine have a French passport or a United States passport?  Did Corrine change her citizenship to France?  If we can figure out what passport she has, then maybe we can figure out who is traveling.  Her husband's would surely be a French passport.

That's a man's hand holding the French passport, and we know Corrine's husband's nationality is French (it was among the things Magdalene told Eva when she was telling Eva all about how Corrine broke off the engagement to Gideon, married a rich Frenchman, and moved to Europe.)

As for Corrine's current legal nationality, who knows? She could have kept her original U.S. citizenship (in which case, her passport would continue to be a U.S. one.) Or she could have gone through the process of becoming a French citizen, something she'd be eligible to do as the spouse of a French citizen.

If I had to make a guess though, I'd bet Corrine kept her U.S. citizenship as part of continuing to hold her torch for Gideon. It'd be a lot easier to run back to New York if she remained a U.S. citizen. On the other hand, renouncing her U.S. citizenship would be yet another gesture of renouncing hopes she and Gideon would be together some day.

How's this for a theory ..... her husband finally figured out Corrine wasn't in love with him, not the way she should have been, because all along she continued to hold a torch for Gideon. There had to have been various signs that made him figure this out. What if one of those signs was her insistence on keeping her U.S. citizenship? That he took that as a sign in her heart, she had no intention of making a permanent home in Europe? All along, she had a "plan B" of moving back to New York?