The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

*okay, I think I have to make three postings*

Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo Chart

SNAPSHOTS                                                  SNIPPET                                                                  CHAPTER                     COUNTDOWN

#1 A pen                    A special teaser for New Years aka not an "official" snippet   I (May 7th) COMPLETE--Conflict                    2                  

(start: March 19th)                                                                                                                                                              (finale: June 3rd)

#2 Unwrapped Christmas present         2, 3, 9, "trade" (mentioned in Oscar Night snippet)      II (May 7th) SNEAK PEEK-Resolution  

#9 A woman at a club                                        6 and 7                                                                       IX Conflict

*lemme hit post to see how the layout goes*

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNAPSHOT                          SNIPPET                                                                    CHAPTER                           COUNTDOWN

#16 Bleachers             10 (setting: Times Square and Cary did say "bleachers")    XVI--Resolution         17 love that hurts another person

[my guess: Brett gives up]

#17 A man's holding     [my guess: 1 when Gideon said "I settled for less" and       XVII--Conflict              18 choices that haunt

a French passport        the note: "from a conversation about past relationships"]                                       [my guess: Corinne]

#18 Private plane on                                                                                            XVIII--Resolution      19 strong passion that can no longer   

the ground with its door                                                                                                                         hidden [my guess: Giroux's arrival/

open and on position set of stairs                                                                                                         Corinne's departure either way resulted

in GidEva having a strong passionate

moment]

#21                                                                                                                           XXI--Conflict        22 secrets that can either protect                                                                                                                                                              or harm

#22 (end: May 30th)*          [my guess: 5 at Eva's apartment, after dinner,             XXII--Resolution    23 a song that changes the way

dancing, song--Eva's feelings towards Gideon]                                         you feel

Please keep in mind that it's just my theory. There's always room for error *grin*

Sylvia, I really treasure the brain gym *wink*

[Edit: 20/05/13]

* Friday, May 31st

Just a recap of sentences.

Day23. Can a song change a way you feel. Song

Day22. Can secrets protect or harm. Secrets

Day21. Can you hide the truth without hurting others. Truth

Day20. Can your desire push a partner too far. Desire

Day19. Can you hide a passion so strong. Passion

Day18. Do the choices you make in life follow you everywhere. Choices

Day17. If your love hurts others so badly, is it worth it. Love

Wow, Andie! Outstanding analysis -- especially the part about making the connection -- 22 countdown pictures, and 22 chapters!!!

I think you're definitely onto something with your theory that the pattern that the snapshot pictures are starting at Chapter 22 and going backwards into the novel, Chapter 21, Chapter 20, etc .....

If your love hurts others so badly, is it worth it?

268990_525806527454625_792075083_n.jpg

I'm certain that's a hospital. My guess is that this ties into Cary. Throwing out a theory - drug addiction relapse for Cary?

Twice in Reflected are hints about the danger that medically-necessary pain meds pose to someone who has addictive illness. (When he's first in the hospital, he worries about it, then near the very end of Reflected, Eva has to remind/warn him he's not supposed to be drinking while on the medication.

Perhaps the "hurt badly" here means the pain meds reactivated Cary's illness, so for the second time in his life, he'll face the battle of getting clean.

If this is true, the chain of events that led to Cary's addictive illness started with Gideon's love for Eva:

• Gideon deliberately thrust Eva into the spotlight within 24 hours of her becoming his girlfriend (the kiss photo on the sidewalk coupled with a leak from his PR staff) so that he could make sure all other men knew Eva was now taken.
  • Cary got dragged into the spotlight immediately as the rumor mongers wondered whether he also was Eva's boyfriend, that she was juggling a fashion model along with a billionaire. Some paparazzi even took pictures of them that could be misinterpreted as physical intimacy instead of very close friendship.
  • Nathan believed the lie that Cary also was sexually involved with Eva, and that directly led to him beating Cary. Pictures of Cary also were found in Nathan's room after Nathan's death -- that's how the cops figured out who'd attacked Cary.
  • Even if we stop right here, Gideon's love for Eva hurt Cary very badly -- hurt him in the literal sense of the word.
  • If we carry forward that the hurt isn't over yet, because the absolute medical necessity of having to put Cary on powerful narcotics short-term led to the complication of reactivating drug addiction, well then, Cary's life still is in danger.

SNAPSHOT                          SNIPPET                                                                    CHAPTER                           COUNTDOWN

#16 Bleachers             10 (setting: Times Square and Cary did say "bleachers")    XVI--Resolution         17 love that hurts another person

[my guess: Brett gives up]

#17 A man's holding     [my guess: 1 when Gideon said "I settled for less" and       XVII--Conflict              18 choices that haunts

a French passport        the note: "from a conversation about past relationships"]                                       [my guess: Corinne]

#18 Private plane on                                                                                            XVIII--Resolution      19 strong passion that can no longer   

the ground with its door                                                                                                                         hidden [my guess: Giroux's arrival/

open and on position set of stairs                                                                                                         Corinne's departure either way resulted

in GidEva having a strong passionate

moment]

#21                                                                                                                           XXI--Conflict        22 secrets that can either protect                                                                                                                                                              or harm

#22 (end: May 30th)           [my guess: 5 at Eva's apartment, after dinner,               XX--Resolution    23 a song that changes the way

dancing, song--Eva's feelings towards Gideon]                                         you feel

Please keep in mind that it's just my theory. There's always room for error *grin*

Sylvia, I really treasure the brain gym *wink*

Wow Andie, thanks.

I'm certain that's a hospital. My guess is that this ties into Cary. Throwing out a theory - drug addiction relapse for Cary?

Twice in Reflected are hints about the danger that medically-necessary pain meds pose to someone who has addictive illness. (When he's first in the hospital, he worries about it, then near the very end of Reflected, Eva has to remind/warn him he's not supposed to be drinking while on the medication.

Perhaps the "hurt badly" here means the pain meds reactivated Cary's illness, so for the second time in his life, he'll face the battle of getting clean.

If this is true, the chain of events that led to Cary's addictive illness started with Gideon's love for Eva:

• Gideon deliberately thrust Eva into the spotlight within 24 hours of her becoming his girlfriend (the kiss photo on the sidewalk coupled with a leak from his PR staff) so that he could make sure all other men knew Eva was now taken.
  • Cary got dragged into the spotlight immediately as the rumor mongers wondered whether he also was Eva's boyfriend, that she was juggling a fashion model along with a billionaire. Some paparazzi even took pictures of them that could be misinterpreted as physical intimacy instead of very close friendship.
  • Nathan believed the lie that Cary also was sexually involved with Eva, and that directly led to him beating Cary. Pictures of Cary also were found in Nathan's room after Nathan's death -- that's how the cops figured out who'd attacked Cary.
  • Even if we stop right here, Gideon's love for Eva hurt Cary very badly -- hurt him in the literal sense of the word.
  • If we carry forward that the hurt isn't over yet, because the absolute medical necessity of having to put Cary on powerful narcotics short-term led to the complication of reactivating drug addiction, well then, Cary's life still is in danger.

I'm listening to the audio RIY this week, and I wondered about Cary's drug addiction when the nurse is administering the pain pump. I can't help but think jeez... when will Cary start getting his sh*t together? Listen to him talking to Eva about screwing up with Trey because he wants to be with women as well as men. I don't care that he's bi-sexual, I have an issue with him cheating, and having such a destructive personality. He needs to get in on some Dr. Peterson sessions.

Wow, Andie! Outstanding analysis -- especially the part about making the connection -- 22 countdown pictures, and 22 chapters!!!

I think you're definitely onto something with your theory that the pattern that the snapshot pictures are starting at Chapter 22 and going backwards into the novel, Chapter 21, Chapter 20, etc .....

So if the CLUE pictures coming from Penguin Publishers are moving backward then GidEva end up on a beach in a hammock kissing each other senseless !!! All is right in our world everyone :) :)

I'm listening to the audio RIY this week, and I wondered about Cary's drug addiction when the nurse is administering the pain pump. I can't help but think jeez... when will Cary start getting his sh*t together? Listen to him talking to Eva about screwing up with Trey because he wants to be with women as well as men. I don't care that he's bi-sexual, I have an issue with him cheating, and having such a destructive personality. He needs to get in on some Dr. Peterson sessions.

I know but in Cary's defense the drug addiction if that's what this is; is not his fault. There would be no way that someone could sustain the injuries he did and go without pain meds he was very seriously injured. Cary has twin demons of his own. I think he has a sexual addiction that he can't control and he uses his bisexuality as his excuse.

That picture is not a courthouse lobby -- I'm giving an expert opinion here. I spent a lot of time at courthouses in my prior career as a journalist. Both inside and out, courthouses are very grand places architecturally. They are among the most important government buildings, given the solemnity of the function they serve. Also, courthouse lobbies are large open spaces, not hallways.

Hospitals on the other hand have hallways. Lots and lots and lots of hallways.

Mental hospitals play a part in the story too -- Nathan had been sent to a psychiatric facility, not a prison, per spoiler information Sylvia recently posted on this site. Gideon feared it wouldn't ever be possible to get Nathan locked up in a prison in order to keep Eva safe -- it'd be more of the lather-rinse-repeat cycle of Nathan being found mentally incompetent, hospitalized, treated, "deemed safe (hah!) and released back into the community.

Note: it is important to not read something into every last item in these photographs (such as that ticket dispenser, if that's what it is). That picture depicts some sort of in-real-life place that the PR people creating these photos simply used as a "prop." Film studios create fake worlds of sets, building everything from scratch and thus everything in the images was hand picked to mean something. PR photographers, on the other hand, need to go find some real place to take a picture of. Or use in-real-life people in the cases of the pictures we've seen where the image is supposed to represent a fictional character.

I know but in Cary's defense the drug addiction if that's what this is; is not his fault. There would be no way that someone could sustain the injuries he did and go without pain meds he was very seriously injured. Cary has twin demons of his own. I think he has a sexual addiction that he can't control and he uses his bisexuality as his excuse.

Oh God, no -- getting hooked again on drugs most certainly wouldn't be through any fault of his own here. Addictive illness is a very real illness, not some sort of weakness. Perhaps the biggest medical complication of administering powerful narcotics to any patient is the risk of the patient developing "dependence" -- the medical term for addiction. It's a risk with all patients -- but it is an especially high risk with patients who have a personal or family medical history of addictive illness.

Cary had no choice in the matter -- the narcotics were 100% necessary, the only way he'd have been able to start recovering from his injuries. If he develops the complication of re-activated addictive illness, that's no more his fault than if he'd developed a physical complication of infection.

I have a family member who developed alcoholism that almost killed him before treatment, including intensive medical treatment, successfully got him sober. He's been sober ten years now. He considers himself in "remission" not cured, because he knows there's no cure for the illness, only treatment.

This relative lives in fear of ever being put in a medical position -- serious injury, major surgery, cancer -- that would make narcotics absolutely necessary, that he'd have no choice in the matter about whether or not to take them. It frightens him because he knows medically it puts him in a high risk situation because of his own medical history, the complication of addictive illness. Thus far, he's been fortunate, but there may come a day when one problem, severe pain, could create another even more serious problem, addiction.

Oh God, no -- getting hooked again on drugs most certainly wouldn't be through any fault of his own here. Addictive illness is a very real illness, not some sort of weakness. Perhaps the biggest medical complication of administering powerful narcotics to any patient is the risk of the patient developing "dependence" -- the medical term for addiction. It's a risk with all patients -- but it is an especially high risk with patients who have a personal or family medical history of addictive illness.

Cary had no choice in the matter -- the narcotics were 100% necessary, the only way he'd have been able to start recovering from his injuries. If he develops the complication of re-activated addictive illness, that's no more his fault than if he'd developed a physical complication of infection.

Totally agree with you.

Cary is in desperate need of therapy, not just the occasional chat with Dr Travis. He has the same demons as Gideon and Eva. I think Gideon will pay for treatment/rehab for Cary, hopefully getting Cary back on side. Gideon knows if Cary is in a good place, Eva will be happy.

Just a thought.

In "Friends" Joey was the third person in Monica and Chandlers marriage. I can see the same happening with Eva and Gideon, with Cary.

Eva mentioned to Gideon that Cary was for life.

He just needs support, love and someone to point him in the right direction. Helping him stand on his own two feet, to be independent.

He got worried when Eva mentioned going to Las Vegas, he thought she was going to tell him she was moving in with Gideon. He has to realise, this will happen one day.

Julie said:

"He just needs support, love and someone to point him in the right direction. Helping him stand on his own two feet, to be independent."

Yes! He needs to learn to be independent...

Is Eva enabling his dependency?

I'm wondering what "need" Eva is fulfilling by having Cary being dependent on her?

Julie said:

"He just needs support, love and someone to point him in the right direction. Helping him stand on his own two feet, to be independent."

Yes! He needs to learn to be independent...

Is Eva enabling his dependency?

I'm wondering what "need" Eva is fulfilling by having Cary being dependent on her?

They're using each other as a crutch.

Thinking about it, all the main characters-Monica Gideon Eva Cary Corinne Magdalena-all have these issues. Dr Petersen is going to be one busy chap with this lot.

Eva and Cary, while is great that they know each others issues, and are great friends, they need to be more independent of each other. It's just not healthy.

Wow Andie you rock! I was so oblivious to the yo-yo_yo-you pattern before reading the forum! My brain would've never come up with that!

They're using each other as a crutch.

Thinking about it, all the main characters-Monica Gideon Eva Cary Corinne Magdalena-all have these issues. Dr Petersen is going to be one busy chap with this lot.

Eva and Cary, while is great that they know each others issues, and are great friends, they need to be more independent of each other. It's just not healthy.

Julie I totally agree. Cary seriously needs to continue therapy because just having Eva on his side isn't enough. As Eva is moving towards a life with Gideon now more than ever Cary needs to be proactive about facing his demons which still have a hold on him because he can't even make it work with Trey.

If Gideon has gone down the BDSM road to gain ultimate control, could he also be using it to punish brunettes like his mother (Elizabeth) who basically abandoned him as a child, and it's his way of revenge, making him feel like he is punishing his mother for his abuse and hurt.

He probably did do that Julie with the brunettes in his life but I think he knows he cannot be that way with Eva, she is different and would not appreciate this kind of control or domination as it would send triggers to Eva which he could not let happen

He probably did do that Julie with the brunettes in his life but I think he knows he cannot be that way with Eva, she is different and would not appreciate this kind of control or domination as it would send triggers to Eva which he could not let happen

Eva has broken the brunette spell, that Gideon was put under. For whatever the reasons of his fetish, that spell has gone. Hope we find out soon. :)

Hello, ladies

*LN Cronan, I haven't got the chance to read the graphic you told me about so I'm still using the yo-yo__yo-you pattern*

Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo: My Theory

The first chapter of EWY opens with conflict represented by a pen in snapshot #1. This can both apply to the freelance journalist [any thoughts about it, LN Cronan?] Deanna Johnson and penitentiary. The Lurking PEN, that's the title I choose for this chapter (As for the snippet, A special teaser for New Years becomes part of this opening chapter. No wonder there's a warning: "It's not an 'official' snippet. Permission is NOT granted to re-post this content anywhere")

Eventhough we only got sneak peek of Chapter 2, I'm convinced that this chapter serves as resolution. Snapshot #2 and snippets #2, #3, and #9 are closely related with the emotionally scorching love scene of GidEva. Putting it aside, I think the crux of this chapter would be the trade Eva mentioned in Oscar Night snippet. That's why I come up with "Together We Can."

These two chapters lead me to a conclusion that the yo-yo__yo-you pattern would still be used in every other chapter throughout the book. Besides, EWY (if I'm counting it correctly) will have even-numbered chapters.

Why do we get twice-a-week snapshots and a daily picture?

Starting from Day #23, we all are entertained by two clues: a picture and a sentence. But hey, we already get snapshots twice a week. Aren't you curious about it? Well, I am. I find the picture is dominating the tiny letters of the interrogative sentence above it. Therefore, I assume the picture is introduced to us as an amusement, if not a distraction. The one that we should focus on is the leading question. insideofclouds has been confirmed about this.

Why does the question start from day #23?

The simplest answer to the question above would be because we're doing EWY countdown. Starting from May 12th, we'll have a daily brain gym until June 3rd.

Why does the snapshot start early?

The obvious answer is because it represents the chapters in EWY. It will give us guidance on a regular basis about the essence (conflict/resolution) of the chapter. The complete Chapter 1 (conflict) and the sneak peek of Chapter 2 (resolution) released on May 7th have proven that the snapshot is a red flag. In addition, snapshots #1 and #2 are designed to be published before May 7th but after the snippets (A special teaser for New Years is part of Chapter 1 and snippets #2, #3, and #9 are closely related to Chapter 2. However, I think the highlight would be the "trade" mentioned in Oscar Night snippet)

What makes both the snapshots and the countdown questions significant?

1. The snapshots give us EWY's table of contents. If you pay close attention to the calendar, the last snapshot will be on May 30th. The following Tuesday is the Day when EWY hits stores, so I'm positive there no longer be any snapshots. Thus we have even-numbered chapters, chapter 1-22 (we've got 18 so far, including the proven snapshot #1 and #2).

2. The countdown questions play a great role in giving us keywords for EWY. Again, if you mark the date, you'd find June 3rd as the last countdown question day. It means there'll be 22 keywords (+ 1 additional cover reveal, perhaps?) representing the complete chapters of EWY. Since the title is Countdown, it guides us down to the opening chapter.

Therefore, the yo-yo__yo-you pattern is also applied in the publication of snapshots (UP) and countdown questions (DOWN).

*will post my Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo Chart after this posting*

Andie.

I'm intrigued, how did you work this out? My brain aches just reading through this. :)