The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

This premise will work if the focus of the book will be about Nathan's death. As stated in another forum, to give further attention to such a vile creature as Nathan is unnecessary and unwarranted at this point in these characters development. I think there is going to be an easy explanation as to what happen to Nathan and the larger focus will be more about Gideon and his character development. I think possible we will be seeing things from Gideon's eyes and Eva's throughout the book ( interchangeable which would be refreshing and welcomed). I want to get a read on Gideon's thoughts, lol as that makes for such delicious reading, no?

For Nathan to have been relevant, his character would not have been killed off so quickly and then a better show down will be Eva using her new defense skills to kick his butt.... There is a reason he was killed off so early. He is not that relevant.

There are much juicy issues to explore with Gideon and his family as a whole.

And honestly, I don't think Gideon killed Nathan. A creature like Nathan, Eva was not his only victim.

Christopher Jr just may get a close up view of Eva'd defense training as his resentment towsrds Gideon knows no boundaries. I won't be shocked if he had been meddling in Gideon's buisness affairs re: trying to make it seem like he was embezzling funds (yes, there was mentioned in RIY that Gideon got hand to potential embezzlement activities).

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From her Facebook page--
Sylvia's definition of snapshot:

"Snapshot: 1 : a casual photograph made typically by an amateur with a small handheld camera 2 : an impression or view of something brief or transitory <a snapshot of life back then> - not to be confused with a snippet or excerpt! :)"

Interesting theory. Back in Reflected, we had Eva briefly view press-related things on two matters:

1. Press pictures Eva saw online of Gideon with Corrine "That Week" -- pictures that would make anyone assume he started seeing Corrine again that week. (The whole point behind him manipulating the media was to trick them into assuming it was true.)
  2. Cary giving Eva the gist of something Cary read online -- Brett told an interviewer he recently "reconnected" (exact word) with Eva.

Pages 232 and 233 in Reflected -- Gideon and Eva briefly fight in the elevator lobby outside his office. Last night, he'd taken Corrine to dinner, and Eva had just gotten back from taking Brett to lunch. Gideon was in no position to be honest about why he had dinner with Corrine. Eva owed him no explanation about why she just took Brett out to deliberately get even with Gideon.

However this all later plays out (and I've got my wild theories about a media feeding frenzy over love triangles -- see my longer post above in the thread) the fact is that in Chapter One, Gideon and Eva are way overdue for a long talk about what really went on with both Corrine and Brett during That Week.

So maybe Clue One means that in Chapter One, Gideon is at last going to (because he now can) explain to Eva exactly what he had been doing behind the scenes to fool Corrine herself into making assumptions about his spending time with Corrine in public. And at last he finally gets to ask what Brett meant by "reconnected."

The pair of them need to talk about everything they couldn't say when they argued a few weeks earlier, just days before Eva dumped Gideon.

Tossing out another press-related theory .....

What if Gideon takes Magdalene as his "date" to some society function where the pair of them would be photographed walking the press gauntlet. He could be honest with Magdalene he's asking her purely as an old, family friend. Like Corrine, Magdalene is "from back then."

Magdalene has got to know at this point she hasn't got a chance with Gideon, because of the sex tape with Christopher that Gideon himself showed her, Corrine actively trying to get him back and Eva still out there somewhere.

Magdalene may have been a fool where Gideon was concerned in the past. But she's not a total idiot about the threat that Corrine and Eva both pose now. She saw for herself how hot the sex was with Eva, and she knows the history Gideon has with Corrine. So when Eva entered the picture, Magdalene's chances dropped considerably, and when Corrine re-entered the picture very soon after, all of Magdalene's chances were gone. She was now in third place to two women Gideon had slept with -- and she got caught sleeping with Christopher Jr.

By being pictured with yet another woman on his arm, Gideon could start the whole "bevvy of socialites" thing all over again  -- the very frenzy some tabloids had gotten into when he first started dating Eva. It would accomplish two things:

1. Continue to reinforce the public lie that Eva was just one of several socialites he dated.
  2. More importantly, put a damper on Corrine's assumptions she (Corrine) has won him back. If it is true that Gideon is telling Corrine he's spending time with her just as a friend, he could reinforce that message by socializing with another old friend, Magdalene.

@Gigi- I don't think Ian(I think that was the orgy guy's name) was lucid enough to reminder but the two girls definitely got a good lock at Gideon.

I really don't want to be reading about Nathan in the upcoming book as such a cold creature is a waste of paper/ink. Lol

Whatever happens to him needs to be wrapped up in a bow and tucked away

Hi Everyone,

I looked at everyone’s postings and I wonder what Carey’s motivation is as far as his omission of information at crucial times? He didn’t tell Eva about Brett and that fact that his group had changed their name and signed with Vidal Records. He didn’t tell her about Golden Girl either. Why? Is Carey just mischief making or does he have ulterior motives? Is Carey really supportive of Eva and her relationship with Gideon? Does he think that Brett really is the better option? Does anyone have any theories?

Hi KiMa,

I read your posting and I am not sure where you are going with the Gideon and the embezzlement theory. Could you please be kind enough to let me know where anything about embezzlement and Gideon are mentioned in the same plot discussion in the book (what pages)? It would be greatly appreciated. I know that Gideon talked about his dad’s activities and how tragic his ending was, but I don’t remember reading anything about Gideon embezzling money himself. I know that he was worried that he might turn out like his father, but that is not the same thing. Thanks in advance.

This post has been promoted to an article

Hi LNCronan,

I think that if Gideon asked Magdalene out again, I would hope that she’d ball her hand into a fist and lay one straight across Gideon’s jaw! Sigh! Ok, now back to reality. I would hope that if Gideon asked Magdalene out “as a friend†that she would politely decline (if for no other reason than for self respect). Magdalene lost herself respect when she imitated Corinne in the hopes that Gideon would notice.

I also think that if Gideon had the audacity to ask Magdalene, he would deserve a smack across the chops. I say start with a fresh bevy of beauties. Really and truly, I think that Gideon’s alibi would be better served if he found some poor unsuspecting woman and lavished his attention on her. Then is she was to be questioned by the police she could honestly say that Gideon pursued her and then lost interest. I don’t think that Magdalene or even Corinne would be able to keep the lie up for long. Sooner or later they would become bitter and might let it slip that this entire dating thing was a “rouseâ€. It was like you said, if Magdalene saw just how hot the “sex†was between Eva and Gideon then there really couldn’t be any way that Magdalene could fool herself into thinking that she ever stood a chance with Gideon.

On the other hand Mrsmajessick makes a good point in that there is no need to continue the lie. Gideon and Eva only dated for a few months (not years), Eva’s rape occurred years ago and didn’t involve Gideon, so if they happened to break up and then get back together again what difference does it make? Oh, time will tell and maybe the clues will help us all past the time until June 4th. :)

Hi Everyone,

I looked at everyone’s postings and I wonder what Carey’s motivation is as far as his omission of information at crucial times? He didn’t tell Eva about Brett and that fact that his group had changed their name and signed with Vidal Records. He didn’t tell her about Golden Girl either. Why? Is Carey just mischief making or does he have ulterior motives? Is Carey really supportive of Eva and her relationship with Gideon? Does he think that Brett really is the better option? Does anyone have any theories?

I think Cary is now on Team Brett, deciding that Gideon has got to go and Brett's perfectly positioned to move in. Cary thinks Gideon is bad for Eva (and in a way, Cary's got a point. The rockiness of the relationship has been very bad for Eva, triggering everything from her old angry side to her Nathan nightmares, and he's actually seen Gideon attack Eva during one of his own nightmares.)

Just like Cary has a bad habit of undermining his own relationships when they start to turn serious, Cary is now undermining Eva and Gideon. Cary might not even consciously recognize this is what he's doing. Or if he does, he believes he's got Eva's best interests at heart. After all, all Brett was guilty of in the past was being promiscuous instead of being monogamous with Eva. Given that Cary himself won't be monogamous, he'd hardly fault Brett there.

I think that Magdalene would jump at a chance to twist Corrine's tail. Remember, Magdalene can be a very nasty woman. Even if Magdalene now fully understands she can't ever have Gideon herself, she'd welcome any opportunity to help make sure Corrine can't have him either. Plus, the kind of self-esteem issues Magdalene has weren't solved by her getting a makeover. So if Gideon asked her to accompany him somewhere, be it a society function or dinner for two, she'd say "what time should I be ready."

Regarding Eva, Gideon being so in love with Eva that he would kill to save her life is the motive for Nathan's murder. His pretending he never loved Eva to begin with is his defense he had no motive to kill. So for now, until the coast is actually clear, he can't go back to Eva. He can continue to live the lie he jumped at the second chance Corrine has given him --  or -- he can resume his old M.O. of seeing various socialites. He had been (the world assumed) "seeing" Magdalene most of all just prior to Eva. To hang out with Magdalene again would even further reinforce the lie Eva had simply been one of the bevvy of beauties, nothing more.

Mind you, I'm not excusing Gideon using Magdalene, Corrine or any new woman. (Well, maybe Corrine -- she's only herself to blame for the position she's in.) Gideon has been wrong for being dishonest with everyone, Eva most of all. But now that he's stuck covering his tail, I wouldn't mind seeing Magdalene unknowingly helping him and Eva be able to be together again some day soon. And I think it would be easier for Eva to stomach Gideon be spotted with both Magdalene and Corrine instead of spending time with only Corrine.

I vehemently disagrees. Cary and Eva's relationship I freaking awesome and unique. He isn't on no team Brett. I can see why he didn't tell her and it was friendly mischievous.

Please stop casting Cary in a negative light. The reason he and Eva are so creaking close is because they get each other and know each other and communicate on a level where sometimes words aren't needed. Just one look and they get each other.

Despite his feelings about Eva, he asked her how she felt about Gideon all the time and helps her walk through her feelings. Once Eva confirms her comittment to Eva, he said "okay."

He isn't undermining Eva and Gideon's relationship. This is really a far fetched idea and I am kind of disappointed you hit will even entertain this idea. I know everyone has their own opinions and the like but .... That was really uncall for.

He and Eva have what you call a true bond. No judgment and total acceptance of each other and they constantly say, they got each others back meaning they will support each other and would never do anything less than....

Phew! Again, really disappointed you guys will contemplate this

I'm not disparaging Cary -- I love him too and I think he and Eva are good for one another. But they both have "issues" including relationship issues. Each of them is the first to admit that's true -- and both have done so repeatedly to one another. The very place they met was in group therapy years ago, and even to this day, Cary continues to reach out to that therapist.

Cary has consistently gone back and forth where Gideon is concerned. There are instances where Cary has pointed out the unhealthy affects Gideon has had on Eva at times. He even hoped, after witnessing the nightmare in which Gideon attacked Eva, that she would end it with him.  As the end of Reflected neared, Cary was openly pushing Brett as Mr. Rebound.

Plus at times, Cary has done some dumb stuff -- not only in his own relationships, but with his very friendship with Eva.

Bad enough he let Eva walk blind into that concert, knowing Gideon is a very jealous man. But that pales in comparison to what happened when Eva arrived home early to the orgy in progress. She ordered everyone out. One of the participants asked Cary whether Eva was his wife. His response: (page 323 of Bared) There was a brief flash of embarrassment and guilt on Cary's face, and then he shot me a cocky smile. "My roommate. There's room for more, baby girl."

To Cary's credit, as soon as the other guy in the orgy, who was clearly on drugs, took that as a green light to approach Eva, Cary told him to back off. I firmly believe Cary would have physically intervened as soon as the guy laid hands on Eva. Which the guy was within inches of doing when fortunately, Gideon arrived just in time.

No one was sorrier than Cary the next day. And Eva forgave him. What did surprise me is Gideon too let that go, because I would have pictured Gideon demanding Eva move out, it being unsafe for her with Cary bringing home all kinds of people and Gideon so paranoid about Eva's safety.

But by then, I think Gideon himself recognized the importance Cary plays in Eva's life -- a friend who knows her darkest secrets about being raped and is someone she can turn to. I bet Gideon wishes he had a similar friend. Also, Eva had long since been able to convince Gideon that she and Cary were strictly platonic. Initially, Gideon had his jealous doubts in that department.

Bottom line - Good friends that they are, Cary is messed up and sometimes does stupid things. So does Eva. And Gideon most certainly does too. This entire series is about all of them changing for the better -- that through loving and coming to trust other people (and getting professional help) they leave their demons behind one at time.

@GiGi. not sure what happened to my posting but wanted to address your quesiton about the embezzlement part>

It was when Cary and Eva took that trip and Gidoen went to San Diego i believe. When he met Eva and Cary back at the hotel and Eva asked if he wrapped up whatever it was he needed to he said yes and that he hated embezzlement. I think it was then Eva asked about how he has become so rich and he told her he used to count cards.

I will have to go back but it was in BTY. WIll find the specific pages but it was right after Cary had the orgy debacle and he and Eva did their much needed trip

&nbsp;

@Gigi- I don't think Ian(I think that was the orgy guy's name) was lucid enough to reminder but the two girls definitely got a good lock at Gideon.

I really don't want to be reading about Nathan in the upcoming book as such a cold creature is a waste of paper/ink. Lol

Whatever happens to him needs to be wrapped up in a bow and tucked away

&nbsp;

Hi KiMa,

I think that whatever happens with Nathan in the next book, then let’s at least throw Nathan into a bonfire! I don’t think the Nathan storyline deserves a bow (just kidding). If Ian was high then I have to wonder whether the others who participated in the orgy might have taken something or been high on something as well. :)

&nbsp;

I think Cary is now on Team Brett, deciding that Gideon has got to go and Brett's perfectly positioned to move in. Cary thinks Gideon is bad for Eva (and in a way, Cary's got a point. The rockiness of the relationship has been very bad for Eva, triggering everything from her old angry side to her Nathan nightmares, and he's actually seen Gideon attack Eva during one of his own nightmares.)

&nbsp;

Just like Cary has a bad habit of undermining his own relationships when they start to turn serious, Cary is now undermining Eva and Gideon. Cary might not even consciously recognize this is what he's doing. Or if he does, he believes he's got Eva's best interests at heart. After all, all Brett was guilty of in the past was being&nbsp;promiscuous instead of being monogamous with Eva. Given that Cary himself won't be monogamous, he'd hardly fault Brett there.

&nbsp;

Hi LNCronan,

I think that Carey is just mischief making. I just can’t figure out why. I am not sure what his motive is. I don’t think that Carey would be on team Brett per say. If Carey is a real friend to Eva then he would have remember Eva talking about how she degraded herself with Brett (by f*****g Brett everywhere she could think of, including in the bathroom of the pool hall). I am sure that all that pain and angst would have come out during group therapy. Surely that part of Eva's history wouldn't have been lost on Carey.

So the only option that I the reader am left with is that Carey just wanted to stir up a little drama. He was mischief making. What do you think?

&nbsp;

I think that Magdalene would jump at a chance to twist Corrine's tail. Remember, Magdalene can be a very nasty woman. Even if Magdalene now fully understands she can't ever have Gideon herself, she'd welcome any opportunity to help make sure Corrine can't have him either. Plus, the kind of self-esteem issues Magdalene has weren't solved by her getting a makeover. So if Gideon asked her to accompany him somewhere, be it a society function or dinner for two, she'd say "what time should I be ready."

&nbsp;

Regarding Eva, Gideon being so in love with Eva that he would kill to save her life is the motive for Nathan's murder. His pretending he never loved Eva to begin with is his defense he had no motive to kill. So for now, until the coast is actually clear, he can't go back to Eva. He can continue to live the lie he jumped at the second chance Corrine has given him -- &nbsp;or -- he can resume his old M.O. of seeing various socialites. He had been (the world assumed) "seeing" Magdalene most of all just prior to Eva. To hang out with Magdalene again would even further reinforce the lie Eva had simply been one of the bevvy of beauties, nothing more.

&nbsp;

Mind you, I'm not excusing Gideon using Magdalene, Corrine or any new woman. (Well, maybe Corrine -- she's only herself to blame for the position she's in.) Gideon has been wrong for being dishonest with everyone, Eva most of all. But now that he's stuck covering his tail, I wouldn't mind seeing Magdalene unknowingly helping him and Eva be able to be together again some day soon. And I think it would be easier for Eva to stomach Gideon be spotted with both Magdalene and Corrine instead of spending time with only Corrine.

&nbsp;

Hi LNCronan,

I would hope that Magdalene’s makeover would be the start of a new beginning for her and for me that would include Magdalene not involving herself in Gideon’s life further. In the end, the only person that could get hurt would be Magdalene.

If Magdalene wants to point a finger she needs to be pointing it at herself. No one told her to keep her hair long, or not allow her true personality to shine through. The only person that Magdalene would have to blame is herself. I hope that in this instance Magdalene grows a spine and gets on with her life. I couldn’t see Magdalene helping Gideon because they were such great friends. She was in love with Gideon all those and he either never knew about or didn’t care. Either way any further involvement in Gideon’s life would make Magdalene look like the ultimate loser and as a woman I wouldn’t want her to degrade herself anymore.

I think that the safest approach would be for Gideon to date “strangersâ€. He wouldn’t have to date them for long or even have more than one date with each woman. I think that would be far less dishonest than to involve two women who had/still have strong feelings for the man. Gideon could honestly say that he went out on a date with lady X hoping that she would be the one, only to find out that he didn’t feel the chemistry between himself and the lady, so he never asked her out again. The lady got to go out with a gorgeous wealthy man and enjoyed a very expensive meal. No one gets hurt and Gideon’s alibi remains intact. The only downside to this would be; how would Eva react to Gideon dating a bevy of beauties?

Mrsmajessick makes a good point that Gideon doesn’t have to keep up the charade, but thus far the reader is led to believe that this is the way Gideon intends to go. I can hardly wait for the next book. :)

&nbsp;

I vehemently disagrees. Cary and Eva's relationship I freaking awesome and unique. He isn't on no team Brett. I can see why he didn't tell her and it was friendly mischievous.

Please stop casting Cary in a negative light. The reason he and Eva are so creaking close is because they get each other and know each other and communicate on a level where sometimes words aren't needed. Just one look and they get each other.

Despite his feelings about Eva, he asked her how she felt about Gideon all the time and helps her walk through her feelings. Once Eva confirms her comittment to Eva, he said "okay."

He isn't undermining Eva and Gideon's relationship. This is really a far fetched idea and I am kind of disappointed you hit will even entertain this idea. I know everyone has their own opinions and the like but .... That was really uncall for.

He and Eva have what you call a true bond. No judgment and total acceptance of each other and they constantly say, they got each others back meaning they will support each other and would never do anything less than....

Phew! Again, really disappointed you guys will contemplate this

&nbsp;

Hi KiMa,

I just wanted to quickly address your concerns with the questions I posed. I don’t think that it is “bad†to pose a question. It can help stimulate conversation between group members and it can also help individuals compose and/or solidify their own personal theories. I didn’t mean any harm or wish to create any type of “ill will†or animosity among any of the members.

The reason I asked the question is because Carey has had a questionable past (with some of the stunts he has pulled). The reader is left with the impression that Carey has had and continues to have a hard time connecting with people on a long-standing basis when sex isn’t involved. After reading Bared To You and Reflected In You, I got the impression that Carey’s mom probably either “pimped†him out or allowed people in her life to abuse him. It was a HUGE violation of trust and I can see why Carey reacts the way he does.

What I don’t understand is why Carey would bring an “orgy†into Eva’s house when safety was a huge concern for her? It seems that Carey has a big self destructive streak within himself. It is almost like somewhere deep down inside him, he figures that he might as well ruin things before someone else disappoint him and hurts him. It is easier for Carey to hurt himself than someone else.

Carey also didn’t tell Eva about Brett’s band or the fact that they changed their name and signed with Vidal Records. A friend would have told Eva about that so she could have been able to make an informed decision about whether she wanted to attend the concert with Gideon. Eva got completely blind-sided by those facts and she wound up having a huge fight with Gideon as a result. If Carey was just being mischievous what was he hoping to get out of the deal? I am not saying that Carey is evil, I just think that he has issues and those issues can rub off on those he loves in a negative way.

Straight up, I am not so sure that Carey completely supports Eva and Gideon’s relationship. He was there during the Advocacy Dinner and he saw the appalling way in which Gideon treated Eva. More importantly Carey saw the way Eva reacted, as well as all the other times that Eva got hurt or was afraid (after Eva witnessed Gideon’s violent nightmares, then when Gideon tried to rape Eva in her sleep and when Eva had her nightmare…which ended with her exhaustive vomiting) or came home crying because she thought that maybe Gideon was cheating on her. If I was in Carey’s shoes I am not so sure that I would be jumping on the Gideon’s great bandwagon. It would make sense to for Carey to be cautious.

I just hope that Sylvia develops Carey’s character more in the next book so that the reader gets the opportunity to understand a little more why he does the things he does. In the end I sincerely want Carey to have a happy ending. I believe that he deserves it as much as anyone else, even more so because of what he has had to endure in this past. :)

Hi LNCronan,

I think that when Eva makes a mistake the only person who suffers is Eva. When Carey makes a mistake both Carey and Eva suffer (quite frankly more often than not Eva suffers more). Eva is usually the one cleaning up Carey’s messes.

I am not sure however that Gideon likes Carey. I absolutely agree that Gideon recognizes the important role Carey plays in Eva’s life, but I don’t think that he particularly likes him. I know that he doesn’t hate him so at least that is in his favour. I think that in order for Gideon to like Carey more, Carey would have to get his act together more (I think that would be a fair statement on both Gideon and Carey’s part).In the end I guess it could be argued that friendship means not keeping score. :)

Hi KiMa,

It was my understanding that Gideon uncovered an embezzlement scheme and he had to put a stop to it. I didn’t understand that conversation as Gideon admitting that he was heading down the road of criminal activity. What are your thoughts?

@Gigi- you may have mis-read that post or maybe I wasn't clear. I wasn't suggestion Gideon was heading down such path, I said (or meant to say) these are things he had to deal with and possible Christopher Jr. might be the one doing this and the like.

Apologies for the confusion.

Also. I think there is tension between Carey and Gideon (less so now) initially because Gideon sees how much Caret lives Eva to the point that he asked Eva flat out about it. As Gideon now understands the love between the two, he has become more accepting and not acting super jealous. These two will need to arrive at an epiphany of some kind and truly have a heart to heart (Gideon and Eva) eventually.

Interestingly, I am always intrigued by the way Carey is like this researcher of some kind, always putting together a doosey per Eva's request. He sure has some interesting skills, no? I think this will come into play more and more

Unfortunately, as much as I dislike Nathan, I feel that he will not be going away in EWY.

Gideon is under investigation for the murder of Nathan..

Eva is still dealing with the abuse by Nathan...

Cary is recuperating from the attack by Nathan...

Victor will find out about what Nathan did to Eva...

Stanton is under investigation for the murder of Nathan...

I feel that although Cary and Eva's relationship is great, I don't think that it is perfect. Emotionally Cary is still a young teenager...

Unfortunately, as much as I dislike Nathan, I feel that he will not be going away in EWY.

Gideon is under investigation for the murder of Nathan..

Eva is still dealing with the abuse by Nathan...

Cary is recuperating from the attack by Nathan...

Victor will find out about what Nathan did to Eva...

Stanton is under investigation for the murder of Nathan...

I feel that although Cary and Eva's relationship is great, I don't think that it is perfect.

^^^ THIS, about Nathan

There's still a lot of wreckage left in Nathan's wake that needs the be cleaned (and wrapped up) in Entwined.

It will be interesting to see how Sylvia develops Carey's character in the next book. Carey is already feeling displaced in Eva's life as when he made the statement "is this when you tell me you're moving in with your billionaire boyfriend and I have to go?" That being said, I do think Carey is on team Brett but not for that reason. I think he sees all the heartbreak and angst Eva suffers through in the short time she has dated Gideon and he is only concerned for her sanity! Carey does seem to be gaining the skills he needs to survive in the real world as far as employment goes. His modeling career is going well and he does have other skills such as personal stylist etc that would gain him other employment in New York not to mention his contacts so I do think one day he may be able to support himself without Eva's help. As for his romantic life that's a tough one just because of his bisexuality. So where does that leave Carey when Eva and Gideon marry? What does everyone think?