The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Today's Friday -- which means we're due for snapshot # 2. Plus, we're getting a new snippet sometime soon. Yesterday, Sylvia announced on Facebook:

I'm leaving today for my book tour in France with Editions J'ai Lu, and I'll be gone the rest of this week and next. I have snapshots and a snippet scheduled to post while I'm gone. I hope you enjoy them! Au revoir. :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is -- snapshot number two, posted to Facebook a little over 15 minutes ago: 

http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/03/22/entwined-snapshot-2/

It's about Chapter Two, and the picture is of an opened Christmas gift. 

Bared and Reflected both take place during the summer, and we know Entwined picks up right where Reflected left off. So I doubt there's any way we've skipped right to present-day Christmas (no pun intended.)

My guess is Chapter Two is the start of looking back in detail to Gideon's childhood, with a particular Christmas season being pivotal. Was it the year he was 5 and his father killed himself? Was it when he was around age 10-11 and he was sexually abused?

Ok so, Sylvia said the book picks up right where it left off..! So I don't think thoses are Christmas presents so to speak..! Because when RIY ended it was just July.! Don't think the first chapter takes up a full 5 months..! So what kind of gifts could they be..!!?

One of the box covers has snowflakes on it -- and the colors are all white, red and green. That's definitely a Christmas present.

An alternative one of Gideon's childhood Christmases might be if Gideon and Eva are having the much-needed talk about what really had gone on with Corrine and with Brett during the three weeks Gideon and Eva were estranged. That's a pretty serious matter that needs clarifying. Only now is Gideon able to honestly talk about Corrine. (Plus, he's finally got the right to ask in return what went on when Eva took Brett out to lunch to get even with Gideon. Because Brett gave an interview saying he'd reconnected with Eva -- exact word.)

We know from snippet number one Gideon and Eva talked about past relationships -- specifically about settling for the wrong people. What if Eva's finally got the freedom to ask Gideon anything she wants about Corrine past and present-day, and Gideon at last will tell Eva anything she wants to know. The honest truth. Because at least in the Corrine department, Eva will finally believe what Gideon tells her. She trusts him at last as far as Corrine goes. Plus Gideon now knows he can honestly talk to Eva about everything -- she's not going to run ever again, even if what she hears is upsetting.

What if Gideon's talking about back years ago when he'd agree to settle for marrying Corrine. Christmas is an especially popular time to get engaged. Given that it was Corrine who popped the question, it could have been then. Maybe Eva's asking about both back then and about Corrine's present-day position in Gideon's family, now that Corrine has wormed her way back into Gideon's life as (all the world would be led to believe, probably Corrine most of all) his girlfriend once again and his future wife.

Can we please get Corrine out of the way in Chapter 2 -- settle on Gideon and Eva together deciding how Gideon will continue to use Corrine for now as his public cover while he and Eva have their secret love affair.

Agh!!!! I can't say "present-day" without making a pun about Christmas Day.

One of the box covers has snowflakes on it -- and the colors are all white, red and green. That's definitely a Christmas present.

An alternative one of Gideon's childhood Christmases might be if Gideon and Eva are having the much-needed talk about what really had gone on with Corrine and with Brett during the three weeks Gideon and Eva were estranged. That's a pretty serious matter that needs clarifying. Only now is Gideon able to honestly talk about Corrine. (Plus, he's finally got the right to ask in return what went on when Eva took Brett out to lunch to get even with Gideon. Because Brett gave an interview saying he'd reconnected with Eva -- exact word.)

We know from snippet number one Gideon and Eva talked about past relationships -- specifically about settling for the wrong people. What if Eva's finally got the freedom to ask Gideon anything she wants about Corrine past and present-day, and Gideon at last will tell Eva anything she wants to know. The honest truth. Because at least in the Corrine department, Eva will finally believe what Gideon tells her. She trusts him at last as far as Corrine goes. Plus Gideon now knows he can honestly talk to Eva about everything -- she's not going to run ever again, even if what she hears is upsetting.

What if Gideon's talking about back years ago when he'd agree to settle for marrying Corrine. Christmas is an especially popular time to get engaged. Given that it was Corrine who popped the question, it could have been then. Maybe Eva's asking about both back then and about Corrine's present-day position in Gideon's family, now that Corrine has wormed her way back into Gideon's life as (all the world would be led to believe, probably Corrine most of all) his girlfriend once again and his future wife.

Can we please get Corrine out of the way in Chapter 2 -- settle on Gideon and Eva together deciding how Gideon will continue to use Corrine for now as his public cover while he and Eva have their secret love affair.

Agh!!!! I can't say "present-day" without making a pun about Christmas Day.

I like this LN....They really need to talk. They both need answers...Eva mostly....or, really, us the readers do!! :)

I really hope we get a lot of details. You and Mrs. Crossfire are right in that Sylvia said the books starts wher RIY ended and is only a few weeks before it ends, so probably not really Christmas. I like the idea that he's telling a story. Although, my very first thought was that Eva was opening an engagement ring! Oh boy....Sylvia is going to do this 20 more times w/ the Snapshots....and our next Snippet is next week?  Geez

Am I the only one who'd like to see Gideon ask Victor for Eva's hand? Lol...

Sylvia said it goes with a previously posted snippet.!!

Then I'm guessing it could be Snippet 2, which makes a joke about Christmas presents:

Here's the link to the full Snippet 2 -- http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/11/22/entwined-snippet-2/

The part about the joke is below:

(Eva says) "Waking up to you is like… presents on Christmas morning.â€

His mouth curved. “For your convenience, I’m already unwrapped. Batteries not required.â€

So they're in bed together. They've already made love repeatedly -- and as the snippet unfolds, they start to go at it again. But Eva's no longer crying nor Gideon shaking as they had been holding one another in the tear-jerker Snippet 9. In #2 they're teasing one another. So the make-up sex has gone very well -- and more importantly, the very serious talk they needed to have went extremely well.

And it would appear Gideon spent the whole night at Eva's. And ... they're having morning sex.

Can't resist some snark here -- Oh, Corrine, Corrine, Corrine, if you only knew, you lying b**** you. Only a couple of days ago, you tried tricking Eva into thinking you'd just finished having 20+ minutes of morning sex with Gideon in your own bed while Eva waited downstairs in your apartment building. Hah!!!!!

I hope that after they finish having morning sex, Eva (if she hadn't done so already when they talked last night) gives Gideon the blow-by-blow of what happened two mornings ago when Eva confronted Corrine.

It's important because it was during that fight Eva resolved in her own mind once and for all Gideon had not been sleeping with Corrine. Eva resolved this raging insecurity on her own even before she found out (thanks to Detective Graves) what Gideon's motive had been for "seeing" Corrine. So by telling Gideon this, she can convince him at last she has finally gotten past her insecurity and jealousy problem that had been threatening to tear them apart.

Equally as important, she had done something Gideon had begged her to during those awful weeks - come to  trust him.

It also can be important for Gideon to finally learn just how ruthless Corrine had been in her attempt to destroy Eva's love for him. It'd make it very easy for him, totally guilt free now, to continue to lead Corrine on for as long as he needs to until at last the coast is clear for him to openly go back to Eva.

I wonder whether Cary knew Gideon spent the night. It's been less than a month since the attack, and Cary is still actively recuperating, so chances are he was home the night Gideon snuck in to be with Eva.

More importantly, I wonder how much Eva is going to tell Cary at first -- how much Eva is going to tell Monica and Stanton too at first. And whether Eva is even going to tell her Dad before he finds out stuff on his own.

Obviously, the case touches them all. Yet the more people who know about Gideon and Eva, the greater the risks are. The smart thing to do would be to say as little as possible to anyone else until the pair of them are able to get a better sense of just how clear -- or not clear -- the coast may be. 

I am thinking corrine might be out of the story early( fingers crossed). i really don't think she has any ties with his family. I think they know about her through the press and Maggie.  I really want to learn about Gideon's childhood and see how they handle this part of their journey together.

Also. I think there is tension between Carey and Gideon (less so now) initially because Gideon sees how much Caret lives Eva to the point that he asked Eva flat out about it. As Gideon now understands the love between the two, he has become more accepting and not acting super jealous. These two will need to arrive at an epiphany of some kind and truly have a heart to heart (Gideon and Eva) eventually.

Interestingly, I am always intrigued by the way Carey is like this researcher of some kind, always putting together a doosey per Eva's request. He sure has some interesting skills, no? I think this will come into play more and more

Hi KiMa,

No worries, I take the postings at face value. If I don’t understand something then I ask for clarification. :) I really like the idea of Carey and Eva teaming up like a modern day Nancy Drew. Then Carey could use his mischief making skills for good. :)

Unfortunately, as much as I dislike Nathan, I feel that he will not be going away in EWY.

Gideon is under investigation for the murder of Nathan..

Eva is still dealing with the abuse by Nathan...

Cary is recuperating from the attack by Nathan...

Victor will find out about what Nathan did to Eva...

Stanton is under investigation for the murder of Nathan...

I feel that although Cary and Eva's relationship is great, I don't think that it is perfect. Emotionally Cary is still a young teenager...

Hi AMC,

Good synopsis of the facts! I agree with your assertion of where Carey is emotionally. I hope that his character grows in the next book. Overall Carey is a lot of fun and I would like to see him find happiness.

I wonder how Sylvia is going to tie all these storylines together? I really hope that there is going to be a fourth book in the series. I am not ready to let the characters go…sigh! :)

It will be interesting to see how Sylvia develops Carey's character in the next book. Carey is already feeling displaced in Eva's life as when he made the statement "is this when you tell me you're moving in with your billionaire boyfriend and I have to go?" That being said, I do think Carey is on team Brett but not for that reason. I think he sees all the heartbreak and angst Eva suffers through in the short time she has dated Gideon and he is only concerned for her sanity! Carey does seem to be gaining the skills he needs to survive in the real world as far as employment goes. His modeling career is going well and he does have other skills such as personal stylist etc that would gain him other employment in New York not to mention his contacts so I do think one day he may be able to support himself without Eva's help. As for his romantic life that's a tough one just because of his bisexuality. So where does that leave Carey when Eva and Gideon marry? What does everyone think?

Hi Ssrph,

You make a good observation about Carey feeling displaced. As a reader I wonder whether it has always been just Carey and Eva. I also wonder when they both decided to start living together as roommates. It almost feels like Carey became part of Eva’s family but that they formed their own little family within that family.

I wonder if Carey is using Brett as a way to test Eva’s relationship with Gideon. If Gideon really loves Eva, then they will be able to overcome whatever obstacles are in their way. I wonder if Carey is perceptive enough to use conflict to get Gideon to open up. I hope that makes sense.

I am encouraged by Carey’s ability to maintain and thrive at his modeling career. It lets me know that Carey is well under way towards recovery. I am not so concerned about his love life in that somewhere deep down inside Carey knows who he is. I think that he was hurt when he finally found someone that he thought that he could connect with wanted him to be someone that he wasn’t or isn’t capable of being.

Hi LNConan,

Why does it have to be about Gideon’s childhood? Why not Eva?

I just have to state for the record that I love Christmas! So I really hope that there isn’t any horrid childhood memory having to deal with Christmas. Sigh! Then again the comments that Eva and Gideon made about Christmas and presents would permanently put a smile on my face! I think that anyone who didn’t like Christmas before this would definitely be converted after. :)

Ok so, Sylvia said the book picks up right where it left off..! So I don't think thoses are Christmas presents so to speak..! Because when RIY ended it was just July.! Don't think the first chapter takes up a full 5 months..! So what kind of gifts could they be..!!?

Hi MrsCrossfire,

What about the figurative translation of “Christmas in July� It is obvious that the boxes and wrappings are Christmas inspired. So the question is which Christmas is it?

I think that any gift from Gideon Cross would be a good gift! :)Oh please dear Sylvia, let those memories be good ones! Fingers crossed here! :)

Then I'm guessing it could be Snippet 2, which makes a joke about Christmas presents:

Here's the link to the full Snippet 2 -- http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/11/22/entwined-snippet-2/

The part about the joke is below:

(Eva says) "Waking up to you is like… presents on Christmas morning.â€

His mouth curved. “For your convenience, I’m already unwrapped. Batteries not required.â€

So they're in bed together. They've already made love repeatedly -- and as the snippet unfolds, they start to go at it again. But Eva's no longer crying nor Gideon shaking as they had been holding one another in the tear-jerker Snippet 9. In #2 they're teasing one another. So the make-up sex has gone very well -- and more importantly, the very serious talk they needed to have went extremely well.

And it would appear Gideon spent the whole night at Eva's. And ... they're having morning sex.

Can't resist some snark here -- Oh, Corrine, Corrine, Corrine, if you only knew, you lying b**** you. Only a couple of days ago, you tried tricking Eva into thinking you'd just finished having 20+ minutes of morning sex with Gideon in your own bed while Eva waited downstairs in your apartment building. Hah!!!!!

Hi LNCronan,

I can’t resist a little witty repartee myself…what only twenty minutes with Gideon? That alone should have told Corinne that she never stood a chance. :)

Hi LNCronan,

I can’t resist a little witty repartee myself…what only twenty minutes with Gideon? That alone should have told Corinne that she never stood a chance. :)

I'll bet 20 minutes tops is all Corrine ever got out of Gideon. One good s**** in the hotel bed, then send her on her way with his old stand-by excuse of "classes in the morning" so they wouldn't spend the night together. With Corrine, it was only sex. And poor Corrine never got the benefit of the considerable sexual skills Gideon later developed -- he was completely inexperienced with women prior to her.

With later sex partners, none of whom lasted, Gideon probably just called one up when he needed to blow off some steam. Never would he curl up with any of those women for hours. It was during these years too that Gideon learned, through having different women, the various ways to pleasure women. Make sure each of them came first, then he'd come himself. Maybe even have a second go-round if he was feeling extra h**** then send them on their way. Who were they to complain when he left, or had them leave, the hotel soon once he was done. He'd certainly have shown them a good time.

So it was true in a way when Gideon told Dr. Petersen he'd had more sex with Eva than in the prior two years combined. Because he was spending hours upon hours in bed with her, and even that wasn't enough. If Gideon could have had his way, every day and night would be like North Carolina -- just Eva without any clothes and without any outside distractions from the rest of the world.

At the risk of being the spelling and grammar police (because I am a professional writer.)

The name of Eva's best friend and roommate is Cary Taylor. That's Cary, not Carey-with-an-e.

O.K. ladies, you can now use against me one of Eva's favorite expressions, "Oh shut up." 

Hi MrsCrossfire,

What about the figurative translation of “Christmas in July� It is obvious that the boxes and wrappings are Christmas inspired. So the question is which Christmas is it?

I think that any gift from Gideon Cross would be a good gift! :)Oh please dear Sylvia, let those memories be good ones! Fingers crossed here! :)

Hi GiGi, I love your idea about Christmas in July and considering that Gideon's kisses are like gifts according to Eva it is so appropriate not to mention the other incredible skills he possesses!!

Hi LNCronan,

I think the really sad thing is that Gideon never really loved Corinne and that’s what would have made the sex empty in the long run. That is the saddest part of this entire part of the story. You are right that Corinne would have missed all of the cuddling, hugging, kissing, touching, all the good stuff that would make sex really great! Corinne never got the opportunity to hear Gideon whisper sweet nothings in her ear…sad!

I have said it before and I will keep saying it, I am sure that Corinne would have noticed each and every single time they didn’t’; cuddle, hug, touch, kiss or just spend time together. That’s what got to her in the end, even if she wasn’t able to verbalize it. Sex without love is apathetic at best and this was a man she was supposed to spend the rest of her life with. Imagine how Corinne must have felt. I suspect that she probably felt really empty and maybe even just a little bit used. It would really suck to love someone completely and not have them love you the same way. I think it would be really brutal and it would wreak havoc on a person’s self esteem.

It's sooo freaking weird that Corrine actually lives close to Gideon, like my God.

Also, why now has Corrine decided to come back after all these years of staying away. Why did she choose to come back now!!!! Something happened to make her feel "strong enough" to come back. Very intriguing.

Ps- someone commented about grammatical errors and I just want to point out that folks tend to think way faster than typing and ultimately despite the grammatical errors, we still understand the comments so I don't think its an issue. I for one have made significant grammatical errors