The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi KiMa,

Why do you think Corinne came back to New York? What is your theory? I agree that it is strange that Corinne chose an apartment right around the corner from Gideon. What I wonder is why that didn't set off alarm bells for Gideon. What do you think? :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think she believes Gideon needed her or that Gideon does actually need her to deal with issues that had nothing to do with Eva or Nathan. If Gideon asks her to come back or she thinks he did, I do believe that's the only reason she willingly did.

I am going to re-read from that perspective. Like go over things from the point her character came into play.

I am pondering this a bit...

Hi KiMa,

In a way you are right. Gideon does need Corinne, but not in the way that she thinks. Do you think that if they discussed this beforehand, she misunderstood or made wrong assumptions about what Gideon may have been asking for?

If Gideon is trying to fool the police like some have speculated, then it would be true. Gideon would need Corinne to help establish a false alibi in that he was no longer interested in Eva and was returning to the woman he once loved. Other than that, I can't see a scenario where Gideon would need Corinne. What do you think? Can you think of an alternate situation where this type of scenario could apply?

Don't think Gideon is involved with the killing of Nathan and the whole speculation about fooling the cops

There are much larger issues he is potentially dealing with and honestly it would be a total betrayal if he would trust Corrine in such a huge way with matters that involve Eva.

Think larger issue between him (again nothing to do with Eva nor Nathan) is at play

Think about it this way, he couldn't be himself with Corrine previously thus he would never be that communicative with Corrine about anything to do with Eva. I don't see it happening.

Still re-reading both books far that matter with fresher pair of eyes so something may click.

Also, I am resigned to wait for June and see what direction the story may have taken as well. Lol

It's sooo freaking weird that Corrine actually lives close to Gideon, like my God.

Also, why now has Corrine decided to come back after all these years of staying away. Why did she choose to come back now!!!! Something happened to make her feel "strong enough" to come back. Very intriguing.

Ps- someone commented about grammatical errors and I just want to point out that folks tend to think way faster than typing and ultimately despite the grammatical errors, we still understand the comments so I don't think its an issue. I for one have made significant grammatical errors

Hi KiMa --

I was trying to be silly about spelling and grammar on a simple misspelling issue. In hindsight I ought to have left the word grammar out -- and worked harder to convey the silly part about the spelling of Cary's first name. Many, many apologies. It's a bad habit folks who write for a living do.

May you ladies all throw dictionaries at me and chase me off the board if I ever turn into one of those annoying grammar cops. Or better yet, sic someone from Penguin Books on me, because there are folks there who edit for a living and can easily start pointing out my own errors. Er, maybe don't bother someone at Penguin, because they have better use of their time doing their crucial part of the process in getting authors' books out. Like Sylvia's.

It's meant to be all in good fun here, especially because all of us have a passion for the written word -- because we read. And we enjoy what we read so much, we discuss it. Book clubs rock.

I can't seem to get the smiley face function to work, but if I could, I'd send you a long line of smiley faces with one winking at the very end.

Hi LN Cronan, I can't get my smiley face function to work either so if anyone can clue me in please do...And even though I don't write for a living I am somewhat of a spelling nerd also so I take no offense. It is so easy to get carried away in our replies since we are so excited about our topics and to pass the time until June 4th LOL

Nope -- I think the location was ALL Corrine's idea. As part of a plot to be able to weasel her way into getting Gideon to invite her up to his own apartment.

Based on the fact the only place he used to f*** Corrine is one hotel, and based on the fact he's never invited any women up to where he's living now, it's probably a safe bet he rarely, if ever, invited Corrine into wherever he was living back when they were dating. At best, he may have had her come over (but not laid a hand on her there) after they became engaged.

But now thanks to the ever-catty Magdalene, it's a safe bet Corrine knows Gideon is capable of doing the nasty almost anywhere -- because he was caught red-handed doing so with Eva in the library of his parents' mansion.

So getting Gideon to invite Corrine into his penthouse might eventually lead to all sorts of possibilities.

Or, at the very least to start, making it plausible and all too easy for Corrine to drop by unexpectedly when Eva's there. Just like the fundraiser Corrine crashed, if Gideon invited Corrine in and started talking with her in front of Eva, Eva's going to get really mad at him -- exactly what happened at the fundraiser.

Hi KiMa --

I was trying to be silly about spelling and grammar on a simple misspelling issue. In hindsight I ought to have left the word grammar out -- and worked harder to convey the silly part about the spelling of Cary's first name. Many, many apologies. It's a bad habit folks who write for a living do.

May you ladies all throw dictionaries at me and chase me off the board if I ever turn into one of those annoying grammar cops. Or better yet, sic someone from Penguin Books on me, because there are folks there who edit for a living and can easily start pointing out my own errors. Er, maybe don't bother someone at Penguin, because they have better use of their time doing their crucial part of the process in getting authors' books out. Like Sylvia's.

It's meant to be all in good fun here, especially because all of us have a passion for the written word -- because we read. And we enjoy what we read so much, we discuss it. Book clubs rock.

I can't seem to get the smiley face function to work, but if I could, I'd send you a long line of smiley faces with one winking at the very end.

God you ladies all seriously rock!!!!

And I think it's a hoot that some of us get the smileys to work while others can't.

I can't get them to work, but somehow I can manage to access an edit function that lets me go in and clean up my own errors. So I hereby vow to never again mention another spelling issue.

Hi LNCronan,

I was thinking about what you wrote and what Gideon had said about him never having had any woman up to his apartment. I would have to wonder how long Gideon had been living in that apartment first and second if Gideon ever had any woman up to any apartment he may have been living in at the time. He separated sex from his personal life completely so I wonder how he would have integrated the two.

Gideon was so specific with regards to his sexual practices so how could he have explained not having sex anywhere else but at his hotel and even worse how could he have explained why he wouldn’t have Corinne over to his apartment?

Again I also have to wonder how Corinne would have reacted when she learned about Gideon’s quirks. Could you imagine being with a man who could only have sex at a hotel (a specific hotel no less- his f*** pad) or that you couldn’t have sex with your fiancée at his home or even be invited to spend the night with him there (or anywhere)? Again, I don’t think that was lost on Corinne. We as outsiders are sitting and shaking our heads, but imagine how Corinne must have felt being faced with that kind of situation.

I find it hard to believe that Corinne would have just kept making up excuses for all of Gideon’s really odd behaviour. It doesn’t make sense. What does everyone think?

How did Gideon explain to Corinne why he didn't want to stay over at the hotel on weekend nights.....no school the next day?

Did Corinne ever ask Gideon about his new ring?  How would he explain that?

I still don't understand the whole sex swing concept?  Perhaps he went to a dom/sub training class early on before college, like Christian Grey in 50 Shades.

After Gideon's fight with Brett, Gideon took off to the Outer Banks with Eva, having no clothes, purse, cell phone and probably no birth control pills. Maybe she'll turn up pregnant early in EWY. It's too soon to tell at this point. Also, how did she get back to Manhattan without her bra, panties, etc?

I need help clearing these topics up.  Thanks to anyone who can help!

Today the next clue is out....chapter 2.  Maybe a snippet, too.

Sylvia said that EWY only takes up the next two weeks in their lives.  But we still haven't heard about the 4th book.  Certainly, EWY can't finish their story if it only covers the next two weeks.

How did Gideon explain to Corinne why he didn't want to stay over at the hotel on weekend nights.....no school the next day?

Did Corinne ever ask Gideon about his new ring?  How would he explain that?

I still don't understand the whole sex swing concept?  Perhaps he went to a dom/sub training class early on before college, like Christian Grey in 50 Shades.

After Gideon's fight with Brett, Gideon took off to the Outer Banks with Eva, having no clothes, purse, cell phone and probably no birth control pills. Maybe she'll turn up pregnant early in EWY. It's too soon to tell at this point. Also, how did she get back to Manhattan without her bra, panties, etc?

I need help clearing these topics up.  Thanks to anyone who can help!

Today the next clue is out....chapter 2.  Maybe a snippet, too.

Sylvia said that EWY only takes up the next two weeks in their lives.  But we still haven't heard about the 4th book.  Certainly, EWY can't finish their story if it only covers the next two weeks.

Hi barbiemitch you bring up an interesting point about the birth control pills but in the book it does state that the bathroom was stocked with all of Eva's usual toiletries so I assume the birth control pills are included unless Gideon wants to be a daddy in the foreseeable future.LOL

IT'S TUESDAY, WHICH MEANS IT'S SNAPSHOT DAY (Doing the happy dance.)

Here's the link for our Chapter Three snapshot: www.sylviaday.com/2013/03/26/entwined-snapshot-3

In case any of you cannot temporarily view it, because the traffic jam of fans rushing to the page sends the server down temporarily, it is a picture of a nice cup of coffee set on a beige tablecloth. Next to it is a piece of paper with most of the word "Business" (it's a little off to the side and kinda cropped; there's no text, like it's a memo or anything.

Here are a few theories I'm tossing out. But first, a couple of things worth noting, because they all ties into my theories:

1. In Bared, Eva had begun working with her boss Mark on an account to come up with a clever way of marketing blueberry flavored coffee. In fact, Eva showed some real initiative, including coming up with a great idea on her own about how to market the stuff. Mark, whose job it is to come up with the ideas, liked Eva's suggestion so much that (giving total credit to her) decided to run with it.
  2. The story always has been is from Eva's point of view, and thus far in the past two books, nearly everything work-related has been related to Eva's job at the advertising agency. (With only a few rare exceptions of Gideon mentioning Cross Industries stuff in passing to Eva, all the work related stuff in Bared and Reflected has been about Eva's budding career in advertising. In fact, much of the early chapters of Bared concern Eva's brand new career. Eva's career is a very important part of the novels.
  3. Because we are still very early in Entwined, it is likely that this chapter continues to unfold some of the Eva work-related stuff that first began in Bared and Reflected.
  4. Chapter One of Entwined picked up immediately where Reflected ended, and Reflected ended on Wednesday evening with Eva on Gideon's doorstep.
  5. I'm pretty certain Chapter Two involved Gideon and Eva waking up together Thursday morning at her apartment.
  6. My guess is Chapter Three involves Eva at work on Thursday.

Throwing out for fun and consideration (and lots of back and forth) a couple of theories. First are my theories that the blueberry coffee account comes into play in Chapter Three: 

• Eva's probably getting big kudos at work for her brilliant idea on the blueberry coffee account, which is to market it as a indulgence like tea-with-crumpets. And in recent weeks, she's been working her b*** off especially hard, because burying herself in work ever since things turned sour with her love life.  
  • Maybe Thursday is the day they land the coffee account. Perhaps they'll even let Eva do some account executive work on it (presently she's only Mark's admin assistant, which makes her entry-level. Mark himself is just a junior-level account executive, still relatively new to the field.)
  • If they land the coffee account thanks to Eva, it'd be a much-needed boost to her standing at the agency, especially because of a recent black mark against her -- the Kingsman Vodka account. She helped her boss work on the vodka account back in June when she first joined the firm, and the agency first landed the account. That account was with Cross Industries. Eva had first started sleeping with Gideon Cross while helping on that account, and some people might suspect the whole reason Gideon gave the account to the agency at all was so he could seduce Eva.
  • Actually, some of that is true, at least as far as Gideon using the vodka account to seduce Eva. Gideon specifically sought out Eva's immediate boss and gave the guy the account as part of Gideon's early push to get Eva to finally agree to sleep with him. Her coming into contact with Gideon because of that account is part of the process where he finally wore her down. This all happened in the early days of Bared, before they ended up boyfriend and girlfriend and then fell in love.
  • It got very uncomfortable once Gideon clearly starting behaving like he was done with Eva for good. He was cold as ice around her in the middle of a huge meeting key agency people had with him up in his offices about that account. In fact, he pointedly ignored her in front a meeting room full of people, from her immediate boss, Mark, to one of the agency owners. Fortunately, they didn't lose the account, and no one reprimanded Eva for becoming sexually involved with a client. For one thing, she's not involved with Gideon anymore. But still .......

More potential stuff arising directly from past story threads in Bared and Reflected that tie directly to Eva's job and her work-related social life, and where some of that stuff might lead next, early in Entwined:

• Through work, Eva has become friends with Shawna, who for all intents and purposes is her boss Mark's sister-in-law. (Shawna's brother is Mark's long-term same-sex partner, whom he's been with since they were in college).
  • Maybe Shawna and Eva have decided to go out partying after work (perhaps to that nightclub we saw in snippets 7 and 8?) Shawna's a bit of a party girl. She does have a boyfriend, but he's temporarily over in Europe. Shawna has invited Eva along for a "girls night out" with some of her friends. 
  • Weeks ago, Shawna took Eva and now-ex-boyfriend Gideon to a Six-Ninths concert -- which ended pretty badly, and appears to be the reason why Shawna might assume Gideon dumped Eva. Shawna saw practically the whole thing - turned out lead singer Brett Klein is Eva's ex, and he wrote the song "Golden" about Eva. Gideon caught her making out with Brett outside in the parking area after the concert. Gideon had his driver/bodyguard remove Eva from his sight, and he proceeded to beat Brett up.
  • Last weekend, after weeks of crying over Gideon walking away from her, Eva got a sexy make-over. Now the weekend's almost her, and she's feeling more like her old self. Actually, better than old -- she's "New Eva" looking hot and ready for the guys to throw themselves at her feet.
  • Eva's also become friends with the agency's main receptionist, Megumi. They've gone out to lunch together several times. The most recent time had been on Monday, when they brought along new-hire Will. Eva's been helping Will settle in to his entry level job, and he's grateful. They're strictly on a work level though - Will's just moved in with his girlfriend.
  • Megumi and Will might still be gossiping (in a friendly way) about what happened Monday when they were boarding a crowded elevator down in the lobby level to go back upstairs. Gideon jumped into the elevator too. Eva went to get off at the 20th floor along with Megumi and Will, but Gideon asked her "wait." So she apparently went up to the top floor with him, where his office is. She wasn't gone very long though, and when she came back, she dismissively told Megumi the guy is a "total head trip" and Eva snarked "I should just write a book."
  • In terms of the police investigation problem though, Megumi and Will witnessing Gideon going after Eva in the elevator Monday, and then her going off to talk with him, has serious potential consequences. Not that Megumi and Will would know it, but it had been the first time in weeks Gideon dared contact Eva in any way whatsoever -- and did so by approaching her in front of coworkers no less. No one can dare think Gideon still even cares about Eva (much less loves her with all his heart). Too dangerous.
  • So now Eva might (plotting with Gideon) start oh-so-carefully spreading gossip that when she rode up to Gideon's office on Monday, she only did it to tell him off and make him leave her the h*** alone. He's a "head case." They do need to worry about the cops maybe poking around. Because there's lobby-level security camera footage of Gideon getting on the same elevator Eva had just boarded with Megumi and Will. Gideon obviously was worried enough about that video he went out of his way to make sure there was video of him leaving with Corrine the end of that same workday, the pair of them climbing into his car to go somewhere after work.

OK, ladies -- jump in. Any more thoughts? 

Maybe Cross Industries is going to acquire the blueberry coffee company due to its recent success and since Eva and Gideon love coffee it certainly would be good for them!! Just trying for a little humor until June 4th LOL

Maybe Gideon's going to buy her the coffee company for a wedding present, giggle, giggle.

But honesty. I think it involves Eva all on her own, as a very smart woman with talent quickly starting to establish herself in her chose field of advertising. She doesn't need Gideon helping her out -- none of that "You Cross, me Cross Woman" malarkey. Gideon has now figured out the only time Eva's ever submissive (and only most of the time) is when they're making love.

She doesn't need Gideon's help career-wise, though he does owe her in a way. He'd best leave her alone for now, especially because people know the only other time he got her involved in an advertising account, it started out with him doing so to seduce her. It was humiliating for her when the relationship ended badly. 

During That Week (in fact, the Thursday on which Nathan died) Gideon totally ignored her in front of important people at work during a big meeting on the Kingsman Vodka account. Worse, without any knowledge to Eva's agency (they handle only the advertising) Gideon had his own PR people set up a publicity party for Kingsman Vodka. The party was after business hours the same day as that meeting where Eva had been humiliated. No one from Eva's agency was invited. In fact, Gideon brought Corrine to the party instead.

Eva's birth control is never stated as being the pill. Plenty of other contraceptive methods.

I don't think Gideon is ready to be a daddy yet.

Eva could just as easily be on the birth control shot. It's a long-acting form of progesterone, a hormone that is naturally manufactured in the ovaries. The shot is given as an injection in the upper arm or in the buttocks once every 3 months. In fact, that happens to be the form of birth control used in Fifty Shades of Grey.