Audio Book

Country914

Does anybody listen to BTY/RIY on audio book?  I originally got them to keep me occupied at the gym.  However, I am so hooked that I keep my ear buds in every second of the day that I can.  I have even learned to work and listen at the same time!  Jill Redfield has the most fantastic voice, not only as Eva, but as Gideon and every other character.  That's SO rare in an audio book for someone to pull that off.  I have lost track of how many times I have listened to both books.  I absolutely cannot wait for EWY. 

As a warning to anyone who has the books, transitioning to audio book may not work for you.  My girlfriend has the books and when I let her listen to it on my IPod, she didn't like it.  She said she had the sound of their voices in her head that she created as she read, and the voice she was hearing was not it.  Oh well!!! 

If I was gay or a guy, I would want to marry her just so I could listen to her voice every day.  HAHA

I am a member of Audible and own both of these books and have RIY pre-ordered already.  I listen to Audiobooks on my iPhone all day at work and try not to blush too much.  My hubby teases me because I like to read a book and then listen to the audio, I tell him that it gives me a 3D vision of the books that I just read.  Anyway I am hooked on audiobooks.  I personally think that an audiobook is better after I have read the book, because then I know what is internal thoughts and not verbalized thoughts. 

:) :) :) I also have on Dublin street on audio and love listening to that to..!

I want to read that book because I use to live in Dublin as a kid. Never read a synopsis though.

I cannot read/listen audiobooks because I can never digest it. I have to read it myself to understand and remember what I read.

I want to read that book because I use to live in Dublin as a kid. Never read a synopsis though.

I cannot read/listen audiobooks because I can never digest it. I have to read it myself to understand and remember what I read.

I have to read the books before I listen to them too..! I plan on reading EWY and then listening to it while I read it again when it comes out..!! Lol

• 2 months later...

I am a member of Audible and own both of these books and have RIY pre-ordered already.  I listen to Audiobooks on my iPhone all day at work and try not to blush too much.  My hubby teases me because I like to read a book and then listen to the audio, I tell him that it gives me a 3D vision of the books that I just read.  Anyway I am hooked on audiobooks.  I personally think that an audiobook is better after I have read the book, because then I know what is internal thoughts and not verbalized thoughts. 

I did the same thing (read then listen) with EWY.

I have all three books on Audio and FSOG on Audio, I listen to them at night and while driving to work and sometimes just in bed when there is nothing on TV I love them and the lady who narrates them is brilliant :) :)

• 3 months later...

I just got the audio books and I've read all the novels. I do like the reader's impressions of almost every character. I hate her portrayal of Gideon though lol. I'm just at BTY and I listen at work.

Hi GoshDarnit,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Your Maltese photo is also really cute!  I have a few of my own Maltese dogs. :)

I have an Audible account and listen to Audiobooks including but not limited to the Crossfire Series on my Iphone.  I listen in my car, while working around the house and at work.  It is often times at work that I double check to make sure my headphones are plugged in tight.  I have been pretty happy with the audibooks that I have listened to.  The only one that I can think of that I really didn't like, was the FSOG trilogy, Becca's voice didn't do the job for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I do..! I'm the same way, I can't stop listening to BTY and RIY..!

Does anybody listen to BTY/RIY on audio book?  I originally got them to keep me occupied at the gym.  However, I am so hooked that I keep my ear buds in every second of the day that I can.  I have even learned to work and listen at the same time!  Jill Redfield has the most fantastic voice, not only as Eva, but as Gideon and every other character.  That's SO rare in an audio book for someone to pull that off.  I have lost track of how many times I have listened to both books.  I absolutely cannot wait for EWY. 

As a warning to anyone who has the books, transitioning to audio book may not work for you.  My girlfriend has the books and when I let her listen to it on my IPod, she didn't like it.  She said she had the sound of their voices in her head that she created as she read, and the voice she was hearing was not it.  Oh well!!! 

If I was gay or a guy, I would want to marry her just so I could listen to her voice every day.  HAHA

I listen to them all the time as well, I love the audio books, I have Entwined on Audio as well :)

HI Everyone,

I had a quick question for anyone who has listened to the audio book;  Are there two actors portraying Gideon and Eva or is it just one person?  If it is one person, doesn't that person's voice sound a little feminine when doing the male voice, or vice versa? 

There is only one narrator/reader her name is Jill Redfield and he has done all three books.  I think that Jill does a good job.  I have listened and own well over 20 audiobooks and can tell you, in my opinion, that the person on the audiobook can definately ruin a book for me and I do NOT feel that way about Jill.  If you go onto Audible (the service I use) you can pull up the books and listen to part of it.  I am not sure which part they sample but it will give you an idea. 

Most of the narrators/readers do change their voice when doing people of different ages, genders, ethnicities, etc.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I just one more quick question on the subject; is/are said actors able to realistically sell the book (so to speak)?  Is he/she believeable in their telling of the story? Thanks everyone.  :)

The person reading the book isn't trying to be the characters (in my opinion) it is more like going to the library or book store for a book reading.  I like to close my eyes and let my imagination take over as she reads to me. 

There is only one narrator/reader her name is Jill Redfield and he has done all three books.  I think that Jill does a good job.  I have listened and own well over 20 audiobooks and can tell you, in my opinion, that the person on the audiobook can definately ruin a book for me and I do NOT feel that way about Jill.  If you go onto Audible (the service I use) you can pull up the books and listen to part of it.  I am not sure which part they sample but it will give you an idea. 

Most of the narrators/readers do change their voice when doing people of different ages, genders, ethnicities, etc.

The person reading the book isn't trying to be the characters (in my opinion) it is more like going to the library or book store for a book reading.  I like to close my eyes and let my imagination take over as she reads to me. 

Hi Fayeth and Sharon,

Thanks for the information.  I like the idea of being able to listen to a preview of an audio book to see if I like it.  I agree that if a person's voice and they way they emote their voice, could definitely sway me into liking or disliking a book.  A preview is a great idea!  Thanks again.  :)

Oh I have loved this trilogy so much so that I have read all 3 books 5 times over and just cant wait till no 4 comes out.  can I ask please where can you get the audios in the UK I would love love to get them and listen to see if I enjoy it just as much.

Audible.co.uk have all three that's were I've got mine from.

There's different formats too choose from . I've got them on my iPad iPhone and even on my PC .

I love listening on my iPhone when I'm out walking the dog.

Jill Redfield has got a really easy to listen to voice .