OFFICIAL MORE THAN 3 BOOKS

Donnad

The happily ever after I see at the end of Entwined will be the end of the fighting between Gideon and Eva. They'll have both gotten past their insecurity and jealousy issues. They'll finally trust one another, and Gideon will at last practice total honesty with Eva.

But there could still be outside battles to fight. Dr. Lucas. Christopher Sr. and Christopher Jr. Additional characters we've not yet met who were involved in the cover-up. Perhaps even the man who raped Gideon as a kid. 

Sylvia has been clear the reason the story will extend beyond the original plan for a trilogy is because Gideon still has a lot of work to do. I can see present-day blowback from confronting the people involved in the past being a catalyst for Gideon continuing to face the dark past.

Plus there is still the specter that the murder case will continue to hang in the background, especially if no one ends up being charged during the two weeks Entwined unfolds. It'd turn into an unsolved and eventually a cold case, but there is no statute of limitations on homicide, so unsolved and cold cases never truly disappear -- unlike all other serious crime cases, where after a certain number of years pass, the door forever slams shut on arresting someone.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The happily ever after I see at the end of Entwined will be the end of the fighting between Gideon and Eva. They'll have both gotten past their insecurity and jealousy issues. They'll finally trust one another, and Gideon will at last practice total honesty with Eva.

But there could still be outside battles to fight. Dr. Lucas. Christopher Sr. and Christopher Jr. Additional characters we've not yet met who were involved in the cover-up. Perhaps even the man who raped Gideon as a kid. 

Sylvia has been clear the reason the story will extend beyond the original plan for a trilogy is because Gideon still has a lot of work to do. I can see present-day blowback from confronting the people involved in the past being a catalyst for Gideon continuing to face the dark past.

Plus there is still the specter that the murder case will continue to hang in the background, especially if no one ends up being charged during the two weeks Entwined unfolds. It'd turn into an unsolved and eventually a cold case, but there is no statute of limitations on homicide, so unsolved and cold cases never truly disappear -- unlike all other serious crime cases, where after a certain number of years pass, the door forever slams shut on arresting someone.

I believe that too

Can someone tell me how will we read the first chapter on May 7th?? Were will be posted??

I'm hoping it might be available for electronic download on e-readers. On my Kindle, I've sometimes seen first chapters of forthcoming books by popular authors released early as a way to build excitement and drum up pre-orders.

It's a 21st century version of what's sometimes done when a hardcover best-seller later comes out in paperback -- the very end of the paperback version sometimes contains an excerpt, or even the whole first chapter, of the next forthcoming book by that author. I've seen this sometimes with books by Stephen King and also with Michael Connolly.

With Connolly's most recent novel, I read the first chapter online before the formal release date for the whole book.

Sylvia knows how much we love this story. She knows we need a HEA.

Surely a police inquiry, unless there's concrete evidence, will take longer than 2 weeks?

I think we have been watching too many CSI episodes! Lol

If, as another member wrote, that the third book could end on a cliff hanger. I hope to god not. My heart couldn't stand it. Does this mean there could be an arrest? My money's on Monica. In my book Gideon is innocent, can't do no wrong in my eyes! Lol

Hi Julie54,

I agree with your thoughts. I don't think that if Gideon did indeed kill Nathan (which I personally don't think), it would surely take longer than two weeks to sort out a legal mess.  I think that we have all been watching too many CSI and Criminal Minds episodes. :)  

I don't know if I would like the storyline ending with a cliff hanger...sigh!  That would mean that I would have to wait another...how many more months before I got answers?!  Sigh!  My money is on Monica too!  Maybe Sylvia will pin this murder on some other scumbag who has committed many horrible crimes or maybe Monica could plead temporary insanity.   Which is where I will be headed if I have to wait another six plus months to get answers.  Sigh! :)

Can someone tell me how will we read the first chapter on May 7th?? Were will be posted??

Hi Jeanmarie,

I think that Sylvia would post the first chapter of the third book on her www.sylviaday.com website.  I think there must be a section somewhere or you could use her search engine that would link you to the first chapter of the up-coming book.

Another website that sometimes posts previews of up-coming books is also www.goodreads.com .  All you would have to do is use that websites' search engine and look up Sylvia Day's book.  I hope that helps. :)

Hi Gigi

HEA is our Happy Ever After, which we all want for our pair of love birds!

Im glad we are both on the same page about Monica. But I have a nagging doubt about Victor. Part of me thinks he knew about Eva's abuse all along, and has been keeping tabs on Nathan. Was it just coincidence that he came to New York on the same day as Nathan was murdered? Hmmm?

Answers on a postcard!!

The Sylvia radio interview is still in progress between songs. Besides dropping the bomb Gideon did it, another big revelation is Crossfire might even go into a fifth novel -- "I need to tell the story and however long it will take to tell" is how Sylvia put it, explaining to the host that the three books thus far cover only two months of the relationship.

BTW, I want to compliment the host, Phil Martinez, for doing his homework. He obviously read Reflected.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the information. :)  I wonder what Sylvia will come up with if she extends the series to five books?  Thus far, we the readers have had to suffer through, long agonizing waits (for the books),  and only two week increments.  If this keeps up, I will probably have found a husband, gotten married and maybe even had a child before Eva and Gideon finish working out their issues (just kidding...sort of :)).  :)

Thank you GIGI...I'm still sitting here with my mouth open after the news..I didn't have an opinion either way but now I know he did it I feel alittle sad ...LOL..wow does he love her heart and soul..

Like Eva tells Gideon in one of the snippets"you've got it real bad for me" YES HE HAS!!!

Hi everyone,

I have to say that I am a little sad.  Our beloved Gideon is now a murderer.  That kind of stinks!  I was really hoping that someone else did the "dirty Nathan deed".  I know this is supposed to be an erotic romance, but I don't find it all that romantic that Gideon killed Nathan.

Yes, yes I know that Nathan was scum.  I just wish it was someone else.  Is anyone else disappointed by this news?  What does everyone else think? 

Hi everyone,

I have to say that I am a little sad.  Our beloved Gideon is now a murderer.  That kind of stinks!  I was really hoping that someone else did the "dirty Nathan deed".  I know this is supposed to be an erotic romance, but I don't find it all that romantic that Gideon killed Nathan.

Yes, yes I know that Nathan was scum.  I just wish it was someone else.  Is anyone else disappointed by this news?  What does everyone else think? 

I'm disappointed to hear that Gideon killed Nathan I was hoping for a twist and it to have been someone else with a little help from Gideon .

But I am looking forward to reading how Sylvia deals with it.

How will Gideon not go down for murder ? Because Eva and Gideon need to be together .

A 4th, possibly 5th, book? I'm jumping to the ceiling like Tigger!!!Thanks to these pages, we'll be able to while away the long dreadful time before the books are released. But we are all accustomed to DELAYED GRATIFICATION by now, aren't we?

• 1 month later...