Gideon DID kill Nathan -- that's official from Sylvia in a live interview

LN Cronan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interview is still in progress between songs. Besides dropping the bomb Gideon did it, another big revelation is Crossfire might even go into a fifth novel -- "I need to tell the story and however long it will take to tell" is how Sylvia put it, explaining to the host that the three books thus far cover only two months of the relationship.

BTW, I want to compliment the host, Phil Martinez, for doing his homework. He obviously read Reflected.

Kansas radio station, which is available via live Internet stream. Several of us have been listening in. Earlier today on her Facebook page, Sylvia announced she was going to be a guest this afternoon, and she included the web link to listen to the station's live stream.

There's an RT Booklover's Convention coming to Kansas City May 1 to 5, and Sylvia is slated to appear there. Today's radio interview is a lead up to that convention.

The live interview was done over telephone, with Sylvia on the line from Los Angeles.

The interview was done in segments between songs (and commercials too). I hung in there because I was still at work in my home office.

Summary of what we learned:

• Gideon did kill Nathan.
  • Crossfire might go into a 5th book.
  • Confirmation that start to finish thus far (start of Bared to the end of Entwined) covers only two months of the relationship with no jumps forward in time. (Thus the fact subsequent novels will come -- as long as it takes for Sylvia to tell the story).
  • As for will Gideon and Eva end up together, the answer was "Can you imagine either of those characters letting the other go?"

This ups the ante on the whole need to continue to keep secret the fact Gideon never stopped loving Eva -- the motive he loved her enough to kill to protect her. Because he did do it. Detective Graves knows it. And she's already broken his alibi.

Of the various ways the investigation could finally end, now OFF the table is "someone else did it."

Nope, snapshot # 2 was related to the snippet where Gideon and Eva wake up together in her bed in chapter 2, with Eva joking that waking up with him is like waking up to presents on Christmas.

Yup.. So chapter 2 they wake together, this will probably be the point when they discuss how their going to see each other and phone calls.... Etc..!!

We're getting Chapter One early, ahead of June 4, and I'm guessing now that it's the chapter in which Gideon confesses to Eva. Now it makes more sense to me why Sylvia confirmed today in that radio interview Gideon killed Nathan.

She must have had a blast these past few months reading all sorts of different theories people were discussing.

it!!!

Thank you ladies for listening and letting us know details of the interview.

It's a sad sad day I the UK! I was rooting for Monica, but I think I knew deep down that Gideon was responsible. Sigh.

Sylvia is a little minx! I think she is having fun at our expense. Bet she loves these pages.

I can wait for books 4 and 5, my patience is going to be tested to the limits!!!

Omg!!! Now that we know for sure Gideon killed Nathan personally the only way I can think he got away from Corinne long enough was to tell her he was going to talk to the fire fighters or the manager of the hotel. Talk to them just long enough to establish he actually talked to them then snuck out. Here lies another problem if Corinne starts to figure out that she's being used as a ruse and figures out what Gideon did for Eva. Will she remain a loyal friend to Gideon or will the expression He** hath no fury like a woman scorn become Corinne. Because I can easily her not ratting Gideon out but no longer helping him.

Omg!!! Now that we know for sure Gideon killed Nathan personally the only way I can think he got away from Corinne long enough was to tell her he was going to talk to the fire fighters or the manager of the hotel. Talk to them just long enough to establish he actually talked to them then snuck out. Here lies another problem if Corinne starts to figure out that she's being used as a ruse and figures out what Gideon did for Eva. Will she remain a loyal friend to Gideon or will the expression He** hath no fury like a woman scorn become Corinne. Because I can easily her not ratting Gideon out but no longer helping him.

I wonder whether Detective Graves questioned Corrine. If Graves did, Graves never told Eva -- but if it's true Graves is trying to trap Gideon, Graves would have told Eva only enough to get Eva to run back to Gideon.

All we know right now is what Eva knows -- and Eva's been kept in the dark about a lot of stuff. So we have to assume that some people, Graves included, are still keeping Eva in the dark about key things, telling Eva half-truths.

My own guess is that Graves did question Corrine right after Graves got confirmation from some hotel employee(s) there had been an hour-long disruption at the hotel where the party was. Not that I think Corrine could have told them anything beyond the fact she was Gideon's date that night, and yes, she did have to hang outside for a while along with everyone else (party guests and hotel guests alike.)

But now it could have Corrine wondering why the police even wanted to know about Gideon's movements that night. And could have Corrine -- a schemer -- digging to try to figure out why. If she finds out there's some sort of Eva connection -- oh, dear.

LN Cronan

No don't go down that road, but i have to admit, I think Corrine is going to remain a thorn in Eva's side. Don't think she will give Gideon up gracefully, even though she knows the relationship is going nowhere. I'm thinking Fatal Attraction here! The bunny boiler ain't going quietly!

Will she hook up with Christopher Jnr to plan revenge on Gideon and Eva ?

On the plus side, I think the Brett situation provides a much stronger safety-net cover story for Gideon and so Gideon no longer needs to rely on Corrine as his cover. He can pull away from her now. He no longer needs to pretend he picked Corrine over Eva when the much stronger story (bolstered by lots of witnesses) is that he "dumped" Eva over Brett.

• The fight outside the concert, witnessed by many people, of an enraged Gideon and of Eva being bodily dragged away by Gideon's bodyguard and Gideon's friend.
  • Videotape from the Crossfire security cameras showing Brett coming to the office tower several days later specifically to see Eva -- and Eva leaving the building with him.