Gideon DID kill Nathan -- that's official from Sylvia in a live interview

LN Cronan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longer Gideon and Eva wait to get back together publically the better. Because if the cops don't have any physical evidence againist him and they only were able to break his alibi based on eye witness accounts, over time witnesses forget little details and only remember things like Gideon being there.

Sorry I hit post but wasn't done writing. What I was saying is after so long a witness most likely won't remember at exactly what time they saw Gideon because it isn't important to their everyday life. So even though a murder investigation never closes, it will be much harder to prosecute Gideon on only witness statements.

Omg!!! Now that we know for sure Gideon killed Nathan personally the only way I can think he got away from Corinne long enough was to tell her he was going to talk to the fire fighters or the manager of the hotel. Talk to them just long enough to establish he actually talked to them then snuck out. Here lies another problem if Corinne starts to figure out that she's being used as a ruse and figures out what Gideon did for Eva. Will she remain a loyal friend to Gideon or will the expression He** hath no fury like a woman scorn become Corinne. Because I can easily her not ratting Gideon out but no longer helping him.

Hi Jennpenn926,

You bring up a really interesting point about Corinne.  I wonder whether Detective Graves did speak with Corinne the night of the Kingman Vodka Party.  I also wondered whether Corinne was starting to wonder whether Gideon was just using her (if in fact he was using her as a ruse).  There has been so much debate about that fact.

What I never stopped to considered is how Corinne would have reacted if Detective Graves questioned her the night of the party and let something slip along the lines of Gideon was using her.  I don't even know how Corinne would have reacted.  I would hope that she wouldn't have thrown Gideon under the bus, but with her mental stability...who knows?

Hi Julie54,

I think that Corinne will absolutely be the least of Gideon and Eva's problems.  I think that Nathan will remain the permanent thorn in both Gideon and Eva's side.  I also think that this is going to be a huge problem for these two in the future.

The longer Gideon and Eva wait to get back together publically the better. Because if the cops don't have any physical evidence againist him and they only were able to break his alibi based on eye witness accounts, over time witnesses forget little details and only remember things like Gideon being there.

Hi Jennpenn926,

Do you really think it matters whether Gideon and Eva stay apart?  How would that help Gideon's alibi?  They broke up, yes.  Eva cheated on Gideon (by kissing Brett) yes.  Gideon started seeing Corinne socially after the breakup, yes.  Gideon and Eva only dated for a matter of weeks before Eva broke up with him, yes.  So how could the detectives glean anything to help with their case from that?

I guess I just don't see Gideon and Eva getting back together as a terrible thing (from the perspective of it making Gideon look gulity and such).  Thus far, the detectives don't have any physical evidence (fibres, blood, fingerprints, etc) linking Gideon to Nathan's murder.  So what difference would it make if they got back together?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I still think he didn't kill Nathan! Unless I read it, and the real thing, I will forever maintain Gideon DIDN'T KILL Nathan!!!

Since she put it out there so randomly, then why wait till May to release a whole chapter??? She might as well release that specific chapter now!

Lol

Hi Gigi

Nathan is never going away. His spectre will always be lurking in the background.

Would you say this is a crime of passion?

Hi Julie54,

I am going to go with the very unpopular vote and say that this was absolutely a premeditated, cold and calculate murder.  I don't find it romantic in the least either.  There are so many other ways that Gideon, Monica and Stanton could have dealt with Nathan but the first thought that came to mind was murder?  I don't buy it. 

A crime of passion implies that the person snapped for whatever reason and then committed the crime (in this case murder), but by all accounts, Gideon may or may not have lured Nathan to his hotel with a bribe (or maybe Monica or Stanton offered this...who knows), met with him on at least one occasion, viewed photos and videos of Eva being brutally and repeatedly raped and tortured as a little girl, snapped and got into a fight with Nathan (yes I believe that Gideon punched Nathan several times-  the final one landed across Nathan's face), would have been made aware of Nathan circling the building on at least one other occasion, discussed Cary's attack with Monica at the hospital, began to separate himself from Eva after the attack, starting seeing Corinne socially, made sure that the hotel security cameras where Nathan was staying were down for repair, slipped away during a Kingman Vodka Party, made his way to the hotel where Nathan was staying, lured Nathan into opening the hotel room door, killed him and then made his way back the party like nothing ever happened.

I just don't see how those actions could be considered as crimes of passion.  I also don't think that "justifiable homicide" could be applied either.  It appears that Gideon was in control of his faculties and was also aware of his actions and their consequences at each and every single step of the way.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I still think he didn't kill Nathan! Unless I read it, and the real thing, I will forever maintain Gideon DIDN'T KILL Nathan!!!

Since she put it out there so randomly, then why wait till May to release a whole chapter??? She might as well release that specific chapter now!

Lol

Hi KiMa,

I agree with you! :)

Hi Julie54,

I think that Corinne will absolutely be the least of Gideon and Eva's problems.  I think that Nathan will remain the permanent thorn in both Gideon and Eva's side.  I also think that this is going to be a huge problem for these two in the future.

Couldn't agree more. I have said before I think Eva will feel a tremendous amount of guilt over this

OMG!!  I was not on this site for a couple of days and soo much has happened!

Gideon murdered Nathan and I understand why he did it.

*sigh* I wish he didn't murder Nathan but Gideon must have known "somehow" that Nathan was getting close to murdering Eva.

So many issues to be resolved-----I can see why it's going to take several books to resolve them...

I agree Nathan is going to be a thorn in Eva and Gideon's relationship .....*sigh*

LN Cronan

This storyline would hopefully keep Graves off of Gideons back. But at what point would it be safe for them to resume a normal relationship. What would be an acceptable time to get back together? As you said, a murder investigation never closes.

That's an excellent question, when would it be a safe time for them to get back together (openly, that is). That depends a lot on other factors we don't know about yet.

The "cover" does not need to go on forever. It does, however, need to be pretty much unbreakable that Gideon unquestioningly had good reason to have rejected Eva while Nathan was still very much alive and well. The tabloids could take the passionate kiss and the fight -- lurid in their own right -- and blow it out of proportion into full-fledged cheating. Try selling the public (and thus ultimately a jury) on the idea that a cheated-on Gideon would kill for Eva.

Ultimately, he could decide to "forgive" her and give her a second chance.

Note: The above, "plan B" (or Plan Brett as I'm calling it) is only one of some other possibilities. Plan Brett strictly handles Gideon's cover on the motive side of the case. There are other ways the case could go away. Another key scenario could be that the trap Graves has laid is set with bait that's now legal poison, which could make anything Graves gets inadmissible. In the middle of talking to Eva, Graves slipped up and asked Eva one question (getting Eva to admit she dumped Gideon on Saturday morning during the phone call he took at the police station.) Graves crossed the line into questioning Eva without Eva's lawyer present after Eva specifically invoked (when Graves first approached her) a refusal to talk (i.e. be questioned) without a lawyer.

How does Gideon get away with murder and stay with Eva? He must be tried and acquitted so if anyone ever does find out he won't be prosecuted again because of double jeopardy. Im with Kima I need to read ecxacly what happened day of murder.

Yes. I want to wait and at this point the entire series is completed as now I don't trust SD anymore. Unt I read the final page in this love story... Lol...

Hi Gigi .

Oh I think we are all over thinking this story, and it's outcome is going to be nothing like we are discussing.

But hey, it's great fun all this analysing . We could be feeding Sylvia's already overworked imagination. Lol

Hi Julie54,

I agree with you completely!  I think that once I threw out my scientific perspective of wait and see or "gather the evidence" first, it opened up a floodgate of theories and speculations!  I also think that was half the fun of this whole process!  I am however going to wait until I have printed evidence in my hands before I raise the "white flag" of defeat on who killed Gideon. :)

How does Gideon get away with murder and stay with Eva? He must be tried and acquitted so if anyone ever does find out he won't be prosecuted again because of double jeopardy. Im with Kima I need to read ecxacly what happened day of murder.

Hi Mrs.CrossXxXxX,

I agree with your point.  I too want to wait and see what will happen on June 4th.  Until then I am not going to "convict" Gideon of anything! I need evidence.  I need proof!  :)

Yes. I want to wait and at this point the entire series is completed as now I don't trust SD anymore. Unt I read the final page in this love story... Lol...

Hi KiMa,

I agree with you.  I think Sylvia has played with us too often (just kidding).  I want to hold that book in my hands and read it from myself before I say that Gideon killed Nathan.  I also agree that I will wait until the very last page of the series to finally raise my "white flag" of defeat.  I want to make sure that this wasn't some really bad dream on either Gideon or Eva's part. :)

Hi Gigi

I agree, until such time that Gideon physically tells me himself, that he did the dirty deed, that man is innocent. Sigh!

I can't believe he would risk prison or the death sentence, by killing Nathan. It would mean, yes Eva would be safe, but they would be apart forever or worse. Something isn't sitting right at the moment. Can't put my finger on it. Needing book three.

Hi Gigi

I agree, until such time that Gideon physically tells me himself, that he did the dirty deed, that man is innocent. Sigh!

I can't believe he would risk prison or the death sentence, by killing Nathan. It would mean, yes Eva would be safe, but they would be apart forever or worse. Something isn't sitting right at the moment. Can't put my finger on it. Needing book three.

Hi Julie54, 

I agree sister!  I need book three and four and five to confirm my suspicions that this was all just a rotten ruse! :)

Hi Julie54,

I also just wanted to add, that there were so many ways that Gideon Monica and Stanton could have all made Eva safe without having to kill Nathan.  It is too convenient for me.  All of them had every single advantage at their disposal (money, power, connections and even Nathan's stupidity in providing evidence of his crimes), so why resort to murder?  I too will wait until June 4th for my answers.

Couldn't agree more. I have said before I think Eva will feel a tremendous amount of guilt over this

Hi Sscrph,

At the end of the day, I don't think that guilt is romantic.  The whole notion of murder isn't romantic either.  I think that Eva would suffer unspeakably (for what Gideon may have done because of her/for her) and in the end it might tear Gideon and Eva apart.