Gideon DID kill Nathan -- that's official from Sylvia in a live interview

LN Cronan

LN Cronan

Because Chris Snr hushed up the abuse, I can see Gideon exacting his revenge via the shares he has in the record company, when the right time comes, ie after Ireland leaves the family home as we discussed before. He owes his family nothing. They owe him everything, poor lad. Angus was just biding his time with the Vidals probably keeping Gideon up to speed with what was going on in the home, and keeping a watchful eye on Ireland

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing -- if Angus secretly took into his own hands the stopping of Gideon's abuser, he could continue to remain employed as a servant in the Vidal household, where he could continue to watch over and protect Gideon as best he could physically as well as do what he could emotionally to try to help the poor kid. Gideon already had been a hot mess even before the abuse, because of his birth father's death. Throw onto the pile sexual abuse and you have a child in danger of drowning in the deep end, so to speak -- a child whose own mother failed to protect.

Someone made a huge difference in Gideon's life, looking at him today. Yes, underneath he is in some ways still a hot mess (so is Eva) but in other ways he is very self-sufficient and highly functioning. And still capable of feeling love, empathy, pity -- he's got a heart. 

Who is the only person from his childhood Gideon is close to? Angus.

So Sylvia is saying murder was the only option open to our hero.

No, I'm trying to present facts as we know them, without coloring it with my opinion. Because it doesn't matter what *I* would do, only what Gideon does and thinks and feels.

Eva is unbearably precious to Gideon. She says he's lightning in the darkness, the most beautiful and dangerous part of a storm. For him, she's the candle in the window, the bright light that brings him out of the cold and into a place where he can let down his guard and find shelter. Due to the actions of his parents, Gideon has felt unloved and unloveable his whole life, until the day he followed a gorgeous blonde into the Crossfire and she saw right through him.

I'm sure Gideon can't imagine a life without Eva in it. That the thought of losing her and what she brings to his existence must be impossible for him to bear. I can feel his panic when she pulls away even a little bit, it's very close to terror. Without that light in the window, he'd be out in the cold storm alone once again.

“It’s killing me. Being without you. Missing you. I feel like my fucking sanity depends on you, Eva, and you want me to be happy about that?” - Gideon, Entwined with You (New Years Eve Teaser)

I think the question, "What would you do for the person you love?" can't encompass the things Gideon does for Eva, because he doesn't simply love her. She's the reason he breathes and gets through his day and looks forward to the future when he never did before. If I felt that way about someone, what would I do to keep them safe from a proven threat? I know what I'd do for my children is limitless.

Hi Sylvia

Thank you for your explanation. Why, when I read that did my stomach knot? You have such a way with words, that brings the story to life.

Eva is Gideons safe haven, and he will protect her at all costs.

When Gideon whispers his version of "I love you", my thoughts were that he would say, "my heart, my soul and existence are yours forever Eva".

Yes I would protect my girls at all costs. Without question.

I just want to cuddle him and tell him that everything will be ok. I'd be a good mum to him.

No, I'm trying to present facts as we know them, without coloring it with my opinion. Because it doesn't matter what *I* would do, only what Gideon does and thinks and feels.

Eva is unbearably precious to Gideon. She says he's lightning in the darkness, the most beautiful and dangerous part of a storm. For him, she's the candle in the window, the bright light that brings him out of the cold and into a place where he can let down his guard and find shelter. Due to the actions of his parents, Gideon has felt unloved and unloveable his whole life, until the day he followed a gorgeous blonde into the Crossfire and she saw right through him.

I'm sure Gideon can't imagine a life without Eva in it. That the thought of losing her and what she brings to his existence must be impossible for him to bear. I can feel his panic when she pulls away even a little bit, it's very close to terror. Without that light in the window, he'd be out in the cold storm alone once again.

I think the question, "What would you do for the person you love?" can't encompass the things Gideon does for Eva, because he doesn't simply love her. She's the reason he breathes and gets through his day and looks forward to the future when he never did before. If I felt that way about someone, what would I do to keep them safe from a proven threat? I know what I'd do for my children is limitless.

^^^^THIS!!!!

No matter what we readers feel about what Gideon did, I think the one thing we can all agree on is why -- that he would do anything, would risk anything, to keep Eva safe.

One thing to add on my feelings about Sylvia's post a little while ago is thoughts on two words she used to describe Nathan - "proven threat" We don't know yet exactly what information or evidence Gideon obtained that proved just how much danger Eva was in, but it had to have been pretty bad.

Even the detective admitted to Eva that evidence the police found made them believe Nathan was going to kill her. "Usually when we find that sort of thing, it's too late." - Detective Graves, Reflected page 334

Maybe it was already on the brink of becoming too late, and Gideon found out -- found out things that even the police don't know about. After all, Gideon somehow found out well before the cops did that it was Nathan who'd nearly killed Cary. It's possible -- I think likely -- that the evidence against Nathan goes beyond what the cops uncovered after his body was found. Stuff a whole lot worse than proof Nathan was actively stalking Eva and already had amassed detailed information about Eva's daily schedule.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Gideon would have had Eva followed at all times.

The Saturday before the garden party, when Eva and Cary went shopping, she said she saw Gideon and black Bentley SUV's everywhere she looked. She probably thought she was seeing things because she was so upset over their breakup.

I'm sure Gideon would also have had Nathan tailed. So Gideon would have known every time Nathan went near Eva.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Gideon would have had Eva followed at all times.

The Saturday before the garden party, when Eva and Cary went shopping, she said she saw Gideon and black Bentley SUV's everywhere she looked. She probably thought she was seeing things because she was so upset over their breakup.

I'm sure Gideon would also have had Nathan tailed. So Gideon would have known every time Nathan went near Eva.

Gideon also did digging into Eva's past -- and tripped himself up by knowing, even before she'd told him, where she attended college. So what might have digging into Nathan's past unveiled?

New spoiler material Sylvia posted in this thread indicated Nathan was locked up in a mental institution, not juvenile detention, after being convicted of raping Eva. That was approximately ten years ago, and because Nathan was convicted as a juvenile, his criminal sentence would have been only a few years. Where has Nathan been in the years since then? In and out of mental institutions? Accused of, but never convicted of, other crimes of violence? Maybe charges that got dismissed because he had been incompetent to stand trial? Send him through another spin cycle of mental hospitalization and then let him loose on the streets again?

What did Gideon find out? He probably started digging immediately after Eva told him about Nathan and thus his investigation was weeks ahead of the police investigation (their's didn't start until after Nathan was found dead.) As and good as the resources of the NYPD are, Gideon could -- pun intended -- give them a real run for their money. He had the resources to hire the best private detectives in the world, many of them former cops themselves. Private detectives not constrained by rules of evidence the cops must adhere to. Private detectives  with the skills to bend and break rules -- and the willingness to do so in this case, not only because of the money but because of the nature of the sicko they were investigating? A child rapist? Heck, plenty of ex-cops would be happy to bend and break some rules there to get dirt on the dirtbag.

So who knows what Gideon found out? Stuff that the police probably still don't know about? It's possible. And when did he find out stuff? Maybe the same week Cary was attacked, Gideon received new information about Nathan. Gideon met with his security people at his apartment two nights before the killing. (This meeting isn't in Reflected, but Sylvia revealed a meeting happened in response to a spoiler question. Eva called Gideon that night in the middle of the meeting, from the hospital where she was by Cary's bedside. She figured out he wasn't alone, and he wouldn't explain -- and she jumped to the conclusion Corrine was at Gideon's apartment.)

LN Cronan

Just hoping that we the reader get to find out what Gideon already knows. Do you think Gideon will share this information, if it means getting him out of a sticky situation?

How much does Eva need to know? Knowing that the police are prowling about. Need to know basis?

"No, I'm trying to present facts as we know them, without coloring it with my opinion. Because it doesn't matter what *I* would do, only what Gideon does and thinks and feels."

I find this comment by Sylvia very intriguing....

It's as if Gideon "speaks" to her...

Is that what happens when you write a novel-----the characters "speak" to you?

LN Cronan

Just hoping that we the reader get to find out what Gideon already knows. Do you think Gideon will share this information, if it means getting him out of a sticky situation?

How much does Eva need to know? Knowing that the police are prowling about. Need to know basis?

Eva is now on a need to know basis about everything related to the killing and the subsequent investigation, because she now is actively part of the plan to prevent the authorities from attempting to charge Gideon with first-degree murder.

But more importantly, Gideon now knows two things:

• No matter how dark the secrets, Eva won't leave him even if she knows the worst.
  • He will, however, lose Eva forever if he starts shutting her out again. Secrecy and lies are her deal-breaker issue, and she'd already started taking the first steps toward a future without him because of it. 

Plus, there is one other way we readers can find out about some of the details of the dark secrets without Gideon going through with spilling every sordid detail to Eva. Sylvia can include passages from Gideon's point of view -- let us inside Gideon's head. Like she did in the New Year's teaser, the only look we've had inside him. 

"No, I'm trying to present facts as we know them, without coloring it with my opinion. Because it doesn't matter what *I* would do, only what Gideon does and thinks and feels."

The same way characters speak to us as readers inside our own heads. The first "reader" of a story is the person who writes it.

LN Cronan

Most of the later snippets that we have been given all point to our lovers being comfortable with each other. The New Years teaser was tense for obvious reasons. Once they have had their "chat" and Gideon opens up, their relationship can flourish.

I loved having a mans pov in the story. All romances are always from a female view. It's good to know what they think. Gives us girls a nice tingly feeling!

Makes perfect sense! These characters really are bigger than anything. They are that unique.

Ladies.

I just want to give them a big hug and tell them all will be ok.

I want to make right all the wrong in their lives. To take away their hurt, and give them back their childhood that they were both robbed of.

It makes me angry, that no one stood up for them, and protected them.

I want to protect them like my own children.

AAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're being tortured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job, KiMa, though, in grabbing the text of Snippet #11 and getting it here before the rush possibly temporarily swamps the server. And my math of noontime was off by two hours. I'm wondering whether a time difference from Sylvia's location was to blame. or maybe I've just not had enough coffee yet.

Sooooooo ..... is this snippet from the nightclub scene, after Gideon pinned Eva up against that wall and screwed her brains out? Her thanking him for all the work of just lifting her up, holding her there, and giving her a real reason to have had a very good time during girls' night out?

Yes I agree I think it's from the nightclub scene because Eva is standing LOL

Hi Sylvia

Thank you for your explanation. Why, when I read that did my stomach knot? You have such a way with words, that brings the story to life.

Eva is Gideons safe haven, and he will protect her at all costs.

When Gideon whispers his version of "I love you", my thoughts were that he would say, "my heart, my soul and existence are yours forever Eva".

Yes I would protect my girls at all costs. Without question.

I just want to cuddle him and tell him that everything will be ok. I'd be a good mum to him.

What about if Gideon whispers you're my heart meaning that he needs her to survive like a beating heart... I just can't wait till June 4th to find out about those whispers!!!