So would it make a difference if Gideon had killed Nathan himself rather then help plan it.?

I figured this is worth talking about

So to me, it doesn't matter because he still would be a murderer if he had knowledge of the murder before hand..!!

I'd rather much see him be punished for actually doing the deed himself rather than being punished for just knowledge of it.. Especially if the punishment holds the same value..!!

What does everyone think..?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought he didn't know murder was going to happen then found out who did it and kept quiet. I feel equally disturbed that he planned or did it himself. I don't care how much he loves Eva. There had to be another way. I wouldn't feel so bad had he framed Nathan for a crime. He would be if jail and possibly someone would have rapped him. He would know what it feels.

We've been warned all along that Entwined would go to some dark places.

If Gideon had to take the law into his own hands figuratively, at least he did so literally too. Had he taken the expected route of hiring a hitman, the blood still would have been on his hands figuratively. Instead, he was willing to literally get blood on his hands to make certain Nathan would never again endanger Eva.

Hi everyone,

I think that if Gideon plotted and planned Nathan's murder then we are talking about an entirely different scenario than if he killed Nathan in self defence.  That would be a hard thing to justify from my perspective.  I am not so sure that I would want to root for a character that could be that cold and calculated.  I have said it before and I will say it again, I will wait until June 4th to read for myself that Gideon killed Nathan.  I find it all too suspicious that Sylvia would release such a storyline bomb so close to the release of her next book, especially since she has been so tight lipped about this entire subject. 

I don't know that Gideon planned and plotted the murder. Maybe when he was keeping his distance from Eva, he was thinking he was protecting her because he possibly hoped Nathan wouldn't feel the need to harm her. If she wasn't involved with anyone then Gideon may have hoped that would keep Nathan away from Eva.

The story played out looking like Gideon was pre meditating murder. Maybe that's not actually what Gideon planned at all.

I say thank goodness Gideon killed Nathan. He was gonna kill Eva. I for one know that if anyone ever touched my nieces in any sexual way I will kill them with my bare hands. Nathan had it coming. Too bad it took years. I am team Gideon all the way.

Yes I know deep down that Gideon killed Nathan, but I was hoping Monica was going to step up to the plate and kill Nathan and be a decent mum for a change, instead of a shallow trophy wife. Either way, Eva is going to feel quilty, that someone would risk everything for her. Jail time isn't a picnic, not that I know! Lol

Morning ShazScott1980

Hahaha.

I notice Gideons name was missing from your list!

We could turn this into Cluedo. We know where the murder was committed and with what, we just need a jury to decide who? Yes I know Sylvia said Gideon. But I'm clutching at straws here, I'm throwing in Victor and Angus to your list. Huh! Our hero is innocent. The publishers printed the wrong name!

Sorry missed Victor. Lack of sleep, agreeing with Gigi till 2am.

I'm throwing Cary in the mix, even though he was injured. He knew what Eva went through, when they had their sessions together. But the weapon, would have to be a crutch!!! Lol

Loving it!

I put trey into the mix on behalf of Cary but Cary himself would be difficult but am sure not impossible !

I won't believe gideon did it until I read it !

So June hurry up and get here !

7th may I'm really pleased on night shift won't sleep until I read the first chapter that Sylvia has said she's releasing !

Morning ShazScott1980

Hahaha.

I notice Gideons name was missing from your list!

We could turn this into Cluedo. We know where the murder was committed and with what, we just need a jury to decide who? Yes I know Sylvia said Gideon. But I'm clutching at straws here, I'm throwing in Victor and Angus to your list. Huh! Our hero is innocent. The publishers printed the wrong name!

Hi Julie54,

I am sitting here laughing!  I love it!  Yes, indeed the publishers did get it wrong!!  My money is still on Monica!!  Come on Monica, step up to the plate and take one for theam for crying out loud!!

Sorry missed Victor. Lack of sleep, agreeing with Gigi till 2am.

I'm throwing Cary in the mix, even though he was injured. He knew what Eva went through, when they had their sessions together. But the weapon, would have to be a crutch!!! Lol

Hi Julie54,

I am still roaring with laughter!! I say it was Monica who killed Nathan... in the library ... with a candlestick holder... (ok now my Clue roots are showing)!! :)

Morning Julie54!

Gideon's not on my list cause Sylvia has said Gideon did it. ( although I'm hoping she said the wrong name !)

Victor is on the list

But forgot Angus and then what about Clancy or my other wild card dr Travis

Hi ShazScott1980,

I think I need to get my hearing checked because I didn't hear anything about Gideon having killed Nathan...I could have sworn it was someone else! :)  I also think I may need to get my eyesight tested if I see anything about Gideon having killed someone too!! :)

We've been warned all along that Entwined would go to some dark places.

If Gideon had to take the law into his own hands figuratively, at least he did so literally too. Had he taken the expected route of hiring a hitman, the blood still would have been on his hands figuratively. Instead, he was willing to literally get blood on his hands to make certain Nathan would never again endanger Eva.

DITTO..!

I say thank goodness Gideon killed Nathan. He was gonna kill Eva. I for one know that if anyone ever touched my nieces in any sexual way I will kill them with my bare hands. Nathan had it coming. Too bad it took years. I am team Gideon all the way.

:) :) :)

DITTO..!

Hi MrsCrossfire,

If Gideon killed Nathan, how is that justifiable?  From everything that we have read, it appears that Gideon methodically and premediatedly planned Nathan's murder.  How is that a good thing? 

Are we the readers supposed to cheer on a man who was that cold and calculated?  I know that what Nathan did is despicable and I am not in any way, shape or form, condoning what he did, but how am I supposed to excuse what Gideon did?  How is that something to be cheered for? 

Hi MrsCrossfire,

If Gideon killed Nathan, how is that justifiable? From everything that we have read, it appears that Gideon methodically and premediatedly planned Nathan's murder. How is that a good thing?

Are we the readers supposed to cheer on a man who was that cold and calculated? I know that what Nathan did is despicable and I am not in any way, shape or form, condoning what he did, but how am I supposed to excuse what Gideon did? How is that something to be cheered for?

In some states of the United States there is a such thing as justifiable murder. Personally I think this case fits the description. Gideon at all costs is doing what he can to keep Eva safe.

He said to her once in the elevator or in her room "this is how it has to be" and "I had an opportunity and I took it". Perhaps the fire was his opportunity to end Eva's eminent danger?