So would it make a difference if Gideon had killed Nathan himself rather then help plan it.?

Hi Peachies

Gideon said that to Eva, in the car, when he started to open up to her at the end of reflected. He was trying to explain why he was behaving as he was.

As Sylvia posted yesterday, Eva is Gideons safe haven, and he will keep her safe at all costs. Because without her he is nothing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peachies

Gideon said that to Eva, in the car, when he started to open up to her at the end of reflected. He was trying to explain why he was behaving as he was.

As Sylvia posted yesterday, Eva is Gideons safe haven, and he will keep her safe at all costs. Because without her he is nothing.

Thanks for clarifying when he said it. I knew it was the end of reflected just not exactly where.

I understand how Gideon feels for Eva and his need to protect her and keep her safe. That is what he was doing when he took advantage of the opportunity.

Hi Peachies

Sylvia said yesterday, that Gideon needed Eva, like he needed air to breathe, she is his safe haven, his light in the darkness. Whatever he found out about Nathan, he knew that killing him was his only option to keep Eva safe. His turmoil must have been enormous. More baggage on already ladened shoulders.

Hi ShazScott1980,

I love it!  That is a brilliant idea!!

Hi ShazScott1980,

I love it!  That is a brilliant idea!!

I wonder if since evidence seems sketchy wouldn't it be fun if

Monica said I killed Nathan

Stanton no I killed Nathan

Trey no I killed Nathan

Victor no I killed Nathan !!!!!!

I killed Nathan - lol

I killed Nathan - lol

NO I KILLED NATHAN !! LOL

I don't want our hero in jail or a long drawn out court case.

Nathan was a horrible person who we know did terrible things to Eva and we suspect brutally attacked Cary.

And maybe justice has been done at the fact that he's no longer breathing the same air as decent human beings!

But Gideon could have disposed of his body and then the police would never have been involved he wouldn't have had to distance himself from Eva .

Make it June soon please or at least may for chapter one !

NO I KILLED NATHAN !! LOL

I don't want our hero in jail or a long drawn out court case.

Nathan was a horrible person who we know did terrible things to Eva and we suspect brutally attacked Cary.

And maybe justice has been done at the fact that he's no longer breathing the same air as decent human beings!

But Gideon could have disposed of his body and then the police would never have been involved he wouldn't have had to distance himself from Eva .

Make it June soon please or at least may for chapter one !

Hi ShazScott1980,

You rock!  You always lift my spirits! :)

It is a shame that anyone had to commit murder, especially our hero.  Another storyline (not that Sylvia's hasn't been great) would have been:  When Eva called and Gideion was supposedly at home (with security, per Sylvia), but cut Eva off short, any woman would have gone to the apartment to confront said boyfriend;  here Nathan could have come into the picture and tried to abduct Eva, and she could have used her Krav Maga on him and killed or seriously injured Nathan in self defense and NO ONE would have to worry about jail time.  Just my two cents,  

Hopefully Sylvia is using a play on words as to Gideion killing Nathan.

Thoughts anyone?

It is a shame that anyone had to commit murder, especially our hero.  Another storyline (not that Sylvia's hasn't been great) would have been:  When Eva called and Gideion was supposedly at home (with security, per Sylvia), but cut Eva off short, any woman would have gone to the apartment to confront said boyfriend;  here Nathan could have come into the picture and tried to abduct Eva, and she could have used her Krav Maga on him and killed or seriously injured Nathan in self defense and NO ONE would have to worry about jail time.  Just my two cents,  

Hopefully Sylvia is using a play on words as to Gideion killing Nathan.

Thoughts anyone?

I like your thinking then justice would be served if Eva killed Nathan

Ok, so I understand why people are trying to figure out a way that Sylvia was NOT saying that Gideon killed Nathan, because, lets' face it, girls..we all love our Gideon. (or MY Gideon..just kidding) anyways, and it's so hard for us to conceive how he could now be a murderer. Its something that most if not all of us could not live with. Even if we all believe, and I do, that he was justified. Sylvia just said recently that she is not going to make excuses for her characters, which to me means that they are who they are and they do what they do...right or wrong. SHe also said they are "deeply flawed", so again I think she couldn't be clearer in stating yes, Gideon DID kill Nathan. I would like tobelieve that he went over there to scare him and killed him in self defence..but it just doens't look that way. She also mentioned before that the name Gideon means something like POwerful Warrior...Gideon is a warrior for Eva. HE would do anything. So sad to say, Sylvia couldn't have been more clear, he did do it....I would also like to think that I wont read Chapter one on May 7th (right near my birthday) but who am I kidding...I will devour that first chapter!

Ok, so I understand why people are trying to figure out a way that Sylvia was NOT saying that Gideon killed Nathan, because, lets' face it, girls..we all love our Gideon. (or MY Gideon..just kidding) anyways, and it's so hard for us to conceive how he could now be a murderer. Its something that most if not all of us could not live with. Even if we all believe, and I do, that he was justified. Sylvia just said recently that she is not going to make excuses for her characters, which to me means that they are who they are and they do what they do...right or wrong. SHe also said they are "deeply flawed", so again I think she couldn't be clearer in stating yes, Gideon DID kill Nathan. I would like tobelieve that he went over there to scare him and killed him in self defence..but it just doens't look that way. She also mentioned before that the name Gideon means something like POwerful Warrior...Gideon is a warrior for Eva. HE would do anything. So sad to say, Sylvia couldn't have been more clear, he did do it....I would also like to think that I wont read Chapter one on May 7th (right near my birthday) but who am I kidding...I will devour that first chapter!

Hi Reader76,

Welcome to the forum! I think some people are suspicious about the timing of Sylvia dropping the bomb so close to the release of the next book. Why choose now of all times to spill the beans about Gideon having killed Nathan when the release is just over a month away? So many people have been asking questions for so long and Sylvia has been absolutely tight-lipped about this entire subject.

Sylvia decided to release the "big scoop" on some obscure radio station which I am sure that many people have never even heard of. It isn't like Sylvia was giving an exclusive interview to Oprah or Barbara Walters, so I think that many people (myself included) found it a little more than odd. Why release the information now? Wouldn't that affect the sales of her next book? I am sure that there are some people who would buy the book to find out if Gideon did kill Nathan. Now that they know, will they still remain motivated to purchase the next booK?

Another quick little thing is that if the reader was go back and look over all the questions that they have askd Sylvia, if you notice some of her responses were very vague or quotes from the books. That isn't necessarily an answer (brilliant by the way :)), so I think that some of us (myself included) want to wait until we actually have a book in our hands and actual tangible proof that Gideon killed Nathan. I think in one way or another we are all devoted fans of our Gideon and Eva. What do you think? What does everyone think? :)

All along, I've believed Gideon did it -- in order to save Eva's life. I view what he did as a form of justifiable homicide, not cold blooded murder. And I think you're right that she couldn't be clearer.

• The whole cover-up plan, most especially cruelly distancing himself from Eva, actions that dramatically began four days before Nathan was killed. Why would he put her through h***?
  • The Entwined excerpt, in which he says to Eva "What I did"
  • The New Year's teaser, which is the same Excerpt scene but from inside Gideon's head as he views Eva "worth killing for."
  • Sylvia saying he did when asked the ultimate spoiler question in an interview last week. Some of us were able to hear the interview via live Internet stream, and it's as much the way she said it (voice inflection) as the quote itself.
  • Sylvia joining in the discussion here on the forum and the many things she's stated in posts, most especially that she doesn't make excuses for her characters.

To me-- what Gideon says and how he acts/reacts in RIY ----he murdered Nathan...

Also, SD --to me ---clearly indicated in her recent posts here that Gideon murdered Nathan...

I don't think people would buy EWY just to see if Gideon murdered Nathan....All they would have to do would be to wait a couple of days and come to this site/another SD site to find the answer.

People will buy EWY because of Eva and Gideon's love story---IMHO

LN Cronan

I have to concede that our hero is guilty. My heart is so sad for him. I was team Monica.

I can go with justifiable homicide as a form of self defence, not premeditated murder. It was a case of kill or be killed.

Gideon said, "trust me when I say there are some aspects of me you don't want to see". It was the word aspects that worry me. Will his dark side be revealed in EWY? I'm not just talking about his abuse.