Reflected in You - Series of Events

Reader76

Ok I am so lost. Why does Gideon not like Dr. Lucas again?

We don't know the whole story yet but he didn't confirm the abuse when Gideon reported it.  His mom took him to be examined by Dr. Lucas and Lucas said he didn't see any indication of abuse. Hopefully we will find out more in Book 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon's side of the hatred

• All Gideon told Eva about why he hates Lucas is that Lucas somehow "alienate" him from his (Gideon's family.)
  • Lucas is a pediatrician. Based on Lucas' current age, around the time Gideon was sexually abused, Lucas would have recently finished medical school.
  • We know from what Elizabeth Vidal said to Eva when Eva confronted her about how damaged Gideon is because of something sexual likely having happened to him when he was young, Elizabeth Vidal defended herself that exams by two separate pediatricians (supposedly) turned up no evidence.
  • Gideon was branded as a messed up liar, and his sexual abuse accusations were illegally hushed up so that no outside authorities got involved, as they ought to have over mere accusations, regardless of what physical exams did or did not show.
  • Circumstances strongly suggest Lucas was one of the pediatricians involved.
  • It's pretty apparent, as well, Gideon's love for his mother was utterly destroyed because she failed him.
  • Gideon confessed to Eva (in North Carolina) he'd hurt Lucas by having an affair with Lucas' wife.

Lucas' side of the hatred

• Lucas' wife, Anne, came on to Gideon sexually sometime in the not too distant past. At the time, she would have been in her early 40s and Gideon would have been a totally hot 20-something.
  • At first, Gideon brushed her off as just another woman throwing herself at him. But then, he found out she was Lucas' wife.
  • So Gideon jumped at the chance for a revenge f***. At the time, he planned it to be a one-night stand.
  • But she kept coming back for more. In what Gideon would lately be deeply ashamed of himself for doing, he continued to f*** her. Thus she started carrying on a full-fledged extra marital affair.
  • Gideon claimed to himself he never deliberately made any promises or did anything like telling her he loved her.
  • However, he let things go on until Anne was ready to leave her husband for Gideon.
  • Then he broke it off and sent her broken back to her husband.
  • Based on a little totally unrelated research Eva did on Lucas via Google, it would appear the Lucases are still married.
  • Lucas is firmly convinced Gideon is a mentally disturbed man who hates women and gets off by emotionally abusing them -- taking them on incredible highs and then destroying them.
  • Obviously, Lucas is colored by the fact Gideon actually did engage in that sort of abusive pattern with Anne.
  • Dr. Lucas, if he was involved with the sex abuse investigation of Gideon as a child, would have enough inside information about Gideon's mental health history to know that Gideon actually did have serious problems as a kid (problems that started with how Gideon's father died when Gideon was five.)
  • At a time when Eva was most miserable and vulnerable, because Gideon at the time was emotionally manipulating her (distancing her so he could kill Nathan) Lucas ran into Eva, and he jumped at the chance to plant seeds of poison in her mind.

The one time we saw Gideon, Eva and Lucas all together in immediate proximity was when the three of them plus Corrine were all seated together at dinner during the fundraiser Corrine crashed.

• It was true that Gideon completely ignored Eva at the table, all of his attention focused on Corrine. (Idiot - one of Gideon's biggest screw ups!)
  • Lucas witnessed everything, including how miserable Eva was, and he spent the meal keeping her company.
  • After the meal was done, Lucas invited Eva to go to the bar with him for a drink. When Eva went to leave, Gideon (who at least had held her hand during dinner) suddenly became aware of her -- and of Lucas with her.
  • Gideon tried to order Eva to stay put.
  • In front of everyone within ear shot, Lucas essentially humiliated Gideon for having mistreated Eva by ignoring her in favor of Corrine.
  • Things got worse for Gideon when Eva told him Lucas was right.
  • Then Eva "safeworded" Gideon and walked away. About a minute later, Gideon got a text from Eva claiming she wasn't running - just leaving.
  • But of course, Eva was pulling a runner, one that would have especially terrified Gideon under the circumstances. Perhaps it dawned on him he had very serious screwed up things with her. She'd never safeworded him, either.

Gideon's side of the hatred

• All Gideon told Eva about why he hates Lucas is that Lucas somehow "alienate" him from his (Gideon's family.)
  • Lucas is a pediatrician. Based on Lucas' current age, around the time Gideon was sexually abused, Lucas would have recently finished medical school.
  • We know from what Elizabeth Vidal said to Eva when Eva confronted her about how damaged Gideon is because of something sexual likely having happened to him when he was young, Elizabeth Vidal defended herself that exams by two separate pediatricians (supposedly) turned up no evidence.
  • Gideon was branded as a messed up liar, and his sexual abuse accusations were illegally hushed up so that no outside authorities got involved, as they ought to have over mere accusations, regardless of what physical exams did or did not show.
  • Circumstances strongly suggest Lucas was one of the pediatricians involved.
  • It's pretty apparent, as well, Gideon's love for his mother was utterly destroyed because she failed him.
  • Gideon confessed to Eva (in North Carolina) he'd hurt Lucas by having an affair with Lucas' wife.

Lucas' side of the hatred

• Lucas' wife, Anne, came on to Gideon sexually sometime in the not too distant past. At the time, she would have been in her early 40s and Gideon would have been a totally hot 20-something.
  • At first, Gideon brushed her off as just another woman throwing herself at him. But then, he found out she was Lucas' wife.
  • So Gideon jumped at the chance for a revenge f***. At the time, he planned it to be a one-night stand.
  • But she kept coming back for more. In what Gideon would lately be deeply ashamed of himself for doing, he continued to f*** her. Thus she started carrying on a full-fledged extra marital affair.
  • Gideon claimed to himself he never deliberately made any promises or did anything like telling her he loved her.
  • However, he let things go on until Anne was ready to leave her husband for Gideon.
  • Then he broke it off and sent her broken back to her husband.
  • Based on a little totally unrelated research Eva did on Lucas via Google, it would appear the Lucases are still married.
  • Lucas is firmly convinced Gideon is a mentally disturbed man who hates women and gets off by emotionally abusing them -- taking them on incredible highs and then destroying them.
  • Obviously, Lucas is colored by the fact Gideon actually did engage in that sort of abusive pattern with Anne.
  • Dr. Lucas, if he was involved with the sex abuse investigation of Gideon as a child, would have enough inside information about Gideon's mental health history to know that Gideon actually did have serious problems as a kid (problems that started with how Gideon's father died when Gideon was five.)
  • At a time when Eva was most miserable and vulnerable, because Gideon at the time was emotionally manipulating her (distancing her so he could kill Nathan) Lucas ran into Eva, and he jumped at the chance to plant seeds of poison in her mind.

The one time we saw Gideon, Eva and Lucas all together in immediate proximity was when the three of them plus Corrine were all seated together at dinner during the fundraiser Corrine crashed.

• It was true that Gideon completely ignored Eva at the table, all of his attention focused on Corrine. (Idiot - one of Gideon's biggest screw ups!)
  • Lucas witnessed everything, including how miserable Eva was, and he spent the meal keeping her company.
  • After the meal was done, Lucas invited Eva to go to the bar with him for a drink. When Eva went to leave, Gideon (who at least had held her hand during dinner) suddenly became aware of her -- and of Lucas with her.
  • Gideon tried to order Eva to stay put.
  • In front of everyone within ear shot, Lucas essentially humiliated Gideon for having mistreated Eva by ignoring her in favor of Corrine.
  • Things got worse for Gideon when Eva told him Lucas was right.
  • Then Eva "safeworded" Gideon and walked away. About a minute later, Gideon got a text from Eva claiming she wasn't running - just leaving.
  • But of course, Eva was pulling a runner, one that would have especially terrified Gideon under the circumstances. Perhaps it dawned on him he had very serious screwed up things with her. She'd never safeworded him, either.

Serisouly you are amazing! Thank you so much this is beyond what I had expected to get as an answer xoxo

We don't know the whole story yet but he didn't confirm the abuse when Gideon reported it.  His mom took him to be examined by Dr. Lucas and Lucas said he didn't see any indication of abuse. Hopefully we will find out more in Book 3

Thank you so much! My friend who just finished the books asked me that and I had to pause and think. I thought I missed something. Thank you!! xoxo

Several posts state that Gideon dumping Eva was an alibi so to speak, why kill someone over a girl he just dumped..  What is he telling the police the reason he was at the apartment (when he met Eva's father) if he had dumped Eva.  Just another question to fuel the fire.  June 4 th can't get here quick enough.

Several posts state that Gideon dumping Eva was an alibi so to speak, why kill someone over a girl he just dumped..  What is he telling the police the reason he was at the apartment (when he met Eva's father) if he had dumped Eva.  Just another question to fuel the fire.  June 4 th can't get here quick enough.

Good question. Gideon made a huge mistake by going through with that dinner. Sylvia said he felt compelled to do so, because he feared Eva wouldn't ever forgive him for blowing it off. As for explaining that the police -- he's not, I'll bet. He's "lawyered up" and keeping his mouth shut.

Gideon made a lot of mistakes in his hastily-thrown-together plan to provide himself with an alibi and remove any apparent motive. They were sketchy to start with, and after the fact, he did stuff that in fact increased evidence he had motive, not deflected it.

Just to be clear -- the alibi was the party. It was supposed to prove Gideon did not have the opportunity to get to Nathan that night, because he was elsewhere and could "prove" he was.

His "dumping" Eva wasn't an alibi. It was a lie to deflect accusations he had good motive to kill Nathan.

Between the two: he had no reason to kill for Eva, and he was somewhere else the night the murder happened, together were supposed to get him eliminated as a suspect early on. Didn't work.

Good question. Gideon made a huge mistake by going through with that dinner. Sylvia said he felt compelled to do so, because he feared Eva wouldn't ever forgive him for blowing it off. As for explaining that the police -- he's not, I'll bet. He's "lawyered up" and keeping his mouth shut.

Gideon made a lot of mistakes in his hastily-thrown-together plan to provide himself with an alibi and remove any apparent motive. They were sketchy to start with, and after the fact, he did stuff that in fact increased evidence he had motive, not deflected it.

LN when did Sylvia say that about the dinner??

Just to be clear -- the alibi was the party. It was supposed to prove Gideon did not have the opportunity to get to Nathan that night, because he was elsewhere and could "prove" he was.

His "dumping" Eva wasn't an alibi. It was a lie to deflect accusations he had good motive to kill Nathan.

Between the two: he had no reason to kill for Eva, and he was somewhere else the night the murder happened, together were supposed to get him eliminated as a suspect early on. Didn't work.

i thought the Kingsman mixer was his alibi? Am i confused?

i thought the Kingsman mixer was his alibi? Am i confused?

No, you're got it right -- the mixer was his alibi. It was part of him attempting to prove where he'd been Thursday. He couldn't have been the one who went to Nathan's hotel to kill him, so it must have been someone else. Gideon could prove he'd been elsewhere, so he didn't have the opportunity to do the crime.

Corrine wasn't his alibi, because she wasn't the only person there. There were lots of other people there, and even a press photographer who took a picture of him at the party.

Corrine served a purpose other than alibi. She made it believable that Gideon dumped Eva back while Nathan was still very much alive. The Corrine cover story was to protect Gideon from motive for wanting to kill Nathan. An alibi protects from opportunity to have actually been able to do the deed.

I hope that makes sense. "Opportunity" and "motive" are two different legal things, but a prosecutor needs to prove both of them.

No, you're got it right -- the mixer was his alibi. It was part of him attempting to prove where he'd been Thursday. He couldn't have been the one who went to Nathan's hotel to kill him, so it must have been someone else. Gideon could prove he'd been elsewhere, so he didn't have the opportunity to do the crime.

Corrine wasn't his alibi, because she wasn't the only person there. There were lots of other people there, and even a press photographer who took a picture of him at the party.

Corrine served a purpose other than alibi. She made it believable that Gideon dumped Eva back while Nathan was still very much alive. The Corrine cover story was to protect Gideon from motive for wanting to kill Nathan. An alibi protects from opportunity to have actually been able to do the deed.

I hope that makes sense. "Opportunity" and "motive" are two different legal things, but a prosecutor needs to prove both of them.

Thanks! I think i confused myself! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Smartyj55, 

A lot of these questions have been hotly debated on the "Spoiler" thread.  If you have the time or the inclination, feel free to read that thread.  Once you start reading, you will find that the time will fly by.  You will know who wrote what and who had which opinion.  You can then make up your mind for yourself.  I hope that helps.

Hi Smartyj55, 

A lot of these questions have been hotly debated on the "Spoiler" thread.  If you have the time or the inclination, feel free to read that thread.  Once you start reading, you will find that the time will fly by.  You will know who wrote what and who had which opinion.  You can then make up your mind for yourself.  I hope that helps.

Thank you!

HI EVERYBODY!

"Gedeon appeared out of the hallway, shoving his phone into his pocket." (page 268)

Does anyone know who Gedeon was talking to on the phone that Friday night when Detectives Graves and Michna came into the picture and revealed Nathan was dead?         My guess is Angus, who else could it be?

HI EVERYBODY!

"Gedeon appeared out of the hallway, shoving his phone into his pocket." (page 268)

Does anyone know who Gedeon was talking to on the phone that Friday night when Detectives Graves and Michna came into the picture and revealed Nathan was dead?         My guess is Angus, who else could it be?

Hi Gabri.

Angus was mentioned, possible legal team, security people and Corinne-stalker extraordinaire!

Hi Gabri.

Angus was mentioned, possible legal team, security people and Corinne-stalker extraordinaire!

Thank you,

I do hope Corinne is not an option any more!!!

Hi Gabri.

Methinks it was all of the above, with Corrine-stalker definitely in there calling him at some point. By Friday, she'd be in hot pursuit, given the events of the week, during which he took her out twice -- but -- was busy other nights. And Gideon, knowing the cops might pull phone records if they investigated him, probably took every single one of Corrine's calls.

Monday: Gideon called up Corrine and took her out to dinner. Within hours, the sensational news hits the Internet

Tuesday: maybe Corrine calls Gideon at home, he answers, she figures out he's not alone and alone, assumed Eva was there? (Irony, because Eva called Gideon at home that same night, figured out he wasn't alone and feared Corrine might be there. Truth was - secret security team meeting was in progress.)

Wednesday: Corrine calls Gideon? He says he's busy that night, but maybe this is when he asks her out for Thursday night? Corrine suspects maybe he's getting together with Eva on Wednesday night (which he did).

Thursday: Gideon takes Corrine out again, and again the media gets pictures. The next day, they're on the Page 6 column.

Friday: Corrine probably calls Gideon, hoping he'll get together with her that night, or at least over the weekend. When she calls, she figures out he's not alone. Guesses he's with Eva (which he actually was - he was at Eva's apartment.)

Methinks it was all of the above, with Corrine-stalker definitely in there calling him at some point. By Friday, she'd be in hot pursuit, given the events of the week, during which he took her out twice -- but -- was busy other nights. And Gideon, knowing the cops might pull phone records if they investigated him, probably took every single one of Corrine's calls.

Monday: Gideon called up Corrine and took her out to dinner. Within hours, the sensational news hits the Internet

Tuesday: maybe Corrine calls Gideon at home, he answers, she figures out he's not alone and alone, assumed Eva was there? (Irony, because Eva called Gideon at home that same night, figured out he wasn't alone and feared Corrine might be there. Truth was - secret security team meeting was in progress.)

Wednesday: Corrine calls Gideon? He says he's busy that night, but maybe this is when he asks her out for Thursday night? Corrine suspects maybe he's getting together with Eva on Wednesday night (which he did).

Thursday: Gideon takes Corrine out again, and again the media gets pictures. The next day, they're on the Page 6 column.

Friday: Corrine probably calls Gideon, hoping he'll get together with her that night, or at least over the weekend. When she calls, she figures out he's not alone. Guesses he's with Eva (which he actually was - he was at Eva's apartment.)

I wonder how many calls Gideon made to Corinne and how many she made to him?

I would say she made all or most of the calls. After all, she is still doing all the chasing.

In Eva's "bad days" she said she would have chased Gideon if she had seen him. I think he would have seen her first. :)

As Gideon said, they both settled for less, before they met each other.

I wonder how many calls Gideon made to Corinne and how many she made to him?

I would say she made all or most of the calls. After all, she is still doing all the chasing.

In Eva's "bad days" she said she would have chased Gideon if she had seen him. I think he would have seen her first. :)

As Gideon said, they both settled for less, before they met each other.

It occurred to me that it's possible Corrine might escalate the phone stalking to in-person stalking of Gideon if she figures out he's seeing Eva on the side. Which Corrine is bound to suspect if she sees a dramatic change for the better in Gideon's mood coupled with a dramatic drop in the free time he spend with with her (Corrine.)

She does live around the corner from his apartment building. So this could get tricky if she spots Eva coming/going from the building, or worse, gets desperate enough to try to see Gideon at home. Hopefully, she won't make it past the downstairs desk.