One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how uncomfortable Angus felt, hearing her crying and screaming at Gideon? Does Gideon tell Angus everything? How much does Angus know about Eva's past? Does Angus rebuke Gideon for some of his actions? Oh I could go on. I need answers.

I'm not sure we will get these answers ; I think some things will simply not be addressed. It will be the reader's job to interpret as they wish...

Here's what     in Chap.10

1) The exchange between Eva and Arnoldo taking place while Brett and Gedeon are still fighting.

"What the h**l are you doing?"... "He's your friend! You're just going to leave him like that?"

"He's your boyfriend".... "And YOU are the one who left him like that."

2)  Arnoldo's speaking as a true friend

"Be gentle with him".... "I have never seen him the way he is with you. I can't say you are worth of him, but you make him  

happy. I saw that myself. Do it or walk. Don't f**k with his head."

3) The whole s*x scene in the limo riding towards North Carolina. The pacing of Gedeon's "WHY?"s, the feel of his pent-up 

anger, the cruelty of his "This isn't for you." always leave me breathless and weeping for both of them.

Well lets face it Gideon's probably never felt that kind of hurt and anger to a woman because no one ever cheated on him before he was never in a real romantic relationship with anyone prior to Eva so it must have hurt like and maddening anger at the same time!!!

Well lets face it Gideon's probably never felt that kind of hurt and anger to a woman because no one ever cheated on him before he was never in a real romantic relationship with anyone prior to Eva so it must have hurt like ###### and maddening anger at the same time!!!

Eva has been there already, Gideon, Brett and the tattoo guy, getting the below job(as called by the Victorians )! Bit of English history. Eva knows the hurt already.

Gideon may be a genius when it comes to numbers, but raw IQ and emotional intelligence are two different things. He struggles to keep his own emotions under control and thus doesn't often understand women who act on their emotions.

He's also never had a real job where he's actually had to work for someone and have a boss... He's always been the boss. In other words he always been the dominant and every other person in his life was submissive until Eva ... He tells Eva she is completely unmanageable THANK GOD he needs some reality in his life!!

He's also never had a real job where he's actually had to work for someone and have a boss... He's always been the boss. In other words he always been the dominant and every other person in his life was submissive until Eva ... He tells Eva she is completely unmanageable THANK GOD he needs some reality in his life!!

He needs someone to stand up to him, not be a yes person all the time. He needs challenging.

Well here we are. Chapter 10.

This was quite a disturbing chapter. I cannot believe Gideon did what he did to Eva, to get her to admit why she kissed Brett. It was a wonder he didn't trigger her big time. The way he controlled Eva, was cold, calculated, and too detached. Yes he was hurting, but so had Eva. Treating her like a w*ore, making her strip-was that so she couldn't escape?

I'm surprised Angus didn't pull over saying enough! Yes he reminded her about her safe word, but she refused to use it, because she knew he had an ulterior motive.

This was a very dark Gideon. One that you wouldn't want to cross. No pun intended!

Angus wouldn't have been able to see nor hear anything going on in the back once Gideon raised the privacy glass that seals off the back of the limo from the front of it. Once the privacy glass is up, the only thing Angus would hear from the back of the car would be if Gideon hit the intercom button to talk to him.

Gideon did this the very first time he had Eva in the back of the limo -- as soon as they settled in the back, Gideon raised the privacy glass and then pulled Eva into his lap. Within minutes, Gideon decided to let her go ahead and seduce him right there in the car, and so he hit the intercom to instruct Angus to keep driving around until he (Gideon) said otherwise.

===============

That said, yes, this particular scene does have some disturbing aspects of it. When the sex starts out, it is not lovemaking -- it is one sided f******* with Gideon demanding Eva pleasure him. There are some real BDSM elements to it -- it's one of the reasons I've recently developed a theory that the real sexual dealbreaker issue years ago with Corrine was much deeper than Gideon's refusal to stay the night with her.

Both Gideon and Eva are flawed in some ways. This scene is where we saw his dark side. Twice, we've seen a dark side of Eva when she has erupted in violence. Twice when furious with Gideon, her wound-and-run pattern has involved slapping him across the face very hard, hard enough to make his head snap. The first time is Bared page 225 as she's trying to storm away from him at his parents mansion. The second time is Reflected page 38 in Gideon's office as Eva is going postal over her belief Gideon had barely finished f****** Corrine there.

Just like I felt for Eva as she told Gideon to stop treating her like a w****, I felt for Gideon in his office as he told Eva to not hit him.

Angus wouldn't have been able to see nor hear anything going on in the back once Gideon raised the privacy glass that seals off the back of the limo from the front of it. Once the privacy glass is up, the only thing Angus would hear from the back of the car would be if Gideon hit the intercom button to talk to him.

Gideon did this the very first time he had Eva in the back of the limo -- as soon as they settled in the back, Gideon raised the privacy glass and then pulled Eva into his lap. Within minutes, Gideon decided to let her go ahead and seduce him right there in the car, and so he hit the intercom to instruct Angus to keep driving around until he (Gideon) said otherwise.

I hadn't realised that the back of a limo was soundproofed that much. I just thought the privacy glass, was just that. Not totally soundproofed. Mind you I've never had the pleasure. ;)

===============

I hadn't realised that the back of a limo was soundproofed that much. I just thought the privacy glass, was just that. Not totally soundproofed. Mind you I've never had the pleasure. ;)

===============

I had no clue either! Sure Angus knew ;) 

I wonder what he thinks about all of that.

===============

That said, yes, this particular scene does have some disturbing aspects of it. When the sex starts out, it is not lovemaking -- it is one sided f******* with Gideon demanding Eva pleasure him. There are some real BDSM elements to it -- it's one of the reasons I've recently developed a theory that the real sexual dealbreaker issue years ago with Corrine was much deeper than Gideon's refusal to stay the night with her.

Both Gideon and Eva are flawed in some ways. This scene is where we saw his dark side. Twice, we've seen a dark side of Eva when she has erupted in violence. Twice when furious with Gideon, her wound-and-run pattern has involved slapping him across the face very hard, hard enough to make his head snap. The first time is Bared page 225 as she's trying to storm away from him at his parents mansion. The second time is Reflected page 38 in Gideon's office as Eva is going postal over her belief Gideon had barely finished f****** Corrine there.

Just like I felt for Eva as she told Gideon to stop treating her like a w****, I felt for Gideon in his office as he told Eva to not hit him.

At first I thought it was "get-it-out-of-your-system" sex, but then I realized there were much darker undertones to it. They have still so much to learn about one another!!!

This is a hard chapter to read but there was hurt on both sides.  Gideon isn't very confident with his relationship with Eva.  We watch over and over that even a little attention from another man makes him crazy and Eva knows that too.

Eva asked herself "why hadn't I pulled away sooner?  Why had I kissed Brett back?"  so even before Eva & Gideon were in the limo alone she knew something was off with her actions.

"Looking back I had no idea what had come over me."

"Gideon's life was spiraling out of control because of me"   I believe she was thinking back to the perfect picture in her mind that Corrine and Gideon made; Eva believed the picture of her and Gideon was flawed and she wasn't worthy.

Then when Gideon gets in the limo Eva thinks to herself "I cringed away from the horrible bitterness in his tone...I knew just how he felt.  how badly the mental images could sting and claw until you felt like you were going mad.  In my mind, he and Corinne had f***** dozens of times while I watched in sick, jealous fury."

Eva knew why she kissed Gideon but she didn't want to admit it out loud.  Gideon wanted her to talk it out but their communication skills were so bad that he used the only tool he knew to get her to open up...s#x. 

I must admit I cry for both of them through the whole chapter.  It is very said that two people who love each other so much can intentionally hurt each other because they both feel unworthy. 

Like I said in an earlier post....low self esteem.....a normal girl would have gone to the apartment to confront said boyfriend(  this is when Eva stayed at the hospital to be with Cary, and Tuesday or Wednesday she called him and asked who are you with?  (sylvia later said it was security)  I personally would have gotten a taxi (if she can leave Cary to go to work, she can leave for an hour or two to find out why he is treating her the way he is)  Then my theory to a new story line would have been to have Nathan try to nab her then and Eva could have taken him out  instead of Gideon resorting to murdering him himself.

just my thoughts.....June 4 can't get here soon enough

That limo ride was just terrible to read...I thought it would never end.  When I reread Reflected In You, I always skip that part, every time.  Gideon was so cruel to her.  I would have said my safe word!!!!

Eva couldn't safe word because she needed to tell Gideon how she felt about Corinne but she was afraid.  She believed she deserved the punishment just as she believed that Gideon deserved to be punished by her kissing Brett.  Gideon knew she was lashing out at him.  He said to her "you knew I would be coming after you."

While Eva was kissing Brett, she recognized inside that she was doing so " ..... because the attraction was still there and it soothed something hurting inside me to think I might've been more than a convenient piece of a**." (page 162)

I think what really was hurting inside her was the fear that her true status with Gideon was piece of a** -- that the only reason Gideon was still with her, now that Corrine had come back, was because the sex between her (Eva) and Gideon was doing it for him. Her only hold on Gideon was sexual -- but Corrine had some sort of much deeper hold on him and he couldn't break free of it.

The consequences of his mishandling the Corrine situation from day one was this awful triggering of Eva's deepest insecurities, her lowest self-esteem.

In hindsight, what he ought to have done when he saw Corrine at that fundraiser was leave with Eva instead of insisting on staying. All the bad that brought Eva to this terribly triggered place came from his mistaken belief he could control the situation by controlling both of the women involved. He vastly underestimated how much of a crisis to their relationship the Corrine situation was -- especially because he vastly underestimated Corrine's ruthlessness.

While Eva was kissing Brett, she recognized inside that she was doing so " ..... because the attraction was still there and it soothed something hurting inside me to think I might've been more than a convenient piece of a**." (page 162)

I think what really was hurting inside her was the fear that her true status with Gideon was piece of a** -- that the only reason Gideon was still with her, now that Corrine had come back, was because the sex between her (Eva) and Gideon was doing it for him. Her only hold on Gideon was sexual -- but Corrine had some sort of much deeper hold on him and he couldn't break free of it.

The consequences of his mishandling the Corrine situation from day one was this awful triggering of Eva's deepest insecurities, her lowest self-esteem.

In hindsight, what he ought to have done when he saw Corrine at that fundraiser was leave with Eva instead of insisting on staying. All the bad that brought Eva to this terribly triggered place came from his mistaken belief he could control the situation by controlling both of the women involved. He vastly underestimated how much of a crisis to their relationship the Corrine situation was -- especially because he vastly underestimated Corrine's ruthlessness.

The first time I read the chapter, I thought Eva was simply 1) reassessing her relationship with Brett; 2) taking her revenge on him, the kiss only a reminder of how it could have been between them, period. But then we are talking Gedeon and Eva, not George and Mildred!!!!

It's amazing how much anger, pain and anguish Sylvia has managed to convey in barely five pages.