One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to post a pic...keeping my finger crossed (pun absolutely intended!) Ok, ready, steady, go!

henry-cavill-dunhill-16.jpg

Let's hope it stays where it is!!

What can I say? The only words that come to my mind are "Take, Oh take those eyes away." My adaptation of the  "Take, oh take those lips away"  line in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

Morning Ladies

My we were busy overnight! Took me ages to catch up!

Throwing this out there.

Once Eva and Gideon can officially get back together safely as a couple, do you think Gideon will be more circumspect at exposing Eva to the world? Yes they will have functions to attend.

Knowing that she dislikes being in the limelight (provokes triggers) and the dangers it brings-Nathan found her through Internet exposure, and because of who Gideon is.

I think Gideon, although he wants the world to know Eva is his, and he will do, by putting ring on it, but will he change his outlook on his life, because he almost lost her. Gideon won't want to walk that path again. Ever!

Hi LN Cronan

I posted this early while you were giving it zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

how do you think Gideon will approach exposing Eva to the world now?

Hi LN Cronan

I posted this early while you were giving it zzzzzzzzzzzz's.

how do you think Gideon will approach exposing Eva to the world now?

I think what happened will leave him permanently paranoid about her physical safety, and thus he's going to be very careful about her public profile. Plus, I think Angus is going to end up on permanent Eva detail while Raul takes over Gideon detail. Angus is a bodyguard, not just a driver. I'm assuming Raul is a bodyguard too.

It had purely been on impulse that Gideon blatantly exposed Eva to the world. He'd just made her his official girlfriend hours earlier. He spotted a lurking photographer near his gym. He staged that passionate kiss as a way to tell any circling males out there that Eva was taken.

For the rest of his life, he's going to be dealing with ramifications of what that impulsive move on the sidewalk unleashed. He'll not make the same mistake twice.

At best, I think he'll stick to red carpet shots moving forward. What I think is more likely, though, is he himself will back down on how much he exposes himself to the public limelight. I can see a lot of weekends spent in their North Carolina vacation home rather than out on the New York City high society social circuit.

I think what happened will leave him permanently paranoid about her physical safety, and thus he's going to be very careful about her public profile. Plus, I think Angus is going to end up on permanent Eva detail while Raul takes over Gideon detail. Angus is a bodyguard, not just a driver. I'm assuming Raul is a bodyguard too.

It had purely been on impulse that Gideon blatantly exposed Eva to the world. He'd just made her his official girlfriend hours earlier. He spotted a lurking photographer near his gym. He staged that passionate kiss as a way to tell any circling males out there that Eva was taken.

For the rest of his life, he's going to be dealing with ramifications of what that impulsive move on the sidewalk unleashed. He'll not make the same mistake twice.

At best, I think he'll stick to red carpet shots moving forward. What I think is more likely, though, is he himself will back down on how much he exposes himself to the public limelight. I can see a lot of weekends spent in their North Carolina vacation home rather than out on the New York City high society social circuit.

Oh! You saw the cheque stub for the NC beach house too!

My sentiments exactly. He will not manipulate photo shoots again like the gym shot, unless its in their interest too. I can see them "retiring" for want of a better word, from the public eye as much as possible.

Having Angus watch over her is a good thing.

Oh! You saw the cheque stub for the NC beach house too!

My sentiments exactly. He will not manipulate photo shoots again like the gym shot, unless its in their interest too. I can see them "retiring" for want of a better word, from the public eye as much as possible.

Having Angus watch over her is a good thing.

Well not only for Eva' s sake but I don't think that Gideon is going to want to over expose the fact that he has reunited with Eva thereby rubbing salt into the wound of the NYPD if they end up dropping the case...

Well not only for Eva' s sake but I don't think that Gideon is going to want to over expose the fact that he has reunited with Eva thereby rubbing salt into the wound of the NYPD if they end up dropping the case...

Good point.

If he wants it to go away, and Eva and him left to get on with their lives, being hermits is a very sound idea.

Oh dear. ;)

I'm sure you can teach us a thing or two. Lol

I don't think the Queen uses the term wedding tackle. Heeheehee

Not with Prince Consort Philip anyway!!! :rolleyes:

I almost forgot my homework!! My favourite picks in Chap.15  are:

1) Cary's "What kind of vitamins does Cross take?"

2) The thing about nightmares was that you couldn't prepare for them.... And they don't always happen when you are sleeping.

3) Ireland's "You didn't see him watching you dance with your dad. his eyes got all shiny. I thought he was going to cry and on the way up here, in the elevator, he tried to play it off, but I could totally tell he was nervous."

4)"Some people are just better off as friends"

"But you said you loved him."

"That's not always enough."

5) The other night..... seemed like a dream now, as if his visit never really happened. I could almost believe that I'd made it up in a desperate delusion, so hungry for his touch and his love that I couldn't go another minute without giving my mind relief from the madness of wanting and craving.

I almost forgot my homework!! My favourite picks in Chap.15  are:

1) Cary's "What kind of vitamins does Cross take?"

2) The thing about nightmares was that you couldn't prepare for them.... And they don't always happen when you are sleeping.

3) Ireland's "You didn't see him watching you dance with your dad. his eyes got all shiny. I thought he was going to cry and on the way up here, in the elevator, he tried to play it off, but I could totally tell he was nervous."

4)"Some people are just better off as friends"

"But you said you loved him."

"That's not always enough."

5) The other night..... seemed like a dream now, as if his visit never really happened. I could almost believe that I'd made it up in a desperate delusion, so hungry for his touch and his love that I couldn't go another minute without giving my mind relief from the madness of wanting and craving.

Great choices.  Love them all!

My chapter 15 pick ... given how rotten Gideon had been to Eva for days .... this is from page 262, Eva's walking home from the grocery store, ticked off that Gideon has Angus tailing her in the Bentley ... she's thinking Gideon doesn't want her as a girlfriend anymore, but is trying to make sure no one else has her either -- namely Brett.

"As I walked home, I entertained thoughts of having Brett over for dinner instead, imaging Angus having to make that call to Gideon when Brett came strolling up to my place. It was just a quick vengeful fantasy, since I wouldn't lead Brett on that way and he was in Florida anyway, but it did the trick. My step lightened and when I entered my apartment, I was in my first really good mood in days."

My chapter 15 pick ... given how rotten Gideon had been to Eva for days .... this is from page 262, Eva's walking home from the grocery store, ticked off that Gideon has Angus tailing her in the Bentley ... she's thinking Gideon doesn't want her as a girlfriend anymore, but is trying to make sure no one else has her either -- namely Brett.

"As I walked home, I entertained thoughts of having Brett over for dinner instead, imaging Angus having to make that call to Gideon when Brett came strolling up to my place. It was just a quick vengeful fantasy, since I wouldn't lead Brett on that way and he was in Florida anyway, but it did the trick. My step lightened and when I entered my apartment, I was in my first really good mood in days."

Poor woman needed a lift after the bad days she had, and unbeknown to her, what lay ahead. :(

Just a little thought, am reading Bared again. One thing I would like to know. Where does Gideon get his info gathering from? He seems to know everything!

Best private detectives and security personnel a billionaire can buy.

Probably ex elite military, retired police detectives and retired government intelligence -- all gone over to the private sector, where the money is much better. Throw some computer geniuses in the mix too, capable of hacking if that's what it takes to get results.

People who will keep their mouths shut, too, possibly suspecting their boss might have had something to do with Nathan turning up dead. The last thing they'll want is to possibly get dragged into the investigation themselves, lest they end up getting charged themselves. Even if they're innocent, the cops might not think so.

This chapter is such a low point for me. The only thing I have highlighted (and I highlighted it on my second read through not my first) is

"You can tell Mr. Cross that I won't be requiring his transportation services now or in the future."... "And tell him to go f*ck himself too."

I think I only had that highlighted because we have already established that Eva has a transportation fetish so I wondered at the double meaning of her words to Raul.

His security team

Just a little thought, am reading Bared again. One thing I would like to know. Where does Gideon get his info gathering from? He seems to know everything!

I'm talking about what Eva likes, buys, where Eva went to college, Shawnas boyfriend being abroad. Gideons information gathering knows no bounds.

This chapter is such a low point for me. The only thing I have highlighted (and I highlighted it on my second read through not my first) is

"You can tell Mr. Cross that I won't be requiring his transportation services now or in the future."... "And tell him to go f*ck himself too."

I think I only had that highlighted because we have already established that Eva has a transportation fetish so I wondered at the double meaning of her words to Raul.

Wow - good catch on the double entendre. Yep, at that point, Eva would have thought Gideon can f*** himself in his cars (and planes) from now on, because she was done rockin' his world in modes of transportation.

I love the part later on when Eva beamed at Raul when she found out he'd delivered the message. Hopefully, when Angus and Raul drove off together, Angus told him all about how special Eva is. A good contrast, considering Raul was the one who would have been driving Gideon and Corrine around.