One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Gideon has eyes everywhere!

And hands, and mouth, and hair and ...... fill the blank as you wish!!! Oh my, now I'm :blush:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm under the impression that Gedeon's need to control Eva goes well beyond his concern about her safety and well-being.

He picks up clothes for her from her own wardrobe or chest of drawers.... at Gedeon's place, Eva even finds make-up in her usual colours!!! Perhaps he's only being kind...

I noticed that too, sometimes it borderlines creep but I mean hey he's a man about details! My man on the other hand can't even remember my favorite color so Eva is lucky lol

I'm thinking he's not very fond of her. I don't think he is able to be as forgiving as Eva. She is always making excuses for her mother. It's time she stopped the excuses. Eva's guilt over her mothers guilt is ridiculous. Eva shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around her mother because her mother was blind to what was happening for 4 years. I'm ranting. Monica infuriates me.

I think he will tolerate her for Eva's sake.

His mothers disastrous parenting wasn't quite along the same lines as Monica's, she believed Eva and had indisputable evidence. Elizabeth didn't have evidence, but chose not to believe Gideon. Still doesn't by all accounts.

Gideon has almost cut his mother off. Eva loves her mother. I wonder if Gideon loves his mother?

I noticed that too, sometimes it borderlines creep but I mean hey he's a man about details! My man on the other hand can't even remember my favorite color so Eva is lucky lol

Gideon takes notice of a lot of things. He's very observant. But doesn't say much.

They say the quiet ones are the most dangerous. Hmmmmm

Gideon takes notice of a lot of things. He's very observant. But doesn't say much.

They say the quiet ones are the most dangerous. Hmmmmm

I think I could put up with that dangerousness in a man.

I'm thinking he's not very fond of her. I don't think he is able to be as forgiving as Eva. She is always making excuses for her mother. It's time she stopped the excuses. Eva's guilt over her mothers guilt is ridiculous. Eva shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around her mother because her mother was blind to what was happening for 4 years. I'm ranting. Monica infuriates me.

I'm a MONICA HATER also ...

I really don't think it's control in this case I think he just worships her and is always afraid she will leave him so he tries to be indispensable to her...

I really don't think it's control in this case I think he just worships her and is always afraid she will leave him so he tries to be indispensable to her...

I agree.

This man will do anything(and he did) in his power for Eva. She is so precious to him. She has ultimate control over him. Simple.

I agree.

This man will do anything(and he did) in his power for Eva. She is so precious to him. She has ultimate control over him. Simple.

That's why we love him.

[i'm back after having some time out so I'm going to crossfire the thread with my postings *wink* hope you don't mind]

Hello, ladies

My Favorites

Chapter 3

1. line: And maybe, if I'm really lucky, you'll feel better tomorrow and like me again (p. 52)

2. paragraph: I was in love with that tender, deeply emotional man. And I resented the facade and his attempts tohide himself from me (p. 45)

3. scene: the couples therapy session

Chapter 4

1. line: The pain and degadration of my memories washed away beneath the selfless reverence of Gideon's patient caretaking (p. 60)

2. paragraph: We stood there for a long moment, surrounded by steam and secrets, physically close yet emotionally distant. I hated it. The urge to cry was overwhelming and I didn't fight it. It felt good to get it out. All the presssure of the long day seemed to flow out of me as I sobbed (p. 58)

3. scene: Gideon taking good care of Eva after she had a horrifying dream

My Favorites

Chapter 14

1. line: The fact that you won't explain his grudge against you makes me think you're at fault (p. 241)

2. paragraph: Tha fact that I was too tired to care one way or another said a lot about my own disconnection. Maybe there were people out there whose love could survive anything, but mine was fragile. It neeeded to be nurtured in order to thrive and grow (p. 245)

3. scene: Eva having lunch with Steven and Mark

Chapter 15

1. line: You got two left feet? (p. 263)

2. paragraph: So he and my father were in the position of struggling to find who would be the alpha, and I suspected I hung in the balance. As if anyone were in control of my life but me (p. 267)

3. scene: Eva dancing with her father

[This is my second time reading RIY and I just realized that somehow I'd skipped page 258. Reading "this yo-yo thing" put a smile on my face]

Peruse away

My Favorites

Chapter 14

1. line: The fact that you won't explain his grudge against you makes me think you're at fault (p. 241)

2. paragraph: Tha fact that I was too tired to care one way or another said a lot about my own disconnection. Maybe there were people out there whose love could survive anything, but mine was fragile. It neeeded to be nurtured in order to thrive and grow (p. 245)

3. scene: Eva having lunch with Steven and Mark

Chapter 15

1. line: You got two left feet? (p. 263)

2. paragraph: So he and my father were in the position of struggling to find who would be the alpha, and I suspected I hung in the balance. As if anyone were in control of my life but me (p. 267)

3. scene: Eva dancing with her father

[This is my second time reading RIY and I just realized that somehow I'd skipped page 258. Reading "this yo-yo thing" put a smile on my face]

Peruse away

A subtle little hint there!

Gideon's gathering of info about Eva goes waaay beyond GPS. Gideon had even already looked up the marital status of Parker, the situation and whereabouts of Shawna's boyfriend, etc. And I'm not even counting the obvious things like where Eva went to school, the brand and products she uses, clothing sizes, etc etc. He could never have had the time to do all that himself. He must have a head security guy who organizes those info searches.

Early on Eva asks if she really wants to know how extensive the research he's done on her is. Gideon's reply, "probably not." He was right because she would have freaked for sure.

Eva calls him on it sometimes, but she never changes him.

I'm under the impression that Gedeon's need to control Eva goes well beyond his concern about her safety and well-being.

He picks up clothes for her from her own wardrobe or chest of drawers.... at Gedeon's place, Eva even finds make-up in her usual colours!!! Perhaps he's only being kind...

In Gideons defense I think that is just a part of who he is. He may not even realize he is taking charge of the situation. He also said at one time he doesn't understand Eva's need for boundaries or rules (like hacking info from her cell phone w/out asking) but will respect them....

My hubby picks a lot of my clothes, and has similar issues with being sure I am safe.... But thankfully he isn't as overboard as Gideon. :-)