One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

[Hi, GiGi! You should check the EWY-Chapter One thread out]

Chapter 14

My Favorites

1. line: The only control I had was to be the one who left, instead of the one who was left behind (p. 211)

2. paragraph: My breath hissed out between my teeth. I wasn't sure what Gideon's motivation was, but the possibility that he'd dumped me over Nathan and was now making sure that he was safe from scandal hurt worse than anything. I twisted in pain, my spine arching away from the seat back. I'd thought it was his past that drove a wedge between us but it made more sense that it was mine (p. 208)

3. scene: Cary comforting Eva

*snapshot #15 and a chapter! yay!!*

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter Fifteen, a couple of things Gideon blurted out to Eva that made me want to cry .... these are on page 226

" I know you're disgusted by what you saw the other night .... what I was doing to myself ... I can make you want me again. Let me try."

Oh poor Gideon. This is the way he felt inside, all because some sick b****** raped him and his mother decided Gideon was simply some disturbed little liar. His rapist made him feel he was dirty and his mother made him feel he wasn't worthy of anyone.

And the story strongly suggests that the location where Gideon was blurting out this agony, in the library of the house he grew up in, was the "scene of the crime."

Hi Julie,

I read your comments and I have to say that if Gideon and Eva’s relationship was so “fragile†that it couldn’t withstand a little interplay from a rival, then I submit that it isn’t the right relationship for these two.  I know that must seem like a bold statement, but at the end of the day, being in a relationship is supposed to make a person better, not worse.

I have also been thinking about Gideon’s actions toward Eva and I have to say that they border on the obsessed.  That isn’t healthy or normal, but instead of accepting responsibility for his actions Gideon seems to be passing the buck (again a controversial statement).   

Everyone has been letting Gideon slide with his behaviour and I have to ask why?  Is it just the s** or his good looks?  Really, there has to be something more to this character…oh wait, he sat in his office/den, whatever and methodically and premeditatedly and coldly planned and executed the murder of another human being (admittedly a scumbag but still of the human variety).  So now we can add murderer to the list. 

I have also noticed that “justifiable homicide†has been bantered about as if Gideon’s actions could be somehow explained away, and again I don’t buy it. I would be so interested if we have any legal “eagles†in the forum to bring forth their knowledge and experiences with these types of cases (could we even have a judge or two in our illustrious panel of experts?  Fingers crossed! :))   Yes, yes I have heard that we the readers will be “taken to dark places†but I ask where is the light.   What is the upside to this story?   

As far as the Corinne off the “Christmas Card†list, that is not what has been mentioned.  It is a far cry for a man to say “listen I made a mistake and I don’t love you†but it is another thing entirely to go about purposely and falsely deceive someone who may be just as mentally unstable as these two.  What benefit is it of Gideon’s to go about and destroy another human being when helped to created this entire mess?  How do two wrongs make a right?

We are supposed to be talking about adults here and not kids.  What has been described sounds more like “high school anticsâ€.  Listen, had Eva and Corinne had a cat-fight, then fine.  I could have bought that scenario. Had Eva even bi*** slapped Corinne because she lost it, then I could even buy that, but what has been proposed is a little bit much. 

Now for the biggest challenge of all….Monica….Sigh!!!  I swear I think I could almost write an essay about that woman’s wrong doings, but for now I will strictly go by what Sylvia has written and not suppositions. 

• Eva told Gideon about her abuse and saw Stanton.  Monica melodramatically accosted Eva (accusing and asking in a horrified manner) asking her why she told Gideon (of all people) about the abuse.  That entire scenario played out like a soap-opera scene. Monica’s eyes were red while she was wringing her hands into the handkerchief…really?!  NOT ONCE did Monica ever ask her daughter if she was ok with telling a significant other about her past.  Not once did Monica ever ask her daughter how she felt about having to go down such a dark path.  The entire scenario played out with all of the sympathy shifting squarely onto Monica.  What the heck is that?!  How is that love?
  • As was mentioned in many other posts, Monica knew full well of Nathan’s presence in New York yet she said nothing.  Why?  Monica was never even forthcoming with having seen Nathan.
  • Monica knew about the videotapes and photos (although it is unclear whether she saw them). Why wouldn’t she say something to her daughter then?
  • Monica was aware that Nathan was trying to extort monies from Stanton (and perhaps Monica as well.  It is unclear whether Monica knew that Gideon was being blackmailed as well).  So why keep that information from Eva? 
  • Everyone keeps stating that Monica and Stanton may have been trying to protect Eva.  Where is the protection in any of those actions?  Someone show me one piece of concrete proof that these two and mainly Monica did anything to protect her daughter as an adult. 
  • Monica of all people would have known just how violent and hideous, a human being Nathan was.  She would have seen photos from the anal and vaginal scarring when Eva was a girl.  I am sure that the hospital or CPS would have shown her that evidence.  So how did Monica’s silence and lack of information benefit Eva’s safety?  
  • When given every single solitary opportunity to reveal information about what was going on during Nathan’s murder investigation; it was Eva who initiated the conversations and it was Eva who continued to dig and press Monica until she had nowhere to go but to start revealing information.  How was Monica protecting her daughter then? 
  • Over the course of two books; Monica never once, NOT ONCE EVER acknowledged her part (mistakes) in Eva’s neglect and abuse.  She never apologized once to Eva. 
  • If anything the reader is left listening to Eva apologize to her mother about one thing or another.  Really? 
  • When does Monica plan on atoning for her sins?  I am just curious…
  • Will we ever get to see Monica apologize to her daughter about what a stinky mother she was and continues to be to Eva?

Hi Gigi the scene in the limo with Monica melting down about Eva telling Gideon about her abuse is what really clues the reader in on what Monica is really like!!! Yes as I said before at the end of the day it's all about Monica ; Self absorbed, obsessed, guilt ridden Monica -I simply despise her!!

It's all

Chapter Fifteen, a couple of things Gideon blurted out to Eva that made me want to cry .... these are on page 226

" I know you're disgusted by what you saw the other night .... what I was doing to myself ... I can make you want me again. Let me try."

Oh poor Gideon. This is the way he felt inside, all because some sick b****** raped him and his mother decided Gideon was simply some disturbed little liar. His rapist made him feel he was dirty and his mother made him feel he wasn't worthy of anyone.

And the story strongly suggests that the location where Gideon was blurting out this agony, in the library of the house he grew up in, was the "scene of the crime."

AFTERNOON QUEEN OF THE POSTERS!

2 hours and counting!!!

I did cry at this chapter, here we have a grown man broken by some sicko, pleading to be taken back. Eva guilty for walking out on him. At least he is trying to let Eva in. It must be so hard when you have been closed off for so long. My stomach was in knots reading this.

By the way Christopher Vidal is a weasel. He will get his comeuppance.

We know now, because of some things Sylvia recently posted on this site, that Gideon/Monica/Stanton were all cooperating together to guard Eva's physical security, now that Nathan was a danger to her. It had been Monica who told Gideon that Nathan was the one who inflicted the near-fatal beating on Cary.

As for the killing itself, I firmly believe Gideon took that on himself, never informing Monica and Stanton, not before nor after the fact. I believe, too, that Angus was an accomplice. From the malarkey Detective Graves later fed Eva, the detective surmised Gideon ran on foot, 15 minutes each way, from the party to Nathan's hotel then back to the party. But too risky - Gideon's a celebrity. Someone would have recognized him, especially because he was dressed in a business suit, his mogul self who'd been being photographed by the press at that party. I think Angus drove him to and from Nathan's hotel, stood lookout, and disposed of the weapon while Gideon returned to the party.

Stanton and Monica also had motive to kill Nathan, and the cops focused on them too, putting real pressure on Stanton especially. Stanton would do anything to protect Monica and Eva from legal harm. And Stanton had every reason to believe that the same week Gideon probably did the deed, Gideon also dumped Eva for good. So Stanton would have no loyalty to Gideon anymore. Stanton had motive to chuck Gideon under the bus by telling the cops how Gideon had first come to him seeking information on where Nathan had ended up in the years since Nathan had been convicted of raping Eva. Gideon probably bet, correctly, Stanton had that information, given that years later, Stanton did some serious digging into the old court cases in order to identify people who might blab -- people Stanton wanted to pay to ensure those people kept their mouths shut.

I've though about this after re-reading this over and over. Considering the fact that he put a key to his place on her key ring, I believe in his mind he was sincerely thanking her for coming into his life. His mistake was to not see how it would have been perceived by Eva and not having any contact with her until the party at his parents. I came to this conclusion when he mentioned to her that he had a key made to her place and told her about the key to his. Seriously, how often do you look at the keys on your key ring?

Yes I totally agree rcmcap you certainly aren't breaking up with someone if you give them a key to your place but he should have mentioned it on the card or in some other manner but he did say that he wanted her to come back to him...

Even though Gideon did dump Eva, he never did cut the cord -- so he self-justified four days later that what happened wasn't a break-up (um, hello Mr. Denial -- you did dump her, and she took that, at the time, as your final answer.)

• Gideon still had had Eva's set of keys in his possession when she walked out on him Wednesday. Via Angus, Eva had given Gideon her keys on Tuesday, so that he could get into her apartment however late he arrived Tuesday night.
  • When Gideon sent the "Dear Jane" note, he also returned Eva's set of keys in the same envelope. But as we'd later learn, Gideon made a copy of her key before he gave those back.
  • Gideon found out about Dr. Petersen, because Eva was followed to Petersen's office on Thursday evening (she and Monica had their appointment that evening.) My guess is that Gideon himself was in the car with Angus driving.
  • By Sunday, Gideon had already made arrangements to become a patient of Petersen's, signing up both for individual therapy (which he'd attend on Tuesdays) and for couples therapy (he'd snagged that Thursday evening spot). Gideon had to have called Petersen's office on Friday.
  • Safe to say Gideon had Eva followed most of the time from Thursday onward.
  • She'd walked out on him -- he was waiting for her to make the next move by coming back.
  • By Sunday, he figured out maybe she wasn't coming back on her own (duh!) So he screwed up his courage to go after her. That's when he found out where she was when he went to seek her out -- she was attending the party at the Vidal estate.
  • Gideon didn't even wait for a driver to pick him up. He jumped into one of his cars and drove himself to the Vidals.

LN:

Based on this statement:

"We know now, because of some things Sylvia recently posted on this site, that Gideon/Monica/Stanton were all cooperating together to guard Eva's physical security, now that Nathan was a danger to her. It had been Monica who told Gideon that Nathan was the one who inflicted the near-fatal beating on Cary"

I guess that it safe to assume that Monica and Stanton know that it was Gideon who murdered Nathan?

Hi Julie,

I read your comments and I have to say that if Gideon and Eva’s relationship was so “fragile†that it couldn’t withstand a little interplay from a rival, then I submit that it isn’t the right relationship for these two.  I know that must seem like a bold statement, but at the end of the day, being in a relationship is supposed to make a person better, not worse.

I have also been thinking about Gideon’s actions toward Eva and I have to say that they border on the obsessed.  That isn’t healthy or normal, but instead of accepting responsibility for his actions Gideon seems to be passing the buck (again a controversial statement).   

Everyone has been letting Gideon slide with his behaviour and I have to ask why?  Is it just the s** or his good looks?  Really, there has to be something more to this character…oh wait, he sat in his office/den, whatever and methodically and premeditatedly and coldly planned and executed the murder of another human being (admittedly a scumbag but still of the human variety).  So now we can add murderer to the list. 

I have also noticed that “justifiable homicide†has been bantered about as if Gideon’s actions could be somehow explained away, and again I don’t buy it. I would be so interested if we have any legal “eagles†in the forum to bring forth their knowledge and experiences with these types of cases (could we even have a judge or two in our illustrious panel of experts?  Fingers crossed! :))   Yes, yes I have heard that we the readers will be “taken to dark places†but I ask where is the light.   What is the upside to this story?   

As far as the Corinne off the “Christmas Card†list, that is not what has been mentioned.  It is a far cry for a man to say “listen I made a mistake and I don’t love you†but it is another thing entirely to go about purposely and falsely deceive someone who may be just as mentally unstable as these two.  What benefit is it of Gideon’s to go about and destroy another human being when helped to created this entire mess?  How do two wrongs make a right?

We are supposed to be talking about adults here and not kids.  What has been described sounds more like “high school anticsâ€.  Listen, had Eva and Corinne had a cat-fight, then fine.  I could have bought that scenario. Had Eva even bi*** slapped Corinne because she lost it, then I could even buy that, but what has been proposed is a little bit much. 

Now for the biggest challenge of all….Monica….Sigh!!!  I swear I think I could almost write an essay about that woman’s wrong doings, but for now I will strictly go by what Sylvia has written and not suppositions. 

• Eva told Gideon about her abuse and saw Stanton.  Monica melodramatically accosted Eva (accusing and asking in a horrified manner) asking her why she told Gideon (of all people) about the abuse.  That entire scenario played out like a soap-opera scene. Monica’s eyes were red while she was wringing her hands into the handkerchief…really?!  NOT ONCE did Monica ever ask her daughter if she was ok with telling a significant other about her past.  Not once did Monica ever ask her daughter how she felt about having to go down such a dark path.  The entire scenario played out with all of the sympathy shifting squarely onto Monica.  What the heck is that?!  How is that love?
  • As was mentioned in many other posts, Monica knew full well of Nathan’s presence in New York yet she said nothing.  Why?  Monica was never even forthcoming with having seen Nathan.
  • Monica knew about the videotapes and photos (although it is unclear whether she saw them). Why wouldn’t she say something to her daughter then?
  • Monica was aware that Nathan was trying to extort monies from Stanton (and perhaps Monica as well.  It is unclear whether Monica knew that Gideon was being blackmailed as well).  So why keep that information from Eva? 
  • Everyone keeps stating that Monica and Stanton may have been trying to protect Eva.  Where is the protection in any of those actions?  Someone show me one piece of concrete proof that these two and mainly Monica did anything to protect her daughter as an adult. 
  • Monica of all people would have known just how violent and hideous, a human being Nathan was.  She would have seen photos from the anal and vaginal scarring when Eva was a girl.  I am sure that the hospital or CPS would have shown her that evidence.  So how did Monica’s silence and lack of information benefit Eva’s safety?  
  • When given every single solitary opportunity to reveal information about what was going on during Nathan’s murder investigation; it was Eva who initiated the conversations and it was Eva who continued to dig and press Monica until she had nowhere to go but to start revealing information.  How was Monica protecting her daughter then? 
  • Over the course of two books; Monica never once, NOT ONCE EVER acknowledged her part (mistakes) in Eva’s neglect and abuse.  She never apologized once to Eva. 
  • If anything the reader is left listening to Eva apologize to her mother about one thing or another.  Really? 
  • When does Monica plan on atoning for her sins?  I am just curious…
  • Will we ever get to see Monica apologize to her daughter about what a stinky mother she was and continues to be to Eva?
good afternoon Gigi.

I'm sure your asleep now. Probably tired out after all that typing. ;)

I was quoting your post regarding destroying Corrine . I don't think he will destroy her, but I do think he will cut her off, after the way she treated Eva. He has taken her out a couple of times, for him it was as a friend/alibi. But I don't think he would have led her on, implying that it was going to go anywhere. I think she was assuming that herself.

Eva and Gideons relationship is fragile because its still early days as a couple, given that they both have issues in their personal lives. As has been said, they are both virgins in this relationship.

As for Gideon killing Nathan. I don't think anyone is happy that he killed Nathan , but I can understand why he did. You could argue, it was kill or be killed. Detective Graves said it was only a matter of time before she was murdered.

I do think Monica Gideon and Stanton should have confided in Eva, but as we all know communication is lacking in this story.

As for Monica. Well I have already had my rant about her. See previous posting.

Getting ready for chapter one now. Speak later julie

LN:

Based on this statement:

"We know now, because of some things Sylvia recently posted on this site, that Gideon/Monica/Stanton were all cooperating together to guard Eva's physical security, now that Nathan was a danger to her. It had been Monica who told Gideon that Nathan was the one who inflicted the near-fatal beating on Cary"

I guess that it safe to assume that Monica and Stanton know that it was Gideon who murdered Nathan?

Oh I'm sure they've figured that out. But I seriously doubt he's told them. It's a secret he'd want to keep even deeper than the secret of him being a rape victim. He was terrified of Eva ever finding out he literally had blood on his hands. If he'd had his way, he's carry both of those secrets to his grave. Telling Stanton and Monica he did it would be seriously stupid from a legal point of view -- they could always turn state's evidence against him. But far worse, Monica could blurt out to Eva what he'd done. Obviously, Monica had already blurted out something Gideon never wanted Eva to know about, that rape pictures/video of her (Eva) existed.

And I just realized, the daily cheat sheet of the most recent chapter we've finished with .... I posted that to the wrong thread this morning. It goes in here, the chapter-a-day thread. So here it is:

Chapter Fourteen of Bared To You - The Reader's Guide

This chapter unfolds Thursday (day eleven.)

Key plot developments:

• Rather than talk about what's behind his sexually violent nightmares, Gideon dumped Eva via a "Dear Jane" note at work.
  • Gideon did, however, talk to Stanton about what Eva told him (Gideon) concerning Nathan, a conversation we hear about second hand from a mortified Monica.
  • Gideon's half-brother, Christopher, invited Eva and Cary to a music industry party the Vidal family had planned for that coming Sunday afternoon at their estate.
  • Eva joined her mother for a joint therapy appointment she (Eva) requested with Monica's therapist.

New characters:

Dr. Petersen - mentioned in passing several times before, this chapter is where he appears in a scene for the first time.

Gideon ends the relationship

Eva had walked out on Gideon Wednesday night because he lied to her when she asked for honesty about his sexually-violent nightmare that had awoken them both.

She texted him when she arrived home safe. But he didn't call, not then, nor call the next day.

Instead, he dumped her via a note at her office early Thursday afternoon. "Thank you, Eva, for everything. Yours, G." (page 206)

Eva's reactions were fear, agony - and anger. Anger that Gideon's had kicked her out of his orderly world because she'd threatened the status quo.

Cary later offered Eva this keen insight: "You know the drill, Eva. He's going to keep pushing you away, because he's expecting you to fail him like everyone else has." (page 211)

She (and we readers) had no way of knowing at the time that the incident with the nightmare was figuratively Gideon's worst nightmare. His whole adult sex life up to that point had been confined to hotel sex in order to avoid spending an entire night with a woman. His being horribly victimized as a young teen left him with a deep sense of shame and feelings he wasn't worthy of love. As an adult, he knew sooner or later, if he literally slept with a woman (as in fell asleep alongside her) she'd witness one of his nightmares, and would leave him in disgust.  This problem even stood in the way of him getting married.

Eva intuitively sensed some sort of sexual trauma must be involved. She walked out that night not out of being triggered by her own sexual demons, but because she'd learned in therapy dishonesty is a deal-breaker.

As upset as she had been Wednesday night, she hadn't planned on breaking up with Gideon. All along, she planned to try to work through the problem. By Thursday morning, she was already questioning whether she might have been wrong to have left his apartment.

But the next day, Gideon didn't dare even talk to her, not even on the phone, because he was too afraid. So he ended things via a notecard.

More Eva family drama

Though Gideon did not have the courage to even speak with Eva anymore, he still was gravely concerned about all she'd revealed to him concerning Nathan. Knowing that Stanton had paid money in recent years to help tighten the secrecy of the old legal proceedings, Gideon went to see Stanton at his (Stanton's) office.

A distraught Monica told Eva about it. "He wanted to know what's been done to prevent information leaks. And he wanted to know where Nathan is .... he wanted to know everything." (pages 207-208)

In return, Eva told her mother Gideon had the night to know to protect himself from blowback if the Nathan story got out and turned into a scandal that would tarnish Gideon's celebrity image.

Thursday evening, Eva attended the joint therapy session she'd demanded requested with her mother's therapist, Dr. Petersen, to discuss Monica having stalked Eva via a cell phone Monica had given her.

Dr. Petersen, who has been treating Monica for seriously dysfunctional obsessions over Eva's safety, even though Eva is a grown woman, reminded Monica in the session that what she (Monica) had done with the cell phone was wrong.

He reminded Monica that Eva needs both boundaries and a sense of control over her life, things that were taken from Eva a long time ago (when Nathan brutally victimized her from ages 10-14.)

After the appointment ended, Eva got a moment alone with the doctor to ask "Is it possible for two abuse survivors to have a functional romantic relationship?" (page 211). Dr. Petersen assured her "absolutely."

Two people connected to Gideon try to connect with Eva

Prior to the "Dear Jane" note on Thursday, which arrived mid-afternoon, two people connected to Gideon separately sought her out. One failed, one succeeded.

The failure was Magdalene, who showed up unannounced Thursday morning in the reception area at the advertising agency where Eva works. Rather than agree to see Magdalene, Eva immediately called upstairs to Gideon's assistant Scott, and asked him to send someone to get rid of her -- a ploy that worked. The agency main receptionist, Megumi,  reported with glee that Magdalene got upset when someone from Gideon's staff arrived to fetch her.

Christopher Vidal Jr., Gideon's half-brother, succeeded in reaching Eva - went to lunch with her, in fact. His reason for seeing her was to invite her to a garden party his parents were throwing on Sunday at their estate, a music industry celebrity mixer for Vidal Records. Christopher used Cary as leverage, suggesting the exposure would be good for Cary's modeling career.

Christopher admitted Gideon likely wouldn't go too,  because he never went to such events, despite being the majority shareholder in Vidal Records.

Christopher also explained Gideon's parents really wanted to meet her. Based on the photos published in the past few days (which included two separate occasions of displays of passion), the family concluded, "It's the first time we've seen him really into someone he's dating." (page 204).

Christopher had no way of knowing (nor did Eva during lunchtime) the new relationship had already fallen apart.

This too was supposed to go into this thread, not the "new clues" (snapshot) thread, a few hours ago.

Chapter A Day Re-Read Project - Today is Chapter Fifteen of Bared

This chapter starts Friday (day 12) and goes into Sunday (day 14)

Key plot developments:

• Gideon ended four days of zero contact with Eva on Sunday, tracking her down at the afternoon party his family was holding at their estate.
  • Gideon begged Eva for another chance, sorry about how things had gone Wednesday night (her walking out on him) and Thursday (him dumping her via a "Dear Jane" note.) As a show of his commitment to work on their relationship problems, he'd entered individual therapy and had set up couples therapy.
  • They made love in the library of his parents' mansion.

Once each of us has read Chapter Fifteen, our homework assignment from Sylvia herself is for each of us to pick our favorite quote or paragraph.

The chapter re-reads also have been the springboard here for lots of discussion. We're continuing to touch upon the chapter of the day, but even more, discussion has been jumping backward into the earlier chapters and forward in the story (even into Reflected and the Entwined snippets) as the re-reading leads us to analyze how different parts of the Crossfire saga have been connecting.

I'm sure Magdalene saw something awful in his eyes when he realized Eva just pulled a runner, probably a very serious one.

I think Corrine got a good look at his face too, and it dawned on her she had very serious competition. I even think something "snapped" inside of Corrine, because the gloves came off the very next day -- Corrine tried crashing Gideon's office, and then seized on an opportunity to pull the nooner stunt. Corrine went for all-her-glory triumph at the fundraiser to panic mode. What changed? Gideon -- running after Eva.

So true LN, Corrine I think was green with envy as Gideon never had that relationship with her and she has left her husband for Gideon only to have him at that time not interested in her

OK, doing my homework, which is to pick out a favorite quote or paragraph from the Chapter of the Day (which today is #14 in Bared to You.)

Cary, consoling Eva after Gideon dumped her, still held out hope things would work out. "I want there to be happily-ever-afters for the f*****-up crowd. Show me the way, Eva honey. Make me believe." (page 212)

One of my favourite quotes also, just gotta love some of the lines Cary comes out with :)

As I'm reading Chapter 14 where we start to see more of Christopher Jr when he and Eva go out to lunch. He's acting just like Corrine did in the beginning ~ trying to come off all sweet and nice to Eva but with a hidden agenda - he wants to take Eva away from Gideon just like Corrine wants Eva eliminated from the competition to Gideon's heart.  

In my opinion Chris & Corrine belong together because of their selfish ways and how dense they both are for thinking they even stand a chance of getting what they want. We see their true colors start to come out and show them for who they really are. I know a lot of you say Corrine would never go for Christopher because he's younger but when you have two people who want to tear apart Gideon and Eva, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they teamed up and tried to make more problems for our favorite couple. I hope not! lol  

So true Caroline, Chris Jnr is so envious of Gideon it is so obvious but he is also like a spoilt brat, he wants what the other has which can also be very dangerous, hopefully for him not Gideon lol :)

My heart actually was in my throat reading that part, so emotional you can really see how he would feel like that :)

Oh I'm sure they've figured that out. But I seriously doubt he's told them. It's a secret he'd want to keep even deeper than the secret of him being a rape victim. He was terrified of Eva ever finding out he literally had blood on his hands. If he'd had his way, he's carry both of those secrets to his grave. Telling Stanton and Monica he did it would be seriously stupid from a legal point of view -- they could always turn state's evidence against him. But far worse, Monica could blurt out to Eva what he'd done. Obviously, Monica had already blurted out something Gideon never wanted Eva to know about, that rape pictures/video of her (Eva) existed.

I agree LN I don't think he would ever want to put them in that situation or Eva knowing through another party