One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the other women who came before Eva, starting with Corrine, is was f****** plain and simple. With Eva, it was making love. Even that first time in the limo. It was only in hindsight he recognized it. He told her as much (see page 327).

He doesn't need toys in a hotel room with Eva. She's blown his mind in many other places and in many other ways -- he's learning all over again how to actually have consensual sex, the best kind ever - lovemaking.

(He'll take a b*** job in his office and monkey sex in the back of his limo over toys in a hotel room any day, LOL).

Couldn't agree more. He loves his Eva. Pure and simple.

Hello everybody!!

As for D/S relationships, I have something on my mind.

Eva's experience can be summed up in the term "master and servant", and all she knows about it was confirmed by a girl in group therapy: "her "master" could use her body any time and in any way he wanted, for his pleasure alone" (page 257). Does this description apply to Gedeon? I don't think so. I believe Eva hasn't realized yet that there's much more to the D/S relationship than meets the eye.

First and foremost, there's the difference between "power" and "control". Eva has already experienced her "female power" over Gedeon; now she will have to put her being "controlled" by him to the test. She's obviously not at ease with the situation Gedeon has been led her to imagine, because her past sexual abuses cannot but deeply affect her point of view. But she has already agreed to enter an unchartered territory with Gedeon, who is only trying at this point to find some safe marks in it.

Funny how it may seem, I've been told it's the sub who is in control in a D/S relationship. Through the "safeword" prerogative, the sub exerts a much more subtle control over the supposedly dom, for it's the sub who allows thing to be done to him/her only as long as he/she feels comfortable with them (and can "say when").

Therefore, by asking about a "safeword", Gedeon is only telling Eva he wants her to feel safe in their relationship.

But there's still a loooong way to go... for both of them.

PS. 'EVA' in German is spelled 'efa'... can you imagine???? lol

So in Chapters 16 and 17, we learn for certain Gideon's a dominant, and based on some of the partial stuff we know about the f*** pad back from Chapter 9, the story strongly suggest that Gideon's adventurous sexual nature involves some kinkiness. We also know the only place he'd ever taken lovers prior to Eva was that hotel. In Chapter 21, we'd learn the supposed reason Corrine finally threw down an ultimatum with Gideon - his refusal to spend entire nights with her.

What if there's more to it than that? What if at the time, Corrine couldn't handle Gideon's level of kinkiness, sensing what the pair of them weren't doing was making love? She finally figured out from the sex that Gideon was not acting like a man in love -- and so she was betting on the fact that if he stood to lose her, then he'd come to his senses he loved her? The REAL dealbreaker was Gideon was too closed off to fall in love?

Which might make sense why Corrine came running back now -- seeing photographic evidence through the tabloids that Gideon finally was open enough to fall in love. Even Deanna Johnson told Eva (in Entwined Chapter One) that Eva got the "iceman" to thaw. So it was apparent even to someone who didn't know Gideon well that he'd opened up. Corrine, who knew him a long time, even thanked Eva for getting Gideon to open up.

This could be long-term good for Eva -- if she can finally be convinced Gideon all along truly was different with her than with anyone else. None of those women who came before her -- that long line of brunettes -- mattered. Finally put her nagging insecurities to rest?

I guess it could have been an expensive bauble such as a promise necklace as opposed to a promise ring but I think your theory is certainly more likely considering Gideon's past sexual history

When Gideon starts opening up we will find out more about his past sexual history before Corinne and possibly with other woman by the time he met Eva.   Consensual relationship was thrown in the book a few times and we still haven't found out the last time he used the s#x swing.   Also the dom/sub is very dominant in the book too.  I really don't believe it will be like FSOG because Gideon said he wasn't into pain and bondange. I don't remember the exact words.

So in Chapters 16 and 17, we learn for certain Gideon's a dominant, and based on some of the partial stuff we know about the f*** pad back from Chapter 9, the story strongly suggest that Gideon's adventurous sexual nature involves some kinkiness. We also know the only place he'd ever taken lovers prior to Eva was that hotel. In Chapter 21, we'd learn the supposed reason Corrine finally threw down an ultimatum with Gideon - his refusal to spend entire nights with her.

What if there's more to it than that? What if at the time, Corrine couldn't handle Gideon's level of kinkiness, sensing what the pair of them weren't doing was making love? She finally figured out from the sex that Gideon was not acting like a man in love -- and so she was betting on the fact that if he stood to lose her, then he'd come to his senses he loved her? The REAL dealbreaker was Gideon was too closed off to fall in love?

Which might make sense why Corrine came running back now -- seeing photographic evidence through the tabloids that Gideon finally was open enough to fall in love. Even Deanna Johnson told Eva (in Entwined Chapter One) that Eva got the "iceman" to thaw. So it was apparent even to someone who didn't know Gideon well that he'd opened up. Corrine, who knew him a long time, even thanked Eva for getting Gideon to open up.

This could be long-term good for Eva -- if she can finally be convinced Gideon all along truly was different with her than with anyone else. None of those women who came before her -- that long line of brunettes -- mattered. Finally put her nagging insecurities to rest?

We can only hope this will be true!!!

With all the other women who came before Eva, starting with Corrine, is was f****** plain and simple. With Eva, it was making love. Even that first time in the limo. It was only in hindsight he recognized it. He told her as much (see page 327).

He doesn't need toys in a hotel room with Eva. She's blown his mind in many other places and in many other ways -- he's learning all over again how to actually have consensual sex, the best kind ever - lovemaking.

(He'll take a b*** job in his office and monkey sex in the back of his limo over toys in a hotel room any day, LOL).

LUV this!!!

Gideon has said all along he would never hurt Eva. Emotional yes he did, but not physically. He said he wanted to test her limits, but he would only take her as far as she could tolerate it. He knows he has limits because of her triggers, he wouldn't risk pushing her, for fear of tipping her over the edge. He would never forgive himself. It's her love that is healing him, and vice versa.

<p>

Well I'm very surprised but Sylvia responded to my question. Now we know.

• thanks Sharon

592182_19367188456_141938731_q.jpg

Sylvia Day Eva is pronounced Ay-vah - the Spanish pronunciation, because she's named after her grandmother on her father's side

We do know Gideon likes sex toys. Page 139 of Bared, when Eva starts finding stuff in the hotel room and it dawns on her it's actually a f*** pad.

"The top one on the left side held sex toys still in their packages. I didn't look at the drawers below that one. I'd seen enough."

What could the kinky Mr. Cross have stocked inside the drawers Eva didn't dare open?

Well LOL I found another throat reference!!! Before Eva went to lunch with Megumi that day she sexted Gideon that she wanted him in her mouth. When she was down in the lobby before exiting the building he phoned her saying "Your text made me hard Eva what are you going to do about it? My hand went to my throat!! So there you have it ladies we really are Crossessed!!

Well LOL I found another throat reference!!! Before Eva went to lunch with Megumi that day she sexted Gideon that she wanted him in her mouth. When she was down in the lobby before exiting the building he phoned her saying "Your text made me hard Eva what are you going to do about it? My hand went to my throat!! So there you have it ladies we really are Crossessed!!

those throats and brunettes keep popping up!!!

And I learned something -- I thought the Spanish pronounciation was EE-va. I stand corrected - it's AY-vah, like the German pronounciation. . It's similar to the German, which also is AY-vah (I know a German-American woman who pronounces her name AY-vah - but I also know an EE-va)

AGH, Julie! You're right. ::: head desk :::

Alternate explanation, though - when we suddenly see something that terrifies us, often we'll blurt something out - "oh my God" being probably the most common. But some of us will react with "stunned silence" instead, too shocked for words. And regardless of whether or not we say something, all of us usually will make some sort of gesture when suddenly frightened too. Throwing up a hand is common - some of us touch our mouths. Others, especially if we feel like we can't breathe, will raise a hand to our throat or our chest, like we were literally choking.

I think when Monica threw her hand up to her throat, it was because she almost felt she couldn't breathe, so scared was she at that very moment.

Corrine stroking her throat, when talking to Eva about Gideon, was a little weird - enough of a nervous gesture that Eva thought it was strange. What jumped to Eva's mind was Corrine was imaging wearing something on her throat, something no longer there but probably something she used to wear back when she was Gideon's girlfriend/fiancee. Eva's pretty intuitive at times, especially to body language. I think Eva's guess was right that the nervous gesture involved something that used to be around Corrine's throat. We know Gideon is a sexual dominant. A collar is something some doms would get a submissive to wear.

This is what I was thinking too.

<p>

Well I'm very surprised but Sylvia responded to my question. Now we know.

• 592182_19367188456_141938731_q.jpg

Sylvia Day Eva is pronounced Ay-vah - the Spanish pronunciation, because she's named after her grandmother on her father's side

This is good to know... I'll need to start saying it correctly in my mind when I'm reading :-D

Some names have two different pronounciations -- names of places, names of people.

AY-va is the way "Eva" would be pronounced in German. Trammell is a German surname. Based on Monica and Eva's blonde coloring, it's likely on her mother's side of the family, she's of German descent (or something similar, like Austrian).

Which reminds me of something I really got a kick out of during the scene in which Magdalene ambushes Eva in the ladies room. Magdalene Perez -- in looks and in name, Hispanic. Magdalene essentially tells the bathroom attendant to get lost, telling the woman in Spanish. Probably figuring Eva didn't know exactly what Magdalene said to the woman. Magdalene's first power play, in other words. But Eva understood every last word, and very politely asked the woman -- in Spanish herself -- "please." That earned Eva a raised eyebrow from Ms. Perez, who had underestimated her adversary. Go Eva!

Well Eva knows spanish because of Victor and its mentioned that her name came from Victor's mom. Well in spanish "e" are pronounced as an "a" would be so I guess it would make since to pronounce it Ava but I always said Eva with an "e" before reading the post on here.

Same here we need to practice for Entwined Cant wait!!! :)

Same here its been torture. I don't know if the snippets and clues make it better or worse but I do love talking to y'all and everybody's theories.