One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

This was the highlight of the interview for me:

"I can’t talk too much about Entwined with You because it’s not out yet. And that’s so hard, because I so want to talk tabout it! But there’s more alone time with Gideon and Eva as we move forward in the series and they grow stronger, so I’m really enjoying that as a writer."

and this:

" The third book is very different. Eva’s in a different place. At the end of Reflected in You, Gideon has made a pretty large sacrifice for her. Her big issues had been insecurities, concerns about other people and other women particularly in Gideon’s life. It’s hard to have those sorts of fears and self-doubt after somebody makes a huge sacrifice, like Gideon did for her. So she’s in a much more stable place as far as her comfort level with the relationship and being able to accept the depth of his commitment to her.

Gideon, however--what he’s done, there’s a lot of ramifications. Not just externally, but internally. So as she grows stronger, he’s actually struggling with more. That said, she’s really the anchor for that relationship. She has been from the beginning. So with her being stable, it brings new stability to the whole relationship, and readers will see a lot more moments of calm and connection between the two than we have seen in the previous books."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I can’t talk too much about Entwined with You because it’s not out yet. And that’s so hard, because I so want to talk tabout it! But there’s more alone time with Gideon and Eva as we move forward in the series and they grow stronger, so I’m really enjoying that as a writer."

and this:

" The third book is very different. Eva’s in a different place. At the end of Reflected in You, Gideon has made a pretty large sacrifice for her. Her big issues had been insecurities, concerns about other people and other women particularly in Gideon’s life. It’s hard to have those sorts of fears and self-doubt after somebody makes a huge sacrifice, like Gideon did for her. So she’s in a much more stable place as far as her comfort level with the relationship and being able to accept the depth of his commitment to her.

Gideon, however--what he’s done, there’s a lot of ramifications. Not just externally, but internally. So as she grows stronger, he’s actually struggling with more. That said, she’s really the anchor for that relationship. She has been from the beginning. So with her being stable, it brings new stability to the whole relationship, and readers will see a lot more moments of calm and connection between the two than we have seen in the previous books."

Maybe that will be the end of the yo-yo yo-you pattern!!

Maybe that will be the end of the yo-yo yo-you pattern!!

I was just thrilled to read they would be having more alone time... then I said duh *slaps forehead* they have to hide their relationship for most of the book, so of course they have a ton of alone time. :lmaosmiley:

and this:

This is a great interview.  I love all the little hints that Sylvia has released lately.  I just can't wait for the next book.  I think this alone time puts a new twist on some of the snapshots released.  I have a feeling that Eva and Gideonl look for ways to get away in the evenings maybe Atlantic City or hotels in NYC or the beach.  Can't wait.  (I know I said that already but I just can't wait.

Hi Kirsten thank you so much for posting that interview link . I think this interview was far more informative than the video chat!! I just can't wait for the book either it is just going to be fantastic and I can't imagine anyone on this forum will be disappointed. I can't wait for

the alone time with GidEva because it was sorely lacking in the other books and they were under duress most of the time. Eva is definitely Gideon's safe haven in the coming book and it will be great to see her strong and confident hopefully finally having defeated the TWIN DEMONS!!!

I was so thrilled when I saw the link. I love that Sylvia has been doing so much press and giving us so many clues as to what we can expect. I also feel the alone time is so necessary. I was relieved that Sylvia said that Eva is stronger this go round. I'm worried about poor Gideon and his demons though. It's certainly an uphill battle, but together I think they can do anything. I'm now trying to figure out when we will get book 4. I am hoping it's before the end of the year. Really I'm hoping it will be October/November, but that might be wishful thinking.

I was so thrilled when I saw the link. I love that Sylvia has been doing so much press and giving us so many clues as to what we can expect. I also feel the alone time is so necessary. I was relieved that Sylvia said that Eva is stronger this go round. I'm worried about poor Gideon and his demons though. It's certainly an uphill battle, but together I think they can do anything. I'm now trying to figure out when we will get book 4. I am hoping it's before the end of the year. Really I'm hoping it will be October/November, but that might be wishful thinking.

Yes I think Christmas season at the soonest and I think that is wishful thinking

Yes I think Christmas season at the soonest and I think that is wishful thinking

If it's not October/November I think it won't be until after the new year. Her new series is coming out in August with book 2 in December so I am thinking it won't be released in the same month as that one.

You know I really don't even want to look at the clues anymore I just want the BOOK :) :)

If it's not October/November I think it won't be until after the new year. Her new series is coming out in August with book 2 in December so I am thinking it won't be released in the same month as that one.

I think the publisher will try to get the book out by the end of the year, if possible.  Personally I think there is a lot of anger with the way this book's release was pushed back.  The publisher doesn't want to anger Syliva or her fans any more. 

and this:

Thanks Kirsten for posting this.

It's good to know that they have more alone time, with no outside interference. I do feel poor Gideons shoulders are very heavy with this extra burden of Nathan's death though, although he knows Eva is safe. Its Eva's turn to do something for Gideon, get him to open up. He needs to unburden himself, it's not healthy bottling it all up.

I just hope he doesn't buckle under the strain.

Thanks Kirsten for posting this.

It's good to know that they have more alone time, with no outside interference. I do feel poor Gideons shoulders are very heavy with this extra burden of Nathan's death though, although he knows Eva is safe. Its Eva's turn to do something for Gideon, get him to open up. He needs to unburden himself, it's not healthy bottling it all up.

I just hope he doesn't buckle under the strain.

I agree Julie, Eva I think is going to have to show Gideon each day how much she appreciates what he has done as I think if she does not show him how grateful she is and how much she loves him I think he will falter and he will slide back into a dark place 

Fantastic interview. Little more insight to EWY

Gave us more info about Cary and his issues, with a hint/never say never he could have his own story.

Loving Sylvia's favourite moment between Gideon and Eva in NC. When there was no outside intrusions. I reckon that all us ladies will second that.

I agree Julie, Eva I think is going to have to show Gideon each day how much she appreciates what he has done as I think if she does not show him how grateful she is and how much she loves him I think he will falter and he will slide back into a dark place

Hopefully with her love, support, and therapy he will escape from the dark side. The enormity of what he's done will be an overriding factor in his life. But Eva gratitude, and strength will pull him through. I'm sure of it.

Hopefully with her love, support, and therapy he will escape from the dark side. The enormity of what he's done will be an overriding factor in his life. But Eva gratitude, and strength will pull him through. I'm sure of it.

Hey Julie

I actually think that because they have to hide away from prying eyes, it will make them closer, they will have more time together to work on the problems and talk and have great s*x as well but I think this will be a huge turning point for both of them and will make them so much more stronger with each other and with themselves and the relationship and happier.  Well that is my hope anyway and as SD said there will be a HEA and I think this book will help lead the way :)

Chapter 4 of Reflected in You - The Readers Guide

This chapter covers Friday (day 18) starting in the pre-dawn hours and continuing through to breakfast time.

Key plot developments

• For the first time in ages, Eva suffered one of her own flashback nightmares of being raped.
  • When she'd fallen asleep, Gideon had been beside her in the bed. When he woke her up out of the nightmare, she found him fully clothed in her bedroom (him and Cary both). It turned out he'd gone out for a while after she fell asleep - where, he wouldn't say.
  • Eva asked Gideon to make love to her to chase away the lingering effects of the nightmare.
  • The next morning, while Gideon is still in Eva's room, Cary and Eva have a close friend-to-friend conversation, the first chance they'd had to really talk about the Corrine crisis - from her showing up at the fundraiser to her looking like Gideon f***** her in his office. They also discuss Cary's relationship with Trey, which is falling apart because of Cary's mistakes.

New characters

None in this chapter

Eva's present problems triggers her past

The chapter opened with Eva in the midst of a flashback nightmare in which her stepbrother, Nathan, rapes her.

She woke up struggling hard and crying, literally sick to her stomach, to find Gideon and Cary both with her in her room.

In the bathroom, as both her boyfriend and her best friend comforted her, a worried Cary pointed out to her, it's been a long time since she'd suffered one of the nightmares.

Early Friday morning, while Gideon was still in Eva's bedroom, she and her best friend talked in the kitchen, the first time they'd had any real time to talk since before Wednesday's night double-disaster (for her, meeting Corrine, for him, the orgy that signified sex life is spiraling into self-destructive mode.)

Cary told Eva point blank he believes the stress Gideon has been putting her under is what triggered the nightmare. Cary also noted she'd lost control by hitting Gideon the day before, yet another sign the situation is eating away at her.

Coming to the point, Cary said, "And he still won't tell you what's going on. Does that sound healthy to you?" (page 68)

In turn, Eva affirmed she wants to fight to make the relationship work, and said that Gideon too is fighting to make things work. "I'm not bailing when things get rough this time. Seriously Cary ... am I really that far ahead if I can't take any waves." (page 68)

In her mind, she recalled how Gideon had helped her sexually the night before to chase away the vestiges of the nightmare, taking exquisite care that their encounter did not trigger her physically.

However, new doubts already had begun to eat away at her. Gideon had left her apartment earlier in the evening while she was asleep and had stayed out until midnight, something she found out because when she came to from the nightmare, he was fully clothed. And he refused to tell her where he'd gone -- more secret keeping. So this new doubt of his slipping away in the night was added to her fear he did have sex with Corrine the day before. Despite what Eva told Gideon after couples therapy, she was not 100% convinced nothing happened -- and she told Cary she was convinced Gideon's brunette fixation is proof Corrine still has some sort of hold over Gideon.

Cary's past triggers present problems

During their one-on-one time Friday morning, Cary and Eva also got to discuss the other big matter they'd yet had time to talk about - her coming home unexpectedly early the other night to find Cary having group sex with three other people.

Among the unexpected consequences was that the guy Gideon punched for propositioning Eva wanted to press charges - Gideon broke his nose. Cary had to lie to the guy that he (Cary) had no idea who Eva had brought home with her that night.

Cary admitted to Eva he knew he'd screwed up, so much so that the day after (Thursday) he'd called Dr. Travis, their former therapist in San Diego. Talking with the psychologist over the telephone helped Cary put things into perspective.

Another talk Cary had Thursday didn't go so well -- with Cary's new boyfriend, Trey. He'd tried to again apologize for having hurt Trey earlier in the week, when Trey caught Cary in bed with Cary's new friends-with-benefits, Tatiana. Trey wants Cary to be gay instead of bisexual. And Trey has seriously cooled off toward Cary.

Cary confessed he's now considering whether or not to continue the new relationship, telling Eva, "I'm just not ready for the stress and demands of a complicated relationship right now. I'm working a lot. I'm not stable enough yet to be f***** up in the head." (page 67)

Cary added that Eva ought to consider whether she's at a point in life and emotional stability where she's ready to handle a complicated relationship.

Cary now clearly had developed doubts about whether Eva can handle being in a relationship with Gideon. Between Gideon's own nightmares, which caused Gideon to become violent toward Eva while he was still fast asleep, and now all the evidence Eva herself has been seriously triggered (the return of her own nightmares and her having erupted in violence herself by hitting Gideon) Cary is worried.

But for now, he accepted Eva's assurances she still wants to try to make it work. Both she and Gideon now are in treatment as a couple and Gideon on an individual basis too.

A Chapter A Day Re-Read Project - Today is Chapter 5 of Reflected in You

This chapter covers Friday (day 18) starting in the evening and goes through lunchtime Saturday (day 19)

Key plot developments

• Gideon's mood was withdrawn and pre-occupied all day Friday, with him unusually quiet - making Eva feel anxious he's pulling away from her. She bridged the widening gap between them lovemaking -- taking an opportunity to indulge her transportation fetish by having sex in one of Gideon's private jets en route to Las Vegas
  • Via their weekly Saturday phone conversation, her Dad announced he plans to visit her in New York the weekend after next. She told him she wants him to meet Gideon, taking her father by surprise, who before then had been told the relationship was nothing serious.
  • We readers learned more about her parents' past and some things about her own past, including her recent past from when she lived in San Diego.

After each of us has read Chapter 5, Sylvia would like to know what each of us liked best - either a quote or a paragraph.

Favorite quote in Chapter 5 is on page 75, when Eva has finally managed to coax Gideon out of his silent, withdrawn mood via coming on to him sexually in his plane as they're flying west toward Las Vegas (for her and Cary) and Arizona (his destination).

"What is it with you, sex, and modes of transportation?"

HAH!

Favorite quote in Chapter 5 is on page 75, when Eva has finally managed to coax Gideon out of his silent, withdrawn mood via coming on to him sexually in his plane as they're flying west toward Las Vegas (for her and Cary) and Arizona (his destination).

"What is it with you, sex, and modes of transportation?"

HAH!

love that quote also LN, one of my favourites of the book and so funny :)

and this:

Theories:

Alone time and external ramifications = the need to sneak around will continue to be an issue.

• I think they'll need to stay under cover for nearly all of the novel. But this can be a good thing, because they'll have one another's undivided attention.
  • It'll be almost like North Carolina but in the middle of New York - them staying in and hiding from the outside world as they hide with one another. (Well, mostly staying in -- I'm dying to read that sex-in-the-nightclub chapter!)

Insecurities and concerns about other people ... her comfort level being stable ... he's actually struggling with more = externally, the two love triangles will continue to be issue.

• But Eva-Gideon-Corrine isn't going to trigger Eva anymore; she'll be able to handle the situation moving forward, knowing now for sure Gideon is hers (Eva's).
  • However, the Gideon-Eva-Brett triangle, which already had been causing Gideon to lose control, is going to be even harder for him to bear, because of Gideon's own insecurities. He'd lost control by beating Brett up. Then he took a horrible risk by contacting Eva at a time when he desperately needed to 100% avoid her, took the risk because Brett gave an interview indicating he (Brett) had reconnected with Eva and wanted a second shot at a relationship with her.
  • Now Gideon has to suffer in silence and exercise extreme self control during whatever happens next. The fact Deanna Johnson already knows about Brett now means the tabloids are about to go nuts with all sorts of stories linking Brett and Eva -- some truths, some half truths and some lies. Plus, Brett has the freedom to approach Eva without any overt ramifications from Gideon.

Her being stable .... new stability to the whole relationship .... a lot more moments of calm and connection = New Eva is in charge

• Old Eva, with her own raging issues, was also to blame for the relationship turning rocky and then falling apart.
  • But finally, she's faced down her twin demons of jealousy and insecurity. No more outbursts, no more over-the-top bad reactions -- no more running away when things get rough. Definitely no more of the wound-and-run pattern Dr. Travis had worked so hard to break but which came back during the early days of her relationship with Gideon.
  • So now he'll finally be able to face his own demons of insecurity and jealousy -- and fear of abandonment. Circumstances will help teach him to finally trust Eva.

My favourite paragraph.

Claiming me. Possessing me.

"Crossfire," he whispered, reminding me of my safe word?

I moaned as my s*x rippled in climax, tightening and squeezing, milking him greedily.

"Feel that?" Gideons tongue traced the shell of my ear, his breath gusting in humid pants. "You've got me by the throat and the balls." Wheres the distance, angel."

For the next three hours, there was none.

Theories:

Alone time and external ramifications = the need to sneak around will continue to be an issue.

• I think they'll need to stay under cover for nearly all of the novel. But this can be a good thing, because they'll have one another's undivided attention.
  • It'll be almost like North Carolina but in the middle of New York - them staying in and hiding from the outside world as they hide with one another. (Well, mostly staying in -- I'm dying to read that sex-in-the-nightclub chapter!)

Insecurities and concerns about other people ... her comfort level being stable ... he's actually struggling with more = externally, the two love triangles will continue to be issue.

• But Eva-Gideon-Corrine isn't going to trigger Eva anymore; she'll be able to handle the situation moving forward, knowing now for sure Gideon is hers (Eva's).
  • However, the Gideon-Eva-Brett triangle, which already had been causing Gideon to lose control, is going to be even harder for him to bear, because of Gideon's own insecurities. He'd lost control by beating Brett up. Then he took a horrible risk by contacting Eva at a time when he desperately needed to 100% avoid her, took the risk because Brett gave an interview indicating he (Brett) had reconnected with Eva and wanted a second shot at a relationship with her.
  • Now Gideon has to suffer in silence and exercise extreme self control during whatever happens next. The fact Deanna Johnson already knows about Brett now means the tabloids are about to go nuts with all sorts of stories linking Brett and Eva -- some truths, some half truths and some lies. Plus, Brett has the freedom to approach Eva without any overt ramifications from Gideon.

Her being stable .... new stability to the whole relationship .... a lot more moments of calm and connection = New Eva is in charge

• Old Eva, with her own raging issues, was also to blame for the relationship turning rocky and then falling apart.
  • But finally, she's faced down her twin demons of jealousy and insecurity. No more outbursts, no more over-the-top bad reactions -- no more running away when things get rough. Definitely no more of the wound-and-run pattern Dr. Travis had worked so hard to break but which came back during the early days of her relationship with Gideon.
  • So now he'll finally be able to face his own demons of insecurity and jealousy -- and fear of abandonment. Circumstances will help teach him to finally trust Eva.
I love reading your comments, you go into such depth and detail.

Makes my couple of lines look insignificant.

Bet your one awesome journalist. :)

My favourite paragraph.

Claiming me. Possessing me.

"Crossfire," he whispered, reminding me of my safe word?

I moaned as my s*x rippled in climax, tightening and squeezing, milking him greedily.

"Feel that?" Gideons tongue traced the shell of my ear, his breath gusting in humid pants. "You've got me by the throat and the balls." Wheres the distance, angel."

For the next three hours, there was none.

Yes I LUV this line too it is soooo hot...

I love that he constantly reminds her of her safe word. He is so worried about her well being, not wanting to trigger her. Even in THAT limo ride to NC. Mind you, there were two reasons for reminding her then.

Her safety, his safe haven is paramount.