One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Hi everyone,
At the end of chapter one Eva ran into Gideon in the elevator going down after her first day of work.  Was it coincidence or did Gideon orchestrate the meeting?  What does everyone think?  Thoughts?  Opinions?

Funny you bring that up. I was thinking that same thing today. How would he know she was on the elevator.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory is just before 5 p.m. Gideon grabbed an elevator all to himself on the top floor of the Crossfire, stuck his elevator key into the panel, and rode the elevator down to 20.  And just kept waiting there, letting the door open each time someone hit the "down button." If it was anyone other than Eva, he'd do some polite brush-off to stop them from entering the elevator (naturally, all the regulars in the building would recognize him and backed off, taking the next elevator.) He repeated this maneuver however many times it took for the elevator doors to open to finally reveal Eva preparing to go down to the lobby.

He lucked out catching her alone, but I doubt the presence of other people from her floor would have stopped him from trying to talk to her. When necessary, he's shared crowded elevators with her. But he keeps his hands to himself unless they're alone.

Sylvia has given us reading homework, via Facebook post: "So, today is Day 1 of the BARED and REFLECTED chapter-a-day reread countdown. I'm going to ask you later to post your favorite line or paragraph from BARED Chapter One. Homework time!"

Already got mine picked out. Eva's just walked out of the Crossfire lobby after having run into Gideon for the very first time. She catches sight of her own face reflected in the tinted windows of a vehicle parked at the curb (Gideon's Bentley, co-incidentally, not that she knows it's his car. In fact, she doesn't even know who he is, other than he's very hot and obviously rich.)

I was flushed and my gray eyes were overly bright. I'd seen that look on my face before -- in the bathroom mirror just before I went to bed with a man. It was my I'm-ready-to-f*** look and it had absolutely no business being on my face now. ~ Eva, Bared to You, top of page 8.

I love that line too LN.

Hi SD my favorite hands down is "why even call it a f---, why not be clear and call it a seminal emission in a pre approved orifice" hands down fave of both books love it SD!!!

Oh I'll jump a little ahead too (with apologies to Shazz -- we can't seem to restrain ourselves any easier than, say, Gideon can restrain himself around Eva.)

This isn't my favorite line, but it is a follow-up to the seminal emission line, one Gideon throws back in Eva's face a little later, when they finally get down to negotiations about her agreeing to go to bed with him soon. 

"I'm warning you, if you say anything about orifices, preapprovals or seminal emissions, I won't be held accountable for my actions."

~ Gideon to Eva, Bared page 63.

Oh I'll jump a little ahead too (with apologies to Shazz -- we can't seem to restrain ourselves any easier than, say, Gideon can restrain himself around Eva.)

This isn't my favorite line, but it is a follow-up to the seminal emission line, one Gideon throws back in Eva's face a little later, when they finally get down to negotiations about her agreeing to go to bed with him soon. 

"I'm warning you, if you say anything about orifices, preapprovals or seminal emissions, I won't be held accountable for my actions."

~ Gideon to Eva, Bared page 63.

I just love that whole office scene I just love that whole book can't wait till June 4th!!

BTY page 6:

"His voice was cultured and smooth, with a rasp that made my stomach flutter. It brought sex to mind. Extraordinary sex. I thought for a moment that he might be able to make me ###### just by talking long enough."

DELICIOUS...

I knew none of us could stick to one chapter a day!!!!!!

Impossible

I love the office scene the first one on the Friday lunchtime

Then we've got the Tuesday

But I also think the bar scene is good

but wait a second there isn't a scene in BTY or RIY that I don't think is great .

Can't wait to see the first chapter in may to keep us going until June !

That's not chapter 1 your getting a head if yourself .

It's a chapter a day until we get EWY

Hi ShazScott1980,

You are great!  I can just see everyone scrambling to pick out their favourite lines from the book and waiting until the appropriate time to post first!  A new frenzy has begun!  So until we get to EWY I guess that line is still up for grabs (just kidding)! :)  :)

Mine is

He was the kind of guy who made a woman want to rip his shirt open and watch the buttons scatter along with her inhibitions. I looked at him in his civilised, urban, outrageously expensive suit and thought of raw, primal, sheet-clawing f***ing. Page 6&7.

Think we deserve an A*.

I love that line!!!

Hi everyone,

How about from page 8.  "Five minute with Mr. Dark and Dangerous and I was filled with any edgy, restless energy.  I could still feel the pull of him, the inexplicable urge to back inside where he was."

Ok, so there are two lines there, but I am sure we all get the picture...Sigh!  So many of the good lines are gone...Sigh! :)

Hi SD my favorite hands down is "why even call it a f---, why not be clear and call it a seminal emission in a pre approved orifice" hands down fave of both books love it SD!!!

Hi Sscrph,

You are jumping the gun girl! :)  That is however a great line!!!  :)

Hi Everyone,

All this mention has been made of Gideon and the elevator and I could just see Gideon riding up and down the elevator waiting for Eva to show up and not letting any other people on while waiting.  Could it be that Gideon was acting like a "love-sick" school boy who had a crush on a girl?  What does everyone think?

Mine is

He was the kind of guy who made a woman want to rip his shirt open and watch the buttons scatter along with her inhibitions. I looked at him in his civilised, urban, outrageously expensive suit and thought of raw, primal, sheet-clawing f***ing. Page 6&7.

Think we deserve an A*.

This is also my favorite first chapter quote :-D

Morning ShazScott

Starting the day with a big grin on my face after reading these pages. Hate going to bed when America is still posting. Have to do catchup over my cereal.

I still maintain it was love at first sight for our hero. Although he went about it in a very clumsy way!

Got to go and do this work thing now. Have a good day

Wonder what the homework will be today. My favourite line is

I looked to Mark for guidance, still recovering from the moments I'd spent plastered against the sexual superconductor in Fioravanti. Cross leaned closer and ordered quietly, "sit Eva ".

There's nothing we wouldn't do for this man, right girls. Sigh!!!