Entwined With You- Chapter One

Wow. Now that I retread this, it is amazing how much their thoughts about one another are the same. Neither of them realize how special they are. Gideon can't understand why Eva wants him and Eva can't understand why Gideon wants her. They are so made for one another. It would be great to have more chapters from Gideon's point of view!!

It's funny because Cary make this point to Eva very early on that they are having a similar thought process... Cary is a voice of reason at times... ya know when he's not stirring the pot. ;)

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LN is it not longer than 3 weeks when you think of the things:-

First Charity Dinner - Red Dress, that was a saturday

Weekend chilling stayed in all weekend, Cary went to late photo shoot

Vegas Weekend

Beach weekend

Advocacy Dinner or was that not a weekend

Dad's arrival weekend

and I think there were another couple when they were just chilling watching TV and staying in, I think it is about 6 weeks by now but I know I have the order wrong

I maybe wrong but I thought it was a wee bit longer than 3 weeks

It's been only about heading toward three weeks that Gideon has been seeing Corrine again, not three weeks he'd been with Eva.

He and Eva became involved with one another while Corrine was still over in France.

It's possible they may have spoken on the phone after that fundraiser fiasco, but Gideon obviously didn't see Corrine since he left her sitting there at the dinner table to race after Eva. He continued to spend all his free time with Eva, up to and including that weekend away to North Carolina.

Timeline for Corrine going out with Gideon again:

• Monday - Gideon finds out Nathan beat up Cary. He took Corrine out that night so that a photographer could see them together, and it's probable he leaked her identity as his former fiancee so that the news would get out right away -- would get out to Nathan, to help defuse Nathan while Gideon desperately figured out what to do next.
  • Thursday - Gideon takes Corrine as his date to the party, making sure they get photographed together. This is the night Nathan died.
  • Saturday - Eva dumpes Gideon after seeing the picture of him and Corrine together at the party.
  • Eight day stretch - Gideon has no contact with Eva after she called him to dump him. Also, Eva quit reading about Gideon anymore. So whatever stories and photos had been running since then, Eva never saw any of it. But Gideon almost certainly was continuing to spend time with Corrine during this time period. He had to. He was now chief suspect.
  • Monday two weeks to the day since Gideon first took Corrine out to dinner. Gideon parades Corrine through the Crossfire lobby for the benefit of the security cameras after 5 p.m., likely to counter the fact that earlier in the day, he approached Eva in the lobby. When he walked Corrine out to his car and climbed into it with Corrine, he knew Eva had left the Crossfire for the day. Unfortunately, she hadn't left the immediate vicinity outside, and so she caught sight of him and Corrine -- and got angry, flipping him off.
  • Wednesday night: this is where we now stand. And from what that evil reporter said to Eva, the whole world knows Gideon is back with Corrine.

Eva and Gideon's involvement has gone on longer than three weeks. 

LN is it not longer than 3 weeks when you think of the things:-

First Charity Dinner - Red Dress, that was a saturday

Weekend chilling stayed in all weekend, Cary went to late photo shoot

Vegas Weekend

Beach weekend

Advocacy Dinner or was that not a weekend

Dad's arrival weekend

and I think there were another couple when they were just chilling watching TV and staying in, I think it is about 6 weeks by now but I know I have the order wrong

I maybe wrong but I thought it was a wee bit longer than 3 weeks

Sheens I think LN meant that it had been about 3 weeks since Corrine and Gideon started "dating." Time spent with a woman he's not actively f*!king. ;)

Gideon broke more than her heart. He broke her trust. She's right to still be leery. They're still trapped in the middle of the whole mess. Quite frankly, it'd be unhealthy for her to just "let it all go." She's got gaping, bleeding wounds still, that need healing. To just let it go would be denial -- it'd be shoving that pain down deep inside to fester, and then grow malignant.

Part of healing her broken heart is to process the emotions, which include a lot of anger. Thank God Eva has, through the help of therapy, developed ways of doing so. Though she still sometimes slips into her older, destructive patterns, there are other times when "New Eva" is the one who prevails, the healthy part of her.

And New Eva definitely had come out as she faced Gideon. Here's my thoughts on a key part of the conversation:

“You cut me off. Shut me out. You and me–â€

Eva telling him what he did to her was wrong.

“Forever.†His fingertips pressed against my parted lips. “It’s over, Eva. Don’t argue about something that’s too late to change.â€

Gideon didn't want to go there. Probably because he was scared she was about to say she'd never forgive him for it. He'd pushed her away permanently.

I brushed his hand away. “Is it over? Can we be together now, or are we still hiding our relationship from the police? Are we even in a relationship?â€

Eva refused to let the matter drop. She demanded an answer from him - has Gideon decided, as part of killing Nathan to save her life, that they can never be together again. After all, Gideon on his own had decided to call all the shots, giving her no choice in the matter. Is the choice he made, which still stands, that he'll stay away forever.

Gideon held my gaze, hiding nothing, letting me see his pain and fear. “That’s what I’m here to ask you.â€

Gideon's the one who actually needs the answer here -- ARE they finished as a couple forever? He's lost all control of the situation now. As recently as the day before, he'd been promising Eva he was going to go back to her as soon as he could, when whatever reason he had stayed away was done. Now he's scared the door has been slammed forever shut. There's no more "wait." It's "done."

“If it’s up to me, I’ll never let you go,†I said vehemently. “Never.â€

Eva's angry she never got any say in the matter. She believes she still hasn't got a say in the matter.

Gideon’s hands slid down my throat to my shoulders, blazing a hot trail across my skin. “I need that to be true,†he said softly. “I was afraid you’d run… that you’d be afraid. Of me.â€

Gideon's terrified he's the one who lost all say in the matter. This is his worst nightmare.

“Gideon, no–â€

It dawned on Eva what he's scared of - that the violent thing he'd done would mean she'd never feel safe around him again. She's now stopped arguing, recognizing what's really going on here. Yes, she still is entitled to a lot of answers out of him concerning how he emotionally mistreated her, but he's in front of her asking the hardest questions of his life.

“I would never hurt you.â€

He's begging her to not be afraid of him. But he's so convinced she is -- how could she not be.

I caught the waistband of his sweats and tugged, even though I couldn’t budge him. “I know that.â€

She's trying to convince him she isn't physically afraid of him ever raising a hand to her.

And physically, I had no doubts; he’d always been careful with me, always cautious. But emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision. I was struggling with reconciling the absolute trust I had in Gideon’s awareness of my needs and the wariness that came from a shattered heart still healing.

Inside, she's convinced he's not capable of violence against her. But she knows he's more than capable of mentally/emotionally harming her, has already in fact very deliberately done it to her. So she's scared of that - scared of his control pattern, which including manipulating her in order to control her.

“Do you?†He searched my face, as attuned as always to what wasn’t said. “Letting you go would kill me, but I wouldn’t hurt you to keep you.â€

He can see in her face, in her eyes, that a part of her is afraid of him emotionally. He no longer deserves her trust. So he's letting her know he's not going to try to manipulate her anymore as part of what's still going on, try to force her emotionally to do what he wants. If she wants out, he'll set her free. She won't have to spend the rest of her life being followed by him.

“I don’t want to go anywhere.â€

Yeesh, what's it going to take to convince the man Eva is staying put this time. She's not going to run anymore. She doesn't want him gone for good. She wants him.

He exhaled audibly. “My lawyers will be talking to the police tomorrow, to get a feel for where things stand.â€

OK, so he's kinda convinced now she actually may mean it when she says she still wants him. So now he's switching to practical matters - what's being done about the criminal case, the big mess that now they're both in.

Tilting my head back, I pressed my lips gently to his. We were colluding to hide a crime, and I’d be lying if I said that didn’t seriously bother me – I was the daughter of a police officer, after all – but the alternative was too awful to consider.

She understands now she's actively playing a role, after the fact, in Gideon's plan to get away with what he did. She's got two choices now - help him or stand back while the cops take him down.

“I have to know that you can live with what I’ve done,†he said softly, wrapping my hair around his finger.

He's being realistic here. Even though she says she still wants him, what has happened could eat away at her, eat away at them. Can she spend the rest of her life with someone who killed a person?

“I think so. Can you?â€

She's being honest. She's pretty sure she can. Certainly, she's willing to try. She wants to know if he thinks that he in turn can live with what he'd done.

His mouth found mine again. “I can survive anything if I have you.â€

As long as he has her, nothing else matters. He'll get through anything.

It will be a difficult journey but i really believe that these two are made for each other. And as long as the have the other they will be able to work through their problems. They just need to work on communication.

no problem, I would have liked that too.  You should go in, I joined it as it is fun reading the stories, they have even done ones of Mark and Steven which is great to give you a feel of the different characters like I say it is fun and it has passed the time between books.  I also comment on the story lines (sheena on the FB site which is my real name anyway)

I was reading some of it.   I started laughing at the food fight.

Gideon broke more than her heart. He broke her trust. She's right to still be leery. They're still trapped in the middle of the whole mess. Quite frankly, it'd be unhealthy for her to just "let it all go." She's got gaping, bleeding wounds still, that need healing. To just let it go would be denial -- it'd be shoving that pain down deep inside to fester, and then grow malignant.

Part of healing her broken heart is to process the emotions, which include a lot of anger. Thank God Eva has, through the help of therapy, developed ways of doing so. Though she still sometimes slips into her older, destructive patterns, there are other times when "New Eva" is the one who prevails, the healthy part of her.

And New Eva definitely had come out as she faced Gideon. Here's my thoughts on a key part of the conversation:

“Forever.†His fingertips pressed against my parted lips. “It’s over, Eva. Don’t argue about something that’s too late to change.â€

Gideon didn't want to go there. Probably because he was scared she was about to say she'd never forgive him for it. He'd pushed her away permanently.

I brushed his hand away. “Is it over? Can we be together now, or are we still hiding our relationship from the police? Are we even in a relationship?â€

Eva refused to let the matter drop. She demanded an answer from him - has Gideon decided, as part of killing Nathan to save her life, that they can never be together again. After all, Gideon on his own had decided to call all the shots, giving her no choice in the matter. Is the choice he made, which still stands, that he'll stay away forever.

Gideon held my gaze, hiding nothing, letting me see his pain and fear. “That’s what I’m here to ask you.â€

Gideon's the one who actually needs the answer here -- ARE they finished as a couple forever? He's lost all control of the situation now. As recently as the day before, he'd been promising Eva he was going to go back to her as soon as he could, when whatever reason he had stayed away was done. Now he's scared the door has been slammed forever shut. There's no more "wait." It's "done."

Eva's angry she never got any say in the matter. She believes she still hasn't got a say in the matter.

Gideon’s hands slid down my throat to my shoulders, blazing a hot trail across my skin. “I need that to be true,†he said softly. “I was afraid you’d run… that you’d be afraid. Of me.â€

Gideon's terrified he's the one who lost all say in the matter. This is his worst nightmare.

“Gideon, no–â€

It dawned on Eva what he's scared of - that the violent thing he'd done would mean she'd never feel safe around him again. She's now stopped arguing, recognizing what's really going on here. Yes, she still is entitled to a lot of answers out of him concerning how he emotionally mistreated her, but he's in front of her asking the hardest questions of his life.

He's begging her to not be afraid of him. But he's so convinced she is -- how could she not be.

I caught the waistband of his sweats and tugged, even though I couldn’t budge him. “I know that.â€

She's trying to convince him she isn't physically afraid of him ever raising a hand to her.

And physically, I had no doubts; he’d always been careful with me, always cautious. But emotionally, my love had been used against me with meticulous precision. I was struggling with reconciling the absolute trust I had in Gideon’s awareness of my needs and the wariness that came from a shattered heart still healing.

Inside, she's convinced he's not capable of violence against her. But she knows he's more than capable of mentally/emotionally harming her, has already in fact very deliberately done it to her. So she's scared of that - scared of his control pattern, which including manipulating her in order to control her.

“Do you?†He searched my face, as attuned as always to what wasn’t said. “Letting you go would kill me, but I wouldn’t hurt you to keep you.â€

He can see in her face, in her eyes, that a part of her is afraid of him emotionally. He no longer deserves her trust. So he's letting her know he's not going to try to manipulate her anymore as part of what's still going on, try to force her emotionally to do what he wants. If she wants out, he'll set her free. She won't have to spend the rest of her life being followed by him.

Yeesh, what's it going to take to convince the man Eva is staying put this time. She's not going to run anymore. She doesn't want him gone for good. She wants him.

He exhaled audibly. “My lawyers will be talking to the police tomorrow, to get a feel for where things stand.â€

OK, so he's kinda convinced now she actually may mean it when she says she still wants him. So now he's switching to practical matters - what's being done about the criminal case, the big mess that now they're both in.

Tilting my head back, I pressed my lips gently to his. We were colluding to hide a crime, and I’d be lying if I said that didn’t seriously bother me – I was the daughter of a police officer, after all – but the alternative was too awful to consider.

She understands now she's actively playing a role, after the fact, in Gideon's plan to get away with what he did. She's got two choices now - help him or stand back while the cops take him down.

“I have to know that you can live with what I’ve done,†he said softly, wrapping my hair around his finger.

He's being realistic here. Even though she says she still wants him, what has happened could eat away at her, eat away at them. Can she spend the rest of her life with someone who killed a person?

“I think so. Can you?â€

She's being honest. She's pretty sure she can. Certainly, she's willing to try. She wants to know if he thinks that he in turn can live with what he'd done.

They have alot of work to do.   Eva definitely needs to give him a piece of her mind.

I was reading some of it.   I started laughing at the food fight.

Hi Donnad, if you go into the fanfiction site the story one and go into the terms and conditions that Gideon Cross (the writer person) had put on in the reading room I think it is then you can go into Docs and there are lists of all the stories they have written.  Yes the food fight is a really good one, really lets them loosen up

I hope you find it and enjoy them. I do :)

“Gideon, no–â€

“I think so. Can you?â€

have to agree with you. Couldn't have put it better myself. Yes communication. At long last!

Part of the fun of going over each novel (Bared and Reflected) one chapter per day is I'm building a master timeline. Here's the Bared to You timeline.

Week one: Gideon spent Monday through Friday chasing Eva in vain. Saturday, he got her -- and immediately lost her.

Week two: Gideon spent Monday through Wednesday being a boyfriend. Then he dumped her Thursday.

Week three (partial): on Sunday, Gideon convinced Eva to take him back. That's where we currently stand, reading Chapter 15 today. Later this week (Wednesday night) is when Bared to You ends. 

So the whole early part of their relationship ran about 2 1/2 weeks.

It's funny because Cary make this point to Eva very early on that they are having a similar thought process... Cary is a voice of reason at times... ya know when he's not stirring the pot. ;)

I think you are right, but the way Cary stirs the pot makes me nervous sometimes. He has caused a couple of problems with his pot stirring and I don't understand why he would do that.

Part of the fun of going over each novel (Bared and Reflected) one chapter per day is I'm building a master timeline. Here's the Bared to You timeline.

Week one: Gideon spent Monday through Friday chasing Eva in vain. Saturday, he got her -- and immediately lost her.

Week two: Gideon spent Monday through Wednesday being a boyfriend. Then he dumped her Thursday.

Week three (partial): on Sunday, Gideon convinced Eva to take him back. That's where we currently stand, reading Chapter 15 today. Later this week (Wednesday night) is when Bared to You ends. 

So the whole early part of their relationship ran about 2 1/2 weeks.

2 1/2 weeks prior to Corrine showing up in the picture. Then 3 weeks after with Eva believing he has dumped her.

2 1/2 weeks prior to Corrine showing up in the picture. Then 3 weeks after with Eva believing he has dumped her.

And it's sometime more than a week but less than two between the time Corrine showed up back in New York and Gideon started taking her out again. Things were going OK between Gideon and Eva, but their relationship disappeared from public view - disappeared because (unknown to Eva) Nathan had come to New York. In fact, it was noontime the day after the fundraiser fiasco that Nathan was in Gideon's office. As part of Gideon's increased protection of Eva, the pair of them went into low profile mode.

So anyone relying on public photos proving Gideon was dating Eva -- the last photos that exist are red carpet shots of them walking into that fundraiser. The whole crowd inside would have seen the celebrity Gideon spend an inordinate amount of time with Corrine while ignoring Eva. Some people could be led to believe that night was the new beginning for Corrine and Gideon and the beginning of the end for Eva and Gideon.

No wonder that nasty Deanna thinks that all along, Gideon had plotted to successfully lure Corrine to return to New York, now that Corrine's marriage had fallen apart. Got himself photographed for a couple of weeks with some hot blonde, then Corrine comes back, and ..... well.

Holy.... I took a break to read Down London Road.... N wow.. Gotta catch up..!!

But ok for the sake of argument: even if Johnson found out something about Eva I don't think it would be what Nathan done to her, because its not on a record of Eva's it's on Nathan's record..! And how would Johnson know that Nathan is connected to Eva.?

But ok for the sake of argument: even if Johnson found out something about Eva I don't think it would be what Nathan done to her, because its not on a record of Eva's it's on Nathan's record..! And how would Johnson know that Nathan is connected to Eva.?

LOL! I just bought "Down London Road", too..

Johnson's definitely gunning for Gideon, not Eva, digging up stuff on his "dark past." All she wants out of Eva is more dirt on Gideon -- specifically dirt on how Gideon used Eva to make Corrine jealous enough to run back to him. Johnson has every reason to believe Eva was another one of Gideon's rejects.

Johnson's counting on Eva jumping at a chance to get even with Gideon. Eva's probably correct in her suspicion that Johnson herself wants revenge on Gideon for also having been one of his sexual rejects. Apparently, the thought of Gideon and Corrine getting married is upsetting -- someone wants to try to nuke things. My bet: Dr. Lucas is behind it -- from the night he saw Corrine and Gideon with one another again (the fundraiser Corrine crashed) Lucas started plotting how to ruin Gideon's would-be-marriage in revenge for Gideon having all but ruined the Lucas' marriage.

Johnson's definitely gunning for Gideon, not Eva, digging up stuff on his "dark past." All she wants out of Eva is more dirt on Gideon -- specifically dirt on how Gideon used Eva to make Corrine jealous enough to run back to him. Johnson has every reason to believe Eva was another one of Gideon's rejects.

Johnson's counting on Eva jumping at a chance to get even with Gideon. Eva's probably correct in her suspicion that Johnson herself wants revenge on Gideon for also having been one of his sexual rejects. Apparently, the thought of Gideon and Corrine getting married is upsetting -- someone wants to try to nuke things. My bet: Dr. Lucas is behind it -- from the night he saw Corrine and Gideon with one another again (the fundraiser Corrine crashed) Lucas started plotting how to ruin Gideon's would-be-marriage in revenge for Gideon having all but ruined the Lucas' marriage.

It's upsetting to me that so many people are out to destroy Gideon and Eva's relationship...

Who is on their side...who can they count on to support them?

Angus is the only one who comes to mind...

Ummm.. I don't like her..!! The thing is if Gideon was so up front with Eva about what he expects in his sexual partners how is it the rest of these women don't know that he was done with them the moments he shoved his c*** in them..! She better go on with that before she's finds Eva Krav Maga all over her a$$..!!

I have to get downtown London. Hubby brought me a iPad for Mother's Day

• Lucas probably thought something along these lines: OK, Corrine came back, and within a couple of weeks, she and Cross got back together for good. They're possibly engaged again in all but name -- they're just waiting for her divorce to go through. Cross is going to marry Corrine. So Cross thinks -- hah!! I've got his number. It's payback time. I'm going to expose him for the misogynist and sociopath he is. I know of at least one woman he screwed over, Deanna Johnson, who would be interested in what I happen to know about Cross' teen-aged years. I'm going to nuke his plans to marry Corrine.

I'm not sure if Lucas had time to speak with Deanna yet about Gideon fetching Eva from his (Lucas') office. The incident happened Tuesday morning. Deanna looked up Eva on Wednesday evening. It's possible, but on the other hand, Eva showed Tuesday that she's fully prepared to dig into Lucas' own background of Lucas' involvement with the Vidal family.

I'm a little confused.  I believe Lucas is behind the reporter's visit to Eva but why would he want her to find out about what happened during his teens?  Corrine was his first consensual relationship so there isn't any consensual sex to report from his teens.  If his abuse is found out and reported wouldn't Dr. Lucas' part in the cover-up come out?   I know Lucas is out for revenge but I just don't get how he will win in the end.

So what does everyone think? Obviously this reporter is going to be trouble.

I think the reporter may be trouble. I kinda wonder if she ties into a snippets when they were discussing past relationships... I'll have to go back and re-read the snippets to see which one I was thinking of. I also wonder if she is a "friend" of Corrine.... Trying to see what it is about Eva that made Gideon open up, something no one else has been able to do.