Entwined With You- Chapter One

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's upsetting to me that so many people are out to destroy Gideon and Eva's relationship...Who is on their side...who can they count on to support them?Angus is the only one who comes to mind...

I wonder if she is trying to break-up Eva and Gideon, or if she believes that Eva has already been sent to the discard pile. She seems to have a vendetta out for Gideon. She doesn't seem like someone I would want to get to know.

I wonder if she is trying to break-up Eva and Gideon, or if she believes that Eva has already been sent to the discard pile. She seems to have a vendetta out for Gideon. She doesn't seem like someone I would want to get to know.

I think she has a vendetta against Gideon. Not thrilled with being in the discard pile after he shoved his d*^k in her.  Thank you Mags for making me chuckle.

This is so true and he did allude to this in Vegas when they talked about the body guard incident...

I always had the impression Nathan may have surfaced before the Vegas trip.... Or that Gideon was concerned Nathan would surface while Gideon was out of town on business.

That's a good thought sscrph!

B/c also, how did she find out where Eva lives? Could her address be listed if she feared Nathan finding her? I don't like that the reporter was waiting in the lobby for her. I think she def slept w/ Gideon too....She seems like she'll be a bit of trouble...just want's to get back at him...but like someone else said, I'm sure she knew before hand that nothing was going to come of them sleeping together....I guess that was the first snapshot...reporting/paper.. Also, her saying that all the money in the world thing, sounded like Lucas...

Hmmm...

Oh boy! The drama! So crazy! I don't want a lot of drama! Lots of happiness please! lol :)

Brett told Eva he found her on Google when he came to meet her for lunch at work. The reporter could do the same thing, then just follow her home from work to find out where she lives.

It's upsetting to me that so many people are out to destroy Gideon and Eva's relationship...Who is on their side...who can they count on to support them?Angus is the only one who comes to mind...

morning.

From the public's point of view, there is no Eva and Gideon. After Nathan turned up Gideon did all he can and sometimes failed to give the impression they broke up, to protect Eva from Nathan. Gideon needed some breathing space to eliminate Nathan.

Both Eva and Gideon were doing a good job at sabotaging their own relationship.

Until they become an item again, they have an uphill battle, Cary is batting for Brett, Corrine-well we all know what we think of her. To add fuel to the fire, we now have yet another brunette crawling out the woodwork! possibly in cahoots with Lucas. Perhaps a desert island for Eva and Gideon might be a good. idea!Angus is their rock at the moment. He awesome!

morning.

From the public's point of view, there is no Eva and Gideon. After Nathan turned up Gideon did all he can and sometimes failed to give the impression they broke up, to protect Eva from Nathan. Gideon needed some breathing space to eliminate Nathan.

Until they become an item again, they have an uphill battle, Cary is batting for Brett, Corrine-well we all know what we think of her. To add fuel to the fire, we now have yet another brunette crawling out the woodwork! possibly in cahoots with Lucas. Perhaps a desert island for Eva and Gideon might be a good. idea!Angus is their rock at the moment. He awesome!

I agree with you Julie about Angus, he is a gem.

A desert Island would be great for them.

Although Cary is batting for Brett I think he knows deep down what a negative influence that relationship was to Eva's well being and that although he has reservations on Gideon, Cary would not want Eva in another f****d up relationship as was with Brett.  I think Cary likes it when Eva is happy with Gideon but does not like the nightmare side of Gideon and I think Eva has to prove to Cary that she knows why the nightmares happen and that she can deal with them and then Cary will be happier for her, still very cautious but happy if she is happy.

I just wonder now as the book progresses as to what the Lawyers say to Gideon and how they now get their relationship back on course and deal with the reporter, Corrine and the Vidal family as you just know that the Idiot Chris Jnr is up to something to try and either get Eva or to destroy Gideon.  

Happy Wednesday everyone, nearly the end of the week, making it another week closer to the release of EWY  :)

morning.

Yes, everyone thinks there no longer is any Eva and Gideon. Not only all those strangers who avidly follow Gideon as a celebrity and can't get enough of his billionaire playboy lovelife, but even people close to Eva and Gideon. Cary himself thinks that's true -- and judging from what we saw in Chapter One, Eva is going to keep him in the dark, because she feels she has to -- to ensure keeping the secret Gideon killed Nathan.

So everyone who knows Eva believes she is struggling to heal her seriously broken heart. And everyone believes Corrine and Gideon got back together. Eva's shielded herself from reading any more coverage of Gideon's lovelife, but certainly there's probably been wild speculation Corrine is poised to become Mrs. Gideon Cross. The billionaire playboy has finally been landed by the long-lost love of his life.

It's ironic that now a reporter who Gideon probably hurt is probably seeking revenge by planning to mess up, among other things, Gideon's relationship with Corrine. I think Deanna wants to nuke Gideon's plans to finally get married. And I think Eva's gut reaction, that Dr. Terry Lucas is somehow involved, is dead on. Lucas did what he could to try to mess up Gideon's dating relationship with Eva. I think Lucas is bound and determined to try to help destroy what he would view as Gideon's marriage plans with Corrine.

Lucas knows stuff about Gideon's past. He's always been convinced Gideon is a seriously mentally ill man - ill as in being a ruthless hater of women and manipulative S of a B who gets off on hurting women. Lucas probably does have a lot of inside knowledge about how genuinely screwed up Gideon was as a kid and teen-ager (which Gideon was -- damage done by his father's death already messed him up, causing among other things a serious anger problem. Then Gideon got raped, which would have made matters worse. Throw on top of the pile the fact Gideon's own mother was convinced he was a messed up little liar, not a sexual assault victim, and that would have further messed up the poor kid.)

My theory is a Lucas is pulling Johnson's strings to create an expose of who the "real" Gideon Cross is underneath. He wants to paint Gideon as a disturbed individual. And just as Gideon appears poised to soon get married, Lucas wants to portray Gideon as an emotional abuser of women.

I always had the impression Nathan may have surfaced before the Vegas trip.... Or that Gideon was concerned Nathan would surface while Gideon was out of town on business.

If I'm not mistaking He did..! The day after Eva found out about Corrine and the day of their first appointment with doctor Peterson.!

Too, among the many people 100% convinced there is no Eva and Gideon is Brett along with Cary.

I think Cary definitely is on Team Brett right now. As far as Cary knows, Brett's only past sin was a history of being promiscious (something Cary's never gonna hold against Brett, given that Cary likes to screw around himself.) The worse Brett did was view Eva as just another groupie at a time when Eva wanted to be Brett's girlfriend. Well now, Brett's been making it crystal clear he wants a full-fledged relationship with Eva.

Yes, Cary knows Eva is still in love with Gideon. And Cary did see some of the happiness Eva had when things went well with Gideon. But Cary's also seen Gideon suffers from sexually violent nightmares that have proven to be a threat to Eva's physical and mental safety. He's seen how much Eva suffered when things were going badly between her and Gideon. And he watched from the sidelines as Gideon coldly broke Eva's heart.

Eva's still working through her post-break-up issues with Gideon. She's still processing what happened, and Cary, ever a sympathetic ear and sounding board for his BFF, is listening to Eva without judging her. But inside, I'm convinced Cary truly hopes things really are finished this time between Eva and Gideon. And waiting in the wings is Mr. Rebound, someone who could once again rock Eva's world sexually and who would treat Eva with respect. I think Cary will try to do what he can to help Brett get a shot at what Cary believes Gideon threw away with both hands.

Too, among the many people 100% convinced there is no Eva and Gideon is Brett along with Cary.

I think Cary definitely is on Team Brett right now. As far as Cary knows, Brett's only past sin was a history of being promiscious (something Cary's never gonna hold against Brett, given that Cary likes to screw around himself.) The worse Brett did was view Eva as just another groupie at a time when Eva wanted to be Brett's girlfriend. Well now, Brett's been making it crystal clear he wants a full-fledged relationship with Eva.

Yes, Cary knows Eva is still in love with Gideon. And Cary did see some of the happiness Eva had when things went well with Gideon. But Cary's also seen Gideon suffers from sexually violent nightmares that have proven to be a threat to Eva's physical and mental safety. He's seen how much Eva suffered when things were going badly between her and Gideon. And he watched from the sidelines as Gideon coldly broke Eva's heart.

Eva's still working through her post-break-up issues with Gideon. She's still processing what happened, and Cary, ever a sympathetic ear and sounding board for his BFF, is listening to Eva without judging her. But inside, I'm convinced Cary truly hopes things really are finished this time between Eva and Gideon. And waiting in the wings is Mr. Rebound, someone who could once again rock Eva's world sexually and who would treat Eva with respect. I think Cary will try to do what he can to help Brett get a shot at what Cary believes Gideon threw away with both hands.

I hope not really, I can understand that Cary would believe Brett would make her happy but as Eva has said before she does not want the groupie lifestyle and surely Cary would see that Eva sitting in NYC while Brett was out on the road would not be a good thing for Eva, her insecurities would come out and she would be jeleous of any other girl that was in contact with Brett, Cary knows how jeleous she can get.

I can understand Cary being glad that Eva is not with Gideon but surely Cary is not deaf or blind and will hear Eva back with Gideon if you know what I mean afterall when he was laid up after the attack in the house he asked Eva what vitamins Gideon took to keep that stamina up so he obviously can hear what is going on and as we all know neither Eva or Gideon are that quiet.  I think Cary will be happy when he observes Eva being happy, I just hope he doesn't push the Brett thing too much, it may backfire in his face.

It's upsetting to me that so many people are out to destroy Gideon and Eva's relationship...

Who is on their side...who can they count on to support them?

Angus is the only one who comes to mind...

Angus and definitely Ireland.

Gideon planned the Vegas trip before Nathan showed up in his office. That Nathan visit happened lunchtime. Before work that morning was when Gideon told Eva he needed to go to Arizona on business and wanted her to come with him -- specifically giving one of the reasons as he worried about her safety, given her new near-celebrity status. As his girlfriend, she was now famous in her own way. Eva didn't want to abandon the in-crisis Cary to go away with Gideon, so the pair of them compromised: Eva could spend the weekend with Cary, but do so in Vegas at one of Gideon's hotels.

In Vegas, Eva found out to her dismay Gideon had put very tight security on her. She assumed it was because of his jealous nature. In fact, it was because he'd suddenly found out Nathan was in the picture and thus Eva was in specific danger from that maniac, not just general danger as a magnet to celebrity-fixated nuts.

I'm a little confused.  I believe Lucas is behind the reporter's visit to Eva but why would he want her to find out about what happened during his teens?  Corrine was his first consensual relationship so there isn't any consensual sex to report from his teens.  If his abuse is found out and reported wouldn't Dr. Lucas' part in the cover-up come out?   I know Lucas is out for revenge but I just don't get how he will win in the end.

Gideon was emotionally effed up as a kid because of the repeated traumas he suffered. He already had problems even before he got raped. I'm pretty certain Lucas has inside information about Gideon's mental health issues from when Gideon was a boy and a teenager.

Lucas is firmly convinced Gideon is messed up because Gideon is just plain evil, born that way - a sociopath, narcissist, misogynist. Lucas is convinced Gideon emotionally abuses women for the sheer evil pleasure of it. Of course, Lucas' opinion is deeply prejudiced by how Gideon hurt his (Lucas') wife Anne. Because what Gideon did to her actually was kind of evil. He didn't do it because he himself is evil -- he did it because he's got some flaws that drove him to do it. Afterward, Gideon felt deep remorse though, recognizing the whole Anne episode was not one of his finest moments.

I think that prior to this summer that the saga unfolds, Lucas never had any opportunity to mess up Gideon's love life in revenge for Gideon having messed up the Lucas' marriage. But then Eva came along, and it was obvious Gideon was crazy about her in a way he'd never been for any other woman. So Lucas set to work on undermining that by trying to poison Eva's mind against Gideon. Now I think Lucas believes an even better opportunity for revenge has come along - Gideon himself is now on the track toward finally getting married, but Lucas would like to try to nuke Gideon's chances at marrying Corrine. Lucas' plot may be to create a scandal about how Gideon mistreats women.

It's upsetting to me that so many people are out to destroy Gideon and Eva's relationship...

Who is on their side...who can they count on to support them?

Angus is the only one who comes to mind...

Angus most definitely. Angus saw from the start how good Eva was for Gideon and how much they loved one another.

And I think Angus is the only one who actually knows the full truth about why it is Gideon and Eva's relationship began collapsing in the days leading up to Nathan's killing - because I think Angus helped Gideon do it. Angus is probably not happy with Gideon, however, for the decisions Gideon made concerning Eva. But I'll bet Angus probably watched Gideon cry on his way home from the police station the morning Eva dumped him, and Angus has had a front row seat of seeing how much pain Gideon has been in.

Ireland too. Eva and Magdalene are probably the one two women Gideon ever dated that Ireland has even met. Ireland's intuitive enough to see what Gideon had with Eva was something special, something magic, whereas with Magdalene, it was just platonic dating. Ireland barely knows Gideon. Eva went out of her way to get Gideon to make Ireland part of their (Gideon and Eva's) life.

Cary right now is probably pretty disgusted with Gideon for having broken Eva's heart, but ultimately, Cary will come around.

Arnoldo right now is probably pretty disgusted with Eva over the Brett incident, especially because Arnoldo would (falsely) believe the Brett episode hurt Gideon so badly he can't forgive Eva for it. Gideon dumped Eva that night and then almost immediately ran to Corrine for comfort, so badly hurt was Gideon, is what Arnoldo probably believes. Arnoldo will come around ultimately as well.

Monica? Probably still hoping for Gideon and Eva to reconcile, because Gideon would, in Monica's eyes, be the perfect husband for her daughter.

Mark/Steven/Shawna are probably hoping Eva will get over Gideon.

I hope not really, I can understand that Cary would believe Brett would make her happy but as Eva has said before she does not want the groupie lifestyle and surely Cary would see that Eva sitting in NYC while Brett was out on the road would not be a good thing for Eva, her insecurities would come out and she would be jealous of any other girl that was in contact with Brett, Cary knows how jealous she can get.

I can understand Cary being glad that Eva is not with Gideon but surely Cary is not deaf or blind and will hear Eva back with Gideon if you know what I mean after all when he was laid up after the attack in the house he asked Eva what vitamins Gideon took to keep that stamina up so he obviously can hear what is going on and as we all know neither Eva or Gideon are that quiet.  I think Cary will be happy when he observes Eva being happy, I just hope he doesn't push the Brett thing too much, it may backfire in his face.

I agree.  Cary admitted to Eva that he knew the life with Brett wasn't what she needed and wouldn't work for her.  (I have to look up the conversation when I have a break) I do think that he would encourage her to have a fling with him to get past the heartbreak but in the end if he sees Eva & Gideon together Cary wants what will make Eva happy and that is Gideon. 

I so want to read the whole book but I know there will be more issues to resolve in books 4 & 5.  I'm not a patient person.  :-)

Eva and Gideon both have people in their lives who care deeply for each of them and want each of them to be happy. But right now, I think only Angus and Ireland still believe Eva and Gideon can make one another happy. As things now stand, Cary believes Gideon would continue to make Eva miserable, and Arnoldo believes Eva would only hurt Gideon even more than she already did.

Eva and Gideon both have people in their lives who care deeply for each of them and want each of them to be happy. But right now, I think only Angus and Ireland still believe Eva and Gideon can make one another happy. As things now stand, Cary believes Gideon would continue to make Eva miserable, and Arnoldo believes Eva would only hurt Gideon even more than she already did.

totally agree. I said that in a earlier post.

Gideon was emotionally effed up as a kid because of the repeated traumas he suffered. He already had problems even before he got raped. I'm pretty certain Lucas has inside information about Gideon's mental health issues from when Gideon was a boy and a teenager.

Lucas is firmly convinced Gideon is messed up because Gideon is just plain evil, born that way - a sociopath, narcissist, misogynist. Lucas is convinced Gideon emotionally abuses women for the sheer evil pleasure of it. Of course, Lucas' opinion is deeply prejudiced by how Gideon hurt his (Lucas') wife Anne. Because what Gideon did to her actually was kind of evil. He didn't do it because he himself is evil -- he did it because he's got some flaws that drove him to do it. Afterward, Gideon felt deep remorse though, recognizing the whole Anne episode was not one of his finest moments.

I think that prior to this summer that the saga unfolds, Lucas never had any opportunity to mess up Gideon's love life in revenge for Gideon having messed up the Lucas' marriage. But then Eva came along, and it was obvious Gideon was crazy about her in a way he'd never been for any other woman. So Lucas set to work on undermining that by trying to poison Eva's mind against Gideon. Now I think Lucas believes an even better opportunity for revenge has come along - Gideon himself is now on the track toward finally getting married, but Lucas would like to try to nuke Gideon's chances at marrying Corrine. Lucas' plot may be to create a scandal about how Gideon mistreats women.

I agree but wouldn't Lucas put his career in danger if this information got out.  Gideon would find out and get back at him through the media too.  I suspect his clients are wealthy and they would tend to distrust a doctor who told secrets. 

Also, there are so many wealthy men who are womanizers.  I don't think that would be to big a deal.  Gideon is young, very good looking and wealthy he would attract women both married and unmarried.  It wouldn't be unusual for him or men of that ilk to use women. To be honest I don't really think that information would turn Corrine off either.    However, If Gideon settles down with Eva the story would be that she domesticated him. 

That said, I'm sure Deanna is going to get the article to print just to satisfy her own need for revenge but I'm sure it will backfire in some way. 

This is such a good story.  It is fun to talk about--there are so many possibilities. 

I agree but wouldn't Lucas put his career in danger if this information got out.  Gideon would find out and get back at him through the media too.  I suspect his clients are wealthy and they would tend to distrust a doctor who told secrets. 

Also, there are so many wealthy men who are womanizers.  I don't think that would be to big a deal.  Gideon is young, very good looking and wealthy he would attract women both married and unmarried.  It wouldn't be unusual for him or men of that ilk to use women. To be honest I don't really think that information would turn Corrine off either.    However, If Gideon settles down with Eva the story would be that she domesticated him. 

That said, I'm sure Deanna is going to get the article to print just to satisfy her own need for revenge but I'm sure it will backfire in some way. 

This is such a good story.  It is fun to talk about--there are so many possibilities. 

I think Scott is on their side too.  He liked the way Gideon is around Eva.  Also, I don't think Arnoldo is really against Eva he is just cautious.  He likes seeing Gideon happy and he is happy with Eva.  He does want to make sure she appreciates what she has because he is Gideon's friend. 

Deanna would keep Lucas' name out of it, just like she promised to keep Eva's name out of it.

Yes, Lucas would violate medical ethics and actually the law by leaking Gideon's mental health history to an outsider, most especially a journalist bent on using the information to hurt Gideon. But if it's true Lucas was involved in the original cover-up of the reports Gideon may have been being abused, already Lucas has violated medical ethics and the law. He was ethically and legally required to report the mere accusations to child protective services, so that an outside investigation could have been conducted, instead of cooperating with a privately-hushed-up investigation by Gideon's family.

Gideon's already got a reputation as being a playboy billionaire with a string of socialites. That doesn't harm him. What I think Johnson hopes to accomplish is to give him a bad reputation as a real piece of s*** who actually mentally and emotionally abuses women.