Entwined With You- Chapter One

Two weeks is not time to bring any criminal case to trial, least of all a homicide. Even two months isn't enough time. It is, however, enough time for a prosecutor to decide against charging a defendant, because there isn't enough usable evidence to win a trial.

The prosecutor needs to establish two elements -- opportunity and motive -- in order to try to persuade a jury beyond reasonable doubt.

Opportunity means he had the ability to get at Nathan around the time Nathan died. Gideon's alibi is broken, so he's lost his protection there.

Motive is what they need to build now. They know he did it, and they know why he did it. But they need the evidence to try to prove his motive. If they cannot establish that evidence, the case won't fly at trial -- therefore, the prosecution may decide against charging him.

There are cases all the time when authorities know who a killer is but do not have the ability to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this on the other thread..sorry..should've posted it here...lol.

I wonder if this Deanna chick is going to try and hook up w/ Cary...doesn't tell him who she is/ what she does etc...he brings her home, she gets an inside look at Eva's place...questions Cary about her..innocent questions....what if she's there when Gideon is there! Ahh!

Eva's gotta warn Cary about her also...asap! I hope she doesn't forget to tell Gideon.

Those 1 1/2 chapters were great..just fuel to the Crossfire- fire!

I kinda wanted Eva to be more aggressive w/ Gideon...more hurtful-maybe to him..Beat him a lil for being so cruel to her..lol...I know, I know...he didn't want to be...but she was hurt sooo much by him!

I really can't wait for Victor's return!

I hope it's not a cliffhanger ending...book 3...b/c who knows when book 4 & 5 are coming out!

And on another subject also, don't you think in the back of his mind that Cary really thinks that Gideon may have had something to do with Nathan's death? Cary has always had an open eye to Gideon such as when he questioned that morning how he became so rich so I think it is hard for Cary to believe that Gideon and Nathan are mutually exclusive what does everyone think?

I def agree w/ you sscrph...I think Cary will find out...or figure it out himself. I really hope Eva does tell him...somehow...maybe not directly. He'd never betray her trust and confess to know if it came down to that.  I think also he's  trying to push Brett on her ...just for her to have fun. He's not a bad guy...and maybe Cary thinks Eva just needs a lil distraction...lol...Fun distraction ;)

I def agree w/ you sscrph...I think Cary will find out...or figure it out himself. I really hope Eva does tell him...somehow...maybe not directly. He'd never betray her trust and confess to know if it came down to that.  I think also he's  trying to push Brett on her ...just for her to have fun. He's not a bad guy...and maybe Cary thinks Eva just needs a lil distraction...lol...Fun distraction ;)

Nathalia I agree totally with your thoughts on Cary he just wants to see fun, happy, carefree Eva not the Eva he has seen lately!! I think Brett would be good for a short fling for a good time nothing serious LOL!!

Posted this on the other thread..sorry..shouldn't posted it here...lol.

I wonder if this Deanna chick is going to try and hook up w/ Cary...doesn't tell him who she is/ what she does etc...he brings her home, she gets an inside look at Eva's place...questions Cary about her..innocent questions....what if she's there when Gideon is there! Ahh!

Eva's gotta warn Cary about her also...asap! I hope she doesn't forget to tell Gideon.

I kinda wanted Eva to be more aggressive w/ Gideon...more hurtful-maybe to him..Beat him a lil for being so cruel to her..lol...I know, I know...he didn't want to be...but she was hurt sooo much by him!

I hope it's not a cliffhanger ending...book 3...b/c who knows when book 4 & 5 are coming out!

Deanna hooking up with Cary is a very real and scary possibility . Someone even posted that maybe the one snapshot is of her clothing not Eva's with the black pumps. Yes Cary has to be very careful and so does Eva!!!

Posted this on the other thread..sorry..shouldn't posted it here...lol.

Nathalia I loved your " fuel to the Crossfire fire" post !! SO TRUE!!!

So no public outings? Eva can't flaunt Gideon to all those catty B words! I don't like that they have to hide. I honestly hope SY doesn't make us wait to long for next book.

I so agree with this Mrs. C. I can't wait till Eva can FLAUNT Gideon also ...I'm sure it will be killing her and us too!!! I want her to say HE'S MINE to all those bi$ches!!!

Gideon hurt Eva horribly and deeply and she will forgive him eventually but I doubt she will ever forget. But as someone else posted he has been through a lot too. But the fact is , even if they did let each other go I don't think either one of them would be truly happy. They are soul mates and they both deserve to have a beautiful life together with marriage and all that goes with it perhaps a family but mostly a loving, trusting relationship that is the envy of all.

I enjoyed both chapters one and two, but thought the transition from one book to the other confusing.  The last sentence in Reflected in You was..."wherever this takes us. Together."  Next we see her is in a cab heading home sweaty from krav maga.  She is concerned over the previous conversation with the detective and her "motives".  She didn't want to leave Gideon,   Hopefully Sylvia explains things further and Eva and Gideon's plans to deceive everyone for awhile.  Just stating it was a little confusing.  Can't wait for the book to come out to get all the info.

Just a silly observation( perhaps I need to get out more) but I realised that Eva is a driver. Until the start of EWY there is never a mention of her driving.

She mention about instinctively put her foot on the brake, when in the taxi, which was moving erratically through the traffic.

What's the deal with Eva taking a cab home from Gideon's. Clancy drove her from Krav Maga there. Did she tell Clancy to leave? I think she probably did -- which would have had Clancy running right to Stanton and Monica to report Eva had gone to Gideon's apartment building to see him.

As for the "talk" they never got to have on his doorstep, I think all it entailed was Eva recounting to him word for word what Graves said to her. He needed to know all of that right away, so he could immediately call his lawyers. He probably just sat there staring at the floor listening to what Eva had found out, cringing inside at just how much she'd been told. I think that as soon as she was done, she told him she was leaving because it was too dangerous for her to be there. As a cop's daughter, she knew that.

Here's what Chapter One says about how they parted:

I’d left Gideon alone because I couldn’t trust Graves’s motives. I couldn’t take the chance that she’d told me her suspicions just to see if I’d run to him and prove that his breakup with me was a well-crafted lie.

God. The riot of emotions I felt had my heart racing. Gideon needed me now –a s much as, if not more than, I needed him – yet I’d walked away.

The desolation in his eyes as the doors to his private elevator separated us had ripped me open inside.

Just a silly observation( perhaps I need to get out more) but I realised that Eva is a driver. Until the start of EWY there is never a mention of her driving.

She mention about instinctively put her foot on the brake, when in the taxi, which was moving erratically through the traffic.

She would have needed to drive in San Diego. She's still awed by traffic in New York. Hmmmmmm ..... maybe because she's got a transportation fetish (LOL!)

I said it before on different thread but I think most of Entwined if not all Gideon and Eva will have a secret love affair. Which should make for some really hot sex scenes. But will also give them time to build a better foundation for their relationship with no outside influences.

What's the deal with Eva taking a cab home from Gideon's. Clancy drove her from Krav Maga there. Did she tell Clancy to leave? I think she probably did -- which would have had Clancy running right to Stanton and Monica to report Eva had gone to Gideon's apartment building to see him.

As for the "talk" they never got to have on his doorstep, I think all it entailed was Eva recounting to him word for word what Graves said to her. He needed to know all of that right away, so he could immediately call his lawyers. He probably just sat there staring at the floor listening to what Eva had found out, cringing inside at just how much she'd been told. I think that as soon as she was done, she told him she was leaving because it was too dangerous for her to be there. As a cop's daughter, she knew that.

Here's what Chapter One says about how they parted:

She said it had been a few hours since her meeting with Graves, going to Gideon and returning to her apartment. A few to me is 3 or 4.

What happened in those hours? I WANT TO KNOW!

I’d left Gideon alone because I couldn’t trust Graves’s motives. I couldn’t take the chance that she’d told me her suspicions just to see if I’d run to him and prove that his breakup with me was a well-crafted lie.

God. The riot of emotions I felt had my heart racing. Gideon needed me now –a s much as, if not more than, I needed him – yet I’d walked away.

The desolation in his eyes as the doors to his private elevator separated us had ripped me open inside.

Lol! Yeah I can't stand her. I don't like the way she was introduced to eva. I don't like that she sat next to Gideon at that dinner while ignoring Eva. I don't care how civilized they are. I wouldn't be sitting at the same table with my boyfriend and his ex fiancé!

D** n right!! I would have busted out the krav maga if I had been Eva.

Lol! Yeah I can't stand her. I don't like the way she was introduced to eva. I don't like that she sat next to Gideon at that dinner while ignoring Eva. I don't care how civilized they are. I wouldn't be sitting at the same table with my boyfriend and his ex fiancé!

If I had been Eva, I think I would have chewed off Gideons ear there and then. Downright rudeness to ignore Eva.

Too, among the many people 100% convinced there is no Eva and Gideon is Brett along with Cary.

I think Cary definitely is on Team Brett right now. As far as Cary knows, Brett's only past sin was a history of being promiscious (something Cary's never gonna hold against Brett, given that Cary likes to screw around himself.) The worse Brett did was view Eva as just another groupie at a time when Eva wanted to be Brett's girlfriend. Well now, Brett's been making it crystal clear he wants a full-fledged relationship with Eva.

Yes, Cary knows Eva is still in love with Gideon. And Cary did see some of the happiness Eva had when things went well with Gideon. But Cary's also seen Gideon suffers from sexually violent nightmares that have proven to be a threat to Eva's physical and mental safety. He's seen how much Eva suffered when things were going badly between her and Gideon. And he watched from the sidelines as Gideon coldly broke Eva's heart.

Eva's still working through her post-break-up issues with Gideon. She's still processing what happened, and Cary, ever a sympathetic ear and sounding board for his BFF, is listening to Eva without judging her. But inside, I'm convinced Cary truly hopes things really are finished this time between Eva and Gideon. And waiting in the wings is Mr. Rebound, someone who could once again rock Eva's world sexually and who would treat Eva with respect. I think Cary will try to do what he can to help Brett get a shot at what Cary believes Gideon threw away with both hands.

I think Cary is just on "team Eva". When Eva & Cary were talking on Tuesday morning while he was in the hospital, Cary told Eva he never said anything to Eva about Bretts band making it big.

Cary told her there he didn't think she would handle hearing & knowing about the hit single "Golden" well. Cary goes on to tell Eva some women can date rockstars and some can't and she is in the group who can't. Cary knows Brett wouldn't be a good partner for Eva.

I think he (Cary) is trying to lighten the mood and teases Eva about getting back together with Brett. But I don't think he is serious. Get knows it would be bad for Eva

Peaches ........... I agree with you comment on the reporter and there was a snippet about ' there were other women before he knew she existed' . So I think that Eva's 'spidey sense' will be accurate about her being an ex.

Hope everyone agrees that our teaser chapters were FAB :) Thanks to Sylvia for the suprise bonus, she loves us, she really loves us LOL

Hi There,

I agree! I love how Sylvia gifted all of us with the sneek peek of chapter 1 and a bonus with part of chapter 2!