Entwined With You- Chapter One

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SScrph

I re-read the snippets last night and the snapshots and I wondered if with Gideon asking Eva to come home to him was his way of saying they had moved in together, I know that sounds really quick but why else would you refer to your home as their home.

I think he meant come home to him. Not necessarily referring to the house or physical location. But instead meaning come to be with him. (home in his arms)

I'm working longer hours to get all my work projects done. But I'm enjoying my work days a lot more these days. It can get awfully boring being based in a home office. Online interaction is my social outlet during the day.

well I am loving all the information that you have shared with us. Most fascinating. Getting all clued up on your Bill of Rights, and understanding them. Next time I'm watching a cop show and the suspect is spilling their guts, I know which amendment they should be using! Thank you. :)

There is too much baggage to wade through before the happy stuff starts, and the book is only 2 weeks along in the relationship. Basically books 1 & 2 revolved round Eva. Now it's Gideons issues to come, with support from Eva .

Perhaps an engagement would be a good way to round off book 3, to keep us romantics happy. :)

That would be a nice way to finish book 3 Julie so fingers crossed :)

I think he meant come home to him. Not necessarily referring to the house or physical location. But instead meaning come to be with him. (home in his arms)

Yes I did think that as well :), wishful thinking of them living with each other but I know it is probably too early for that 

As I remember Gideon wanted them to buy the house in NC  together so it would be their place.  I'm thinking they will do that and use it as a place to escape to when needed.

i know that they wanted to buy the house together, but I can imagine Gideon buying it for Eva as a small gesture to make amends over the way he treated her. I know they say money can't buy love, but he knew how much that weekend there meant to Eva. She told him, when he started pulling away from her after Cary was beaten by Nathan, that she wished things could have been like that weekend away.

Yes I did think that as well :), wishful thinking of them living with each other but I know it is probably too early for that 

Well home in his arms sounds good too after all that's gone on in the last few weeks I don't know how they can stand to be away from each other for more than a few minutes!!!

When Deanna Johnson tried to entice Eva into getting even with Gideon (yeah, good luck with that!) she tried provoking Eva by saying, " .... pretty soon you’re going to figure out that Gideon Cross was using you to get Corinne Giroux jealous enough to come back to him. When you smell the coffee, call me. I’ll be waiting.â€

Gideon appeared in press photos with Eva for only a week and a half in Bared to You. The timing of Corrine's return to New York happened to coincide with Gideon pulling Eva out of the spotlight, because Nathan had just gotten into New York too.

I can see where Johnson would draw the wrong conclusion: photos of Eva, then Corrine comes back, then no more photos of Eva. 

But overall, Eva's vanishing from the public spotlight is to the benefit of Gideon and Eva right now -- it helps bolster his "side" of the story he didn't love Eva (and thus had no motive to kill for her.)

Here's the timeline for Gideon and Eva being photographed as a couple:

Saturday: their first date, the advocacy center dinner. Red carpet shots of them arriving in formal attire (Eva in that red dress!)

Monday: their first day as boyfriend and girlfriend. Passionate kiss picture staged by Gideon on the sidewalk near his gym. Deliberate leak to the media by his PR people that Eva is the "significant woman" in his life.

Wednesday: the lunchtime argument in Bryant Park. Pictures of them fighting and then making up. More passion. "Let that go viral" Gideon said.

Wednesday one week later: the fundraiser Corrine crashed. Red carpet shots of Gideon and Eva arriving.

And that is it -- that Eva knows about, that is, and thus we readers know about. Only twelve days total, start to finish, with a big chunk of time missing (the pair of them were broken up for four days.) Gideon quits letting them get photographed as a couple. Then not too long after, he allows himself to start being photographed with Corrine.

When Deanna Johnson tried to entice Eva into getting even with Gideon (yeah, good luck with that!) she tried provoking Eva by saying, " .... pretty soon you’re going to figure out that Gideon Cross was using you to get Corinne Giroux jealous enough to come back to him. When you smell the coffee, call me. I’ll be waiting.â€

Gideon appeared in press photos with Eva for only a week and a half in Bared to You. The timing of Corrine's return to New York happened to coincide with Gideon pulling Eva out of the spotlight, because Nathan had just gotten into New York too.

I can see where Johnson would draw the wrong conclusion: photos of Eva, then Corrine comes back, then no more photos of Eva. 

But overall, Eva's vanishing from the public spotlight is to the benefit of Gideon and Eva right now -- it helps bolster his "side" of the story he didn't love Eva (and thus had no motive to kill for her.)

Here's the timeline for Gideon and Eva being photographed as a couple:

Saturday: their first date, the advocacy center dinner. Red carpet shots of them arriving in formal attire (Eva in that red dress!)

Monday: their first day as boyfriend and girlfriend. Passionate kiss picture staged by Gideon on the sidewalk near his gym. Deliberate leak to the media by his PR people that Eva is the "significant woman" in his life.

Wednesday: the lunchtime argument in Bryant Park. Pictures of them fighting and then making up. More passion. "Let that go viral" Gideon said.

Wednesday one week later: the fundraiser Corrine crashed. Red carpet shots of Gideon and Eva arriving.

And that is it -- that Eva knows about, that is, and thus we readers know about. Only twelve days total, start to finish, with a big chunk of time missing (the pair of them were broken up for four days.) Gideon quits letting them get photographed as a couple. Then not too long after, he allows himself to start being photographed with Corrine.

as far as Deanna is concerned, Eva went on the discard pile like the rest. Boy if only she knew. She's going to look stoopid!

I have listed to the audiobooks and read the books.  Both the Eva in this book and Eva Mendez pronounce their names the same way.  It is Aaava not Eeeva, I believe that was discussed a long time along and we were told which pronounciation is correct.  Magdalene is pronounced MagdalenA. 

Is the g in Magdalene pronounced?

Getting back to a possible Cary/Deanna hook-up... I wonder if Cary has had episodes of "loose lips" in the past. When Eva was telling Cary about her mother finding out about her going to Brooklyn for Krav Maga classes Cary says "How'd she find out I swear I haven't told anybody." So Cary's penchant for pot stirring and the possibility of loose lips are not a good combination. Hopefully Eva will be successful in keeping the secret from him.

Getting back to a possible Cary/Deanna hook-up... I wonder if Cary has had episodes of "loose lips" in the past. When Eva was telling Cary about her mother finding out about her going to Brooklyn for Krav Maga classes Cary says "How'd she find out I swear I haven't told anybody." So Cary's penchant for pot stirring and the possibility of loose lips are not a good combination. Hopefully Eva will be successful in keeping the secret from him.

I don't think Cary will be a problem..!! I don't think he would tell anybody about what's or was going on between Eva and Gideon..! He did say " I swear I didn't tell anybody" but Eva also said "it never crossed my mind" so I think Cary knows better.

I know...I agree

I don't think that Cary would hurt Eva on purpose...BUT he does have his character flaws...and he does like drama...

Is the g in Magdalene pronounced?

I think it must be as remember after the viral video that Cary sent of Christopher Jnr and Magdalene Gideon said Maggie did not like the video so I think it is probably pronounced 

I wondered if Gideon would sit down with Cary and have a chat with him about what was going on, Gideon has always called Cary when a nightmare happened and he thought he had hurt Eva and Cary has always listened and even Cary I think understands that Gideon maybe a bit of a Sh** at times to Eva but he does love and care for her and he has always tried to protect Eva.

I think if Gideon sat down and told Cary straight up what he did and why he cut Eva off which was to protect her from Nathan and how Nathan was going to kill Eva Cary would understand and have a different prospective towards Gideon.

If you remember back to when the police showed up at the house to speak to Eva about Nathan's death, Cary was there and he would probably have noticed that Gideon could not look at Eva when Graves was asking Gideon if he knew Nathan and Gideon replied that the police would not have been asking that if they did not know the answer to that so I think Cary probably already has an indication that Gideon has been involved in the death of Nathan but not the full extent and I think that will hold great weight in Cary's eyes and I think he will respect Gideon for that and Eva I don't think gives Cary enough respect in that way to know how Cary would cope with knowing the news but I think Cary would probably already have an idea and it is up to Gideon to make Cary believe that he did everything from the breaking off with Eva, the Corrine and the death of Nathan for the security of Eva and that was his only goal because he loves Eva so much.

My thoughts ............

As a cop's daughter, Eva realizes it's too dangerous to tell anyone else the truth. Eva even walked away from Gideon, knowing it was too dangerous to even have any more contact with him, period, for the foreseeable future. From Chapter One:

I was suddenly struck with the knowledge that I would have to keep a dreadful secret from my best friend.

Cary was my touchstone, my voice of reason, my favorite shoulder to lean on–and a brother to me in every way that mattered. I hated the thought of having to hold back what Gideon had done for me.

I wanted desperately to talk about it, to get help working it out in my head, but I’d never be able to tell anyone. Even our therapist could be ethically and legally bound to break our confidence.

Cary might suspect Gideon had something to do with it. The thought had even crossed Eva's mind the weekend she dumped him. Monica and Stanton almost certainly suspect Gideon had something to do with it. But none of them can ever be told for certain by either Eva or Gideon. Direct knowledge would put any of them into the same place Eva is right now - colluding to cover up the crime. Also from Chapter One:

We were colluding to hide a crime, and I’d be lying if I said that didn’t seriously bother me–I was the daughter of a police officer, after all–but the alternative was too awful to consider.

So yes, this is really going to s*** that Cary cannot be told the truth that Gideon felt he had very good reason for deliberately hurting Eva. All Cary knows right now is Gideon broke Eva's heart. And if Cary figures out, as he probably will, that Gideon and Eva are sneaking around, Cary may assume the worse - Gideon is cheating on Corrine and keeping Eva on the string. I think Cary would be seriously ticked off at the prospect of Mrs. Corrine Cross with all the respect and Eva regulated to being Gideon's mistress.

As a cop's daughter, Eva realizes it's too dangerous to tell anyone else the truth. Eva even walked away from Gideon, knowing it was too dangerous to even have any more contact with him, period, for the foreseeable future. From Chapter One:

I was suddenly struck with the knowledge that I would have to keep a dreadful secret from my best friend.

Cary was my touchstone, my voice of reason, my favorite shoulder to lean on–and a brother to me in every way that mattered. I hated the thought of having to hold back what Gideon had done for me.

I wanted desperately to talk about it, to get help working it out in my head, but I’d never be able to tell anyone. Even our therapist could be ethically and legally bound to break our confidence.

Cary might suspect Gideon had something to do with it. The thought had even crossed Eva's mind the weekend she dumped him. Monica and Stanton almost certainly suspect Gideon had something to do with it. But none of them can ever be told for certain by either Eva or Gideon. Direct knowledge would put any of them into the same place Eva is right now - colluding to cover up the crime. Also from Chapter One:

We were colluding to hide a crime, and I’d be lying if I said that didn’t seriously bother me–I was the daughter of a police officer, after all–but the alternative was too awful to consider.

So yes, this is really going to s*** that Cary cannot be told the truth that Gideon felt he had very good reason for deliberately hurting Eva. All Cary knows right now is Gideon broke Eva's heart. And if Cary figures out, as he probably will, that Gideon and Eva are sneaking around, Cary may assume the worse - Gideon is cheating on Corrine and keeping Eva on the string. I think Cary would be seriously ticked off at the prospect of Mrs. Corrine Cross with all the respect and Eva regulated to being Gideon's mistress.

Morning.

I was wondering about Victor. If he guessed about Gideons secret, although he didn't have proof, this would put him in an awkward situation. I'm thinking his daughter would come first, over his job.

However, I am encouraged that it looks like Eva is now taking charge in making the decisions about her and Gideon conducting a secret love affair. It's Eva -- as a cops daughter -- "  .... couldn’t take the chance that she’d told me her suspicions just to see if I’d run to him and prove that his breakup with me was a well-crafted lie."

So in Chapter One, this is how Eva has taken charge of the situation:

• Walked away from Gideon as soon as she told Gideon what he needed to convey to his defense team (what the detective had just done).
  • Recognized that she couldn't even telephone Gideon about Deanna Graves gunning for him -- "I needed to warn Gideon, but there was no way for me to contact him that couldn’t be traced."
  • Made the decision that she'd have to keep the secret even from Cary -- and even from Dr. Peterson too.
  • The very first words out of her mouth, upon finding Gideon had snuck in to her apartment to see her "It’s dangerous for you to be here."

For two-plus awful weeks, Gideon had been calling all the shots - and making stupid mistakes along the way:

• Getting caught seeing Eva (the family dinner) after he'd already killed Nathan
  • Taking Eva's telephone call while he was at the police station, putting himself into a position where he lost it over a telephone call they'd easily been able to trace
  • Approaching Eva in front of witnesses at the Crossfire
  • Chasing her to Dr. Lucas' office
  • Going off with her in his car, and inadvertently getting spotted by a beat cop with the two of them in one another's arms

Now Eva is going to be the one calling the shots in the cover-up, I think. I hope so, that she gets back having a say in the matter. Actually gets back more than that -- gets back control. And puts Gideon into a position where he has to trust her. he has to yield up his control-freak-nature. The Oscar Night snippet shows this:

“Shut up, caveman. I’m not into that ‘me Cross, you Cross little woman’ bull****,†I snapped. “In case you’ve forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what’s mine.â€

“Eva, don’t fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself.â€

“I know that. You’ve been doing it your whole life. Now, you’ve got me. I can handle this one.â€

That would be a good reason for Gideon to let Corrine go, and be single for a while. He needs to keep his head down for a while.

"I wanted desperately to talk about it, to get help working it out in my head, but I’d never be able to tell anyone. Even our therapist could be ethically and legally bound to break our confidence..."

Victor will be the one who Eva talks to-----when Victor figures out all that transpired.....

However, I am encouraged that it looks like Eva is now taking charge in making the decisions about her and Gideon conducting a secret love affair. It's Eva -- as a cops daughter -- "  .... couldn’t take the chance that she’d told me her suspicions just to see if I’d run to him and prove that his breakup with me was a well-crafted lie."

So in Chapter One, this is how Eva has taken charge of the situation:

• Walked away from Gideon as soon as she told Gideon what he needed to convey to his defense team (what the detective had just done).
  • Recognized that she couldn't even telephone Gideon about Deanna Graves gunning for him -- "I needed to warn Gideon, but there was no way for me to contact him that couldn’t be traced."
  • Made the decision that she'd have to keep the secret even from Cary -- and even from Dr. Peterson too.
  • The very first words out of her mouth, upon finding Gideon had snuck in to her apartment to see her "It’s dangerous for you to be here."

For two-plus awful weeks, Gideon had been calling all the shots - and making stupid mistakes along the way:

• Getting caught seeing Eva (the family dinner) after he'd already killed Nathan
  • Taking Eva's telephone call while he was at the police station, putting himself into a position where he lost it over a telephone call they'd easily been able to trace
  • Approaching Eva in front of witnesses at the Crossfire
  • Chasing her to Dr. Lucas' office
  • Going off with her in his car, and inadvertently getting spotted by a beat cop with the two of them in one another's arms

Now Eva is going to be the one calling the shots in the cover-up, I think. I hope so, that she gets back having a say in the matter. Actually gets back more than that -- gets back control. And puts Gideon into a position where he has to trust her. he has to yield up his control-freak-nature. The Oscar Night snippet shows this:

“Shut up, caveman. I’m not into that ‘me Cross, you Cross little woman’ bull****,†I snapped. “In case you’ve forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what’s mine.â€

“Eva, don’t fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself.â€

“I know that. You’ve been doing it your whole life. Now, you’ve got me. I can handle this one.â€

I was going back over the snippets last night. When I came across this one, it made me realise, it will be Eva's turn to help Gideon now.

This will be her chance to get him to trust her. No one has ever fought for him before, apart from Angus? This will make both of them stronger.

"I wanted desperately to talk about it, to get help working it out in my head, but I’d never be able to tell anyone. Even our therapist could be ethically and legally bound to break our confidence..."

Victor will be the one who Eva talks to-----when Victor figures out all that transpired.....

I hope, although Victor has always been there for Eva, he will understand without actually being told. Surely the oath he took as a cop would put him in a compromising situation?

Surely Eva could drip feed Cary info, stating that Corrine is history, that they are going to give it another go, but not tell anyone, lying low for now with no public outings. She has to tell cary something if Gideon and her are sneaking around each others apartments.

I hope, although Victor has always been there for Eva, he will understand without actually being told. Surely the oath he took as a cop would put him in a compromising situation?

Surely Eva could drip feed Cary info, stating that Corrine is history, that they are going to give it another go, but not tell anyone, lying low for now with no public outings. She has to tell cary something if Gideon and her are sneaking around each others apartments.

Now THAT's a possibility. Perhaps it could play out:

• Gideon dumps Corrine
  • Gideon starts seeing Eva again
  • Eva tells Cary that she's sick of being part of the paparazzi obsession with Gideon's lovelife - so she's refusing to be seen in public with him right now
  • Eva swears Cary to secrecy, begging him to not spread the gossip in the modeling circles he moves in -- lest the gossip get out to some photographer who will start stalking Eva in order to catch a photo of her with Gideon

Because as long as Cary still thinks Gideon is some stone cold heartbreaker, at the very least Cary will be trying to matchmake Brett and Eva. But even more dire, if Deanna Johnson gets hold of Cary while Cary is still angry over what Cross did to "baby girl" then Cary could jump at a chance to help a reporter seriously smear Gideon Cross.