Entwined With You- Chapter One

Good point. From the day he learned about Nathan, he was super careful about avoiding triggering Eva sexually, given her past history of sexual trauma. In fact, in hindsight, he immediately recognized his crudely aggressive way of pursuing Eva could have ruined things forever before they ever got started.

Now he knows he's got to be super careful about avoiding triggering Eva emotionally, given her recent history of emotional trauma, nearly all of that trauma caused by he himself. Hopefully he now recognizes in hindsight that his attempts to totally control her, inside and outside the bedroom, were wrong -- and if he starts in on that behavior again, things will end forever.

I agree. There is only one thing that will end them. Gideon.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. From the day he learned about Nathan, he was super careful about avoiding triggering Eva sexually, given her past history of sexual trauma. In fact, in hindsight, he immediately recognized his crudely aggressive way of pursuing Eva could have ruined things forever before they ever got started.

Now he knows he's got to be super careful about avoiding triggering Eva emotionally, given her recent history of emotional trauma, nearly all of that trauma caused by he himself. Hopefully he now recognizes in hindsight that his attempts to totally control her, inside and outside the bedroom, were wrong -- and if he starts in on that behavior again, things will end forever.

You know how do they even begin to go back to couples counseling with Dr. Peterson and talk about their issues without talking about the murder. They can't share that with the good doctor.

You know how do they even begin to go back to couples counseling with Dr. Peterson and talk about their issues without talking about the murder. They can't share that with the good doctor.

I think they can go as far as telling him most of the truth -- that Gideon started avoiding Eva because he'd come under investigation as a possible suspect. Things were messy enough, and if the cops think he did it, they might think she'd been involved (i.e. he did it at her request.) This actually is part of the truth. And remember, Monica is Dr. Petersen's patient too, so he would have heard from her all about the fact the cops also were investigating her and Stanton -- both of whom also had good reasons for wanting Nathan dead.

Im thinking if they did go back, and Gideon definitely needs to carry on therapy, the good doctor might just twig what Gideon did. He was very good at picking up on clues, that's what makes him a good doctor.

Although sharing his past with Eva, might help to some extent, he still needs medical help.

Eva said that they couldn't share the murder with the doctor because he would be obligated to go to the police.  I'm thinking they will work on the other issues from their past with the doctor.  God knows they have enough to keep them in therapy for years.  Gideon and Eva will work through Nathan's demise between themselves once they communication lines are more open. 

I think they can go as far as telling him most of the truth -- that Gideon started avoiding Eva because he'd come under investigation as a possible suspect. Things were messy enough, and if the cops think he did it, they might think she'd been involved (i.e. he did it at her request.) This actually is part of the truth. And remember, Monica is Dr. Petersen's patient too, so he would have heard from her all about the fact the cops also were investigating her and Stanton -- both of whom also had good reasons for wanting Nathan dead.

Yes, I can see how this would work. I'm just worried they won't go back and Lord knows they both need to talk about all of these issues, and Gideon needs help dealing with his past demons in order to have a future with Eva.

Yes, I can see how this would work. I'm just worried they won't go back and Lord knows they both need to talk about all of these issues, and Gideon needs help dealing with his past demons in order to have a future with Eva.

Whoever they decide to tell be it Dr. Peterson or Victor no one would ever think that someone of Gideon's stature would ever do the actual deed they would surely think he hired the job out. Actually they could use this above explanation on Victor also and that would explain why he found those pictures of Gideon and Corinne

I think Gideon should definitely continue his singular therapy and if he becomes less clueless and more communicative they can work out their relationship issues on their own without the therapy for the time being--as he gets stronger things will only improve between them and with Corinne hopefully out of the picture things will improve for Eva too--Corinne was a major catalyst to her issues especially that stunt she pulled at the Crossfire that sent Eva into a full blown nightmare...

I don't think they will go back to couple counseling it is too dangerous

I don't think they will go back to couple counseling it is too dangerous

Gideon needs to resume his counselling for his own sanity, if he is to continue in a relationship with Eva. Atypical s*xual parasomnia, can't be cured with pills. It needs therapy too. It's almost like going to confession, he has things he needs to get off his chest, to move forward. Plus with Eva's love he will get there.

I think Gideon should definitely continue his singular therapy and if he becomes less clueless and more communicative they can work out their relationship issues on their own without the therapy for the time being--as he gets stronger things will only improve between them and with Corinne hopefully out of the picture things will improve for Eva too--Corinne was a major catalyst to her issues especially that stunt she pulled at the Crossfire that sent Eva into a full blown nightmare...

I agree that Gideon really needs to work on himself. I feel like talking about what has happened to him will go so a long way with helping him find some sort of peace.