Nathan, Corrine & Eva

Hi All, I posted this to Sylvia questions but not sure if that was the correct place to put it but knowing how knowledgeable you all are, I am hoping someone in here can answer this for me.

Anyway I know I have read this before in here but when reading Reflected again, I did start to get confused.

In the part of the book when Eva and Magumi go to lunch and they see Corrine leaving then Eva goes to ask Gideon what she was doing there and the mark on his collar, well a lot of people including Eva thinks it is lipstick but I am sure Sylvia said it was blood as Gideon had just had a visit from Nathan, was I dreaming that or am I right in thinking it was Nathan's blood on Gideon's collar.  As even after that Gideon and Eva are together.

Also that was a few days before Monica saw Nathan outside of Crossfire, anyone have any idea why if Nathan has just been hit by Gideon did he go back.

This has just been bugging me so if anyone could shed some light that would be great.

Thanks xx

Hi All, I posted this to Sylvia questions but not sure if that was the correct place to put it but knowing how knowledgeable you all are, I am hoping someone in here can answer this for me.

Anyway I know I have read this before in here but when reading Reflected again, I did start to get confused.

In the part of the book when Eva and Magumi go to lunch and they see Corrine leaving then Eva goes to ask Gideon what she was doing there and the mark on his collar, well a lot of people including Eva thinks it is lipstick but I am sure Sylvia said it was blood as Gideon had just had a visit from Nathan, was I dreaming that or am I right in thinking it was Nathan's blood on Gideon's collar.  As even after that Gideon and Eva are together.

Also that was a few days before Monica saw Nathan outside of Crossfire, anyone have any idea why if Nathan has just been hit by Gideon did he go back.

This has just been bugging me so if anyone could shed some light that would be great.

Thanks xx

Hi.

Yes it was Nathan's blood on Gideons.

Nathan was basically stalking Eva, putting pressure on Gideon and Stanton to pay up.

Any questions we can answer them.

Keep them coming.

Hi.

Yes it was Nathan's blood on Gideons.

Nathan was basically stalking Eva, putting pressure on Gideon and Stanton to pay up.

Any questions we can answer them.

Keep them coming.

Hi Julie54,

I knew I was not going mad, I just didn't think Nathan had been blackmailing Gideon by then as he did not seem to be so put out, it was only after Cary was attacked that he started to get weird and go off Eva but I suppose it must have been going for some time but when reading the book when Eva starts to put things together and her mother seeing Nathan I always thought that was the first time you were to know that Nathan had been to see Gideon with the photographs and video but it had probably been going on for a while then?

Hi Julie54,

I knew I was not going mad, I just didn't think Nathan had been blackmailing Gideon by then as he did not seem to be so put out, it was only after Cary was attacked that he started to get weird and go off Eva but I suppose it must have been going for some time but when reading the book when Eva starts to put things together and her mother seeing Nathan I always thought that was the first time you were to know that Nathan had been to see Gideon with the photographs and video but it had probably been going on for a while then?

g

Gideon started cutting off Eva Monday evening after Cary got attacked. We have deduced that Gideons security team had been following Nathan, so they- we think- saw what nathan did to Cary, probably intervened saving Carys life. When Gideon found out he panicked about Eva's safety, hence pulling away from her to give him some breathing space, to plan a murder, and hopefully Nathan would calm down long enough for Gideon to put his plans in action.

Thanks xx

It was blood, but on one of the cuffs of the shirt he'd been wearing, not the collar. When he'd showered in his private bathroom, he'd thrown the shirt into a hamper. Eva marched in there, fished the shirt out, saw a little bit of bright red on the cuff, concluded it was Corrine's lipstick (Corrine had been wearing bright red lipstick) and showed it to Gideon, along with the cell phone picture she'd shot of Corrine downstairs, using both the shirt and picture as evidence he was "busted."

g

Gideon started cutting off Eva Monday evening after Cary got attacked. We have deduced that Gideons security team had been following Nathan, so they- we think- saw what nathan did to Cary, probably intervened saving Carys life. When Gideon found out he panicked about Eva's safety, hence pulling away from her to give him some breathing space, to plan a murder, and hopefully Nathan would calm down long enough for Gideon to put his plans in action.

It was blood, but on one of the cuffs of the shirt he'd been wearing, not the collar. When he'd showered in his private bathroom, he'd thrown the shirt into a hamper. Eva marched in there, fished the shirt out, saw a little bit of bright red on the cuff, concluded it was Corrine's lipstick (Corrine had been wearing bright red lipstick) and showed it to Gideon, along with the cell phone picture she'd shot of Corrine downstairs, using both the shirt and picture as evidence he was "busted."

Thanks for that, just goes to show you how much Gideon wanted to protect Eva from that pig Nathan :)

g

once Eva popped up on Nathan's radar, care of Gideon and his media coverage, Nathan knew where his girl was.

That's what Gideon was afraid of, probably having her followed 24/7 soon after they started dating, even when they were apart.

Even before Nathan re-entered the picture, Gideon was worried about Eva's physical security, something that was reasonable, given his celebrity status. She'd be a magnet for nuts. Him too, probably having had to deal with some past incidents of some mentally ill people fixating on him. It was reasonable to assume any crazy stranger stalking him, especially a woman, might pose a risk to her.

Angus is an armed bodyguard in addition to driver. Eva, showing what a good person she is, struck up a conversation with Angus the first time she was alone with him -- that is the first time he was assigned to take her home after work while Gideon was elsewhere. (Previously, she'd been with Gideon each time Angus was driving, and she'd naturally been focused on Gideon.)

The first time it was just Angus and her, she politely struck up a conversation, asking him how long he'd worked for Gideon. As they climbed into the car, she spotted the gun holster under his jacket, and instantly recognized his bodyguard status. Her own mother's driver, Clancy, also is an armed bodyguard, which is why Eva recognized the fact Angus is too.

Interestingly though, the last time Gideon allowed himself to be photographed with Eva was walking the red carpet into the fundraiser that Corrine ended up crashing. The next day was the day when Nathan appeared in his office. Gideon was never photographed again in public with Eva, obviously because his concern for her safety level skyrocketed -- and probably because he knew right away his being with Eva was a trigger for the mentally unstable Nathan.

An interesting twist then comes with what happened later, when Gideon started taking Corrine out places where the pair of them were photographed on "dates" (deliberate manipulation of the media on his part.) Those pictures serve as documentation of when he and Corrine definitely had "re-united."  The prosecution wouldn't have any new photos of him and Eva that same time period. It could be twisted that the night Corrine came back to him in front of a high society crowd also was the night he "supposedly" started pulling away from Eva. Never again after that night did Eva appear on his arm on another red carpet nor out on dinner dates.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks xx

Hi Sheens263, 

I know that Sylvia mentioned that the stain on Gideon's cuff was blood.  As for the question about Nathan and why he was outside of the Crossfire Building that second time, there has been much debate about that question.  Many of the members have had different theories.  If you have the time or the inclination I suggest that you go to the "Spoiler" thread and look through those postings.  You will have the opportunity to see who wrote what and what the speculations of that day were.  I hope that helps you.

Hi Sheens263, 

I know that Sylvia mentioned that the stain on Gideon's cuff was blood.  As for the question about Nathan and why he was outside of the Crossfire Building that second time, there has been much debate about that question.  Many of the members have had different theories.  If you have the time or the inclination I suggest that you go to the "Spoiler" thread and look through those postings.  You will have the opportunity to see who wrote what and what the speculations of that day were.  I hope that helps you.

Hi GiGi

I started reading them but did not have time to finish, mind you I did start reading them before I started work and when I got a break at work but I think I am going to dedicate a weekend before Entwined comes out to read up again on the spoilers just so I am ready.

Thanks again

Sheens :)

Hi GiGi

I started reading them but did not have time to finish, mind you I did start reading them before I started work and when I got a break at work but I think I am going to dedicate a weekend before Entwined comes out to read up again on the spoilers just so I am ready.

Thanks again

Sheens :)

Hi Sheens,

No need to thank me.  Once you get started, I am sure that you won't have any trouble reading the postings and following the discussions.  From there you will be able to make up your own mind (combined with the books you have already read or are reading).  I am sure that you will come to your own intelligent conclusions.  You are smart.  You are capable.  You can do it.

Hi Sheens,

No need to thank me.  Once you get started, I am sure that you won't have any trouble reading the postings and following the discussions.  From there you will be able to make up your own mind (combined with the books you have already read or are reading).  I am sure that you will come to your own intelligent conclusions.  You are smart.  You are capable.  You can do it.

Thanks GiGi

I have felt  though reading some of the posts from everyone else and the conclusions people have been coming to on the Chapter a day series a lot of questions I have had are being answered and it is really interesting to hear how people perceive these chapters and the conclusions they come to and it does make you think again about what you have read and how you got to that conclusion.

Thanks GiGi

I have felt  though reading some of the posts from everyone else and the conclusions people have been coming to on the Chapter a day series a lot of questions I have had are being answered and it is really interesting to hear how people perceive these chapters and the conclusions they come to and it does make you think again about what you have read and how you got to that conclusion.

I feel the same way, and I'm so glad that I joined. All the theories that are being put forth are go great and it makes me look at a completely different way and notice things that I might not have thought about otherwise :) 

I guess this is kind of unrelated to questions above... but I've always wondered. Why did Nathan want to blackmail Gideon and Stanton with videos/pics of Eva (besides for money)? And why was he stalking her? (is there a motive besides he's crazy?) Any replies will be great, so thanks :)

My guess is he wanted some money as payback for being disowned by his family and he(Nathan) knew Eva's mother & step father would pay him.  Like Graves said I don't think he wanted to see Eva happy and he thought if Gideon saw the pictures of her he would be disgusted and drop her.  What he didn't know is Gideon knew what it was like to be abused as a child and would turn against Nathan not Eva.

I guess this is kind of unrelated to questions above... but I've always wondered. Why did Nathan want to blackmail Gideon and Stanton with videos/pics of Eva (besides for money)? And why was he stalking her? (is there a motive besides he's crazy?) Any replies will be great, so thanks :)

Here is my opinion.... 

I think Nathan was mentally ill. He probably felt that Eva was *his*. When Nathan attacked Cary, he told Cary to keep his hands off her and to stay away from her. He didn't know the type of relationship Cary and Eva have together. Nathan was blackmailing Stanton and Gideon (or trying to) and he was wanting to/planning to attack/kill/harm/rape/etc. Eva because he thought she was only to be with him (Nathan) alone.

Here is my opinion.... 

I think Nathan was mentally ill. He probably felt that Eva was *his*. When Nathan attacked Cary, he told Cary to keep his hands off her and to stay away from her. He didn't know the type of relationship Cary and Eva have together. Nathan was blackmailing Stanton and Gideon (or trying to) and he was wanting to/planning to attack/kill/harm/rape/etc. Eva because he thought she was only to be with him (Nathan) alone.

good point - Peachies

Sheens 

Throwing out ideas -

• Showing Gideon the pictures was meant to drive him (Gideon) away from Eva sexually -- twisted proof of Nathan claiming Eva as "his" in response to the celebrity online photos with Gideon claiming Eva.
  • Nathan was disowned as part of what he'd done -- so part of the desire for the wealth was to re-establish the lifestyle he'd been accustomed to through age 16, when his exterior world imploded (charged, locked up and cast out).
  • I think he actually did mean to leave the country. Monica (page 307-308) claimed to Eva that Nathan promised to leave the country. The question is -- was he deluding himself into thinking Eva would go with him -- or -- was he planning to flee as part of a rape-murder plot?
  • The stalking, I think proved Nathan wanted more than money -- he wanted to get to Eva again, at the very least to rape her again.

Throwing out ideas -

• Showing Gideon the pictures was meant to drive him (Gideon) away from Eva sexually -- twisted proof of Nathan claiming Eva as "his" in response to the celebrity online photos with Gideon claiming Eva.
  • Nathan was disowned as part of what he'd done -- so part of the desire for the wealth was to re-establish the lifestyle he'd been accustomed to through age 16, when his exterior world imploded (charged, locked up and cast out).
  • I think he actually did mean to leave the country. Monica (page 307-308) claimed to Eva that Nathan promised to leave the country. The question is -- was he deluding himself into thinking Eva would go with him -- or -- was he planning to flee as part of a rape-murder plot?
  • The stalking, I think proved Nathan wanted more than money -- he wanted to get to Eva again, at the very least to rape her again.
Would he want to rape and kill her, because he blamed her for him being disowned, or because he was totally twisted and regarded her as his property, hence his comment to Cary when he beat him?

Throwing out ideas -

I think had she needed to Eva would have been able to fight off Nathan this time... Oh well. :( :(