Nathan, Corrine & Eva

I think had she needed to Eva would have been able to fight off Nathan this time... Oh well. :( :(

I would like to think so. But her reaction when told he was in New York was one of shock and horror. Would she have frozen if she had come face to face with him. Hopefully not, putting her Krav Maga to the test. It worked on Gideon.

Would he want to rape and kill her, because he blamed her for him being disowned, or because he was totally twisted and regarded her as his property, hence his comment to Cary when he beat him?

I think the latter -- he regarded Eva as his. When he went postal and beat Cary with a bat, he'd been ranting "keep your hands off her" -- and he was stalking her, including collecting things (even some of her trash).

If it was simply the disowned part, he'd have simply been after the $$$$ not after people. But he beat up a man he thought (because of false media rumors) was Eva's lover (Cary), and he got into the face another lover (Gideon - who actually was her lover, not simply a good friend like Cary).

Perhaps he was more freaked out about Cary because Cary lived with Eva -- Nathan would believe the pair of them were more than roommates. Whereas with Gideon, he'd been photographed a few times in public with Eva for about a week and a half, and Eva worked in Gideon's flagship skyscraper.

Nathan might have viewed Cary as the greater rival. The sicko learned the hard way the one he had to worry about was Gideon, who would stop at nothing to stop him from ever harming Eva again.

I think the latter -- he regarded Eva as his. When he went postal and beat Cary with a bat, he'd been ranting "keep your hands off her" -- and he was stalking her, including collecting things (even some of her trash).

If it was simply the disowned part, he'd have simply been after the $$$$ not after people. But he beat up a man he thought (because of false media rumors) was Eva's lover (Cary), and he got into the face another lover (Gideon - who actually was her lover, not simply a good friend like Cary).

Perhaps he was more freaked out about Cary because Cary lived with Eva -- Nathan would believe the pair of them were more than roommates. Whereas with Gideon, he'd been photographed a few times in public with Eva for about a week and a half, and Eva worked in Gideon's flagship skyscraper.

Nathan might have viewed Cary as the greater rival. The sicko learned the hard way the one he had to worry about was Gideon, who would stop at nothing to stop him from ever harming Eva again.

I did wonder how Nathan became such a vile human being. Children are not born bad. What on earth happened to him to make him such a monster, after all he was still young himself. What had he been exposed to, to make him do what he did. The mind boggles.

Would he want to rape and kill her, because he blamed her for him being disowned, or because he was totally twisted and regarded her as his property, hence his comment to Cary when he beat him?

I agree with you here Julie x

I did wonder how Nathan became such a vile human being. Children are not born bad. What on earth happened to him to make him such a monster, after all he was still young himself. What had he been exposed to, to make him do what he did. The mind boggles.

I think it was mental illness... Chemical imbalance in the brain. Maybe drugs maybe genetic

I think it was mental illness... Chemical imbalance in the brain. Maybe drugs maybe genetic

Hi Peachies, 

I agree with your assessment.  I absolutely agree that Nathan was mentally ill.  Which mental illness he suffered from I am not sure that we the readers will ever know.  There has been so much speculation, but I will hold out until I hear it from Sylvia's mouth (as the saying goes). 

i think those are all good theories! hopefully sylvia day will write the reasons behind why nathan is such a vile sicko. thanks to everyone who replied! 

Hi Eveningstar1996, 

I hope that Sylvia does address this at some point.  It would be really nice if she was able to tie up all the loose ends within the five books.  In that way, the reader won't still be left with questions.  Now all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed and hope.

Hi Julie, 

I hope that Sylvia addresses this subject in one of her final books.  She doesn't need to write chapters about it, but it would be nice if she added a paragraph or two.  I wouldn't want to read all five books in the series and still be left with questions if there weren't going to be anymore books. 

Hi Julie, 

I hope that Sylvia addresses this subject in one of her final books.  She doesn't need to write chapters about it, but it would be nice if she added a paragraph or two.  I wouldn't want to read all five books in the series and still be left with questions if there weren't going to be anymore books.

Hi Gigi

I agree there's lots of loose ends that need tying up. Also glad she is not rushing it and cramming them into just one book. They need to be explained properly. Seems like we can wait, but judging by some comments on here about reviews(I won't read them)I shall give mine, some people can't wait. They want it now. They can't like reading much!

Hi Gigi

I agree there's lots of loose ends that need tying up. Also glad she is not rushing it and cramming them into just one book. They need to be explained properly. Seems like we can wait, but judging by some comments on here about reviews(I won't read them)I shall give mine, some people can't wait. They want it now. They can't like reading much!

Hi Julie, 

What I see is an overflow of frustration and a lot of  hooplah that people have had to deal with for months.  I also see that some of the speculation has been so incredibly wild and outrageous that maybe some people's expectations may not have been met with the latest book.

Everyone is always entiled to their own opinion.  It is always a slippery slope when one speculates.  If the expectations become too high, I am not sure that the reader will ever be satisfied.  What do you think?

Hi Julie, 

What I see is an overflow of frustration and a lot of  hooplah that people have had to deal with for months.  I also see that some of the speculation has been so incredibly wild and outrageous that maybe some people's expectations may not have been met with the latest book.

Everyone is always entiled to their own opinion.  It is always a slippery slope when one speculates.  If the expectations become too high, I am not sure that the reader will ever be satisfied.  What do you think?

I agree. With all our theories, some spot on, some way off base, there are still unanswered questions, which need addressing. Good to have you back. :)

I agree. With all our theories, some spot on, some way off base, there are still unanswered questions, which need addressing. Good to have you back. :)

I am glad that Friday is coming soon.  All I can say is that I am so glad that the book has been released... 

We were given an email address by Sylvia on Saturday, which quite a few of us used!! Think the lady who got them wishes she had thrown a sickie!!

Hi Julie,

What is  the address please?  I only have their phone number in the city that I am in.  I figured that I would start with a phone call and speak with the public relations department and work my way up from there.  When a person calls, then the company has to employ someone to answer those calls. 

Then I thought that I might write a letter.  After that I might enlist a few friends and such to send letters to the company.  Again, said company has to employ someone to open the letters.  It is time consuming and annoying to say the least.  If everyone could send an actual letter or make a phone call (in their respective cities/countries), it would be highly effective in getting our point across.

Hi Julie,

What is  the address please?  I only have their phone number in the city that I am in.  I figured that I would start with a phone call and speak with the public relations department and work my way up from there.  When a person calls, then the company has to employ someone to answer those calls. 

Then I thought that I might write a letter.  After that I might enlist a few friends and such to send letters to the company.  Again, said company has to employ someone to open the letters.  It is time consuming and annoying to say the least.  If everyone could send an actual letter or make a phone call (in their respective cities/countries), it would be highly effective in getting our point across.

Hi Gigi

Ok here it is.

Cindy.Hwang@us.penquingroup.com

She is Sylvia editor according to her books.

Haven't had a reply yet. She probably snowed under!

Hi Gigi

Ok here it is.

Cindy.Hwang@us.penquingroup.com

She is Sylvia editor according to her books.

Haven't had a reply yet. She probably snowed under!

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the information.  From my perspective, emails do absolutely nothing!  When a person in an actual office has to sit and physically open letter after, letter after, letter after letter, then that gets someone's attention.  The company has to physically hire someone to fill that position and also has to pay them for that, it gets the company's attention.

When physical mail is sent, then the company is legally responsible for dealing with said mail in an appropriate manner.  It also helps when a physical mail carrier brings the mail into the company.  The company cannot deny that they have received said mail (added security if the company tries to deny that there are several complaints etc.).

Hi Everyone, 

I posted this in another forum, but I wante dot make sure that everyone gets the information if they need it or would like to do something about the fact that some of the stores released Sylvia's book early (there are phone numbers listed for anyone who might like to pick up a phone and voice their complaint).  I  just called Penguin Publishers in Canada to complain about the early release dates from some of the retailers.  The representative from Penguin said that this was the first that she had heard of this problem.  I find that incredibly difficult to believe.  I also mentioned to her about the Sylvia Day Community site and I could have sworn that I heard crickets on the other side of the line.  The lady had no idea what I was talking about. 

If there are emails being sent, I don't think that those emails are going to the right places.  So with that in mind I looked up the Penguin Publishers numbers and if anyone would like they can call one of the 800 numbers in either Canada or the US.  For all the other ladies in Europe, Penguin Publishers can be found in their local phone directories (If someone needs help, just let me know and I will figure out a way to get the number for you).  Here are the numbers: 

1.  Penguin Publishers Canada

(800)399-6858

2.  Penguin Publishers USA

(800)526-0275

Again, if anyone has a problem with either of these numbers, just shoot me off an email and let me know what city and province/state that you live in and I will get you the numbers.  I hope this helps.