Video of Sylvia interview May 14 2013 Booktalk Nation

Yes -- you can see video reply of the hour-long interview she gave yesterday for Booktalk Nation.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemzB1Z-VZI

NOTE: at the very start is about ten seconds of "Hangout" screen logo - let the play button keep going; the video will start.

Approximately the first 20 minutes of the interview focus on Sylvia as a writer; there's some really cool stuff there. Some additional details about her as a writer come up as well during the fan question-and-answer portion later in the interview too.

She gives us a detailed update about the progress of plans to bring the Crossfire series to premium cable television.

Of course, she does answer questions about Crossfire as well. Highlights there:

• In Entwined, we'll find out who Gideon's abuser had been
  • As far as Happily Ever After goes for the five Crossfire novels, well, "Gideon's going to want a ring on it."
  • She says some really interesting things in response to a question about Corrine being hated by the fandom.
  • As things stand right now, the story will continue to be told from Eva's point of view -- no major plans at this time for Gideon point of view stuff.
  • She hinted that long-term, Gideon might reconcile with his family as part of his recovery journey.

There's lots of stuff from this interview that'll keep us busy for days in the already existing Crossfire threads, but I thought I'd start a special one here for we fans to watch the entire interview and then talk about it together.

One hour was too short-- LOL!

LOVE Sylvia Day!

She said that the Crossfire series would be on a premium cable channel--I don't subscribe but I will now!

Sylvia said The Crossfire series appeal transcends culture, countries etc...the reaction worldwide appears to be the same.. I found that interesting......

Someone who looks like Gideon Cross lives in Manhatten!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to find this guy!

One hour was too short-- LOL!

LOVE Sylvia Day!

She said that the Crossfire series would be on a premium cable channel--I don't subscribe but I will now!

Sylvia said The Crossfire series appeal transcends culture, countries etc...the reaction worldwide appears to be the same.. I found that interesting......

Someone who looks like Gideon Cross lives in Manhatten!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to find this guy!

I loved that part of the interview -- how she described she stood there on the sidewalk gawking, as did other women. The God in the Three Piece Suit didn't even notice he'd a bunch of females in their tracks. He fiddled with his Blackberry and then climbed into the backseat of a Town Car waiting at the curb.

Without even knowing it, that real-life guy became the inspiration for a literary character whose name is on the lips of millions of readers today.

I loved that part of the interview -- how she described she stood there on the sidewalk gawking, as did other women. The God in the Three Piece Suit didn't even notice he'd a bunch of females in their tracks. He fiddled with his Blackberry and then climbed into the backseat of a Town Car waiting at the curb.

Without even knowing it, that real-life guy became the inspiration for a literary character whose name is on the lips of millions of readers today.

i think it's time for another trip to NYC:)

Yes -- you can see video reply of the hour-long interview she gave yesterday for Booktalk Nation.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemzB1Z-VZI

NOTE: at the very start is about ten seconds of "Hangout" screen logo - let the play button keep going; the video will start.

Approximately the first 20 minutes of the interview focus on Sylvia as a writer; there's some really cool stuff there. Some additional details about her as a writer come up as well during the fan question-and-answer portion later in the interview too.

She gives us a detailed update about the progress of plans to bring the Crossfire series to premium cable television.

Of course, she does answer questions about Crossfire as well. Highlights there:

• In Entwined, we'll find out who Gideon's abuser had been
  • As far as Happily Ever After goes for the five Crossfire novels, well, "Gideon's going to want a ring on it."
  • She says some really interesting things in response to a question about Corrine being hated by the fandom.
  • As things stand right now, the story will continue to be told from Eva's point of view -- no major plans at this time for Gideon point of view stuff.
  • She hinted that long-term, Gideon might reconcile with his family as part of his recovery journey.

There's lots of stuff from this interview that'll keep us busy for days in the already existing Crossfire threads, but I thought I'd start a special one here for we fans to watch the entire interview and then talk about it together.

Just picked up on the, we will find out who Gideons abuser had been? To me that sounds like his dead, as in past tense, not breathing anymore??? Or am I reading it wrong?

Just picked up on the, we will find out who Gideons abuser had been? To me that sounds like his dead, as in past tense, not breathing anymore??? Or am I reading it wrong?

I think you are reading it wrong.   We will soon find out who was right.   It's probably someone who wasn't introduced yet.  lol

When I wrote "who Gideon's abuser had been" I wasn't indicating the guy must be dead. Oh God, I don't want to be the start of rumors!!! ;)

It was a grammar choice, past tense versus present tense. Writing "who Gideon's abuser is" wasn't quite right, because that could indicate he's still being abused. "Had been" indicates in the past, this person had abused Gideon.

He's probably still very much alive --- but wishing he were dead. When Gideon first found out about Nathan, he swore he'd find Nathan and make Nathan feel he wished he were dead.

When I wrote "who Gideon's abuser had been" I wasn't indicating the guy must be dead. Oh God, I don't want to be the start of rumors!!! ;)

It was a grammar choice, past tense versus present tense. Writing "who Gideon's abuser is" wasn't quite right, because that could indicate he's still being abused. "Had been" indicates in the past, this person had abused Gideon.

He's probably still very much alive --- but wishing he were dead. When Gideon first found out about Nathan, he swore he'd find Nathan and make Nathan feel he wished he were dead.

I don't want Gideon killing anyone else.  If the abuser is dead, Angus should have done the deed.

Sorry, it's me, miss reading the post. I got my "had beens" mixed up. Lol :)

We all wish he was dead.

LN you crack me up:) I don't think Gideon would have murdered his abuser the only reason he got rid of Nathan was because he feared for Eva and really thought that was the only way to save her.

I say if the abuser was somewhat affluent which is a good possibility ; that Gideon ruined this person financially or his reputation or ability to earn a living...

First of all for all of you potential NYC stalkers: I work in midtown and have never seen Giideon getting into a town car...

and did anyone hear clearly the list of SD's favorite authors: I could only make out one fullname and would like to see what they have written...

thanks to all

Thank you for the link,

it was wonderful to hear Sylvia speaking about her own writing process!!!! lol

I'm still standing by my theory that Christopher Vidal sr was Gideon's abuser

Or he at least knew who it was and covered up financially for it to be hidden to spare upsetting his pregnant wife who was already having a difficult pregnancy