Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

chapter-ten.jpg

Here's the watch in Snapshot #10 - a woman's watch and obviously very luxurious

923144_528344890534122_106541161_n.jpg

This also is a woman's watch - though not luxurious, possibly simply a handy "prop" the agency creating the images had.

Caption: can you trust everyone around you?

Theory: Chapter 10 has something to do with Elizabeth Vidal, as it relates to Gideon's history.  Teen-aged Gideon finished growing up around a family that thought he was a liar, because Elizabeth accepted the word of others (pediatricians her rich husband paid for) over her own child. The watch symbolically stands for "time" as the story takes us back in time.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chapter-ten.jpg

This also is a woman's watch - though not luxurious, possibly simply a handy "prop" the agency creating the images had.

Theory: Chapter 10 has something to do with Elizabeth Vidal, as it relates to Gideon's history.  Teen-aged Gideon finished growing up around a family that thought he was a liar, because Elizabeth accepted the word of others (pediatricians her rich husband paid for) over her own child. The watch symbolically stands for "time" as the story takes us back in time.

I like this :)

And maybe in Chapter 10 we'll find out why Angus was the one person from his youth that Gideon did trust. My theory is that Angus took the law into his own hands to stop the pedophile. If Chapter 10 looks back into time about how Elizabeth Vidal failed Gideon, then the chapter may also tell us how Angus may have saved Gideon.

I certainly hope so. Angus definitely is one of the good guys!

Does this coincide with the picture of the clothes on the floor by the bed, which we thought might be Deanna's?

Yes it does snap 11 is the elevator doors and snap 12 is the clothes maybe Deanna is lurking by the elevators again... This could be a possibility in 10 days well know for sure!! :)

chapter-ten.jpg

I'm liking your theory. I'll go with this.

Is this Gideon at last opening up?

Yes, Angus is a good guy. Gideons surrogate father.

These countdown photos are killing me. All the theories making me anxious.  Good thing there are just a few days left until the release. Thankfully, my husband is taking me with him to a convention in Atlantic City on release day and my mother is staying with my kids at home.  I have 3 days of Gideon while sitting by the pool.  Can't wait to come back to this forum on the 7th and see what we all got right, or wrong.

These countdown photos are killing me. All the theories making me anxious.  Good thing there are just a few days left until the release. Thankfully, my husband is taking me with him to a convention in Atlantic City on release day and my mother is staying with my kids at home.  I have 3 days of Gideon while sitting by the pool.  Can't wait to come back to this forum on the 7th and see what we all got right, or wrong.

Huh! We are probably way of base. Lol

chapter-ten.jpg

Good theory!! 

chapter-ten.jpg

This is my favorite theory at this point.  I have myself so tied up in knots about this couple I feel like they are part of my family.  I want to give them both a hug and tell them it will be ok if they (and I have to too) just hang in there until the end of book 5.

This is my favorite theory at this point.  I have myself so tied up in knots about this couple I feel like they are part of my family.  I want to give them both a hug and tell them it will be ok if they (and I have to too) just hang in there until the end of book 5.

I feel the same. I want to mother them, talk through their troubles with them, cuddle them, put them right. And always be there for them.

Do what a mother should do for them. Love them unconditionally.

I wonder whether the watches could be related to the timing of Gedeon's alibi.

The diamond watch could be Eva's, the cheaper one could be Detective Graves's, or Deanna's. Just my guess.

All good guesses in terms of what the watches could mean. They're also things that I never would have thought about. 

Can't wait to finally know.

That's why this forum ROCKS!! :)

I'm always impressed by the depth of these ladies' reasoning on these books. It makes my reading (and rereading and re-rereading) such a wonderful experience. Plus, each and every day I learn something new!

Maybe it means it is time to take the bull by the horns, so to speak and get everything on the table.  If the hospital trip is Cary and his drug issues it could be a time when everyone starts talking.

Gideon's past (Corinne & his abuse) which will make Eva more secure. 

Monica's cover-up is revealed to Victor.

Cary's issues.

Maybe it means it is time to take the bull by the horns, so to speak and get everything on the table.  If the hospital trip is Cary and his drug issues it could be a time when everyone starts talking.

Gideon's past (Corinne & his abuse) which will make Eva more secure. 

Monica's cover-up is revealed to Victor.

Cary's issues.

Nice guess. The ticking bomb is about to explode!!!