Penguin Publishing Picture Posts

Kirsten

In the end, though, it will be good for Gideon to go through the pain of dealing with the Brett insecurities. Because by her actions, Eva will prove she's not going to go back to Brett. The only way Gideon is going to learn how to trust Eva is to be put into a position where he's forced to do so.

During their North Carolina weekend, Gideon told Eva that in a way, him seeing her kissing Brett had been a good thing -- good in that it finally opened up his eyes to just how much pain she'd been in and how much of a threat to the stability of their relationship the whole Corrine insecurity/jealousy problem actually was. Before that point, Gideon had underestimated the whole crisis - he simply thought Eva just wasn't handling things well.

And yet he still uses Corrine as his cover story. Did he seriously think somewhere down the road Eva would really look past how he went about all this? Lets keep in mind he NEVER intended to tell her what he'd done to Nathan. Makes me mad every time I think about it.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet he still uses Corrine as his cover story. Did he seriously think somewhere down the road Eva would really look past how he went about all this? Lets keep in mind he NEVER intended to tell her what he'd done to Nathan. Makes me mad every time I think about it.

You and me both. It was a mark of just how desperate Gideon was feeling as he threw together a plan to eliminate the Nathan danger forever as soon as he could arrange things so that he (Gideon) could get away with it. Get away with it because if Gideon went down for the killing, the cops might try accusing Eva of having put Gideon up to it. The cover was to protect her as much, perhaps even more, than to protect himself.

That said, his idea was way beyond stupid. Mr. Control Freak thought he could control everything, including Eva's reactions. Simply tell Eva to "trust" him and she would. Um, no. Well, he's finally learned he cannot control Eva. What's more he's learned trust can be broken.

You and me both. It was a mark of just how desperate Gideon was feeling as he threw together a plan to eliminate the Nathan danger forever as soon as he could arrange things so that he (Gideon) could get away with it. Get away with it because if Gideon went down for the killing, the cops might try accusing Eva of having put Gideon up to it. The cover was to protect her as much, perhaps even more, than to protect himself.

That said, his idea was way beyond stupid. Mr. Control Freak thought he could control everything, including Eva's reactions. Simply tell Eva to "trust" him and she would. Um, no. Well, he's finally learned he cannot control Eva. What's more he's learned trust can be broken.

I cannot believe he thought she would never find out. That the cops would never visit her asking about Nathan.His quickly hatched plan had many pitfalls. I agree it was for her benefit. Even if it meant loosing her, he knew she would be safe. This poor deluded man.

Now we have new Eva. She has grown, respecting herself, more self assured and happier, but I think the jealously will always be lurking in the shadows. Even chapter one confirms this. U

Gideons story will be a mirror image of Eva's I think. How he grows and learns just like Eva did. Deja vu. :)

Bring it on.

UNLESS EVA TELLS GIDEON IN EWY EARLY ON AS TO HOW CORINNE WAS TRYING TO TRICK HER INTO THINKING HE WAS IN LOVE WITH HER, HE WON"T EVER KNOW WHAT A WHICH SHE IS. EVA STILL HASN'T TOLD HIM....WILL SHE EVER?

Oh I think Gideon knows, how much Corinne hurt Eva. He knew Eva's insecurities after the limo trip to NC, he just didn't realise how bad they were. Gideon felt the same after seeing Brett with Eva. Gideon knows Corinne still loves him, Eva told him. I'm sure Eva will tell Gideon some of her altercations with the lovely Corinne.

Gideon used Eva's love for him against her(Eva ). Everything Gideon told Corinne, she used against her(Eva). Both of them hurt Eva, resulting in Eva's trust being destroyed.

I like Brett and I feel sorry for him:

• Eva was his first love - he was just too dumb at the time to realize it.
  • Even if he had realized it, though, it never would have worked out, because at the time Eva was incapable of any sort of healthy relationship
  • Brett had been good for her indirectly though -- her father having watched her settle for being a groupie was one of the big reasons why he (her father) got Eva to enter therapy. Dr. Travis changed Eva's life for the better.
  • Brett always hoped to run into Eva some day. He didn't forcibly insert himself into her life like Corrine did.
  • When Brett kissed Eva, he had no idea she had a boyfriend.
  • Days later, when he sought out Eva, he specifically asked about her relationship status with Gideon. It was obvious the relationship was in deep trouble. 
  • Since then, Brett and the rest of the world have been led to believe a huge lie -- Gideon is done with Eva, whom he'd been seeing only a couple of weeks, and is now reunited with the only woman he'd ever wanted to marry, Corrine.

Brett asked Eva for another shot, doing so at a time when he had every reason to think he might get one. Eva gave him mixed signals (the kiss, taking him out to lunch) that would have led him to believe it might be possible for them to try again. On the spot, she said no. On the spot, he decided he wasn't going to give up that easily.

So the poor guy is going to come back to New York with high hopes he has a real shot at Eva. Certainly, he'd believe he had a clear shot, because Eva is single again and Gideon is (if you believe the wild gossip) practically engaged to someone else.

Looking at this from Cary's possible point of view, I can perceive this, how he might want to push Brett thinking he was doing the right thing for Eva (and keep in mind that Cary's not exactly the picture of functional when it comes to relationships):

• Cross won't get his s*** together -- he'll just go through the lather-rinse-repeat cycle of hurting her all over again.
  • Eva started healing after she dumped Cross and he left her alone.
  • Now he's bugging her again. He doesn't want her -- but he doesn't want anyone else (like Brett) having her either.
  • Brett definitely wants Eva back. He's a nice guy -- but for the sleeping around part, but who am I to fault him there.
  • I think Eva does want Brett, even if she won't admit it to herself.
  • I'd rather see her with Brett than back with Cross any day.

I will be disappointed with Cary if he becomes a Brett advocate mainly because he saw how Eva was hurt.  He knows the life of rocker's girlfriend and he knows that Eva won't handle it well.  He said so.  Even if Brett is a good guy (and I think he is) I know from experience it is tough being the girlfriend of a lead singer even if they aren't in the national spotlight.  I would want my best friend to help me through a tough spot not throw me into another difficult relationship.  I'm sure you are right but I just don't want it to happen.  I want someone on the Eva/Gideon bandwagon and I think most people won't be.  My hope is that my and/or Eva's best friend would support her decisions to love the person she wants and needs to love.

I will be disappointed with Cary if he becomes a Brett advocate mainly because he saw how Eva was hurt.  He knows the life of rocker's girlfriend and he knows that Eva won't handle it well.  He said so.  Even if Brett is a good guy (and I think he is) I know from experience it is tough being the girlfriend of a lead singer even if they aren't in the national spotlight.  I would want my best friend to help me through a tough spot not throw me into another difficult relationship.  I'm sure you are right but I just don't want it to happen.  I want someone on the Eva/Gideon bandwagon and I think most people won't be.  My hope is that my and/or Eva's best friend would support her decisions to love the person she wants and needs to love.

I think Cary likes to play devil's advocate, but ultimately he wants Eva happy and whatever makes her happy is what he wants for her.

I keep thinking about the question "What is the cost of your love?"   It could be a discussion about the past when Eva was taken to the hospital with the miscarriage.  Maybe someone isn't going to the hospital in the present day but a discussion takes place about the past.  Then what if this discussion is between Monica and Victor?  Maybe they have a confrontation and then has some kind of cardiac event it could be either one of them.

I keep thinking about the question "What is the cost of your love?"   It could be a discussion about the past when Eva was taken to the hospital with the miscarriage.  Maybe someone isn't going to the hospital in the present day but a discussion takes place about the past.  Then what if this discussion is between Monica and Victor?  Maybe they have a confrontation and then has some kind of cardiac event it could be either one of them.

Maybe Eva tells Carybwho actually attacked him?

Imthisclose to giving up deciphering these daily clues. I feel like they are doing more harm than good! Sends my mind to a million different places. 

You know what would be amazing, if each of SD snapshots included a question related to the pic! 

Is it June 4th yet?!? I'm afraid I may be losing my mind. 

Imthisclose to giving up deciphering these daily clues. I feel like they are doing more harm than good! Sends my mind to a million different places. 

You know what would be amazing, if each of SD snapshots included a question related to the pic! 

Is it June 4th yet?!? I'm afraid I may be losing my mind.

As Gideon would say I'm right there with you...