Megumi

Kaz13

The day Chris Jr came and invited Eva to the Vidal function he was there to see 2 people and she assumed the other one was Gideon.   Maybe the other person was Megumi.

Yes could be but then again she didn't attend the function unless she arrived and left during the time GidEva were in the library!!

The day Chris Jr came and invited Eva to the Vidal function he was there to see 2 people and she assumed the other one was Gideon.   Maybe the other person was Megumi.

Hi Donnad, 

Do you think that Christopher Jr. was really going to see his brother or do you think that he just lied to Eva in order to find an opening to invite her to the garden party.  It wouldn't be beyond Christopher Jr. to lie afterall?  What do you think?

The jury's out on this one, regarding her boyfriends. It's Megumi I find a little troubling. She seems to probe Eva for gossip all the time. Will/has Deanna got to her? I don't know.

I hope she doesn't let Eva down.

Hi Julie, 

I think that Megumi is just one of those girls who loves a little gossip.  How many of us know someone who always wants to know what is going on or always has the latest scoop?  Thus far I think that everything with Megumi seems pretty innocent. 

Is anybody else having problems like comments posting multiple times and not getting email anymore?

Hi Jennpenn926, 

I have trouble with postings in the past.  I am not sure if there is a problem wih the website.  If you are having trouble with the emails, go back and check your account settings.  You may have accidentally changed something or maybe something got reset when the website went down.  I have seen the server go down on at least a few ocassions.  The only thing that I am not sure of is whether everyone's account automatically gets reset.   I hope that helps.

Hi Julie, 

I think that Megumi is just one of those girls who loves a little gossip.  How many of us know someone who always wants to know what is going on or always has the latest scoop?  Thus far I think that everything with Megumi seems pretty innocent.

Hi Gigi

It's a female trait to gossip. :)

I didn't think too much about the boyfriend in the beginning but on the second re-read I thought the boyfriend has something to do with Gideon.  She asks too many questions about Eva's relationship with Gideon and it isn't always in the context of "girl talk".  She even recognized that she went too far one time and kind of laughed off her gossipy tendencies.  I don't want Megumi to be a bad person but I don't think most of the characters in this book have a purpose.  I think it is going to turn out that Shawna will be Eva's true friend and Megumi is going to have another purpose but I really want Megumi to be a friend too.

Hi Sharonm745, 

Do you think that it is possible that Megumi may just be a "nosy nellie"?  There are a lot of people like that out in this world.  I think that Megumi may also be a little star struck because she knows how wealthy and good looking Gideon is.  Wouldn't it be a real inside scoop if she was able to live vicariously through a woman who got to date an extremely weathy and good looking moguel.  What do you think?

Hi Julie, 

So long as the gossip isn't mean or hurtful, a little gossip might be ok.  It can break up the tension some times.  Or a friend like that can be a lot of fun on gloomy days.

Hi Gigi

That's why I like Cary, he is fun, but wicked. :)

Hi Gigi

That's why I like Cary, he is fun, but wicked. :)

Hi Julie, 

I think that Cary can be quite mischievous at times but underneath it all he seems to really love Eva.  I just can't figure out why he does what he does sometimes.  I sometimes think that Eva and Gideon wouldn't have had some of the troubles that they did if Cary had only behaved himself. 

Oh well, such is the course of their friendship. 

Hi Sharonm745, 

Do you think that it is possible that Megumi may just be a "nosy nellie"?  There are a lot of people like that out in this world.  I think that Megumi may also be a little star struck because she knows how wealthy and good looking Gideon is.  Wouldn't it be a real inside scoop if she was able to live vicariously through a woman who got to date an extremely weathy and good looking moguel.  What do you think?

I think Megumi is harmless and just nosy but lives her life through others, always needing people to help her make decisions that type of person :)

Hi Sharonm745, 

It is possible.  She also might be the girlfriend that always picks the wrong guy and is jealous of anyone who has the right guy.  I have a theory but I have to wait until we can talk about the additional info we learned about Megumi.  Come on Friday.

The fact that Sylvia mentions Eva trying to get ahold of the sick Megumi several times with no results makes me think something's up. I so want her to be Eva's friend. She needs girlfriends.

Hi Michele

I agree with you, Eva is a lovely person and feels it badly when a friend of hers is not well or not answering their phone, I think she will worry until she get's Megumi :)

The fact that Sylvia mentions Eva trying to get ahold of the sick Megumi several times with no results makes me think something's up. I so want her to be Eva's friend. She needs girlfriends.

I wonder if this incident is a red herring???

Hi Michele

I agree with you, Eva is a lovely person and feels it badly when a friend of hers is not well or not answering their phone, I think she will worry until she get's Megumi :)

I can hardly wait until tomorrow.  There is a lot discuss!