Books as good as the Crossfire series

Please excuse me if this is not an appropriate topic for this forum or if it has been covered already. I'm new to this genre and have been completely seduced by these books. I've got to give them a rest for a while and need to find something else to read. EIY will be devoured all too soon and then there will be the long wait for #4.

I've read some reviews and lists of supposedly comparable books, but haven't liked any. None had the depth of characters, lively sharp dialogue, and solid plot to go along with the erotic side. The only book I liked I picked up the other day from this group - Dublin Road. Read it last night and really enjoyed it, though nothing can compete with...

Anyway, I've only been a member here for a couple of weeks, but reading everyone's comments, which are funny, literate, clever, and full of interesting background knowledge, makes me feel like recommendations from you all would really be worth having - as opposed to the kind of (to use Gideon's phrase) "spank bank" p*** with cringe inducing dialogue I've seen listed elsewhere.

Just a place where people could add new titles we could investigate would be super.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read Ask For It, Pride And Passion, The Stranger I Married, and they are all WONDERFUL. You shouldn't miss them!!

I too have become a fan (obsessed LOL) with this new (If you can call it that) romance Genre.  I have really enjoyed Raine Miller's Blackstone Series, the third book was released recently.  Emily Snow's book Devoured, there are more coming out in that series, there is a prequel to Devoured called All Over You.  H M Ward writes short little books but there are many in each series.  Sydney Landon is great, there are four books in her Danver's series and it starts with Weekends Required.  Ruth Cardello has a good series also, the fifth was recently released.  I hope that helps.

Try reading Sylvia's Georgian Series...  Ask for it, Passion for the Game, Passion for him and Don't tempt me.

Yes I would recommend all the Georgian ones/Historical section for SD as they are so brilliant and will keep you going until next week.  I read one in a day ;)

• 1 month later...

A friend gave me Claim Me and Release Me by J. Kenner. They follow a Gideva type couple. They are 2/3 of The Stark Trilogy - last book due out July 30. They were better than most versions of difficult hot billionaire and wounded heroine I have tried - IMO about equal in quality to On Dublin Street which I liked. Don't mean to sound so lukewarm - it's just nothing compares to Crossfire.

A friend gave me Claim Me and Release Me by J. Kenner. They follow a Gideva type couple. They are 2/3 of The Stark Trilogy - last book due out July 30. They were better than most versions of difficult hot billionaire and wounded heroine I have tried - IMO about equal in quality to On Dublin Street which I liked. Don't mean to sound so lukewarm - it's just nothing compares to Crossfire.

:)

I'm re-reading Claim Me today getting ready for the 3rd one, Complete Me.  They are a pretty hot couple, good story line and of course lots of secrets too :)  

Hi Everyone,

I have been collecting everyone's book lists:

Books:

1. Maya Banks :  KGI Series
  2. Samantha Young: 
  • On Dublin Road
  • On London Road
  1. Diana Gabaldon Series
  2. Shayla Black:  Wicked Series
  • Wicked Ties
  • Decadent
  • Delicious
  • Surrender To Me
  • Belong To Me
  • Mine To Hold
  • Wicked All The Way
  • Ours To Love
  1. Olivia Cunnings:  Sinners Series
  2. Arianne Richmonde:  The Pearl Trilogy
  • Forty Shades of Pearl
  1. Kyra Davis:  Just Another Night Series
  2. Raine Miller:  The Blackstone Affair
  •       Naked

I hope I got the list correct.  If there are any errors please feel free to edit or cut and paste (what ever suites each person).  :)

I have been reading this forum for the past few months and have loved everyone's comments and thoughts, but this is my first time posting myself. I really love SD's historical books and of course the crossfire series.

I read books so quickly that I have had to look around for my romance fix and have found the following contemporary romance/erotic novels to be pretty good and keep me entertained;

This Man (trilogy and all released) Jodi Ellen Malpas

Blackstone Affair (trilogy and all released) Raine Miller

Knight and play/stay ( two books both released) Kitty French

Stark Trilogy ( 2 released final out on 30 July) J Kenner

I love the writing of SD and can see the differences between a great writer like Sylvia and the thoughtful stories she writes compared to some of the other books out there.

Hope you are all well and cannot wait for my next Eva and Gideon fix

I have been reading this forum for the past few months and have loved everyone's comments and thoughts, but this is my first time posting myself. I really love SD's historical books and of course the crossfire series.

I read books so quickly that I have had to look around for my romance fix and have found the following contemporary romance/erotic novels to be pretty good and keep me entertained;

I love the writing of SD and can see the differences between a great writer like Sylvia and the thoughtful stories she writes compared to some of the other books out there.

Hi Lulu, 

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Hi Everyone,

Another forum member suggested these books so I thought that I might add them here:

1. Sylvain Reynard:  Gabriel Series
  • Gabriel’s Inferno
  • Gabriel’s Rapture
  • Gabriel’s Redemption

Morning ladies.

Just finished On Dublin Street- Samantha Young. Recommend it. Read it twice in a week. Lol. :)

I liked it too and wouldn't have minded a sequel, but I didn't much care for the woman that the sequel was to be based on. If you read it and like it, please share. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

I read books quickly also.  Once I start reading I can't put the book down until the end.  Thanks for your suggestions

Welcome to the forum.

I read books quickly also.  Once I start reading I can't put the book down until the end.  Thanks for your suggestions

Hi Sharonm745

Me too, I have to keep reading and stay up all night. If there are more than one book in the series, I have to read them back to back! I just spent three days reading the This Man trilogy :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

Ok...Here's my list of books that I've enjoyed since starting this genre of books (Romance, contemporary etc)

Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day ( :) )

Beauty from Pain (cliffhanger) by Georgia Cates

Beauty from Surrender

Beauty from ____ TBR idk when...she's just decided to write it, so book 2 end nicely w/o a cliffhanger

Georgia is very vocal w/ her fans on FB like SD...super friendly and asks for a lot of input

She's also written YA books

Going Under & Shallow

Collide (cliffhanger) by Gail McHugh

Pulse due Aug 10 the final book in series

On Dublin Street (LOVED!) by Samantha Young

Until Fountain Bridge follows two characters from ODS

Down London Rd (haven't read yet) follows a character from ODS

I believe she's got another book coming out from this series

Tangled by Emma Chase

This was so funny...male POV

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

This was HYSTERICAL! I loved this book and LOL'd the whole time.

Beautiful ######

Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren

These two were good

The Edge of Never (Cried like a baby....sooo good!)

The Edge of Always tbr Nov by J.A Redmerski

Lost to You

Take this Regret  A.L. Jackson

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Losing Hope TBR in July

Not in the romance dept:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn...whoa..what a book! I literally screamed at my iPad at the end...my husband was like 'wtf??' lol :)

I also read her other two books...she's such a great writer..I was stunned at the end of both..well all three

Dark Places

Sharp Objects (very disturbing to me)

The Help  Kathryn Stockett

Water for Elephants Sara Gruen

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Kite Runner

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

anything by Mitch Albom

Ok...that's my List! I've read a bunch more but only lised the ones i'd rec :)

I'm waiting for the price to drop on the Stark and Blackstone series so I could buy and read those...they look good and I know you ladies have rec'd them.

Hi Nathalia

I'm so happy we have a few good reads in common!!! :D

Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day. Need I say anything? I love love and love it!!!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I love the story so much, and the structure of the novel, too. Young Jacob learned how to be a man the hard way, but carved himself a happy life, and Old Jacob finds a wonderful, lovely way to end 'his' novel. I wouldn't have seen it coming, ever!!!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Well, this is supposed to be children's stuff but WHAT issues the novel tackles with!!!! and I loved the way SC avoided being obvious.

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I liked it, but it's so sad a book I don't think I'll ever reread it.

I'll have a look to my bookshelves and see if I can find anything interesting.