Books as good as the Crossfire series

I just want to thank all the ladies who have shared the books they loved.

My reading list is waaaay longer now!!

I'm looking forward to start reading them.... I'm afraid my purse is going to have a conniption!!

:D :D :D

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Nathalia, 

I do enjoy your long list. We do have there a few in common. 

Yes, tangled is on my list because of male POV! Read already some excerpts .... I haven´t decided yet.

The Edge of Never is on my list as one of the next books to read but I am really a little afraid to read them ... because of the deep emotional rollercoaster a few people hinted .. What do you think? Maybe waiting for the second book?

Yeah, the hunger games, I´ve read, too. But it is hard stuff. Even if it is only fiction.

sme

Hi SME....The Edge of Never was emotional, but a good read. The second book continues their story, but the first one doesn't leave you w/ a cliffhanger.

I got it b/c of it's good reviews, plus it was on sale for $.99 ! So worth it! :)

Hi Nathalia

I'm so happy we have a few good reads in common!!! :D

Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day. Need I say anything? I love love and love it!!!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I love the story so much, and the structure of the novel, too. Young Jacob learned how to be a man the hard way, but carved himself a happy life, and Old Jacob finds a wonderful, lovely way to end 'his' novel. I wouldn't have seen it coming, ever!!!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Well, this is supposed to be children's stuff but WHAT issues the novel tackles with!!!! and I loved the way SC avoided being obvious.

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I liked it, but it's so sad a book I don't think I'll ever reread it.

I'll have a look to my bookshelves and see if I can find anything interesting.

I know Gabri....I didn't want to reread The Kite Runner either...Hosseini has a new book out now that I'll probably read.

Water for Elephants and The Hunger Games series I re read b/c they were so good. I got a bit teary reading those too.

I just noticed those three were made into movies....Saw WfE ( I liked it) and THG...but I couldn't watch TKR...that would've been too much for me.

OH! I forgot to add Casual Vacancy to the non-romance list...It's the first I've read from JK Rowling (never read harry Potter...I know...I know). That was great too...pretty emotional .

Hi SME....The Edge of Never was emotional, but a good read. The second book continues their story, but the first one doesn't leave you w/ a cliffhanger.

I got it b/c of it's good reviews, plus it was on sale for $.99 ! So worth it! :)

I know Gabri....I didn't want to reread The Kite Runner either...Hosseini has a new book out now that I'll probably read.

Water for Elephants and The Hunger Games series I re read b/c they were so good. I got a bit teary reading those too.

I just noticed those three were made into movies....Saw WfE ( I liked it) and THG...but I couldn't watch TKR...that would've been too much for me.

OH! I forgot to add Casual Vacancy to the non-romance list...It's the first I've read from JK Rowling (never read harry Potter...I know...I know). That was great too...pretty emotional .

I  haven't seen the THG movie, is it as angsty as the book is?

I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.  These are great easy reads and so funny in some places and sad in other places.  I was reading one of the early books in my doctor's waiting room.  I started laughing so hard I was crying; everyone turned around and looked at me. Stephanie has a hot bad boy after her (not interested in marriage but great sex) and an Italian policeman who wants her to settle down and be his wife.   

Try this series:

1. Temptation Series by K.M. Golland

Temptation #1, Satisfaction #2 and Fulfillment #3. Book 1 and 2 already in market and book 3 will be published in July 12, 2013.

This is a funny love story about married woman and alpha male but don't judge too soo. Try to read it first. This series has a very high ratings in Amazon and Goodreads.

2. Forever Black Trilogy by Sandi Lynn

This is a sad and beautiful love story. About a broken man with the past (just like Gideon :P) and a nice but sad woman.

3. Glass Towers Trilogy by Adler and Holt

Champagne Showers, Shattered and Surrendered. This is a story about a widowed woman and a millionaire man. It is fun to read it.

Search this series on facebook use keyword Glass Towers.

I also like Knight Series by Kitty French. :)

That's my suggestion.

Regards,

LIT

Try this series:

1. Temptation Series by K.M. Golland

Temptation #1, Satisfaction #2 and Fulfillment #3. Book 1 and 2 already in market and book 3 will be published in July 12, 2013.

This is a funny love story about married woman and alpha male but don't judge too soo. Try to read it first. This series has a very high ratings in Amazon and Goodreads.

2. Forever Black Trilogy by Sandi Lynn

This is a sad and beautiful love story. About a broken man with the past (just like Gideon :P) and a nice but sad woman.

3. Glass Towers Trilogy by Adler and Holt

Champagne Showers, Shattered and Surrendered. This is a story about a widowed woman and a millionaire man. It is fun to read it.

Search this series on facebook use keyword Glass Towers.

I also like Knight Series by Kitty French. :)

That's my suggestion.

Regards,

LIT

Hi LIT, 

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

I  haven't seen the THG movie, is it as angsty as the book is?

I thought it was pretty good. From what I remember, it was pretty true to the book... (I think, it's been a while :) )

I've just read Release me and Claim me by J.Kenner. Read the first yest and the 2nd one today!!

I really enjoyed it, no where near as good as Gidevas story but it was still good!!

Darn! I really want to get these but I don't want to pay $10 per book...only for the Crossfire series do I do that! lol..well, and for Gone Girl and Casual Vacancy $13 ea

Hi Nathalia, 

thank you for quick answer! Well, here is it not for sale! In Germany I do mean. 

Well, I will see ... I will wait a little while ..

No, I am so hooked with fanfiction ..

Greetings 

:) sme

No problem :)  I haven't read any fanfiction....I may have to check it out

Just wanted to let the ladies who have read Christina Lauren's Beautiful and Beautiful Stranger know that the continuation of Chloe and Bennett's story was released today. It's called Beautiful and I very much enjoyed it this afternoon with a cold beer in the sunshine.

Just to warn anyone who hasn't read any of these books, they are novellas so shorter than an average book but no less enjoyable :)

I just bought Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn) and the latest Anita Blake, Vampire Slayer novel (Affliction, Laurel K. Hamilton) for next week's vacation.  I'll probably be seeking wifi mid-route for additional downloads!

I don't read any genre exclusively, but I do enjoy dipping into erotic romance occasionally.  :)

For those of you who are romance fans, a friend of mine recently published her second Harlequin Special Edition and I enjoyed it (though I would have preferred a slightly different ending).  Her name is Amanda Berry, and her two (unrelated) novels are L.A. Cinderella (great fun) and Father by Choice.  The thing I liked best about Father by Choice is that while the heroine knows exactly how she feels about the hero, he doesn't see her the same way at first.  The way he comes around to admitting to himself how he feels about her felt unusual and realistic to me.

For paranormal romance fans, a woman in one of my writing groups, Angie Fox, writes the popular Accidental Demon Slayer books and they're fast-paced fun.  A new title (My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding) just published.  The books are about a preschool teacher who suddenly starts seeing demons and learns that her grandmother is part of a gang of biker witches (kiss my asphalt!).  Funny. 

I really enjoyed Fifty Shades (despite its literary flaws, there's a good story there, IMO) and the Crossfire books are my first experiences with Sylvia Day.  Obviously, I love them!  Thanks for all the great suggestions; I'll be working my way through some of your reading lists!

I just bought Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn) and the latest Anita Blake, Vampire Slayer novel (Affliction, Laurel K. Hamilton) for next week's vacation.  I'll probably be seeking wifi mid-route for additional downloads!

I don't read any genre exclusively, but I do enjoy dipping into erotic romance occasionally.  :)

For those of you who are romance fans, a friend of mine recently published her second Harlequin Special Edition and I enjoyed it (though I would have preferred a slightly different ending).  Her name is Amanda Berry, and her two (unrelated) novels are L.A. Cinderella (great fun) and Father by Choice.  The thing I liked best about Father by Choice is that while the heroine knows exactly how she feels about the hero, he doesn't see her the same way at first.  The way he comes around to admitting to himself how he feels about her felt unusual and realistic to me.

For paranormal romance fans, a woman in one of my writing groups, Angie Fox, writes the popular Accidental Demon Slayer books and they're fast-paced fun.  A new title (My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding) just published.  The books are about a preschool teacher who suddenly starts seeing demons and learns that her grandmother is part of a gang of biker witches (kiss my asphalt!).  Funny. 

I really enjoyed Fifty Shades (despite its literary flaws, there's a good story there, IMO) and the Crossfire books are my first experiences with Sylvia Day.  Obviously, I love them!  Thanks for all the great suggestions; I'll be working my way through some of your reading lists!

Gone Girl is really good! I know many people hated the ending though.. I was a bit annoyed with it  but got over it! lol

Hi Everyone,

Here is an updated List of Maya Banks:  KGI Series

1. Maya Banks :  KGI Series
  • The Darkest Hour (1)
  • No Place To Run (2)
  • Hidden Away (3)
  • Whispers In The Dark (4)
  • Echoes At Dawn (5)
  • Shades of Grey (6)
  • ?

Forged in Steele -  I will finish that tonight and then I'll be waiting until Dec for #8. 

Here is a list of books you might enjoy after Crossfire

1.The bronze horseman trilogy -Paulina Simmons

2.The moment -Douglas Kennedy

3.The pursuit of happiness -Douglas Kennedy

4.The Opportunist -Tarryn Fisher

5 .Dirty red -Tarryn Fisher

6.Thief -Tarryn Fisher ( not yet released)

7 .Destiny -Sally Beauman

8.J D Robb -In death series (started these when Sylvia said she likes them and they do give the hot billionaire fix)

Forged in Steele -  I will finish that tonight and then I'll be waiting until Dec for #8. 

Hi Sharon, 

I am still compiling a master list of erotic novels and authors.   It might make it easier for everyone to have one thing to download instead of several postings.

I didn't include the other literature.  Do you think that it would a second list of non-erotic literature should be included as well?  Let me know what you and the other ladies think.  Thanks. 

Gone Girl is really good! I know many people hated the ending though.. I was a bit annoyed with it  but got over it! lol

I have heard so much about Gone Girl Claudine and ladies.  I think that may be the next book that I read.   

I have heard so much about Gone Girl Claudine and ladies. I think that may be the next book that I read.

Sure thing! The book overall was good, its just that ending is so unexpected but i still dont know if its in a good way or bad way but im not a person who lets an ending define how good an entire book is so overall its good!

Again I needed tissue.  I love these rough, macho guys who so love their women.

Hi Sharon, 

I am still compiling a master list of erotic novels and authors.   It might make it easier for everyone to have one thing to download instead of several postings.

I didn't include the other literature.  Do you think that it would a second list of non-erotic literature should be included as well?  Let me know what you and the other ladies think.  Thanks. 

I think a master list is great.  I have a spreadsheet that I am working on too but I haven't had time.  At the rate I'm going, I will need an extra long vacation and a winning lottery ticket to get all the books I want to read.  I like different genres so I won't object if you add non-erotic to the list. 

Again I needed tissue.  I love these rough, macho guys who so love their women.

I think a master list is great.  I have a spreadsheet that I am working on too but I haven't had time.  At the rate I'm going, I will need an extra long vacation and a winning lottery ticket to get all the books I want to read.  I like different genres so I won't object if you add non-erotic to the list. 

Hi Sharon,

I will do my best with the non-erotic list.  Unfortunately, unless someone specifically states that said "book" falls under one category or another, I am not sure which is which so I will do my best.  I am aware of the major or best selling authors, but I will rely on the good forum members to state which is which (which many of the members have kindly already done so). 

Hi Everyone,

Another forum member suggested these books so I thought that I might add them here:

• Sylvain Reynard:  Gabriel Series
  • Gabriel’s Inferno
  • Gabriel’s Rapture
  • Gabriel’s Redemption

Hi GiGi

I just finished the first two books from the Gabriel Series last night. Really enjoyed the story. The third is not out yet and there is no date announced.

I havn't read or watched the movie of the twilight series, but I have read that this series also came about via fan fiction like FSOG.