Books as good as the Crossfire series

Hi GiGi

I just finished the first two books from the Gabriel Series last night. Really enjoyed the story. The third is not out yet and there is no date announced.

I havn't read or watched the movie of the twilight series, but I have read that this series also came about via fan fiction like FSOG.

I have downloaded the first two in this series so far 

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have downloaded the first two in this series so far

I have now found out the third is due December 3.

I liked the story and I have been to Italy so knew the places they talked about well. The sex is more romantic than gideva which is raw and passionate.

Enjoy :)

Hi Sharon, 

I am still compiling a master list of erotic novels and authors.   It might make it easier for everyone to have one thing to download instead of several postings.

I didn't include the other literature.  Do you think that it would a second list of non-erotic literature should be included as well?  Let me know what you and the other ladies think.  Thanks. 

Hi GiGi

great idea!!!! I always look for new good reads and any suggestion cannot be but most welcome and appreciated.

Hope I have some titles to put forward as well. book1.gif

Gone Girl is really good! I know many people hated the ending though.. I was a bit annoyed with it  but got over it! lol

Insideofclouds,

I have heard a lot of people talk about the book Gone Girl, but no one has told me about the book or what kind of book it is or anthing.  I don't want to ask you to give me a book report (unless you want to) but would love to hear a little about the book or at least what kind of book (romance, mystery, sci-fi, etc.) this book is.  I have one friend who read it and all she would tell me is that it is nothing like FSOG, which really tells me nothing.  I would love some info, thanks.

Insideofclouds,

I have heard a lot of people talk about the book Gone Girl, but no one has told me about the book or what kind of book it is or anthing. I don't want to ask you to give me a book report (unless you want to) but would love to hear a little about the book or at least what kind of book (romance, mystery, sci-fi, etc.) this book is. I have one friend who read it and all she would tell me is that it is nothing like FSOG, which really tells me nothing. I would love some info, thanks.

Well she's right! Lol its mystery and suspense. Since I suck at summarizing books without practically telling the whole story I copy and pasted the blurb from goodreads. It does a much better job than i ever could. So here ya go!

Marriage can be a real killer.

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

Hi Ladies

On Dublin Street. Has been mentioned a few times. I bought it and loved it.

A Scottish Gideon and a damaged young woman. Re read it a few times.

Just ordered. Janes Melody. Will let you know what I think, but reviews love it.

Julie,

I loved this book, I was late on the take to read this book too.  I hope that you will read Jo's story, "Down London Road" and then Ellie's "Until Fountain Bridge."  Ellie's story (I believe) was not released on paper, but it is really good.  It is more or less a trip down memory lane, but it is still good.  I am glad that you too decided to read Samantha Young's books.

Well she's right! Lol its mystery and suspense. Since I suck at summarizing books without practically telling the whole story I copy and pasted the blurb from goodreads. It does a much better job than i ever could. So here ya go!

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

Thanks, that does sound really good, I think that I will have to order it.  Is it a solo book or is there a previous book or a sequel?

Julie,

I loved this book, I was late on the take to read this book too.  I hope that you will read Jo's story, "Down London Road" and then Ellie's "Until Fountain Bridge."  Ellie's story (I believe) was not released on paper, but it is really good.  It is more or less a trip down memory lane, but it is still good.  I am glad that you too decided to read Samantha Young's books.

Thanks Fayeth

I didn't realise that Ellie's story was out. Looking forward to it. Loved the relationship between Braden and Joss. Braden was a bit of alright. :)

Hi Ladies

On Dublin Street. Has been mentioned a few times. I bought it and loved it.

A Scottish Gideon and a damaged young woman. Re read it a few times.

Just ordered. Janes Melody. Will let you know what I think, but reviews love it.

I am still trying to get through Down London Road, not been as asorbed with it as I was with Corssfire

Hi Claudine, 

It sounds absolutely delicious!  I am sitting and waiting with anticipation for the book to arrive! :)

Hi Ladies,

Have you ladies ever read a book (or series of books) and found the storyline so compelling that any other book which might have a similar format doesn't quite measure up?  Basically I am asking; once you ladies read a great book(s), do you ever find yourselves comparing said book to the one(s) you absolutely love?  What does everyone think?

Hi Ladies,

Have you ladies ever read a book (or series of books) and found the storyline so compelling that any other book which might have a similar format doesn't quite measure up?  Basically I am asking; once you ladies read a great book(s), do you ever find yourselves comparing said book to the one(s) you absolutely love?  What does everyone think?

Hi GiGi

Yes I do compare. Especially if I am left feeling deflated at the end or there is an aspect of the story that I think if not included/went in a different direction could have made for a much stronger storyline. Then I think back to stories that I love and know it is in a different league.

At present I have only found a few authors that match up to the fluid and thoughtful style of SD. Some come close, but aspects of their story make me turn away. I like drama in a romance, but at times there is only so much a couple can take or a person can forgive.

I am finding as the genre has become really popular there are some book sellers promoting books as being rated no1 or better than... And then when I read them I can see there is a very big difference between them and the ones I love.

I hope this makes sense.

I'm reading Seven Years To Sin at the moment. It's d a m n. good. It's Gideon on the high seas. Alastair is so hot! Definitely recommend this one.

First class Sylvia. :) again!

4_17_10.gif

Morning Julie

I'm reading it too!! Can't put it down.

Reading books in bed is usually said to be sleep-inducing.... You'd better try SD's books and see!!!

Hi Ladies,

Hi GiGi,

Yes I have. I read FSOG first and thought to myself, this is good (not great because of the inner goddess repeats) but when I went looking for new books to read, I found Sylvia Day and have been comparing her books to any of the new authors I have found. I are currently following about 8 authors that I prefer to read. Sylvia Day is my top choice. Nothing so far can top the Crossfire Series.

Of course that is just my personal opinion. I think everyone has their own style of reading whether it be the same type of reading or multiple choice like historical, paranormal, fantasy etc.

Hi GiGi,

Yes I have. I read FSOG first and thought to myself, this is good (not great because of the inner goddess repeats) but when I went looking for new books to read, I found Sylvia Day and have been comparing her books to any of the new authors I have found. I are currently following about 8 authors that I prefer to read. Sylvia Day is my top choice. Nothing so far can top the Crossfire Series.

Of course that is just my personal opinion. I think everyone has their own style of reading whether it be the same type of reading or multiple choice like historical, paranormal, fantasy etc.

I don't compare writers too much unless the story is so similar that I can replace the names with my favs.  I like different genres and I love books that hook me from the beginning and won't let me put the book down until I get to the end.  There are many writers who do that for me and I buy everything they write.  I am relatively new to Sylvia's books but she is on that list now.  It is good to have a number of favorites because every month there is at least 2 or 3 books that I must read.  There are books that I read and think that was good but it wasn't as good as so and so.  Also, there are some writers that I'll read if I stumble across one of there books but there are others that I go online regularly to see when a new book will be released. 

Hi Sheens, 

Do you think that is because Gideon and Eva's storyline was so strong?  What do you think?

Possibly GiGi, but finally finished Down London Road and it actually surprised me, even my hubby made a remark at the fact that I have been silent for the last two days reading so it must be a good book, it did get better and there was a lot of emotion in it and I did cry at parts so it was good, not as good as Gideon and Eva but Cam and Jo had their up's and downs and problems as well.

I have now downloaded Down Dublin Street by Samantha Young which I believe is just as good and many of the ladies on here have read that also and liked it so will let you know what I think on that book, may not get through it in 2 days as on the end of day 2 of my vacation week and hubby off from Wednesday through to Sunday so may have to leave book for a while so we can go out, well if we get the sun back again that is, at the moment the sun is only coming out at the evening.  Oh well still nice being off work for a few days :)

Have you read any of these books GiGi, if not you should I am sure you would like them 

I'm reading Seven Years To Sin at the moment. It's d a m n. good. It's Gideon on the high seas. Alastair is so hot! Definitely recommend this one.

First class Sylvia. :) again!

Hey Julie

I have read that one and the Georgian series and the historical ones that SD has written I love them all but I love Alastair in this book, he is so Gideon you can see the similarities from this book to the Crossfire Series.  I hope you enjoy.

Just been a hermit the last couple of days getting to read Down London Road, after a while reading I really loved it, was up until the wee hours this morning reading and then when Stuart went to work this evening I finished it, hence why I have not been on site or FB so now downloaded Down Dublin Street to read Joss and Braden's story, so can't wait to start that, maybe tonight :)

Hey Julie

I have read that one and the Georgian series and the historical ones that SD has written I love them all but I love Alastair in this book, he is so Gideon you can see the similarities from this book to the Crossfire Series.  I hope you enjoy.

Just been a hermit the last couple of days getting to read Down London Road, after a while reading I really loved it, was up until the wee hours this morning reading and then when Stuart went to work this evening I finished it, hence why I have not been on site or FB so now downloaded Down Dublin Street to read Joss and Braden's story, so can't wait to start that, maybe tonight :)

Hi Sheena

You will love it. As I said a Scottish Gideon sort of!

Just finished seven years to sin. Absolutely loved it. Especially the red dress and the sex in the carriage! how did they manage that!!! Now i see where the sex in the limo and red dress came from in Bared.

Gong to start it again.

Enjoy being a hermit. :)

My Goodreads list has grown too and some of the books mentioned I have read.

There's a paranormal series that I just read Significance Series - the first one you can download for free and they are coming out with the movie next year.

J.S. Scott - The Billionaire's Obsession (4 in this series) and then there's Heart of the Billionaire (takes the 2 characters from the Obsession) and she's coming out with the 3rd not sure of the date that takes one of the characters from Heart book.

I have to  make a list but these come to mine.   I love Samantha Young and read all 3.

Also, I noticed I have the FSOG books and when I rec'd my IPAD my friend sent me the ebook version and the 1st book there's a lot of words that are changed from the ebook to the book.