Books as good as the Crossfire series

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the series.  There is one scene that is very hard to take in RUSH.  But the series is interesting and I did like the books.  A lot.  They seemed different than FSOG.  Christian wanted to hurt but these guys do not.  And the women were not so naive.

I love all the Maya Banks' books I've read so far.  In my opinion the BDSM is much lighter than FSOG.  It isn't hard to take at all.   The books are more more about the love relationship than BDSM.

Hi Sharon,

I have been reading the Maya Banks KGI series and I have to say, that for the most part, I have really enjoyed it.  I found "Shades of Gray" a little hard to take, but that was because of the subject material and not the writing.  Thanks for the recommendation though.  Overall it has been a really interesting and romantic series. 

GiGi  :)

Hi Everyone,

1. Pamela Ann Books:  Chasing Series
  • Chasing Beautiful
  • Chasing Imperfection
  • The Chasing Diaries (a Companion Novella)
  • Chasing Paradise

1. Pamela Ann Books:  Torn Series
  • Scornfully Yours
  • Scornfully Hers (Carter 1.5)
  • Frayed
  • Blasphemous
  • Fixated On You (TBR August 2013)
  • Crushed (TBR September 2013)

These are the additions to the list for anyone who might be interested in picking up one of these books.  I have added it to the Master List and the next time I post the Master these books and all of the other additions will also be added to that list as well. 

Wallbanger was a funny as you all said.  Thanks for the recommendation!  I've promised myself no more buying books until I've finished my big kids-are-back-to-school house cleaning project.  :(

I loved Wallbanger, thought it was so funny as well :)

I have found a few independent authors with some great books.

Sadie Grubor has the Modern Arrangement trilogy (save the date, here comes the bride and happily ever addendum), All Grown Up, and Falling Stars that are pretty good. The books do have some editing errors, but the stories are good.

Angela Graham has a book called Inevitable that is really good. The second book will be out late September or early October.

Also, if you like Hunger Games, I recommend Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant (due out Oct 22) by Veronica Roth.

I have found a few independent authors with some great books.

Sadie Grubor has the Modern Arrangement trilogy (save the date, here comes the bride and happily ever addendum), All Grown Up, and Falling Stars that are pretty good. The books do have some editing errors, but the stories are good.

Angela Graham has a book called Inevitable that is really good. The second book will be out late September or early October.

Also, if you like Hunger Games, I recommend Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant (due out Oct 22) by Veronica Roth.

Hi Klpper,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

I was just wondering, do the authors that you have listed, fall under the category of the erotic romance or non-erotic romance genre?  I would like to add them to the Master List for the forum members. 

Your clarification would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Hi Klpper,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

I was just wondering, do the authors that you have listed, fall under the category of the erotic romance or non-erotic romance genre?  I would like to add them to the Master List for the forum members. 

Your clarification would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

The independent authors are non-erotic romance. Veronica Roth's books are YA

Young Adult.  This is a bookstore shelving designation, usually featuring characters under age 18.  It used to be that certain topics or amount of graphic content wasn't sold as YA (less swearing, less sex, less drug use, certain topics taboo, etc.) but that's no longer the case for the most part.  I'm not aware of any YA erotica or erotic romance, though.

Young Adult.  This is a bookstore shelving designation, usually featuring characters under age 18.  It used to be that certain topics or amount of graphic content wasn't sold as YA (less swearing, less sex, less drug use, certain topics taboo, etc.) but that's no longer the case for the most part.  I'm not aware of any YA erotica or erotic romance, though.

Thanks for the clarification Sarah.  It is greatly appreciated.

Hi all

If you are thinking of some other books read until the next book of the crossfire comes out the try these book the dare,good girls gone bad ,skin,jaded,theses books are written by karin tabke and in September 24th her next book comes out which is called doubledare this book goes the the dare I hope you like them as much as I did

Hi GiGi!

I'm reading Dating a Cougar by Donna McDonald now, and it is good indeed!! It's Book #1 in the Never Too Late Series.

Hi GiGi!

I'm reading Dating a Cougar by Donna McDonald now, and it is good indeed!! It's Book #1 in the Never Too Late Series.

Hi Gabri,

I am so glad that you are enjoying the book. There are so many good books to choose from! Thanks to all the ladies who have contributed thus far.  It gives everyone the opportunity to hear about new and interesting books!

Hi all

If you are thinking of some other books read until the next book of the crossfire comes out the try these book the dare,good girls gone bad ,skin,jaded,theses books are written by karin tabke and in September 24th her next book comes out which is called doubledare this book goes the the dare I hope you like them as much as I did

Hi Tbidwell,

I am glad that you suggested Karin Tabke.  I have included her on the updated Master List.  She has some really interesting stories.  Let me know what you think of her writing.  Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the books  by Karin Tabke:

1. Karin Tabke Books:  Blood Moon Rising Series
  • Blood Law
  • Bloodright
  • Blood Vow

1. Karin Tabke Books:
  • The Hard Stuff
  • Good Girl Gone Bad
  • What You Can’t See
  • Jaded
  • Master Of Surrender
  • Skin

For those who prefer to have the listed books all on one document, I will be posting the "Updated Master List" again at the end of August or beginning of September.  Thank you again for all of your suggestions ladies.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the books  by Karin Tabke:

1. Karin Tabke Books:  Blood Moon Rising Series
  • Blood Law
  • Bloodright
  • Blood Vow

1. Karin Tabke Books:
  • The Hard Stuff
  • Good Girl Gone Bad
  • What You Can’t See
  • Jaded
  • Master Of Surrender
  • Skin

For those who prefer to have the listed books all on one document, I will be posting the "Updated Master List" again at the end of August or beginning of September.  Thank you again for all of your suggestions ladies.

Thanks GiGi :)

Hiya everyone!!

I was browsing in a bookstore today and i came across this writer Indigo Bloom. Has anyone ever read one of her books? She has written Disigned to Play, Disigned to Feel and Designed to Fly, so i guess it is the Designed series? I'm not sure since it is translated very differently in my native language. I wasn't sure whether i should buy it or not and read some reviews, which are mixed ofcourse. So i hoped one of you ladies had read it?!

Greeties from Sunny Holland :)

I just finished reading This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas, WOW!!  I really enjoyed it, if you love the Crossfire Series then IMO you will love this too. I SO appreciate all the suggestions from everyone, every book  I've read that was recommended here I've really enjoyed. I seem to really love books about rich powerful men who fall deeply in love! Now I have to figure out what book(s) to read next, hmmmm any suggestions?

I just finished reading This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas, WOW!!  I really enjoyed it, if you love the Crossfire Series then IMO you will love this too. I SO appreciate all the suggestions from everyone, every book  I've read that was recommended here I've really enjoyed. I seem to really love books about rich powerful men who fall deeply in love! Now I have to figure out what book(s) to read next, hmmmm any suggestions?

Shannon-did you read Samantha Young's 'On Dublin Street' and 'Down London Road' yet? Or Maya Banks has a lot of good ones-but she has a lot of series-KGI and Sweet. You need to start out with the first one then go in order.

Hi,

I am not sure where to post this so I figured I would try on here.  On Facebook, Sylvia has been posting links and covers for books. Are those re-prints or the first time on E-Book but NOT new books?  I am kind of confused.  I didn't think that she had any new books other than Aftershock and Afterburn coming out. 

I would LOVE some clarification.

Thanks