Books as good as the Crossfire series

Hiya everyone!!

I was browsing in a bookstore today and i came across this writer Indigo Bloom. Has anyone ever read one of her books? She has written Disigned to Play, Disigned to Feel and Designed to Fly, so i guess it is the Designed series? I'm not sure since it is translated very differently in my native language. I wasn't sure whether i should buy it or not and read some reviews, which are mixed ofcourse. So i hoped one of you ladies had read it?!

Greeties from Sunny Holland :)

Hi Moonfeather,

I looked up Indigo Bloome and I noticed that she has the Avalon Trilogy:

1. Indigo Bloome Books:  Avalon Trilogy
  • Destined To Play
  • Destined To Feel
  • Destined To Fly

Is this the series that you saw or is it another series?  I haven't personally read her books but would be interested in knowing what others have thought about her books.

I have added her to the Master List.  Thanks for your suggestion.

GiGi :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished reading This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas, WOW!!  I really enjoyed it, if you love the Crossfire Series then IMO you will love this too. I SO appreciate all the suggestions from everyone, every book  I've read that was recommended here I've really enjoyed. I seem to really love books about rich powerful men who fall deeply in love! Now I have to figure out what book(s) to read next, hmmmm any suggestions?

Thank you for the suggestion Shan.  It has been included on the Master List.

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished reading Maya Banks KGI Series and I loved it!  I am also officially bummed though because I have finished reading all of the books to date.

I was interested in reading Maya Banks Sweet Series.  Can someone tell me what that series is about please?  I would like to know what the series is about before I make the commitment to buying all of these books if the storylines are too hard core (heavy BDSM, etc.).

Your help ladies would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished reading Maya Banks KGI Series and I loved it!  I am also officially bummed though because I have finished reading all of the books to date.

I was interested in reading Maya Banks Sweet Series.  Can someone tell me what that series is about please?  I would like to know what the series is about before I make the commitment to buying all of these books if the storylines are too hard core (heavy BDSM, etc.).

GiGi-I've read pretty much all of Maya Banks' books. Good reads. The Sweet Series has good stories in them. Some BDSM, but nowhere near the 50 Shades variety. It all worked well together. Here is the order (they all tie in)-

-  Surrender

-  Persuasion

-  Seduction

-  Temptation

-  Possession

-  Addiction

Hi Everyone,

They are good BUT are definietly heavy duty BDSM  - not just kinky f**kery (if you know what I mean)  

If you like Maya, read her Colter family series, they are just hot sex LOL.  Go to her website and she has the reading order, they are good stories, Only the Colter's Daughter gets any BDSM but nothing compared to 'Sweet" books.

Hope that helps

GiGi-I've read pretty much all of Maya Banks' books. Good reads. The Sweet Series has good stories in them. Some BDSM, but nowhere near the 50 Shades variety. It all worked well together. Here is the order (they all tie in)-

-  Surrender

-  Persuasion

-  Seduction

-  Temptation

-  Possession

-  Addiction

Sorry to disagree - and I did love these books -  but Temptation and Addiction are pretty heavy duty especially compared to 50 where alludes to what Christian has done in the past and wants Ana to do, these 2 go in detailed scenes.  

I don't know-I think I'm becoming numb to all this stuff. And hooked at the same time. 50 shades was the first book I ever read with BDSM in it. I never even read anything that described any sex scenes at all. Just wasn't interested-not that I was offended or shocked by it. Now I'm goofy for it! I may have to reread The Sweet Series and pay attention this time. Like I said-numb to it.

I don't know-I think I'm becoming numb to all this stuff. And hooked at the same time. 50 shades was the first book I ever read with BDSM in it. I never even read anything that described any sex scenes at all. Just wasn't interested-not that I was offended or shocked by it. Now I'm goofy for it! I may have to reread The Sweet Series and pay attention this time. Like I said-numb to it.

I know what you mean.  I haven't read romance novels since Joan Collins and Danielle Steele were so popular.  I only read FSOG because a couple women at work were talking about the book and they were reading too slowly for me to find out what happened next.  I didn't start reading the next romance book until April of this year when I started the Crossfire series.  Now I can't get enough.  I will say that some of the BDSM books will sometimes make me cringe. 

However, I started reading the Rescue Me series by Kallypso Masters and they are some of the best love stories.  The books are about a group of veterans who deal with PTSD and other war injuries by starting a BDSM club.  Some of the scenes are intense but they aren't gratuitous.  It is clear that the lifestyle serves a need and helps heal the characters. 

I just finished book 4 and the 1st page has a lot of warnings about abuse, incest, & BDSM.  Masters is a victim of child abuse (incest) and this book deals with a child abuse survivor.  There are parts that are very sad and heart wrenching.  Like all romance books there is a HEA but it is an 1100 page journey.  They are well worth the read.  The only negative is the next 3 books are on hold.  I think the author is negotiating with a publisher.  

BTW the first two books are free on Amazon.  That's how I started reading the series.

I know what you mean.  I haven't read romance novels since Joan Collins and Danielle Steele were so popular.  I only read FSOG because a couple women at work were talking about the book and they were reading too slowly for me to find out what happened next.  I didn't start reading the next romance book until April of this year when I started the Crossfire series.  Now I can't get enough.  I will say that some of the BDSM books will sometimes make me cringe. 

However, I started reading the Rescue Me series by Kallypso Masters and they are some of the best love stories.  The books are about a group of veterans who deal with PTSD and other war injuries by starting a BDSM club.  Some of the scenes are intense but they aren't gratuitous.  It is clear that the lifestyle serves a need and helps heal the characters. 

I just finished book 4 and the 1st page has a lot of warnings about abuse, incest, & BDSM.  Masters is a victim of child abuse (incest) and this book deals with a child abuse survivor.  There are parts that are very sad and heart wrenching.  Like all romance books there is a HEA but it is an 1100 page journey.  They are well worth the read.  The only negative is the next 3 books are on hold.  I think the author is negotiating with a publisher.  

BTW the first two books are free on Amazon.  That's how I started reading the series.

HAH! Funny you should mention Kallypso Masters-I downloaded those first two because they were free! Haven't started them yet. So after the 4, there are 3 more? I'm currently reading Maya Cross' Alpha Group Trilogy. I'll tackle the Masters books after.

Hi Moonfeather,

I looked up Indigo Bloome and I noticed that she has the Avalon Trilogy:

1. Indigo Bloome Books:  Avalon Trilogy
  • Destined To Play
  • Destined To Feel
  • Destined To Fly

Is this the series that you saw or is it another series?  I haven't personally read her books but would be interested in knowing what others have thought about her books.

I have added her to the Master List.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi GiGi!

According to the name of the novels yet it should be the same! I did not find out that it was called the Avalon Triology, so that why i thought it had another name. Still im curious if someone has read it on this forum and what their opinion is.

Now there is in the Netherlands a dutch writer who has come with an answer to the FSOG series: Marique Maas is the author. I don't know if the series are going to be translated, but it is worth to keep an eye out for it. If i translate it to the letter it is called: Walls of Glass series.

Only the first part has been released and the 2nd on is coming out on the 26th of september.

One note on the Maya Cross Alpha Group Trilogy -

It's not that big of a deal now that all three books are out, and it's good that they're only about $2.99 each, because each isn't really a standalone novel.  Cross explains that the whole thing was going to be too long for one novel (as per usual wordcounts in the genre) so for that and a few other reasons, she decided to split the story into three shorter books (full explanation on her website).  The first book doesn't quite wrap up its story, the second book ends in a massive cliffhanger, and the third just published this week (I haven't read it yet).  They're fun, but I'd recommend going into book one expecting to read all 3 in a row if you want a full story arc.

Actually, there's so much unexplored in this world, I hope Cross decides to write more books involving different characters and getting into some of the background details.

I highly recommend the THIS MAN  series.  It is different.  There is a little BDSM but very, very little considering the plot and it is there for a reason.  CROSSFIRE is by far my favorite series., but this is definitely in the top 5 groups of books.  I love that it takes place in London.  I love the British slang.  I love the 2 main characters and the plot twists are something else.  I never tire of Jesse. I would love other people

s opinions on this trilogy.

I highly recommend the THIS MAN  series.  It is different.  There is a little BDSM but very, very little considering the plot and it is there for a reason.  CROSSFIRE is by far my favorite series., but this is definitely in the top 5 groups of books.  I love that it takes place in London.  I love the British slang.  I love the 2 main characters and the plot twists are something else.  I never tire of Jesse. I would love other people

s opinions on this trilogy.

I just finished this series as well and posted a comment it about it here. I loved all three books, I would put this series up there with the Crossfire series. I Definitely recommend This Man Trilogy.

I just finished this series as well and posted a comment it about it here. I loved all three books, I would put this series up there with the Crossfire series. I Definitely recommend This Man Trilogy.

Hi Shan--

I saw what you wrote and that is why I commented.  I am glad you agree.  It is not a commonly known trilogy, but I love it.

They are good BUT are definietly heavy duty BDSM  - not just kinky f**kery (if you know what I mean)  

If you like Maya, read her Colter family series, they are just hot sex LOL.  Go to her website and she has the reading order, they are good stories, Only the Colter's Daughter gets any BDSM but nothing compared to 'Sweet" books.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the suggestion Fsumom.  It is greatly appreciated.  I didn't have a problem with Fifty Shades of Grey at all, because the storyline was so well written, but I had a problem with a few of the scenes from Shayla Black's "Wicked Series". I didn't have a problem with the concept of BDSM, but I did have a problem with the level of violence that was exacted against some of the female characters.  I don't like the concept that a woman has to be coerced into a se* act or actually enjoys having physical violence exacted against them (cruel violence, searing pain, etc.).

Thanks for the information. 

GiGi  :)

Just read

Accidentally on Purpose Book 1

Worthy of Redemption Book 2

By L Davis

Brilliant reads. Angsty. Tension passion torment. Got it all. Tissues required

Hi Julie,

Your suggestions have been added to the Master List.  Thanks for the addition.

One note on the Maya Cross Alpha Group Trilogy -

It's not that big of a deal now that all three books are out, and it's good that they're only about $2.99 each, because each isn't really a standalone novel.  Cross explains that the whole thing was going to be too long for one novel (as per usual wordcounts in the genre) so for that and a few other reasons, she decided to split the story into three shorter books (full explanation on her website).  The first book doesn't quite wrap up its story, the second book ends in a massive cliffhanger, and the third just published this week (I haven't read it yet).  They're fun, but I'd recommend going into book one expecting to read all 3 in a row if you want a full story arc.

Actually, there's so much unexplored in this world, I hope Cross decides to write more books involving different characters and getting into some of the background details.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have included it on the Updated Master List.  Thanks again.

Hi GiGi!

According to the name of the novels yet it should be the same! I did not find out that it was called the Avalon Triology, so that why i thought it had another name. Still im curious if someone has read it on this forum and what their opinion is.

Now there is in the Netherlands a dutch writer who has come with an answer to the FSOG series: Marique Maas is the author. I don't know if the series are going to be translated, but it is worth to keep an eye out for it. If i translate it to the letter it is called: Walls of Glass series.

Only the first part has been released and the 2nd on is coming out on the 26th of september.

Hi Moonfeather,

I located the author that you mentioned:

1. Marique Maas (a.k.a. Esther Verhoef) Books:  Walls Of Glass Series
  • Muren Van Glas/The Encounter

I read the synopsis and it sounds really interesting.  I am wondering if I can find a Dutch translation. I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Thank you for your suggestion.  It has been added to the Updated Master List.  Thanks again.

Hi GiGi!

Hi Moonfeather,

I located the author that you mentioned:

1. Marique Maas (a.k.a. Esther Verhoef) Books:  Walls Of Glass Series
  • Muren Van Glas/The Encounter

I read the synopsis and it sounds really interesting.  I am wondering if I can find a Dutch translation. I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Thank you for your suggestion.  It has been added to the Updated Master List.  Thanks again.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your suggestions.  They have been added to the "Updated Master List".  The series actually looks really good.  I may have to give it a try.  Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the books that Sharon has suggested:

1. Kallypso Masters Books:  Rescue Me Series
  • Masters At Arms
  • Nobody’s Angel
  • Nobody’s Hero
  • Nobody’s Perfect
  • Somebody’s Angel (TBR…)
  • Nobody’s Dream (TBR…)
  • Nobody’s Home (TBR…)

I have just started the "This Man" series by Jodi Ellen Malpas.  OMG.  I really hate to put it down and come to work days.  Jesse Ward and Ava O'Shea are interesting characters with a real sizzle between them.  :Fan :Fan... 

This Man

Beneath This Man

This Man Confessed