Books as good as the Crossfire series

Hey GiGi,

Somebody's Angel is out.  It is almost 400 pages (I love longer books because I read so fast).  The timeline is what happens with Marc & Angel starting around and and after the Aspen trip.  Masters uses an interesting technique because we see some of Damien & Savannah's and Adam & Karla's adventure from a different point of view.  The book fills in a lot of blanks while taking Marc and Angelina on a difficult journey.  I liked it and now I'm waiting again for Luke & Cassie to get to their HEA. 

Next week Maya Banks next book in the KGI series is out.  She posted on her blog that this is her longest book to date.  As I said before, I like the longer books because we get more details.  Since Van is my favorite Kelly I can't wait for After the Storm.

It does seem like I'm waiting a lot for the rest of the story. LOL

Hi Sharon,

I haven't read Somebody's Angel yet.  It hasn't been released in print yet, but I am waiting patiently.  :) 

I have read Maya Bank's latest book and am eagerly await her next release in June.  Fingers crossed here that Swanny will get his happily ever after.  :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sharonm and GiGi!

Even BDSM is not my thing, after reading both your comments here about Kallypso Masters' Rescue Me series, I decided to give those books a try and I have really enjoyed them. Thank you ladies! Now I am another one waiting for Luke and Cassie story!

By the way, did you know Kally is going to write a new series? It's gonna be a spinoff of the Rescue Me series, based on the Giardano brothers.  She said this new one will be "vanilla", but really really hot. Well, as all the Giardano brothers are firemen, I don't doubt it. ;)

Again, thank you for your recommendations. 

Hi Gaia,

I think what makes Kallypso Masters' books work is the fact that the main point of her books isn't about the sex.  She has very screwed up characters that are trying to cope with their "inner demons" with various tools, that includes BDSM. 

I am waiting patiently for the next release in print....sigh!  I can be patient, I can be patient...I can be patient...:)

I am glad you enjoyed the books.  :)

GiGi  :)

Hi ladies!

I'm really disappointed with the last KGI, After the Storm. I think this time Maya Banks rushed the love story too much. As she said it was her longest book to date, I was expecting something else, something more for Van's book. The story is ok in general, but the love story is an exaggeration of instalove. Really sad it went that way. I hope Swanny's book (When Day Breaks, KGI #9) due to June 24th will be better.

On the other side, I really loved Samantha Young's Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street #3), even if the plot has an important similarity in some aspect with Beautiful Player.

Also, if you like the family stories like the With Me in Seattle series, I will recommend you The Alexanders series by M. Malone (a suggestion to GiGi's list ;)  ) The books and reading order are as follows, and there are more to come in the future:

• Teasing Trent (The Alexanders, #0.5)
  • One More Day (The Alexanders, #1)
  • The Things I Do for You (The Alexanders, #2)
  • He's the Man (The Alexanders, #3)
  • Christmas With The Alexanders (The Alexanders, #3.5)
  • All I Need is You (The Alexanders, #4) TBR February. 14th 2014

And talking about the With Me in Seattle series, I've seen the last book on the list is Breathe With Me (#7), but there's another one, Forever With Me (#8), that ends the series. It's Dominic and Alecia story.

For Kristen Proby fans, she is releasing a new series, a trilogy this time, called Love Under the Big Sky, the books are:

• Loving Cara (#1) TBR January, 21st 2014
  • Seducing Lauren (#2) TBR August, 19th 2014
  • Falling for Jillian (#3) TBR late 2014

To the ones who love the KGI series, I've discover something the same style. It's the Hostile Operations Team series by Lynn Raye Harris.  First 3 stories were released in 2013, next 3 are expected this 2014:

• Hot Pursuit (#1) [i don't know why, but I fell in love for a while with Captain Matt Girard :) ]
  • Hot Mess (#1.5)
  • Hot Package (#1.6) not published standalone, for now can be found as a novella on Hot, Sexy and Bad: A Holiday Collection
  • Dangerously Hot (#2) TBR spring 2014
  • Hot Shot (#3?) TBR summer 2014
  • Untitled (#4?) TBR late 2014 and problaby the final stand

At least, the first 3 can be read as standalone books.

And finally, to those who enjoyed the Stark Triolgy by J. Kenner, she has a new trilogy, the Most Wanted series. Each book is the story of one of three friends, "three enigmatic and powerful men, and the striking women who can bring them to their knees":

• Wanted (#1) released January 7th
  • Heated (#2) TBR May, 13th 2014
  • Ignited (#3) TBR September, 2nd 2014

I really enjoyed the first book, Evan Black and Angelina Raine story. Evan Black is introduced by J. Kenner on Take Me, the novella that gives closure to the Stark Trilogy (but not to the Stark universe, as on March 11th is expected Tame Me (Stark International #1), Jamie Archer and Ryan Hunter story).

Well, a lot of suggestions to read while we wait for Captivated by You. If  I read something else or found out any other information I will let you know. Enough for today.

Hi Gaia,

All of those books are on the glorious and wonderful Master Book List lady!  :D

Hi GLH, have you read "On Dublin Street" by Samantha Young. A great story with great sex scenes & ...don't hit me... but I liked the male & female main characters more than Eva & Gideon. (they come in second). Her writing is an easy read & very witty.

Dgaffeine, I LOVE the On Dublin St series ! Especially Braden and Joss... Love them :). Do u ever go on Samantha youngs website? She puts extra scenes from some of the books on there. It's great :)

Dgaffeine, I LOVE the On Dublin St series ! Especially Braden and Joss... Love them :). Do u ever go on Samantha youngs website? She puts extra scenes from some of the books on there. It's great :)

Hi Nathalia, I do go on her website and have read Castle Hill & A Dublin Street Christmas...like the Crossfire series, I could read about Braden & Joss forever!!!

GiGi,

I don't know if you read the latest K. Masters book yet but she has a post on Goodreads.  I guess there are people upset with her because she isn't planning the Luke & Cassie story to be a BDSM story.  It makes sense (to me anyway) that Cassie wouldn't be into BDSM based on her history.  It always surprises me when people get upset with an author's planned story.  I'm a talented reader but I couldn't write a book (not a decent one anyway) if my life depended on it.  As long as I get a good story I don't care.  If a book's subject matter doesn't appeal to me I don't buy the book and I wait for the next one s/he writes.  Anyway K. Masters is going to be at Book Bash this year (as well as many other writers you all have me reading).  I can't wait to meet her.

Hi all thank you for everyones suggestions written them all down in a to read list, have so far read the fixed trilogy and loved it and am now reading wallbanger which is so funny. Cant wait to get to know you all and for the 4 and 5th books to come out.

Hi Crossfire Lover, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

GiGi,

I don't know if you read the latest K. Masters book yet but she has a post on Goodreads.  I guess there are people upset with her because she isn't planning the Luke & Cassie story to be a BDSM story.  It makes sense (to me anyway) that Cassie wouldn't be into BDSM based on her history.  It always surprises me when people get upset with an author's planned story.  I'm a talented reader but I couldn't write a book (not a decent one anyway) if my life depended on it.  As long as I get a good story I don't care.  If a book's subject matter doesn't appeal to me I don't buy the book and I wait for the next one s/he writes.  Anyway K. Masters is going to be at Book Bash this year (as well as many other writers you all have me reading).  I can't wait to meet her.

Hi Sharon,

I haven't read Kallypso Masters' latest book.  It hasn't come out in print yet, but I am waiting patiently.  :)

I read your comments and I can understand where you are coming from.  I agree with you; I don't think that a BDSM type of story would fit the characters of Luke and Cassie (especially Cassie). 

It is a shame that a wonderful tool like the Internet, is being used to spread unkind comments. I agree with you as well.  At the end of the day, it is the consumer who has the power to either purchase a book or leave it back on the bookshelf.  If a book is highly irresponsible in the material that has been printed, then the consumer has every right to contact the publisher and express his/her concerns about said printed material and not purchase further material from said author.

Anyway, when is Book Bash?  If Kallypso Masters has a meet-and-greet, if you happen to attend and take notes, feel free to share sister!  I am all ears?  :D  Do you know if Sylvia will be doing another meet-and-greet with her fans?  I hope you have a good time.  :)

I almost forgot; how did you like Maya Banks' last book?  I know that you had mentioned that Van was your favourite character.  Did the book live up to your expectations? 

Hi GLH, have you read "On Dublin Street" by Samantha Young. A great story with great sex scenes & ...don't hit me... but I liked the male & female main characters more than Eva & Gideon. (they come in second). Her writing is an easy read & very witty.

Hi!!  I have read all of the books in that series and loved them all.

I read the Burg series by Kristen Ashley.  Her books are fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies---

Long timer, no post.

I see I am not the only one who loves Kristen Ashley books. Well, I have read the latest in the Burg series---The Promise.  Great.  Also, she has stared a series with The Will which takes place in Maine.  Loved that also.

I read the whole Rescue Me series by K Masters and I have to agree that Cassie could never be into BDSM.  Would not work.

Also read THE FIXED Trilogy.  It's good, but the follow up book, HUDSON, from the male POV is even better.

Anything new out that I need to read?  Please help!  Running out of ideas.  I read a lot and I know that ONE NIGHT PROMISED by Jodi Melpasse is coming out here Aug. 5.  (It's already released in the UK.)  I adored the THIS MAN series so I am looking forward to that.  

• 1 year later...

In order to get over the wait for OWY I have found 3 new authors!!  If you want some exciting reading, please read the Evidence Series by Rachel Grant, The Cold Justice Series by Toni Anderson and the Calendar Girl series by Audrey Carlan.  The Calendar Girl Series is REALLY HOT reading.  They were 10 chapters each for each month and I couldn't wait for the next one.  Good thing they were all out and available to buy at once!..  The other two series are really stand alone, with new characters each book, but the past characters make "guest" appearances.  Us Sylvia Day fans would really enjoy them. 

We haven't had a Tuesday Teaser in a long time.  Maybe we will be getting chapter countdowns or pictures to depict what would happen like Sylvia did for EWY.

Laters