Books as good as the Crossfire series

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Please find a copy of the latest ever-changing and constantly updating Master List.

Grrrr!!!!  The website won't let me post the Master List...sigh!  I don't know hwat is going on....I have two days to figure it out.  Sorry ladies.

GiGi:(

Hi Everyone,

I have spent the past several hours trying to post the Master List for the month of October and haven't been able to do so.  Something may have happened as result of when the thread was moved.  I will have to contact the administrator about this technical problem.

If anyone would like a copy of the Updated Master List please send me an email and I will send you an Updated copy of the Master List for October.  Please include an email address so I can send a copy of the Master List.  I tried to send a copy of the Updated Master List yesterday and was not successful. 

Thanks everyone.

GiGi:(

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have contacted the Administration about not being able to post the Updated Master List.  Hopefully I will hear back from the administration soon and everything will be resolved. 

In the mean time, if anyone would like a copy of the Updated Master List for the month of October, please message me and I will send you an Updated Master List via email. 

GiGi  :)

I just finished the first six books of the Song of Submission series by CD Reiss.  The seventh and final book is due out next week.  Jonathan and Monica have a lot of issues to work through with family and an ex-wife a major hurdle.  The couple is almost as captivating as Gideon and Eva.  I will caution that there is a Dom/sub relationship and some scenes are very rough.  It is well written and the reader can't help but cheer for the couple.  The books are very easy reads.  Amazon has the 1st 3 on sale in a bundle for .99.  It is a cheap investment to see if you like the story. 

I just finished the first six books of the Song of Submission series by CD Reiss.  The seventh and final book is due out next week.  Jonathan and Monica have a lot of issues to work through with family and an ex-wife a major hurdle.  The couple is almost as captivating as Gideon and Eva.  I will caution that there is a Dom/sub relationship and some scenes are very rough.  It is well written and the reader can't help but cheer for the couple.  The books are very easy reads.  Amazon has the 1st 3 on sale in a bundle for .99.  It is a cheap investment to see if you like the story. 

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have added it to the ever Updating Master List.  Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the books from CD Reiss:

1. CD. Reiss Books:  Songs Of Submission Series
  • Beg
  • Tease
  • Submit
  • Jessica And Sharon (Book 3.5)
  • Control
  • Burn
  • Rachel (Book 5.5)
  • Resist
  • Cry (TBR…2013)
  • Sing (TBR…2013)

Hi Everyone,

I just finished reading the Kalypso Masters series.  I have to say it was a fabulous read!!  The material was real well researched and presented in a very respectful manner.  If everyone gets a chance, they might want to give these books a read.  Thanks for your suggestion ladies! 

Hi Everyone,

I just finished reading the Kalypso Masters series.  I have to say it was a fabulous read!!  The material was real well researched and presented in a very respectful manner.  If everyone gets a chance, they might want to give these books a read.  Thanks for your suggestion ladies! 

I agree GiGi.  I don't know if I told you this already but I sent a message to Kalypso about the next book.  She is hoping to get it out by the end of the year but she is dealing with some personal issues and she has a new grand child that put her off schedule.  She said it will be here soon.

I agree GiGi.  I don't know if I told you this already but I sent a message to Kalypso about the next book.  She is hoping to get it out by the end of the year but she is dealing with some personal issues and she has a new grand child that put her off schedule.  She said it will be here soon.

Hi Sharon,

Yes, you did let me know.  Thank you for thinking of me.  I am now in the position of having to wait for yet, another, really good book.  Sigh!  I really do hope that she publishes something before the end of the year.  I am keeping my fingers crossed. 

Hi GiGi! Awesome job making the list!

I was searching this thread to find something to read while waiting for CBY (what can be seen two pages before this one), and i've seen the post says:

1. Christina Lauren Books:
  • Beautiful B*tch
  • Beautiful B*stard
  • Beautiful Stranger

As you are the  one holding the list, I'd thought it would be ok to tell you that it's incompleted and not following the reading order.

These series by Christina Lauren are 3 books and 3 novellas, and the reading order as follows:

• Beautiful B*stard (Book)
  • Beautiful B*tch (Novella)
  • Beautiful Stranger (Book)
  • Beautiful Bombshell (Novella)
  • Beautiful Player (Book) TBR 29th October
  • Beautiful Beginning (Novella) TBR 19th November

And here the series end. Hope you don¡t mind the correction and my apologies if you already did it and I was unable to see it.

Hi GiGi! Awesome job making the list!

I was searching this thread to find something to read while waiting for CBY (what can be seen two pages before this one), and i've seen the post says:

1. Christina Lauren Books:
  • Beautiful B*tch
  • Beautiful B*stard
  • Beautiful Stranger

As you are the  one holding the list, I'd thought it would be ok to tell you that it's incompleted and not following the reading order.

These series by Christina Lauren are 3 books and 3 novellas, and the reading order as follows:

• Beautiful B*stard (Book)
  • Beautiful B*tch (Novella)
  • Beautiful Stranger (Book)
  • Beautiful Bombshell (Novella)
  • Beautiful Player (Book) TBR 29th October
  • Beautiful Beginning (Novella) TBR 19th November

And here the series end. Hope you don¡t mind the correction and my apologies if you already did it and I was unable to see it.

Hi Gaia,

Thank you for the additions.  I always welcome input and feedback from all the forum members.  You are the great ladies who read and recommend many of the books that are listed on the Master List. 

If you have any recommendations in the future please feel free to post them and I will make sure that they will be added to the List.  Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the books from CD Reiss:

1. CD. Reiss Books:  Songs Of Submission Series
  • Beg
  • Tease
  • Submit
  • Jessica And Sharon (Book 3.5)
  • Control
  • Burn
  • Rachel (Book 5.5)
  • Resist
  • Cry (TBR…2013)
  • Sing (TBR…2013)

Sing was release Monday.  I posted a question about Cry because I didn't want to Cry after the HEA (I cried enough getting there)  CD Reiss responded that Cry had a redundant plot so the book was cut.  I'm always surprised when I get a reply to one of my questions on Twitter, FB or email but I like when I do. 

Sing was release Monday.  I posted a question about Cry because I didn't want to Cry after the HEA (I cried enough getting there)  CD Reiss responded that Cry had a redundant plot so the book was cut.  I'm always surprised when I get a reply to one of my questions on Twitter, FB or email but I like when I do. 

You have a great sense of humour Sharon.  :)

I have edited and updated the ever-changing Master List.  Thanks again for the updates.

Hi Everyone,

I just finished reading Shayla Black's novella Wicked All Night and it was a really good read.  The storyline was really well written, the material was accurate and not overdone.  The storyline had passion, twists and turns.  The characters were likeable (or dislikeable in certain instances). 

As far as novellas go, I would recommend this one.  The read was light, the storyline had passion and action.  I even liked the characters.  If you have the time, I would give it a try ladies.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the Disastrous Series by E.L. Montes. Only two books, both released:

• Disastrous (book 1)
  • Cautious (book 2)

She is Mia Sullivan, an early-mid twenties 4.0 GPA student at Harvard' School of Law, alone in the world with just one friend and a past full of loss.

He is Marcus DeLuca, late twenties, the richest and top lawyer of Boston, but with a doble life. Attorney by day / more or less forced-to-be Mobster by night.

Of course, both sexy and hot. The story, lots of love, a lot of difficulties and betrayals, but HEA,

Hi Everyone,

I just finished reading:  South of Bixby Bridge.  It is by Ryan Winfield.  After reading that book, I think I have a better understanding of what it would be like to live in the time of Sodom & Gomorrah.  The book was very intense and if the reader can stick with the storyline until the end, it will all make sense.

My heart broke for the characters.  If anyone gets a chance, they might want to give this book a read.  The material isn't light or fluffy, but very dark and intense.  If you have the intestinal fortitude; give this book a read.

Thanks,

GiGi

Hi Everyone,

I just finished reading:  South of Bixby Bridge.  It is by Ryan Winfield.  After reading that book, I think I have a better understanding of what it would be like to live in the time of Sodom & Gomorrah.  The book was very intense and if the reader can stick with the storyline until the end, it will all make sense.

My heart broke for the characters.  If anyone gets a chance, they might want to give this book a read.  The material isn't light or fluffy, but very dark and intense.  If you have the intestinal fortitude; give this book a read.

Thanks,

GiGi

Hi GiGi, I understand that you have an extensive list of good reads at your disposal. I read the classics, Russian novelists like Dostoevsky & Tolstoy, British classics & Canadiana. But, right now my mind is looking for more romance/erotica novels like the crossfire series & a little less like Fifty shades(sometimes there's just too much of the toys, etc)...prefer a man like Gideon who uses his hands.

Anyway, is there something out there that you have read that meets this criteria? Thank you.

.../.... But, right now my mind is looking for more romance/erotica novels like the crossfire series & a little less like Fifty shades(sometimes there's just too much of the toys, etc)...prefer a man like Gideon who uses his hands.

Anyway, is there something out there that you have read that meets this criteria? Thank you.

Hi dgcaffeine! I'm also interested in the answers to your question ! ;)

If you have not read the Beautiful B*stard series by Christina Lauren, I think you'll like it (no toys, just hands). They are 6 books (well, 3 books and 3 novellas). All released with the exception of the last novella that would be realeased next 19th this month. More info on GiGi's list or on one of my previous posts in this thread.

GiGi,

One more addition to your list: "Take Me" a novella that continues the Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner and also introduces Evan Black, a new character which is going to be the central one on Kenner's next series. This novella is TBR on December, 3rd 2013.

Also, does anybody know why The Blackstone's Affair Trilogy is not longer available in english language kindle format? A few days ago I saw there's going to be another one (maybe a novella, don't remember) and the 3 existing previous book's kindle format were "not available to download at the moment". Yesterday and today I've search them again and they're disappeared, only paper format available in english. Any clues?

Hi dgcaffeine! I'm also interested in the answers to your question ! ;)

If you have not read the Beautiful B*stard series by Christina Lauren, I think you'll like it (no toys, just hands). They are 6 books (well, 3 books and 3 novellas). All released with the exception of the last novella that would be realeased next 19th this month. More info on GiGi's list or on one of my previous posts in this thread.

GiGi,

One more addition to your list: "Take Me" a novella that continues the Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner and also introduces Evan Black, a new character which is going to be the central one on Kenner's next series. This novella is TBR on December, 3rd 2013.

Also, does anybody know why The Blackstone's Affair Trilogy is not longer available in english language kindle format? A few days ago I saw there's going to be another one (maybe a novella, don't remember) and the 3 existing previous book's kindle format were "not available to download at the moment". Yesterday and today I've search them again and they're disappeared, only paper format available in english. Any clues?

Hi Gaia, I have read Beautiful Bast**d & plan on buying the rest of the series once Christmas shopping is completed. Then, I plan on a big Christmas splurge on books for me!!! So Gaia, thank you for answering my post. Also, I should mention, I am not into any of the historical/romance or paranormal genres...my preference right now is contemporary romance/erotica. Thank you both very much! (and Gaia, I sent my e-mail to GiGi so she can send me her list...you might be interested in that too)