Books as good as the Crossfire series

Hi Everyone,

All of the Donna McDonald Books have been added.  Could someone let me know what the other series are.  The books are listed but I couldn't figure out the series.

1. Donna McDonald Books:  Art Of Love Series
  • Carved In Stone
  • Created In Desire
  • Captured In Ink
  • Commissioned In White
  • Covered In Paint

1. Donna McDonald Books: 
  • Dating A Cougar
  • Dating Dr. Notorious
  • Dating A Saint
  • Dating A Metro Man
  • Dating A Silver Fox

1. Donna McDonald Books:
  • Next Song I Sing
  • Next Game I Play
  • Next Move I Make

1. Donna McDonald Books:
  • The Demon Of Synar
  • The Demon Master’s Wife
  • The Sirens Call
  • The Healer’s Kiss
  • The Demon’s Change

1. Donna McDonald Books:
  • The Right Thing
  • The Shaman’s Mate
  • Healing The Shaman

GiGi :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the last book in the stark trilogy, I really enjoyed the books, no where near as good as Crossfire obviously but still a good read and the final book tied up alot of loose ends altho the last few chapters did feel a little rushed!

Now what to read next?!

HI, I just finished this book and while they have extremely hot sex i totally agree that she wraps it up really quick in the end.  

They had a good story and I'm sorry she its taking it further like Sylvia is w/Crossfire.

I really looking forward to the new book. Reading chapter 1 and the snippets, it looks promising. I love the idea of the Italian family. After reading Sylvia's Georgian series, which I loved I need a new outlet. Before Captivated comes out!

Just finished Ask For It...Very good! I loved A Passion for the Game....St. John was yummy. :) 

I've got And the Mountains Echoed by Hosseini to start. That's a totally diff category than these books lol.

Just finished Ask For It...Very good! I loved A Passion for the Game....St. John was yummy. :)

I've got And the Mountains Echoed by Hosseini to start. That's a totally diff category than these books lol.

Glad you enjoyed the Georgian series. Have you read Seven Years to Sin. Brilliant! You will see where Sylvia gets her inspiration from for the Crossfire books. I keep going on about Alistair, he is gorgeous, in my head! If you haven't read this one, I promise you, you will not be disappointed. All these books are great.

St. John was scrummy. Lol:)

I totally agree about Seven Years to Sin.  Totally see where SD got G and E.  Loved Allistair a lot.  All of the heroes in the Georgian series are great.

Started And the Mountains Echoes.  While the writing is excellent, the subject just was too depressing for me.  There is just too much in life to be depressed about.  Right now, I want light and se xy.  Just me.

I totally agree about Seven Years to Sin.  Totally see where SD got G and E.  Loved Allistair a lot.  All of the heroes in the Georgian series are great.

Started And the Mountains Echoes.  While the writing is excellent, the subject just was too depressing for me.  There is just too much in life to be depressed about.  Right now, I want light and se xy.  Just me.

So agree with you.

I want to read to escape the doom and gloom not get sucked into it!

Have you read On Dublin Street. That's a good read. And Janes Melody.

So agree with you.

Loved On Dublin Street.  Loved all the characters.  Have not read Jane's Melody.  Gotta do that.  Lots of people here have recommended it.  

So agree with you.

I definitely read to escape the stress of everyday life etc that's why I so enjoy the fantasy of getting picked up in limousines and corner office sex on the 10 th floor of a skyscraper!!!

I definitely read to escape the stress of everyday life etc that's why I so enjoy the fantasy of getting picked up in limousines and corner office sex on the 10 th floor of a skyscraper!!!

Lol

Couldn't think of a better place! Or even a plane at 30,000 ft!! Yummy

Glad you enjoyed the Georgian series. Have you read Seven Years to Sin. Brilliant! You will see where Sylvia gets her inspiration from for the Crossfire books. I keep going on about Alistair, he is gorgeous, in my head! If you haven't read this one, I promise you, you will not be disappointed. All these books are great.

St. John was scrummy. Lol:)

Yes I have! That was the first of her historical's I read. Def thought I was reading about Gideon and Eva! Loved Alistair :)

Yes, unfortunately  I know it's going to be depressing. I've read his other two books. Great writing tho

So agree with you.

Loved On Dublin Street! Loved loved!

If you're reading to escape gloom & doom, you should definitely avoid J. K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy!  I just finished it last night and it was a kick in the stomach.  Well written for sure, but very very very sad.

Oh I know! I've read that....gotta admit, it was my first J.K. Rowling book! I cried like a baby at the end...I'm sure you know which scene (beach :( )  Had to re-read it lol....so many characters to keep track of...but really a good read.

Based on your recommendations, I'm reading On Dublin Street right now.  I'm enjoying it.  My only complaint is with the grammatical mistakes.  Number/amount, she/her, me/I, etc.  I wish the editors had caught more of these.

(My one complaint about Sylvia Day's Renegade Angels series is that she keeps saying there are "less than 200 Sentinels" or "less than 200 Fallen" remaining. Fewer! Fewer than 200!)

Based on your recommendations, I'm reading On Dublin Street right now.  I'm enjoying it.  My only complaint is with the grammatical mistakes.  Number/amount, she/her, me/I, etc.  I wish the editors had caught more of these.

(My one complaint about Sylvia Day's Renegade Angels series is that she keeps saying there are "less than 200 Sentinels" or "less than 200 Fallen" remaining. Fewer! Fewer than 200!)

remember with the Samantha Young books she is Scottish and will probably write as she speaks like we tend to do over here and sometimes we don't realise it until later, I loved the books but I can't say that I noticed anything wrong but sometimes I just get carried away reading and then don't notice things like that but being Scottish myself I could understand what she was writing :)

Sarah, you would have trouble with Cockney rhyming slang! You would tear your hair out! Lol

I agree, sometimes I re read a sentence because it doesn't sound quite right. I think it all depends on where the story is based.

I should clarify that I don't mind a bit of slang and I loved the Scottishisms in On Dublin Street.  My family has Scottish heritage and we spent a couple of weeks in Scotland a few years ago, so the book brought back some very pleasant memories. 

"Your" vs. "you're" mistakes, however, drive me crazy.  Just one of my annoying pet peeves.  :)

Hi GiGi

I just finished the first two books from the Gabriel Series last night. Really enjoyed the story. The third is not out yet and there is no date announced.

I havn't read or watched the movie of the twilight series, but I have read that this series also came about via fan fiction like FSOG.

The third book has a December release date. I really liked the first two.

Been away for awhile an just getting back to catching up with everything. Seems we all pretty much love the same books. I am in love with the Gabriel series. May I add a couple to the list

Billionaire Bachelor Series - Melody Ann (There are 7 books in the series follows two families and how each child ends up married)

Across Eternity - Aris Whittier I borrowed this book from a friend and after reading it I bought it so I could have it in my library. Make sure you have tissues for the end.

Looking forward to reading some of the suggested books. Thanks GiGi for compiling the list.

Been away for awhile an just getting back to catching up with everything. Seems we all pretty much love the same books. I am in love with the Gabriel series. May I add a couple to the list

Billionaire Bachelor Series - Melody Ann (There are 7 books in the series follows two families and how each child ends up married)

Across Eternity - Aris Whittier I borrowed this book from a friend and after reading it I bought it so I could have it in my library. Make sure you have tissues for the end.

Looking forward to reading some of the suggested books. Thanks GiGi for compiling the list.

Hi Rcmcap,

Your suggestions have been added to the Master List.  Thanks again for your suggestions.

GiGi :)

The GABRIEL aeries is one of my favorites and am waiting anxiously for the third.  My husband and I are going to Italy in September and I intend to reread the series, making notes, before we go.  Some of the details about the Uffizi and Florence and its countryside will come in handy.  It is also kind of cool that part of the story takes place in Pennsylvania and I have actually been to many of the places.  

Ok, just finished the Blackstone series....gotta say...didn't love it :( Sorry! Idk why! Maybe too predictable? Too I don't know what...I was really looking forward to it too..

Maybe I just compare to the Crossfire Series too much lol

I want to try the Stark series. Is it worth it? The Gabriel series too....I see the first book is over 500 pages!

Just got Losing Hope...want to start that  after my romance break when I'm done reading And the Mountains Echoed.

Ok, just finished the Blackstone series....gotta say...didn't love it :( Sorry! Idk why! Maybe too predictable? Too I don't know what...I was really looking forward to it too..

Maybe I just compare to the Crossfire Series too much lol

I want to try the Stark series. Is it worth it? The Gabriel series too....I see the first book is over 500 pages!

Just got Losing Hope...want to start that  after my romance break when I'm done reading And the Mountains Echoed.

I loved the Stark Series, but I also loved the Blackstone Series.

If the bluntness of sexual language in the Blackstone books bothered you,  then I wouldn't read the Stark series because it too has that language.