*** EWY***

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time is 1 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time for the lovely ladies in the U.K. It's 3 p.m. in Italy and Johannesburg.  

Let me know if there are any other locations to covert the time from 9 a.m. Eastern to local time.

Thank you LN, :)

without your help, I would have been late, as usual.

Want to hear a sad / funny story?

I was up really late last night listening to the audio version of Entwined. I work from home and have flexible hours so I ended up just working till it was over. I came on here for a bit and finally went to sleep around 3 am.

I started waking up, but was feeling really out of it and hit snooze on my alarm. Then it hit me, "Today is Friday and everyone is probably already talking about the book!" I jumped out of bed, tripped over my dog and fell fell right into the wall. Then I grabbed my phone and saw THURSDAY on the screen. Ugh

Lol my arm hurts from where I hit the wall. That's what happens when you get too excited and aren't quite awake yet! :)

Homestead I usually just say miami since no one knows where homestead is and plus miami is only 20 mins away :)

I am in Lakeland(central FL between Tampa and Orlando) and let me tell you I am so tired of the rain . Non stop for the past week. The up side is it is nice to curl up with a good book on a rainy day. The down side I have my 3 kids plus babysitting their 2 cousins that are driving me bonkers being trapped in the house. 5 kids ranging from 8 months to 6 years old is no bueno when trying read peacefully.

Hard I think is the word you are looking for LN LOL :D

Maybe stiff?

My English has improved indeed, ladies!!!

I think we're all hot and bothered having just read such erotic love scenes this week .... again and again and again ;)

"Bothered" is not the word I'd use!!!!   :blush:  lol 

I am in Lakeland(central FL between Tampa and Orlando) and let me tell you I am so tired of the rain . Non stop for the past week. The up side is it is nice to curl up with a good book on a rainy day. The down side I have my 3 kids plus babysitting their 2 cousins that are driving me bonkers being trapped in the house. 5 kids ranging from 8 months to 6 years old is no bueno when trying read peacefully.

O.o woah! I can imagine, just try to go to your crossfire happy place! Lol or like me... Just listen to HC's voice... I can't get over how wonderful it is!

Oh yea I know of Lakeland! Not long ago I was up there but in the villages in wildwood!

My kids asked if I had "cheated" and skipped parts to be so close to the end of the book so soon.

When my nephews see me reading an English book, they always say that I look at the pictures..... I wish I could!!!!!!

Want to hear a sad / funny story?

I was up really late last night listening to the audio version of Entwined. I work from home and have flexible hours so I ended up just working till it was over. I came on here for a bit and finally went to sleep around 3 am.

I started waking up, but was feeling really out of it and hit snooze on my alarm. Then it hit me, "Today is Friday and everyone is probably already talking about the book!" I jumped out of bed, tripped over my dog and fell fell right into the wall. Then I grabbed my phone and saw THURSDAY on the screen. Ugh

Lol my arm hurts from where I hit the wall. That's what happens when you get too excited and aren't quite awake yet! :)

I'll send some patches and bandages to you!!!

Take care :)

What's the word for naughty in Italian. Lol

it's "spinto" = spicey, arousing, sexy (words or behavior)

lol

Lol thx. I had to laugh at myself for being such a nut! Is it Friday yet??

Not yet, I'm afraid.

The tornado warnings are moving in your direction.  I'm in Seminole near the beach.  Most of the tornadoes stayed off the ground on this side I hope it is the same for you.

lol

I prefer "birichino", which is always "spicey, arousing and sexy", but with a more playful edge to it.

When a man is being "birichino" with you, he's making a move at you through double entendres.

When he's being "spinto" with you, he's sexually harassing you (Dear Gedeon, the second time he met Eva in Bared)

But then, it's the mood you're in that reeeeally makes the difference, doesn't it? lol

lol

so this is naughty sexy in Italian.  My husband's grandparents are from Italy and they tried to teach me a little Italian but I don't know enough.  My aunt, who speaks Italian to her mother all the time, didn't foul anyone when she was in Italy.  As soon as she opened her mouth they smiled and said "Americano"  She was upset because she thought her Italian was spot on.  :-)

I prefer "birichino", which is always "spicey, arousing and sexy", but with a more playful edge to it.

When a man is being "birichino" with you, he's making a move at you through double entendres.

When he's being "spinto" with you, he's sexually harassing you (Dear Gedeon, the second time he met Eva in Bared)

But then, it's the mood you're in that reeeeally makes the difference, doesn't it? lol

Good to know.  I'll add this to my limited Italian vocabulary.  Not sure how appropriate it will be but I'm sure I'll find a time to use it.

Excellent point -- I think the best way many of us want to savor the story is nice and slow. Kinda like Gideon makes love to Eva, a nice pace instead of "wham, bam, thank you mam."

But I'm wondering whether certain specialty threads might make sense for people who want to focus on a particular larger subject right away. Mainly to separate topics that cover multiple chapters (like the exes) from the chapter by chapter stuff. Make things easier for people who do want to jump ahead to particular characters versus people who want going over everything with a fine tooth comb.

I figure people will be starting their own threads too, like they have all along -- and which is GREAT, by the way. That's one of the beauties of this site, the ability of each person to start a thread, rather than it being run by moderators.

How about this -- those of us who want to do a chapter a day work together to create a thread for that. I think a second master thread clearly marked SPOILER in all-caps should be started too, to give fair warning to anyone checking it out that they might stumble across all the shockers right on up to the end of the story. So folks who really want to avoid spoilers for the time being can steer clear of that one until they're ready.

Maybe those two threads, then leave it up to individuals who might want to set up individual thread to focus on very specific things, like the murder case, how things unfold with characters like Corrine and Brett, etc ....

If this works, I'll create the two main threads -- chapter a day and SPOILER -- later today to get them ready and label them for what time many of the regulars have agreed to get going tomorrow (9 a.m. Eastern Time U.S. is a popular consensus). Meanwhile, everyone burning to discuss/dish certain characters can get lively discussions going for anyone else who wants to dive in.

Sounds great to me.  It's the best of both worlds.

Huh! Love it.

good evening Julie,

just killing time....... I know you live in England.... may I ask you where?

LN I have a question.  When we start tomorrow with chapters did we decide if we were starting with 1 or 2?  I remember there was a discussion but I can't find where we talked about that. 

We're going to start with Chapter 2. We got the entire Chapter 1 about a month ago, along with part of Chapter 2. But we didn't get all of Chapter 2 until each of us got our copies of the whole novel.