*** EWY***

so this is naughty sexy in Italian.  My husband's grandparents are from Italy and they tried to teach me a little Italian but I don't know enough.  My aunt, who speaks Italian to her mother all the time, didn't foul anyone when she was in Italy.  As soon as she opened her mouth they smiled and said "Americano"  She was upset because she thought her Italian was spot on.  :-)

And it sure was! Unfortunately, it's our mother-language accent that gives us away!!!!!!

Have you ever heard a French man speak English? As C. S. Lewis used to say: "Hard on the eye, but even harder on the ear"!!!

lol

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good evening Julie,

just killing time....... I know you live in England.... may I ask you where?

Hi Gabri

I live in Essex. Just outside of London. Place called Chelmsford.

Where in lovely Italy do you live?

When I was 6 we holidayed in Italy. On the Adriatic coast. Went to a lovely place called San Marino.

Daughter went to Venice recently.

I stayed up till 2 am Monday night/Tuesday morning and was able to get my ebook copy at 12midnight. Read it than fell asleep than woke up and read some more than fell back asleep since I'd only slept five hrs than woke up again and finished it. I couldn't believe I finished it so fast! Is is smaller than BTY? Waiting to savor it again with this reread.

Hi Gabri

I live in Essex. Just outside of London. Place called Chelmsford.

Where in lovely Italy do you live?

When I was 6 we holidayed in Italy. On the Adriatic coast. Went to a lovely place called San Marino.

Daughter went to Venice recently.

I live in Padova, which lies between Venice and Verona.

OMG, as a child I holidayed too on the Atlantic Coast!!! We used to go to Rimini, which is only one hour's trip from San Marino.

You know what? In my last rent-a-car trip from London to Land's End, I may have stayed in a Bed-and-Breakfast in Chelmsford...

I'll have to look through the travel journal I kept at the time.

It's a small world indeed we live in!!!!

PS. how much I miss your lovely country is beyond saying.

The ladies of this forum are chomping at the bit! It's like cars being revved up, at the start of a Grand Prix race!

May I drive the Ferrari, pleeeease.... one can never know! ;)

I live in Padova, which lies between Venice and Verona.

OMG, as a child I holidayed too on the Atlantic Coast!!! We used to go to Rimini, which is only one hour's trip from San Marino.

You know what? In my last rent-a-car trip from London to Land's End, I may have stayed in a Bed-and-Breakfast in Chelmsford...

I'll have to look through the travel journal I kept at the time.

It's a small world indeed we live in!!!!

PS. how much I miss your lovely country is beyond saying.

Hi Gabri

We stayed at a pace called Catollica near Rimini. How weird!

We are full of surprises here!

Hi Gabri

We stayed at a pace called Catollica near Rimini. How weird!

We are full of surprises here!

Quite so!!! :D

Personally I like the Aston Martin DB9 best car on the planet. ;)

I do wonder why I seem to know the car!!! ;) ;)

Good night, ladies

I'm going to call it an early night.

Eva and Gedeon are waiting for me!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.

Ciao!

so this is naughty sexy in Italian.  My husband's grandparents are from Italy and they tried to teach me a little Italian but I don't know enough.  My aunt, who speaks Italian to her mother all the time, didn't foul anyone when she was in Italy.  As soon as she opened her mouth they smiled and said "Americano"  She was upset because she thought her Italian was spot on.  :-)

I can't type anymore especially when I'm working.  *fool*

And it sure was! Unfortunately, it's our mother-language accent that gives us away!!!!!!

Have you ever heard a French man speak English? As C. S. Lewis used to say: "Hard on the eye, but even harder on the ear"!!!

lol

LOL that's what I told her.  She has a Baltimore accent which hurts the ears to many here when she speaks English.  I can imagine what she sounds like to an Italian. 

Want to hear a sad / funny story?

I was up really late last night listening to the audio version of Entwined. I work from home and have flexible hours so I ended up just working till it was over. I came on here for a bit and finally went to sleep around 3 am.

I started waking up, but was feeling really out of it and hit snooze on my alarm. Then it hit me, "Today is Friday and everyone is probably already talking about the book!" I jumped out of bed, tripped over my dog and fell fell right into the wall. Then I grabbed my phone and saw THURSDAY on the screen. Ugh

Lol my arm hurts from where I hit the wall. That's what happens when you get too excited and aren't quite awake yet! :)

Hi KBisMe, 

Easy now sister!  I hope you are ok.   Just make sure that your fingers are ok for tomorrow (I am saying that in jest)!  Just take care of yourself lady.

Want to hear a sad / funny story?

I was up really late last night listening to the audio version of Entwined. I work from home and have flexible hours so I ended up just working till it was over. I came on here for a bit and finally went to sleep around 3 am.

I started waking up, but was feeling really out of it and hit snooze on my alarm. Then it hit me, "Today is Friday and everyone is probably already talking about the book!" I jumped out of bed, tripped over my dog and fell fell right into the wall. Then I grabbed my phone and saw THURSDAY on the screen. Ugh

Lol my arm hurts from where I hit the wall. That's what happens when you get too excited and aren't quite awake yet! :)

Hi KBisMe, 

Easy now sister!  I hope you are ok.   Just make sure that your fingers are ok for tomorrow (I am saying that in jest)!  Just take care of yourself lady.

Hi Everyone,

OMW!!!!  I am going to lose my freaking mind!!!  I just finished yet another posting and I lost that one too!!!!  AHHHHH!!!!! I have steam lolling out of my ears and my nostrils!!!!  It is a serious big ugly over here…..

Anyway, I read Chapter One postings from EWY and I noticed that a lot of the postings were delightful suppositions and speculations based on the previous books and not one the book at hand.  What would everyone say to start from the beginning now that we have all had a chance to read the third book in its entirety?  Let me know?

I also noticed that a “Spoiler Thread†has been started and I am not sure that is necessary yet.  Sylvia hasn’t even finished writing the book, let alone sent it to the publishers, so how can we have spoilers without something concrete to refer to?  What does everyone think?  Let me know.  Thanks in advance.