Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The business means when Gideon say " it's early but we need to talk" and then they talk about what's going to happen and something's that had happened..!!

that is why I come in here Mrs C as I know if I can't get something someone else will be there to explain it to me, thanks again :)

I think the business part was that Gideon was in one of his sexy-as-h e l l three-piece business suits when he brought Eva coffee in bed ....

But my vote is smokin' hot suit, smokin' hot coffee .... smokin' hot sex while Gideon was still dressed in that suit.

Oh it was soooooo clever. I remember thinking when I first saw snapshot 3, I speculated had something to do with the blueberry flavored coffee account Eva was working at the office. I never envision Full Mogul Mode Gideon serving a very n a k e d Eva coffee in bed.

Yeh I just loved this chapter all in :)

Yes.. Your so good at detail..!!

I think the business part was that Gideon was in one of his sexy-as-h e l l three-piece business suits when he brought Eva coffee in bed ....

But my vote is smokin' hot suit, smokin' hot coffee .... smokin' hot sex while Gideon was still dressed in that suit.

Oh it was soooooo clever. I remember thinking when I first saw snapshot 3, I speculated had something to do with the blueberry flavored coffee account Eva was working at the office. I never envision Full Mogul Mode Gideon serving a very n a k e d Eva coffee in bed.

Yes.. Your so good at detail..!!

I think Eva is one h e l l of a lucky woman. Waking up to him in a three piece suit. Wowzer! To h e l l with the coffee!

Bobbing in the gutter with B.O.B.   .... you Brits are killing me !!!!! Can we order some hot Scots in kilts while we're at it?

Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We can try for you LN, my hubby is a "True Scotsman" when he wears his kilt but I would not suggest photo's LOL 

Bobbing in the gutter with B.O.B.   .... you Brits are killing me !!!!! Can we order some hot Scots in kilts while we're at it?

Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shall I crate one, or two up for you. I'll make sure he's got his sporran and bagpipes! Just for you!

Hey, another fun thing we can do -- something nice for Sylvia -- just came to me ....

Favorite Chapter Quotes or Paragraphs!

Because during the one-chapter-a-day re-read project of Bared and Reflected, our "homework" was to pick a favorite quote or paragraph So I'm going to go for it, including doing catch-up on chapters 2 and 1.

Ch. 3 favorite: "So my former boyfriend will be on Fifth Avenue, but I've got a hunky new neighbor to play with? This could be interesting." (page 25)

Ch. 2.  "For your convenience, I'm already unwrapped. Batteries not required." (page 19)

Ch. 1 "I can survive anything if I have you." (page 10)

Hey, another fun thing we can do -- something nice for Sylvia -- just came to me ....

Favorite Chapter Quotes or Paragraphs!

Because during the one-chapter-a-day re-read project of Bared and Reflected, our "homework" was to pick a favorite quote or paragraph So I'm going to go for it, including doing catch-up on chapters 2 and 1.

Ch. 3 favorite: "So my former boyfriend will be on Fifth Avenue, but I've got a hunky new neighbor to play with? This could be interesting." (page 25)

Ch. 2.  "For your convenience, I'm already unwrapped. Batteries not required." (page 19)

Ch. 1 "I can survive anything if I have you." (page 10)

Good idea.

Chapter 1

"I feel like my fu*king sanity depends on you, Eva , and you want me to be happy about that"

Chapter 2

"Eva. Let me..." He cupped my face, licking deep into my mouth. "Let me love you"

Chapter 3

Gideons fingertips glided softly down my cheek. "You were with me. The whole time. There wasn't a second that passed when you weren't on my mind. You own me, Eva. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I belong to you."

I loved this chapter (I say that about every chapter but I can't help it.)

Like everyone my heart broke when Gideon told Eva that he had an apartment next door.  I knew that leaving Eva hurt Gideon but I can't imagine him being next door.  So close and yet so far away.  When he said "It ripped me apart seeing how hurt and angry you were. Knowing I was causing you pain and that you were pulling away from me...It was for us both, but I couldn't take the risk that you might become a suspect."  I sighed.  It must have taken so much control for Gideon to hold back night after night. 

And when the light went on for Eva that he was protecting her completely and that he was continuing to protect her must have released a tremendous burden from her. 

When Eva sank to the floor Gideon immediately thought she was angry because he was following her.  When, in fact, it was all becoming clear to her the danger she was in from Nathan and all that Gideon did to protect her.

One question I had in this chapter is did Eva accept the "girls night out" request because she still wasn't solid with what happened between her and Gideon?  She could have said she couldn't because of other plans.  She knew a night out would include looking for a rebound guy.  I know whe wanted to support her friend but Megumi has other friends including her roommate.

I hated that the chapter ended by re-introducing Brett Kline.  I just don't like what this means for the future.

Favorite line from this chapter

"You're what drives me, Eva.  Can you understand that?  You're my heart and soul.  If something ever happened to you, it would kill me, too.  Keeping you safe is goddamned self-preservation! Tolerate it for me, if you won't do it for yourself." 

I guess it is almost a favorite paragraph but it makes my love affair with Gideon grow.

Hi everyone,

Chapter 3 was an interesting one.  It is in this chapter we the readers find out that Gideon has the apartment next door to Eva’s. 

• We start to get a deeper verbal understanding of just how much Eva affects Gideon.  He is verbalizing what he has been showing her from their first se**** encounter.  We are actually starting to see Gideon let down his guard and is starting to let Eva see into his heart; insecurities and all.
  • Favourite line from page 32…â€We are totally dysfunctional.â€â€¦ “I prefer selectively deviant.†   It added some much needed levity to a very serious and tense situation.

Do you think Gideon's initial thoughts about Eva were just to use toys/fingers/whatevers on her? When did using her as a one time thing turn into wanting more? Don't you think it happened before the s*x in the limo?

That is an interesting point. I wonder about this. It would be cool if in book 4 Gideon told Eva that just like when he told her about the actual first time he saw her outside the Crossfire.

That is an interesting point. I wonder about this. It would be cool if in book 4 Gideon told Eva that just like when he told her about the actual first time he saw her outside the Crossfire.

I think he realized Eva was going to be more to him than a one night stand before they even went out.  That is why he asked her over and over what he had to do and then met her at the nightclub and took her to the advocacy dinner. 

chapter-four.jpg

::: tapping mike ::::

"Hello, is this thing on? Testing ... one ... two ......" 

OK, good morning in the States, and good afternoon in Europe. We're doing a group deep-dive into chapter 4 of Entwined with You today. Two things about this particular thread:

1. Try to avoid talking about anything that comes up in later chapters (beyond 4 today) here. There's a main spoiler thread to talk about any and everything (and which has been going wild -- more than 800 posts alone in only two days!!!) The idea for this one specialty thread though is to make it safe for readers who have finished early chapters but not the whole book yet to come here and start commenting without running across spoilers. The system worked great yesterday on chapter 3.
  2. If you like, post a favorite quote or paragraph from the chapter -- just like Sylvia had asked the fans to do on the chapter-a-day re-read project of Bared to You and Reflected in You.